Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 19, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
While the weather wasn't good, I still really like the amount of energy in this episode and brightness that Pikari brings. She and her teacher also has some nice chemistry. They adapted the Hydrangea scene pretty well imo, very pretty.

Pretty fun seeing the club hanging out together. Teko is also trying to improve so I'm glad she's trying. Ai is also so fun to play with XD

Aug 19, 2016 8:24 AM

Apr 2010
Taking the train to see Hydrangea along the way was nice and very dedicated of Pikari she really likes good views.
Guess she knows the surroundings well.

Tea cat coffee, so is it coffee or tea?
the name is somewhat ironic.
Also that game was funny, and a good punishment.
Aug 19, 2016 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
Kohinata and the others were spending some time having some fun on their own spare times to do their stuffs.
Aug 19, 2016 9:23 AM

May 2012
Mato-sensei is best teacher

Aug 19, 2016 9:32 AM

Dec 2014
Fun episode, Was interesting to see it from Katori-chan sensei's perspective as well, She's awesome.

Rain sure does mood out a lot of people, Teko looked so spaced out. It's really nice to see how Pikari has fun no matter the scenario, Her playful personality is really a pleasure to watch. Was really funny how she was playing with her pencil box in the beginning. xD

The hydrangea scene though transient was really charming, Couldn't help but smile. Pikari sure does know how to make the most out of everything.
That 'fun' logic though, Simple but effective. :)

Poor Little brother senpai with the hairpins :3

The game in the second half was really fun to watch, Teko OP XD
I really liked what sensei said about tests, problems and answers. Experience is what really teaches you and games are truly an excellent way of gaining experience. :)
That cheat at the end though. :P
Aug 19, 2016 9:52 AM

Jun 2014
I want to marry Sensei.
:3
Aug 19, 2016 10:04 AM

Nov 2014
Pikari has an algorithm for happiness. That's quite wise of her.
Aug 19, 2016 10:52 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The game was fun to watch with all the participants :)
Aug 19, 2016 10:58 AM

Jan 2015
Espionage, failed? I guess. But that flower totally paid for it.
That's a perfect game to play in the middle of the heat. Nice thought, teacher. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 19, 2016 11:17 AM

Mar 2013
this was quite an interesting episode. no diving which was sad but still very enjoyable since this episode mainly focused on mato sensei speaking of which she is such a caring teacher, love it when she ends up with pikari it always turns out enjoyable. Teko is amazingly good at red light green light, although mato sensei is such a cheater. I have to say this was such a relaxing episode made me wish I could have enjoyed my summer instead of just doing nothing.
Aug 19, 2016 11:27 AM

May 2014
Now I wanna play too
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Aug 19, 2016 12:22 PM

Feb 2011
"whoop whoop" haha. Cannot stop laughing when hearing that in each episode xd
They were funny while trying to grasp a way to enjoy that heat as I know that feeling really well xd
Aug 19, 2016 1:11 PM

Dec 2014
Weird how its two segments instead of one full segment this time around, but not like I'm complaining.

The second half was pretty fun.
Aug 19, 2016 1:21 PM

Oct 2015
If only there was less of that annoying as hell "Whoop!" which actually sounds like "Whoopio!" I'd be having way more fun while watching this. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a downer but this is just ridiculous, any normal person at that age doing the same thing as she does would be rightfully considered retarded (no offence, I don't mean to offend anybody).
"Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!"
Aug 19, 2016 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Hahaha Makoto's hair pins! I remember the scene from the manga, they animated it nicely too.

At the rate the episodes are going, my guess is Teko won't pass the pool test until closer to the end of the season, then they'll actually get to the diving in the last episode.
Aug 19, 2016 2:06 PM

May 2015
The little game was really fun to watch! I absolutely love sensei <3.

Aug 19, 2016 3:45 PM

Jan 2012
Teko was an absolute badass during red light, green light! XD

Personally I enjoy rain. :)
Aug 19, 2016 4:30 PM

Oct 2013
Teko is a Red Light/Green Light master, but sensei just makes up rules as she goes along. Sensei must also have some tough feet, the way she stands barefoot on that blacktop.
Aug 19, 2016 4:38 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
redtailrav said:
Teko is a Red Light/Green Light master, but sensei just makes up rules as she goes along.

