Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2023: The Great Reveal!

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2:43 PM
SHSL Morute

Oct 2020
hi @TotallyDemented !!! (i was kirakiracatboy, but recently changed my username!)

thank you for your recommendations!!! i finished the demon girl next door in just a couple of days! i really enjoyed watching it!!! it had my attention the whole time, but the character development is what really made it for me! i’ll absolutely be watching the second season soon!!

i never got around to starting stardust telepath, but i’m really excited about it and will absolutely start it soon! as for your one piece movie recommendation… i’m looking forward to the day it’s time for me to watch that movie!

thank you for the time you spent putting together my recommendations! i genuinely couldn’t be happier!

and of course, thank you to the elves who made this event possible!!! i’ll be participating again next year for sure!
Jan 8, 2:55 PM
Oct 2013
Thanks for the hard work, and I hope see you the next time
My Candies:

Jan 8, 3:02 PM
Feb 2022
@Noitora33 thank you for recommending me those amazing animes!

I really enjoyed only yesterday and my fav is the part where she is giggling remembering the guy who had a crush on her! It's very relatable hahaha I loved it.

I also really loved barakamon too! The characters were lovely, specially the relationship between handa and naru it just so awesome, literally finished it in 2 days bc of how good it was!

As for your 3rd recommendation i didn't saw it yet but I will tell you my thoughts on it when I do.

Again thank you so much for those amazing recommendations. And to be honest those animes were smth I wouldn't think I would enjoy (I judge from the cover too much 💀) but Im glad I watched them it was fun and I really enjoyed it.
Jan 8, 3:06 PM
Mar 2017
Hi @mosaicboy
Jan 8, 3:07 PM

Oct 2014
Thank you @Sports_Friday for your recs. I watched the first 4 episodes of texhnolyze and the plot intrigued me. I'll be sure to check out other recs as well
Jan 8, 3:16 PM

Jul 2023
Hello @PeterPoste12,

Thanks a lot for the recommendations! I started watching Komi Can't Communicate today and it seems very promising. My plan to watch list had gotten quite big to the point where I wasn't really using it much anymore so I'm happy that you included the extra recommendations. It's gonna be great to have something to watch with all the stress caused by the school semester almost ending. I hope you had a great Christmas and happy new year!

Thanks to the elves for organizing this event. It was a highlight of my Christmas vacation.
My Candies:
Jan 8, 3:22 PM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
Thank you @Startlefish for the rec and your kind message! I've liked what I've read so far of Spirit Circle, and although I haven't finished it it's on my priority list!

I probably would have never given it a chance if you hadn't recommended it to me. After watching Hoshi no Samidare I was pretty much planning to avoid other things the mangaka had written XD and no not because of the animation quality (although that also wasn't great LOL) but the story and characters just didn't resonate with me. Spirit Circle on the other hand has done a much better job so far of fleshing out the characters to make me care about them, so I'm looking forward to seeing what's next! ^^

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Jan 8, 3:24 PM
Nov 2020
@kaweri, thank you for the recommendations! I highly enjoyed 'Suzume no Tojimari' (I loved the art style). And I am planning to watch 'The Stranger by the Shore' soon (my regular site doesn't seem to have it or I would've watched it by now lol). And thanks for the complement about my profile! And I would love to talking with you about BL's. None of my anime-watching friends that I talk to are into it, not to mention after looking at your list, I'd guess we have fairly similar tastes! Hope to talk in the future!

BTW: I love your Snowman-Anya theme. She is just the cutest (and just hilarious in my opinion).
Jan 8, 3:27 PM
Apr 2021
@SMTspecial Thank you for the suggestions, I have started watching Dororo and Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. Well I haven’t got too far in them, since I have been a little bit busy, but I have enjoyed the start of each show a lot.

Sorry for being so vague with asking about what I wanted, I was very tired when filling out the application.

Thanks for the gifts!
Jan 8, 3:32 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to Draaloff
@Rubrick25, thanks for recommending Undead Girl Murder Farce!
I watched the whole thing in one go yesterday; the main cast and mysteries were a delight.

Thanks to the elves for another successful Secret Santa event!
@Draaloff Glad you ended up liking it!
Jan 8, 3:49 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to NatsukiCookies
@Noitora33 thank you for recommending me those amazing animes!

