Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2022 5:38 PM
a lil bean โœจ

Feb 2011

๐Ÿ˜‡ Team Nice Gifts ๐Ÿ˜‡

SheyCroixMar 7, 2023 2:05 PM

แƒฆ HiScore แƒฆ LoScore แƒฆ Auction

แƒฆ Turn-Ins แƒฆ AWCc

แ“šแ˜แ—ข

Dec 29, 2022 5:39 PM
a lil bean โœจ

Feb 2011

GIFTS REVEAL!!!
(check the post above)

๐Ÿ˜‡ Team Nice Gifts ๐Ÿ˜‡

What now?

— Make a new post with the second sign up form provided here. Include your received gifts.

— Did you dream of Sherlock? (check first post)
ใ€€If yes, you are free to update that part on your post whenever you wish to. You may do so now, or you may wait until you turn in.
ใ€€What about others, you ask? Well, it's not like they will know if you are right... tho, if you do guess them they will prob panic and target you. Be careful.

— Going the Extra Mile? (check first post)
ใ€€If yes, add that information on your second sign up post. In the provided area.

— Upon completion, you can earn an extra 0.25 points by sharing your thoughts on every anime watched for the main part (gifts received).

Regarding your gifts.

The Great Bean Gifts
ใ€€Due to a santa that didn't give you a gift, you will be allowed to pick one anime from a different workshop (but from your same team).
ใ€€Be sure to state which one you used and from where.

— If by some chance you started one of them, so long you are at less than half, you can use it.
If you watched more than half or you completed one of them these days, you get a stab... but after that, request a new randomized one.

— If by a mistake on my part you were assigned something completed by you or longer than the stated cours... my bad.
You will get a gift.

The Great Bean Loves you.

Since some of the gifts may have something that you reeeeeally might want to avoid, you will be allowed a SWAP.

This means that, from your main gifts, you can change ONE for another in a different workshop (but from your same team).
Be sure to state which one you used and from where.

This excludes those that received The Great Bean Gifts. (you can't use the swap)

TEAM MEMBERS

W1 : @CsillaLoli, @KomorebiKen, @UltimateDeath, @Ranacchi
W2 : @Campiz06, @ScarletCelestial, @Kanijo, @mayaxiii
W3 : @OweynLupton, @boredrandomguy, @JTtheLlama, @Luffy_15, @Bunille
W4 : @Jeon_Asuna, @Legends_of_anime, @goncix3000, @Myelin_sr, @ohpishhposh
W5 : @IrrelevantGuy, @Rinarin, @_Bri, @Cute_Monster
W6 : @Iradina, @FeezyWheezy, @xLunaDragon, @coziitsu, @dugiduy
W7 : @AatihoNora, @SetsukoSu, @Sakku-san, @Jaikeis, @foxxykat1223
W8 : @trojangirl12, @bigdud24, @Gwathgor, @Otaku_baka_dsk, @Ashiq_Kadar
W9 : @mhkr, @Szrebi, @puppyluver, @Jokobo, @KatjieKat

THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING!!!

The watching period will be from January 01, 2023 to February 28, 2023.
Don't forget to turn in and STILL KEEP IT A SECRET!
(Santa Reveal sometime on February)
SheyCroixFeb 15, 2023 4:22 PM

แƒฆ Turn-Ins แƒฆ AWCc

แ“šแ˜แ—ข

Dec 29, 2022 5:40 PM
a lil bean โœจ

Feb 2011

๐Ÿ˜ˆ Team Naughty Gifts ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

SheyCroixMar 7, 2023 3:53 PM

แƒฆ Turn-Ins แƒฆ AWCc

แ“šแ˜แ—ข

Dec 29, 2022 5:42 PM
a lil bean โœจ

Feb 2011

GIFTS REVEAL!!!
(check the post above)

๐Ÿ˜ˆ Team Naughty Gifts ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

What now?

— Make a new post with the second sign up form provided here. Include your received gifts.