"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill."
-- (source obscure)

"ばかかり" (Bakakari)
-- Ai Ninomiya

:D

(Edit: actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if she is saying "ばかかり" or "ばっかり" (my hearing is not so good), but it's a good nickname either way)
CratexAug 19, 2016 5:16 PM
Aug 19, 2016 4:53 PM

Sep 2012
nastyolroshi said:
If only there was less of that annoying as hell "Whoop!" which actually sounds like "Whoopio!" I'd be having way more fun while watching this. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a downer but this is just ridiculous, any normal person at that age doing the same thing as she does would be rightfully considered retarded (no offence, I don't mean to offend anybody).

My sides got obliterated by this post.
Aug 19, 2016 5:35 PM

Apr 2012
hydrangea/10, summer heat/10, good episode

was also nice to have Pikari for lead singer in the ED

Aversa said:
Tea cat coffee, so is it coffee or tea?
the name is somewhat ironic.
About that I think it's an indirect reference to the cat (who's called Cha=tea), in a way it's a bit like calling the coffee "Amanchu coffee".

Cratex said:
(Edit: actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if she is saying "ばかかり" or "ばっかり" (my hearing is not so good), but it's a good nickname either way)
I only hear Bakari.
EratiKAug 19, 2016 5:40 PM
Aug 19, 2016 6:37 PM

Oct 2012
That cat keeps stealing the show
Aug 19, 2016 7:33 PM

Sep 2015
Sensei = best girl.
Aug 19, 2016 8:26 PM

Jun 2013
So with it raining, everyone is depressed because there's nothing to do. But Pikari is taking advantage of the specialities of this time of the year. And she takes the train to some far off land to see blooming flowers for, like, two seconds lol. That's some dedication she has.

And then after the wet season comes the terribly hot time lol. They couldn't do much with the rain and the humidity, and now they don't want to do anything or they risk getting third degree burns. And Mato-chan-sensei has them play outside in the sun because they were slacking. And they start getting excited and really into it after the first game. And Futaba is a master at that game lol.
Aug 19, 2016 9:19 PM

Dec 2014
I guess I'll never get enough of Pikari's face haha

I've never played anything similar to that game in the end. It seems fun.
Aug 19, 2016 10:49 PM

Jun 2013
Such an amazing episode! How is this show so perfect?
Aug 20, 2016 12:55 AM

May 2010
An episode about rain and mature themes = One of my favs
Aug 20, 2016 12:59 AM

Jul 2013
Wow I didn't expect to see so many life lessons in this anime. I was just immersed in this episode before I knew it. Yeah it was probably especially slow, slower than previous episodes in fact, but still it somehow managed to capture my attention more than before. The quality has definitely picked up ever since last episode. Truly, the Aria charm is starting to show more and more.
Aug 20, 2016 7:30 AM

Jun 2013
that game was nice
Aug 20, 2016 1:22 PM

May 2015
It was nice to have an episode from Sensei's point of view. The hydrangeas were pretty and that red light green light game was fun.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Aug 20, 2016 9:48 PM

Aug 2015
See, if only most of our parents understand the wisdom of Katori-sensei that through games (definitely not video games *whistles*) we can definitely understand the questions regarding life. Sensei why're you so mature and childish at the same time :D Bakakari on the other hand continues to be optimistic since it would be a waste if the negativity in her negates the positivity of Teko's hardwork in passing the diving test.

Anyway the visuals just continues to be stunning, especially that one Katori-sensei reflection scene onthe 1st half, the hydrangeas, the character close-ups like deym especially that Teko close-up in the 2nd half, JC staff really poured so much into this series and I definitely love every single of it. Added the life lessons poured into this episode and the relaxing vibe, for me this is a Hydrangea/5 episode.

Also the ED swapping definitely reminds me of Aria switching the OPs and EDs, kinda weird though but still great I guess :D
MizunashiAug 20, 2016 10:47 PM
Aug 20, 2016 11:03 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, loved the Red Light Green Light game.
Aug 21, 2016 7:30 AM

Nov 2010
Man, i loved the game scene in the manga. this was amazing. can't be more happy.

Master_Yoma said:
That cat keeps stealing the show

Haha, you're right.
Aug 22, 2016 12:27 AM
Mar 2012
Nice hydrangeas... Sankarea sequel when!? Got too distracted by this question.
Teko learning frog style & floating. Game was quite fun with Sensei's wisdom narration.
Aug 22, 2016 8:00 AM

Dec 2015
ok real talk. I came to this show to see some diving, and I'm not talking floating around in a pool, I'm talking actual diving out there in the ocean.
I was expecting some beautiful sub aquatic scenes, colourful coral reefs, exotic fish, that kinda stuff.
But it's seven episodes in and I'm still waiting to see some fucking diving.
I don't know...maybe my expectations for this show are wrong.
Aug 22, 2016 11:33 AM
Jan 2016
I was too busy listening to that Animal Crossing-like background music to pay attention to what was actually happening in the first five minutes.