I really enjoyed only yesterday and my fav is the part where she is giggling remembering the guy who had a crush on her! It's very relatable hahaha I loved it.

I also really loved barakamon too! The characters were lovely, specially the relationship between handa and naru it just so awesome, literally finished it in 2 days bc of how good it was!

As for your 3rd recommendation i didn't saw it yet but I will tell you my thoughts on it when I do.

Again thank you so much for those amazing recommendations. And to be honest those animes were smth I wouldn't think I would enjoy (I judge from the cover too much 💀) but Im glad I watched them it was fun and I really enjoyed it.
@NatsukiCookies Thank you. I am glad you liked them.
Araragi-kun, genki ii ne? Nanika iikoto demo attanokai?

Jan 8, 3:52 PM

Jul 2022
The event was very good, thank you to all the teams and helpers
[centro]
Estou nivelado em MAL-Badges. Veja meus emblemas .
[/centro]
Jan 8, 3:58 PM
Jan 2023
Hey @-Jahra and staffs!

Thank you so much for the recommendation, I really loved and enjoyed Shiguang Dailiren. It was a really new anime for me, I wasn't know about them and it was an amazing discovery. I loved the story, the action, the characters, I confess that I'm not very used to the Chinese language but it was great to watch. I didn't put too many restrictions on the recommendation because I wanted my Santa to recommend something worth watching, and that definitely happened. :)

Thank you to the elves and event organizers. I had a great time choosing the anime to recommend and I was very surprised with the gift I received. The event was fun and I look forward to the next one.
Jan 8, 4:07 PM

Apr 2014
@Matt_D_Leo Thank you for the suggestions! I really didn't think that Planetes would be up my alley as I generally avoid space-themed shows (which actually made me really curious about it, seeing as you deemed it something I might like). I can definitely say this ended up being quite a pleasant surprise though! Will definitely watch the other recs as well (hopefully sometimes this year ^^)

And of course thank you to the MAL staff & volunteers! This event ran much smoother than last year's :)
2023:
2022:
2021:

Jan 8, 4:13 PM

Jun 2022
Thank you for the opportunity to participate in the MAL Secret Santa event, where we shared fun moments and exchanged gifts. I can't wait to participate again next year.

@awesomedude20, @odon2003, @firefractal, I will send private messages to thank you.

THANK YOU to all of our ELVES.
Jan 8, 4:25 PM

Jul 2008
Reply to Naturdays
Hello secret santa @HimeCrycho

Thank you for the amazing gift!!! I appreciate all the effort you put in, i know it must've been quite the challenge but it means a lot that you could find me a anime that i have yet to watch that i would be interested in. I have yet to finish watching both recommendations: Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san, and Show By Rock!!. But from what i have seen so far, i love the art style and am having a blast watching them both. Once i get more free time i want to binge them. But they both have a nostalgic feel to them and i enjoy that. This has been a really great gift and i appreciate it alot. THANK YOU !!!!<3

And thanks to all the elves and event organizers for another amazing event that allows all of us in the community to get to know each other, and make new friends and discover more shows to watch that we would enjoy! Until next year!!!! <3
@Naturdays Oh my gosh!! Aren't you the sweetest?! I am SOOO glad that you are enjoying them both so far!! I was worried you knew about both of them and I was like "oh no I want to find at least one they'd never heard of!! please work!!" When you have seen as much as we have, it is quite the job to do! You're welcome and your message has totally not only made my day, but makes being a part of the whole event so worth it!! I hope you will take part of our event next year too!
Jan 8, 4:26 PM

Jun 2012
Thank you to all the elves who worked hard behind the scenes for secret santa 2023!

A big thank you to my santa @Bestkindoftrash for the recommendation. I'm 1/4 way through the manga Last Game & you are absolutely on point that it includes the toe-curling heart-racing squeal-worthy scenes I've asked for ahahs. I'm loving every moment of it for sure! 💜

This was my first time participating so thank you all for the very fun and enjoyable Christmas exchange! ^w^
“20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

꒰ঌ★໒꒱
Jan 8, 4:31 PM
Dec 2021
Hey @DigiCat

thank you for the recommendations , i have so far only been able to watch a couple of episodes of Zom100:bucket list of the dead due to my work schedule ... i had my eye on it awhile ago when it started airing so thank for recommending it me. so far from the few episodes i have watched im already loving it.. you matched exactly what i was looking for.