— Did you dream of Sherlock? (check first post)
ใ€€If yes, you are free to update that part on your post whenever you wish to. You may do so now, or you may wait until you turn in.
ใ€€What about others, you ask? Well, it's not like they will know if you are right... tho, if you do guess them they will prob panic and target you. Be careful.

— Going the Extra Mile? (check first post)
ใ€€If yes, add that information on your second sign up post. In the provided area.

— Upon completion, you can earn an extra 0.25 points by sharing your thoughts on every anime watched for the main part (gifts received).

Regarding your gifts.

The Great Bean Gifts
ใ€€Due to a santa that didn't give you a gift, you will be allowed to pick one anime from a different workshop (but from your same team).
ใ€€Be sure to state which one you used and from where.

— If by some chance you started one of them, so long you are at less than half, you can use it.
If you watched more than half or you completed one of them these days, you get a stab... but after that, request a new randomized one.

— If by a mistake on my part you were assigned something completed by you or longer than the stated cours... my bad.
You will get a gift.

The Great Bean Loves you.

Since some of the gifts may have something that you reeeeeally might want to avoid, you will be allowed a SWAP.

This means that, from your main gifts, you can change ONE for another in a different workshop (but from your same team).
Be sure to state which one you used and from where.

This excludes those that received The Great Bean Gifts. (you can't use the swap)

TEAM MEMBERS

W10 : @Bahamut_Zero, @Yvsmeg, @MegaManBK7
W11 : @Punkero, @Nymeew, @HimeCrycho, @Jhiday
W12 : SheyCroix, @Yterbium, @Yukio8, @hoshi4
W13 : @Canaan, @Mr_Duke_, @RachelPanda, @xCrazee, @Awkward-Bean
W14 : @Kiyuka, @Papa_Dragon, @Rno081, @YayakoChii, @Eleanora1315
W15 : @Bern_stein, @Kristiwazhere, @ShockZz, @Aur0ra, @JackRippon
W16 : @RenxKentaro, @acestrawbs, @Ebobebo, @Ekhan175
W17 : @imlaabem, @dierubikdie, @lostnyanko, @DigiCat, @sacrxficed
W18 : @Kansugi, @Ariies_, @Technotron, @Yuki-Chan276

THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING!!!

The watching period will be from January 01, 2023 to February 28, 2023.
Don't forget to turn in and STILL KEEP IT A SECRET!
(Santa Reveal sometime on February)
SheyCroixFeb 15, 2023 4:22 PM

แƒฆ Turn-Ins แƒฆ AWCc

แ“šแ˜แ—ข

Dec 29, 2022 5:42 PM
a lil bean โœจ

Feb 2011
โ„๏ธใ€€Lazy Santa: '22 Royale Editionใ€€โ„๏ธ ๐Ÿ“Œ
completed ๐Ÿ’ watching ๐Ÿ’ planning
Cmpl CuSa tagCAL.s
Starting Date: January 01
Ending Date: February 28

โ„๏ธ Username: SheyCroix

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post

๐ŸŒจ Which generation of the Standard Gift did you request?
ใ€€โ›„ The Snowman GEN

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Team: Team Naughty
๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #12
๐ŸŽฟ Did you attempt Royale Part? (Sherlock) Can't really do this, can I?

๐ŸŽ„ INSPECTED — ACCEPTED ๐ŸŽ„
(by lostnyanko)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 5:30 PM

แƒฆ Turn-Ins แƒฆ AWCc

แ“šแ˜แ—ข

Dec 29, 2022 5:57 PM

Jan 2012

โ„๏ธใ€€Lazy Santa: '22 Royale Editionใ€€โ„๏ธ

โ„๏ธ Username: Jokobo

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Jokobo
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Jokobo
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: Link

๐ŸŒจ Which generation of the Standard Gift did you request? (pick one, delete the others)
ใ€€๐ŸŽ„ The Xmas Tree GEN

