My name is Rafaël De Jongh and I am a Belgian Web Developer & 3D artist.
My passion in life is to develop and design websites, to always search for a new challenge and keep the focus user centered.
I started developing websites from a young age, each time facing a new challenge to achieve something new and exciting.
Experimenting with lots of different code & programming languages made me learn a lot in all these years to what I know today.
Besides that I love my hobby which is Game Development where I am specialized in creating 2D Textures for 3D models.
My main goal in life is to become a Full Stack Web Developer and keep Game Development as my hobby.
At the present time I am studying in college to get my professional bachelor degree in Cross Media Development,
besides that I mostly spend my time on a known game modding community called Gamebanana.
Currently I am searching for a job in the Web Developing sector, but would love a position in the Game Developing sector as well.
Besides Game Modification I also love to watch Anime! I'm fairly new to anime as I've only started watching in 2012, although until now I've seen a range of different anime that I know what I love and how I rate my anime!
That aside, I made my own set of rules when watching anime:
- To not drop any anime at all, even if it is completely horrible!
- Try to watch every special, ova or other related entree from the main series to properly finish the whole franchise!
- Try to comment on every episode and provide my thought with each episode, to then give a review if the series is really worth it!
- To give proper recommendations to anime that are actually alike, and not vaguely similar.
With that I also have a personal and quite specific rating system that measures the anime on the following points:
1. Story Development - How well does the story develop from the beginning to the end?
2. Character Development - How well do the characters develop within the story?
3. Episodic Pacing - Is the episode pacing decent? Does it keep the viewers attention?
4. Story Pacing - Does the pacing of the story/plot follow up with the development of the characters?
5. Art - Is the Art decent compared with other series created from the same year?
6. Animation - Is the animation properly executed and does it combine properly with the art/cgi?
7. Audio - How well is the voice cast, the audio effects and the soundtrack (OST)?
7.1 English Dubs - Does the English voice cast capture the atmosphere of the anime correctly like the Japanese cast does or is it even better than the Japanese cast (Questionable)?
8. Personal Experience - How did I experience it? Was the theme and story properly expressed to the viewer (me)? (Biased rating criteria)
Each anime serie that I start gets an average rating of 5/10, where I then evaluate per episode if it actually gets better or not, following the above 8 guidelines.
A score below 5/10 means it is pretty much drop worthy for me, but as it conflicts with one of my own set rules "To not drop anything" I therefore tend to speed up the anime or cross watch the anime with another series to prevent me from actually losing too much interest that I put it on a Permanent Hold (in a limbo state).