I'm still yet to check out Baccano! but i will watch it once i am all caught up with Zom100

thanks again :)

and thanks to the elves for organising this event
Jan 8, 4:32 PM

Sep 2018
Fun event. Looking forward to next year.
🍓 いちごゴス少年 🍓
Jan 8, 4:36 PM
Apr 2020
Thank you to all of the elves for making this event a success!

To my Secret Santa @Maou_heika, thank you so much for your recommendations! I've only made it about half way through Kimi ga Shinu made Ato 100-nichi, but it's right up my alley. Tarou and Umi are both so wholesome, and I truly enjoy seeing their relationship grow as I read on. I appreciate that you included recommendations for some of the other genres that I mentioned as well. I am intrigued by your descriptions of Bloody Monday and Fukushuu Kyoushitsu and look forward to reading them soon!
Jan 8, 4:48 PM

Dec 2014
Thank you to the elves for your hard work and the success of the event.

@Calicocatelier, thanks for the gift. I loved your recommendation, Summertime Render is fun and intriguing. I'm around chapter 50 and I'm quite curious about the story. Your choice was perfect.
I hope you had a good Christmas and have a fantastic 2024.
Jan 8, 4:48 PM
Jan 2018
This was my first time participating in this event. I was a bit nervous about making a mistake and getting banned immediately, but it didn't happen, and everything went smoothly. Granted, the numerous forms were a bit cumbersome, but I understand why you set it up that way. I'll definitely be participating again next time.

Thank you very much @Mandorik for your recommendations! "Girls Last Tour" is a series I probably wouldn't have started without your recommendation.

"Machikado Mazoku" was indeed a perfect recommendation, thank you very much. I had thought about it before but kept putting off watching the anime again and again.
So, once again, thank you.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas @Mandorik, as well as the entire MAL-Santa team and all other participants, and I wish you a good 2024.
Jan 8, 4:49 PM

Oct 2017
Thank you again for coordinating this event!

@weebslayer224 thank you for the manga recommendation! I know you compared "Takopi's Original Sin" to Chainsaw Man, and I can see the resemblance, but personally I liked it more than Chainsaw Man! I would never had read that manga if you didn't recommend it to me. It was a quick, enjoyable, and easy read. Thank you again!!
Jan 8, 4:53 PM

May 2023
@Doaniel
Hello!
I am immensely happy that you liked my recommendation. It's a very dear anime to me, give the manga a chance when you finish the anime, you'll be even more surprised.
My new year was perfect, I hope yours was even better. <3
Jan 8, 4:54 PM
May 2017
Thanks to all the staff that worked hard to make this event happen! I had a great time with it as always!

Thank you, @beeped5. I really enjoyed Nami yo Kiitekure, which was a breath of fresh air from all the anime about high school aged kids. Also God Eater was a very interesting watch as I am always down to watch a ufotable production as I find their style to be very unique.

Also, thank you, @KinomotoUsagi. I had always planned to read xxxHOLiC and Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE as I always wanted to try some works by CLAMP, and I was very impressed with what I read. I am also thankful you told me how to read both at the same time because if I had not read it that way I probably would have been a lot more confused by the end.

See you all next Christmas!
Jan 8, 4:59 PM
Apr 2021
Hi there, @Kalipsa ! Thank you so much for the incredibly thoughtful recommendations! I've gotten the farthest with Beyond the Boundary and the Tatami Galaxy, and have gotten started on Sonny Boy! Beyond the Boundary has been captivating with it's interesting characters and wonderful animation. The Tatami Galaxy has been the perfect anime that really makes sense in my life right now - I connect deeply with Watashi and his relationship with Ozu in particular. I've been enjoying it a lot! While I've only gotten into the first episode of Sonny Boy, I am genuinely enjoying the premise. I love the supernatural abilities that all of the characters possess and am looking forward to what the rest of the story brings!
- thevioletgarden
Jan 8, 5:08 PM
Feb 2021
@zubby Thank you for the anime recommendations! I watched both and enjoyed them quite a bit.
Sarazanmai was... highly unorthodox, to completely understate, but fun and surprisingly deep nonetheless. Not one I would've thought to try of my own volition, so I'm grateful.
Appare-Ranman I vaguely remember seeing and dismissing it as silly at the time it aired, and - who would have thought it - past me was an utter fool, a nincompoop to the highest degree. I went in expecting a zany wild west mad max-y racing show and got a show with suprisingly good character writing and drama... and also zany wild west mad max-y racing.
Thanks again! Hope you had a joyous christmas!