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Team: Team Nice
๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop 9
๐ŸŽฟ Did you attempt Royale Part? (Sherlock) Yes

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Beastars
    ใ€€Mini Review: I really like characters representation here, especially the way how some of them can be considered anomalies in the animal world but at the same time, author still managed to emphasize their natural traits (which are shown through character personalities, for which Haru would be a prime example). Looking at the behaviours of both carnivores and herbivores, how they try to live together but are still quite cautious and distrustful toward each other was really the best part of this show. As much as I have like these bits along with romance ones (both parts were deeply connected), well, except few cliche character reactions, I'm kinda disappointed with main storyline - especially how the idea about Beastars and putting focus on that gets pushed onto the background or even omitted for the most part of the show. I'm not accustomed with the manga, but I felt like there is a lot of small details ignored, or they were interpreted quite differently in anime, and a friend who has read the manga confirmed me that its indeed the case, which is another negative aspect (like, if it's noticeable enough that a person unfamiliar with it feels that way, then that's already a problem). I'll definitely watch s2 tho, as I gave 7 for the first one. It had a chance of getting a higher rate, sadly a lot of these drawbacks lowered my score.

2. Zetman
    ใ€€Mini Review: An interesting, but rough and a bit unpolished piece about evil and good. Most of the show resolves around this theme and handles it quite good with all characters morals and dillemmas, although it hurts that a lot of characters are not being developed at all, mostly being on the 'rescue me' side. The story focuses on two main characters most of the time, leaving the other two female protagonists more like a role of secondary characters rather than main ones. The other issue is pacing, which is all over the place, the story itself is not consistent a lot of time and it hurts even more hearing that it went its own original direction instead of following the manga. I'm interested in reading the source, but I can't rate this adaptation highly due to all the production mistakes.

3. Natsunagu!
    ใ€€Mini Review: A pleasant surprise, interesting how the show was actually made as a prefecture advertisement, but it feels so natural that I wouldn't say that was the goal. Its not a drawback, cause I got interested in the whole landscape and place anyway. It managed to deliver simple but well-done story, though I wish it was a bit longer (like 10 mins per episode would be enough) to make main character more relatable by spending more time with her and get to know about her a bit more. It doesn't mean that main character is bad, but a bit underdeveloped, given her little time to showcase herself. Anyway, I enjoyed it, so I'd still call it good.

4. Yumedamaya Kidan
    ใ€€Mini Review: As much as I like idea itself (even if it was kinda cliche), the show lacked a bit of character exposition. Well, the most obvious cause would be a duration of this one ep special, I think 40 mins instead of 24 would give enough of additional time for showing a little more of Naho's struggles with her brother and her feelings and memories of her mother. Its another example of show that had a good premise but lacked the proper execution, but even tho it managed to focus my attention for the entire time so thats a win already.

๐ŸŽฟ EXTRA MILE (state the item number and from which workshop the series were taken)

Workshop Used: #11 [Jhiday]
    Item Number on the list: #43

5. [Watch a series that started airing in October] : Avenger

Workshop Used: #13 [Canaan]
    Item Number on the list: #68

6. [Watch a an ONA-type with a total duration of 60 minutes or more] : B: The Beginning

Workshop Used: #18 [Yuki-Chan276]
    Item Number on the list: #17

7. [Watch an anime adapted from a Game or Visual Novel] : ef: A Tale of Memories.