This episode seemed really filler-ish though. The part with the brother and the hairpins was hilarious though.
'It rained not cats and dogs, but sisters'

Lol
Aug 23, 2016 9:07 AM

Oct 2008
Daruma-san is such a fun outdoor game to play!
Those hydrangea are so beautiful!
4/5.

Aug 23, 2016 7:33 PM

Jul 2015
I personally quite like the rain, it's so calming and peaceful. Whoop for the flowers in bloom, and the dang long train ride it took to get to them. Teko is a seriously slow swimmer though, like, the slowest swimmer I have ever seen. Weird how when there is a weird person in a group, the weirdness can kind of rub off onto others as they try out some of the things the weird one does in an attempt to understand.

And now, not only do I learn how to dive thanks to this anime, I laos now know how to play red light green light correctly. I also now realize I've been playing it wrong since birth. And Teko appears to be an expert.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 24, 2016 8:27 AM

May 2011
Bobby2Hands said:
ok real talk. I came to this show to see some diving, and I'm not talking floating around in a pool, I'm talking actual diving out there in the ocean.
I was expecting some beautiful sub aquatic scenes, colourful coral reefs, exotic fish, that kinda stuff.
But it's seven episodes in and I'm still waiting to see some fucking diving.
I don't know...maybe my expectations for this show are wrong.

knowing this author, i think it'll take a while till they do real dive.

and amateur who cant swim shouldn't dive in sea without pro unless you dont wanna see sun anymore.
Aug 28, 2016 8:49 PM

Aug 2014
Fresher than a motherfucker :

Best punishment ever. I didn't expect Teko to kick some much ass in this game lol.
Aug 30, 2016 12:11 PM

Apr 2015
Relaxing episode again. Loved it.

Pikari with her "Wyopo" never gets old XD.

Sensei playing with them was really enjoyable to see. Btw she is fineee.

Great episode.
Aug 30, 2016 9:57 PM

Nov 2007
I adored this episode so much.
The 1st half had me so mellowed out, it was so nice.
Also at 4:37 a song starts up, and I instantly fell in love with it, so nice.
2nd half was the opposite and a lot of fun.
Sep 1, 2016 9:42 AM

May 2014
That game looked fun
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Sep 1, 2016 5:44 PM

Jul 2009
The flowers was really beautiful.
Sep 6, 2016 10:46 AM

Feb 2015
DAT first half tho. when the train which Peko and the teacher were riding, the slow mo scene, that was beautifull AF! imo. and to see that kind of face from the teacher, it was something now, moreover, other than the flower, her face at that scene was beautifull too. i like that a lot.

for the second half, it was pretty meaningfull even tho it's pretty basic.
"Enjoy your youth" pretty much sums up the second half. regardless, it was a really enjoyable second half.

looking foward to the next episode xD
Sep 14, 2016 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
Even this time missing the implications, in the narrative, a psychological nature. Pleasant and thoughtful the episode, which flew in an instant. Professor, in the last few episodes, has been a key element of the plot. Excellent soundtrack. Pleasant once again the great work done on the character design of Teko, and Pikari, should also do it on the rest of the cast. :D
Sep 18, 2016 5:40 AM

Apr 2015
I like rain episodes.

Sensei's talk was a bit trite, other than that good episode
Sep 24, 2016 5:19 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode! I really loved to see the story from Katori-san's POV, it was excellent and so funny too.

The rain part was nostalgic too but then again whole series is. And the ending game was just hillarious and way too funny, I remembered my childhood :D
Sep 25, 2016 6:10 PM

Dec 2014
"Exams are all about giving one fixed answer to the questions you're provided, right? Questions in life aren't usually provided by someone else. You find or realize that those questions or problems exist yourself and the answers to them aren't fixed either. Everyone has their own, unique answers."

-Katori, Mato

Oct 2, 2016 4:49 PM

May 2012
Lovely episode, really suiting and fun atmosphere! And nice cover for that ED!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2016

69 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

186 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

113 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

59 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:17 PM

» ErwinJA's SCUBA FAQ

ErwinJA - Jul 29, 2016

8 by Gyarutsundere »»
Aug 29, 2023 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.