@Awkward-Bean Many thanks to you too for the manga recommendations! I completed all three and found them all very nice.
I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to yaoi series, but after watching Bokura no Shokutaku I may have to be careful at my own dining table in future due to the diabetes I contracted from it's wholesome sweetness!
Mizuno to Chayama was a really interesting read - while I've certainly red GL manga with more dramatic serious themes before, this was very unique in its story and tone. Also, good lord the art - especially the background art, chef's kiss.
Finally Dekisokonai no Himegimi-tachi is a series I had seen before in passing but that didn't really interest me compared to other GL works - however I was pleasantly surprised - a lot of romance series throw in doomed-to-fail rivals for the love triangle drama - but I felt this manga did it justice with Izumi, and felt very natural. The only major disappointment I had was being left wanting more!
I hope you had a splendid Christmas!

And thank you to the Elves for organising this event!
Jan 8, 5:13 PM
Nov 2019
congratulations on the event
My Candies :
Jan 8, 5:13 PM

Sep 2022
Hi, Santa @goldenotaqu!
I loved your gift for this year's contest. I don't know if you've finished Surviving Romance, if not I hardly recommend it. It hooked me from the beginning. Great story! I thought it'd be like our average zombie apocalypse at first, not gonna lie. But the plot went to unexpected places and my jaw dropped in many moments. Great, great surprise. As I don’t know if you’ve finished your reading, I won’t comment on the yuri for now hahaha. I haven't read Pulse yet but I checked the first chapter. Definitely going to resume reading it one of these days.

A very thank you! Happy New Year 🥳🫶
Jan 8, 5:15 PM

Sep 2022
Thanks for this event and to all the elves!!

Hi @mmizumono!

Jan 8, 6:08 PM

Apr 2015
5hadow17 said:
Thanks @coffeedrops and the other elves

I had been planning to watch the rec's I got at some point, but this event gave me a reason to finally start them

This event was organised well overall

Glad you liked the event!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 6:16 PM

Mar 2021
Hi @Zane6002.

Hi @nibor2806,

Sup, @kwiateek,
Collecting waifus since 1960.

Jan 8, 6:39 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to Phanuel
Hi @mosaicboy
@Phanuel Hmm, loved reading your assessment of it and I'm really glad you liked it! Happy New Year!
Jan 8, 6:52 PM

Aug 2015
Thank you to all the staff and elves that helped with this event! This was my first year participating in the secret Santa and it was a lot of fun!

And to my Santa @Aeshia018

Jan 8, 6:52 PM

Feb 2022
@Sailor_Sakka what a surprise! My mecha/magical girl recipient last year was my santa for a mecha/magical girl request this year. :D

Your suggestions were all shows I had heard of a lot of praise from their respective genre communities but had never had much interest in looking into myself but your message outlining how they line up with the specifics of my interests outside of just their genre has now put them solidly on my plan to watch, thank you. :)
I come for the cool looking stuff, I stay for the characters.
Jan 8, 7:00 PM

Jan 2020
Thank you very much for the gift, @JanWiller06. I really liked it :)
Thank you so much to all the elves, it was such a nice event, I enjoyed a lot😆
Jan 8, 7:01 PM

Sep 2021
This was my first time participating in a event on MAL and will put more effort to get involved in more! Huge thanks to the staff and all of those who helped to coordinate everything!

Thank You, @dstefek for the recommendation, I'm almost half-way through and enjoying every minute of the show! This will for sure end up being a favorite of mine. You hit the nail on the head with this gift, I hope you had a Happy New Year!
Jan 8, 7:26 PM

Mar 2018
Thanks for the recommendations @SethDayo I've enjoyed them, always love to see another Shinobu fan
Sometimes you just want to hear anime girls squeak and squeal
Jan 8, 7:30 PM
Zoomer Watcher

Feb 2016
Reply to Lashkjx
Thank you @SoraShiroTenshi for the gift, I saw your message, and you don't have to worry about it. At least for me, it's just for fun and knowing that someone made an effort for it. That's the best thing on this kind of events.
I appriciate it @Lashkjx. It was a very fun event ^^.
Jan 8, 7:32 PM
Sep 2023
@KuroiShichi thank you so much for your recomendations. I do not read them Yet because of adulthood and lack of Time. Once i can read them o Will Let you know since i see there were perfect recomendations to me. I do not have more to say and i expect we can become friends
Jan 8, 8:20 PM

Mar 2017
Second year participating and already my favorite event, many thanks to all the elves and people who are behind this to organize it and make it possible

I had some great recommendations that I can't complain about, I really liked them and I already let my Santa know through her profile

Looking forward to participating next year! o( ̄▽ ̄)
Jan 8, 8:32 PM

Jul 2021
This event was fun again so thanks to all the hard working elves!