Workshop Used: #16 [RenxKentaro]
    Item Number on the list: #10

8. [Watch a Comedy or Slice of Life anime] : Hipira-kun

(by Jeon_Asuna)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:07 PM
Dec 29, 2022 6:04 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
โ€‹

โ„๏ธ Username: dierubikdie

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: ๐Ÿ”—
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: ๐Ÿ”—
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: ๐Ÿ”—

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop 17
    ๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

• Deaimon [Jan 3]
    • Mini Review: A very nice Slice of Life with good, light comedy and just the right amount of low-stakes drama. I was also surprised by the incredibly detailed animation of the characters' hands whenever they're making wagashi.
  • Itsudatte Bokura no Koi wa 10 cm Datta. [Jan 22]
    • Mini Review: Cute, if a bit generic. I didn't particularly care for how every episode ended with a melodramatic cliffhanger, or for the time-skip. Overall it was a sweet story, though; no regrets.
  • Colorful (Movie) [Jan 22]
    • Mini Review: One of those rare anime that's a little too real, but in a good way. I felt uncomfortable watching it at times, but for the right reasons. And I liked the ending as well.
  • Spy x Family [Feb 6]
    • Mini Review: Everyone's so cute and every episode was fun to watch from start to finish. I can't even name anything more specific; it was just all so good.

๐ŸŽฟ Extra Mile

• Violet Evergarden: Recollections [Workshop 5]
    • [Item #81: Watch a Special type]
  • Xin Shen Bang: Nezha Chongsheng [Workshop 1]
    • [Item #35: Watch a Chinese Anime]
  • 11-nin Iru! [Workshop 4]
    • [Item #79: Watch an 80's Movie]
  • Jigoku Youchien [Workshop 8]
    • [Item #50: Watch an anime where the source is not Manga or Light Novel]

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 3:44 PM

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Dec 29, 2022 6:05 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017

โ„๏ธ Username: Ranacchi

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ranacchi
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Ranacchi
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917#msg68049315

๐Ÿฐ The Dining Table GEN

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop 01

๐ŸŽฟ Did you attempt Royale Part? (Sherlock) No

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Long Riders! Aoi Hana (Swap!! From Workshop 06 - Dugiduy)
    ใ€€Mini Review:

Good: Art, SoL/Iyashikei vibes, unusual romantic development.
    Bad: The RomDrama in the first half, very slow at first, some uninteresting characters.
    Improvements I'd like to see in a sequel: I'd like to see some of the earlier mentioned characters developed a bit more and see where the GL gets taken to. Same art.

Score: 7/10

2. Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season
    ใ€€Mini Review:

Good: Characters I like got development, some fun fights
    Bad: A lot of filler, mostly focused on what the Villain League was up to, loads of "homages" to other series instead of using original ideas, they should've waited with the Villain League backstory until it was necessary for the plot
    Improvements I'd like to see in a sequel: As of now I have no plans to continue this franchise but I hope they return to formula with a whole bunch of new, fresh ideas to explore and get epic fights going

Score: 6/10

3. Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199
    ใ€€Mini Review:

Good: The animation holds up, the themes are pretty good, nice ending.
    Bad: Uninteresting other crews, could do without a lot of stuff that happened in the middle part
    Improvements I'd like to see in a sequel: I don't think this needs a sequel. Maybe an OVA to see how everyone's doing now and in the future but not a full sequel. I would've liked to see more how they cure the planet maybe.

Score: 6/10

4. Pingu in the City
    ใ€€Mini Review:

Good: Variety, animation, transformations.
    Bad: Sibling, soccer, early repetition.
    Improvements I'd like to see in a sequel: more variety, less sports, the sibling being less spoiled, same animation, more outfits.

Score: 6/10.

๐ŸŽฟ EXTRA MILE (state the item number and from which workshop the series were taken)

Workshop Used: # 11 (Nymeew)
    Item Number on the list: #9

5. [Watch a Fantasy or Mystery anime] : Arcana Famiglia

Workshop Used: # 12 (Yukio8)
    Item Number on the list: #76

6. [Watch a Supernatural anime] : Wakaokami wa Shougakusei! Movie

Workshop Used: # 14 (Rno081)
    Item Number on the list: #5

7. [Watch a Super Power anime] : Witchblade

Workshop Used: # 17 (DigiCat)
    Item Number on the list: #19

8. [Watch an Unpopular anime] : Chiisana Eiyuu: Kani to Tamago to Toumei Ningen

(by lostnyanko)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 5:18 PM
Dec 29, 2022 6:06 PM

Oct 2013

โ„๏ธ Username: trojangirl12

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: List
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: HoF
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: Sign Up

๐ŸŒจ Which generation of the Standard Gift did you request? (pick one, delete the others)
ใ€€๐Ÿฐ The Dining Table GEN

๐Ÿ˜ [b] Assigned Team: Team Nice
๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #8

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Log Horizon | โœ”
    ใ€€Mini Review: I was a little hesitant, since I have seen several anime with the "getting trapped in a game" trope that have left a bad taste in my mouth. However, I liked this one a lot more than I thought. They truly did a good job world building and encouraging you to want to know more about this new area. I also like how the characters had more dimensions than some other anime I have watched like this. It felt more D&D fantasy than online RPG, which was nice. Score: 8/10

2. Kuroko no Basket | โœ”
    ใ€€Mini Review: So, all in all I love sports anime. I have dubbed this anime "magical basketball". I love the presh babies and I will be rooting for them to win no matter what. Overall 8/10

3. Noragami Aragoto | โœ”
    ใ€€Mini Review: Why did I watch this? I know why I put it on my list. I liked season 1, and now I love season 2. I need season 3 soon to wrap everything up. The shock value at the end was wonderful, and I love the growth with all of the characters. Overall: 8/10

4. Fuse: Teppou Musume no Torimonochou | โœ”
    ใ€€Mini Review: The first half of the movie is fun and I love it. The fuse are taken and the area is set up. The second half seems rushed and like they were trying to do too much, especially with the extra at the point in the tower. I would like to have expanded more about Shino, but the huntress did not seem to grow at all. Overall- 6/10

Workshop Used: #18
    Item Number on the list: #50

5. [ Watch an anime where the source is not Manga or Light Novel] : ef: A Tale of Memories. | โœ”

Workshop Used: #14
    Item Number on the list: #47

6. [ Watch a Mythology themed anime] : Shuumatsu no Walküre | โœ”

Workshop Used: #11
    Item Number on the list: #75

7. [Watch an anime that starts with the last letter of your username] : Lupin III: Episode 0 "First Contact" | โœ”

Workshop Used: # 13
    Item Number on the list: #73

8. [Watch a sequel to a series you have previously watched] : Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season | Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen | โœ”

(by Jeon_Asuna)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:10 PM
Dec 29, 2022 6:06 PM

Feb 2010

โ„๏ธ Username: CsillaLoli

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/CsillaLoli
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/CsillaLoli
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: First Post

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #1

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Tong Ling Fei
    ใ€€Mini Review: I'm pretty weak to the enemies to lovers trope and this show did not disappoint- the art style was quite expressive and helped keep me intriqued from start to finish. The biggest turn-off was the OP, just didn't seem to fit the show's atmosphere. Thank you, my lazy Santa for bringing me this~

2. Wakako-zake
    ใ€€Mini Review: Such a cute short- I binged the whole thing in one night!! Thank you, my lazy Santa for giving me no reason to avoid watching this~

3. 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru
    ใ€€Mini Review: I went in not expecting much out of this anime but both my hubby and I throughly enjoyed it- It had an interesting spin to what I'm used to having in an isekai and now season 2 is in ptw!! Thank you, lazy Santa for a great gift~

4. Lupin III
    ใ€€Mini Review: I was very surprised that the English dub for this anime was pretty decent and a little grateful something made me finally start it- although it did further cement my distain for Fujiko Mine but I look forward to checking out the next season of Lupin III. Thanks for the great gift~

Workshop targeted: Workshop #1

Workshop Used: 14
    Item Number on the list: 10

5. [ Watch a Comedy or Slice of Life anime: ] Uramichi Oniisan

Workshop Used: 17
    Item Number on the list: 21

6. [ Watch a Seinen anime: ] Non Non Biyori

Workshop Used: 17
    Item Number on the list: 73

7. [ Watch a Comedy or Slice of Life anime: ] Deaimon

Workshop Used: 12
    Item Number on the list: 74

8. [ Watch any anime recommended to one of your completed Favorite Anime: ] Pet | Favorite Anime: Sarazanamai