Anyways @Chakeol preciate the gift. Watched Wotakoi and really enjoyed it. It was a good wholesome slice of life romcom, which was basically everything i asked for so thanks. Love Hanako & Kabakura
I will def get to watching oregairu soon this year.

Hope you have a great rest of your year 😁
Jan 8, 8:38 PM
Aug 2020
@is_peque
thanks for konan 2006, i personally really liked especially the first few arcs. Hope you had a good new years
Jan 8, 8:48 PM
Aug 2016
Thanks to all the MAL staff for another year of secret santa and to all the elves as well!

The longer process to suggest a show for secret santa, while tedious, felt like a good way to increase the quality of gifts. The minimum word count didn't really feel like it accomplished much, to be honest, even though I think it was nice for filtering out extremely low effort/bad gifts. I definitely don't have any data to back any of what I said though, but again do appreciate the changes to keep the event fun for everyone.

Edit: Although not part of the event rules, disappointing to not receive any feedback from giftee yet
OcerinJan 14, 9:34 PM
My candies: x2
Jan 8, 8:54 PM

Jan 2022
Dear Secret Santa @tamochinnn, 🎅

A huge thank you for the lovely profile picture! I've set it as my Twitter profile pic, and it's spreading holiday cheer. Your thoughtful gift made this Christmas extra special for me. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season! ❤️

Again, Big thanks to all the elves and event organizers for hosting this event so we can get to know each other and start a journey of wonderful friendship. 😊
MisaMillyJan 8, 8:59 PM
Jan 8, 8:57 PM

Mar 2022
Reply to AnTiiX
Thank you to all the staff and elves that helped with this event! This was my first year participating in the secret Santa and it was a lot of fun!

And to my Santa @Aeshia018
@AnTiiX I’m so glad that you enjoyed it. It was worth to review your list and find something that perhaps you’d like. Happy New Year to you!
I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Know your limits and destroy them!
Jan 8, 9:16 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to BungooseMp3
Thanks to all the mods and elves for making this event happen, I really enjoyed it.

@CoopBro -

Thank you again and wishing everyone a happy new year!
@BungooseMp3 Glad you're enjoying it!

MALoween✟Mansion 2023
My candies:

Bonus:
Jan 8, 9:16 PM

Feb 2020
It was very fun to participate! It was my first time doing it, so it was a bit hard thinking of the recommendations, but still a good challenge. And I received really good gifts too, so I'm happy overall :) the form was really thorough, and I thought it was very well made. I organized a Secret Santa for a small fandom that I'm part of, and it was only 26 people but it was SO HARD, people don't read anything ISTG orz. So I do admire every one of you that organized this with almost 3000 people! It must been such hard work... Otsukaresamadesu~ I'll be contacting my respective Santas to thank them for their work too. I hope I'll be able to participate next year too! :D thank you for everything.
Jan 8, 9:23 PM

Aug 2018
@anime_monger @Megamia7 Thanks for the thoughtful xmas gifts. :-) Thank you, all you hard-working elves, too. It was fun participating again this year. :D

g-
Please don't feed the trolls.

Jan 8, 9:23 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to Kineta

Anime Rec Edition: Elf-tama (R to Z)

Manga Rec Edition: Elf-tan (A to Gi)
Thank you to all the Elves!!
TrayC-3POJan 8, 9:30 PM
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best Profile Design (April 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - May 3

4 by Nate »»
Yesterday, 9:48 AM

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Winners

Nate - May 1

9 by Bunnyama »»
May 4, 6:59 AM

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (May 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - May 3

0 by KarenShirotori »»
May 3, 7:57 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

23 by Nate »»
Apr 30, 12:42 PM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

23 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Apr 29, 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.