(by Jeon_Asuna)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:34 PM

Dec 29, 2022 6:07 PM

Oct 2016

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 3:34 PM
Dec 29, 2022 6:10 PM

Dec 2020

โ„๏ธ Username: FeezyWheezy

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/FeezyWheezy
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/FeezyWheezy
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=50#msg68135996

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #6

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Mahou Shoujo Madokaโ˜…Magica
    ใ€€Mini Review:
    I liked this way more than I thought I would. I understand now why this is considered such a great anime now. Superficially, if you just look at a screenshot and read the plot summary on MAL it just seems kind of "eh" in comparison to others of similar ideas. But! The art style really hooks you once you get to the point of witches and curses, enough that I found my eyes glued to the screen. Beyond that, though I was not prepared for how serious the topics between the girls got. I loved the psychological aspect, and I'm also a huge sucker for anything time travel or time-line altering related. The last four or so episodes were especially good, but the ending did leave me with only a partially satisfied taste in my mouth. There are quite a bit of extra materials to watch, so I'm hoping it'll clear a few things up and be just as good as this season was!

2. Petshop of Horrors
    ใ€€Mini Review:
    The late 90s/Early 2000s horror anime really was in a league of its own. For it only having been broadcast for four episodes, Petshop of Horrors is memorable without being grotesque. I've always quite liked episodic things, as it leads to being able to explore more than one storyline or multiple stacked on top of each other haphazardly. I will say that as the episodes progressed, my personal interest in them lessened. The first episode, with the daughter and rabbits, started off so strong I was itching to continue. The second episode was a... bit different than the first. And the third was kind of a mash of everything that had already been played out during the first two. The last episode I really have no idea what was going on, as suddenly jumping to an episode focused on the possible future president of the United States was a bit too odd, in my opinion. Regardless, the heavy symbolism and gory imagery are really everything I love in an anime. It reminded me a bit of Ayakashi: Japanese Classic Horror, and I would have loved if the production continued into something that explored Count D as a main character.

3. Violet Evergarden: Recollections [Workshop #5: Rinarin]
    ใ€€Mini Review:
    I'm not the biggest fan of Violet Evergarden or recap movies, and this has both of those. I will say that Violet Evergarden does have stunning animation and the movie was a nice refresher after not watching the anime for so long. It's pretty well done in terms of getting all the important bits of the first cour in there, but it's a little choppy in places. Plus, I'm pretty sure it cut out my favorite episode in favor of the theatre episode with the drunken screenwriter, so that was kinda a buzzkill in my opinion.
    Kakegurui
    ใ€€Swap Reason: Everything I know about Kakegurui just really seems like something I wouldn't enjoy. Could be wrong, but don't really want to chance it at the moment.

4. Aoharu x Kikanjuu
    ใ€€Mini Review:
    I think this anime is unique in the sense that I would have never thought to watch an airsoft anime or was even aware one existed. I'm not the most familiar with the concept of airsoft, I can only go off my Nerf knowledge as a child and general paintball understanding, but Aoharu x Kikanjuu was actually pretty informative about the sport. The competitions were the highlight of the anime, as they were animated well, were engaging, and, honestly, the outcomes weren't that predictable. I did not, however, score that high. I think a 6 is acceptable because I really couldn't get past a lot of the character dynamics. Namely Tachibana, but Yukimura did have his moments that had me rolling my eyes. I was a bit skeptical when I saw the "crossdressing" tag, only because I find the tag to sometimes be as unrealistic as it is pointless. I have no problems with someone appearing/presenting/wearing clothing of the opposite sex, encourage it, even, but it becomes a bit eye-twitching when a character's entire personality is "I'm a girl but I can't tell my friends because they think I'm a guy and that would ruin everything." I understand for plot purposes that Tachibana thinks this way, but it's just one of my personal dislikes. All-in-all, I would say it was pretty enjoyable for such a wild concept.

Workshop Used: #10 (Bahamut_Zero)

5. [Watch a series that started airing in October] : One Outs โœ”โœ”โœ”

Workshop Used: #13 (Canaan)
    Item Number on the list: #30

6. [Watch an anime tagged Conspiracy, Mafia or Politics] : ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka โœ”โœ”โœ”

Workshop Used: #14 (Rno081)

7. [Watch a Mythology themed anime] : Mo Dao Zu Shi Q โœ”โœ”โœ”

Workshop Used: #17 (sacrxficed)
    Item Number on the list: #5

8. [Watch a Super Power anime] : Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha โœ”โœ”โœ”

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 3:49 PM
Dec 29, 2022 6:22 PM

Feb 2014

โ„๏ธ Username: Punkero

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Punkero
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Punkero
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=0#msg68049473

ใ€€โ›„ The Snowman GEN

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop 11

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Kakutou Bijin Wulong
    ใ€€Mini Review: Women's Pro Wrestling anime where wrestling is real, so similar to "Wanna Be the Strongest in the World", was in my PTW due to the ecchi tag, but is not really all that outside of the MC's wrestling attire and a few episodes with several sexy shots, the anime itself was pretty average, and since the second season isn't available in a particularly good video quality or subs, my watch ends here.

2. Shin Koihime†Musou
    ใ€€Mini Review: The girls continuing the journey to complete whatever mission they were out to complete, I don't even remember what it was, is not really important, its a season focused more on the comedy aspects than action or story. Bachou was once again the best part and that idol group and their episodes were the worst part.

3. Shion no Ou
    ใ€€Mini Review: So it turns out there was a third Shogi anime, and it came out years before the other two, and its also a murder mystery ala Detective Conan, which is much of my vibe. Shion is adorable and must be protected at all costs.

4. Fate/kaleid liner Prismaโ˜†Illya Movie: Sekka no Chikai
    ใ€€Mini Review: Fate/kaleid movie mostly in name, the movie is more about Shirou going action hero than anything else, so if you are into that you will love this. But even if you don't, at the 1:10 minutes it gives us a crazy twist that makes the movie worth it either way.

Workshop Used: 06
    Item Number on the list: 10

5. [Watch a Comedy or Slice of Life anime] : Tokyo Godfathers

Workshop Used: 05
    Item Number on the list: 44

6. [Watch a series with the Time Travel theme] : Summertime Render

Item Number on the list: 81

7. [Watch a Special type] : Violet Evergarden: Recollections

Workshop Used: 09
    Item Number on the list: 95

8. [Watch an anime with 5 or more MAL tags] : Detective Conan Movie 21: The Crimson Love Letter

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 5:04 PM
Dec 29, 2022 6:24 PM
bow chicka wow

Jan 2021

โ„๏ธ Username: coziitsu

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/coziitsu | LS'22 tag
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/coziitsu
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917#msg68050124

ใ€€โ›„ The Snowman GEN

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #6

๐ŸŽฟ SECRET SANTA GIFT

1. Shadows House 2nd Season
    ใ€€Mini Review:

2. Mars Red
    ใ€€Mini Review:

3. Arakawa Under the Bridge
    ใ€€Mini Review:

4. Amaama to Inazuma | The Great Bean Gift (Workshop #1: KomorebiKen)
    ใ€€Mini Review:

๐ŸŽฟ EXTRA MILE
coziitsuFeb 24, 2023 10:41 AM
Dec 29, 2022 6:25 PM

Sep 2018

โ„๏ธ Username: Kristiwazhere

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kristiwazhere
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Kristiwazhere
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: #23

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #15

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Gokukoku no Brynhildr ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
    Workshop Used: #13
    User: Canaan

ใ€€Swap Reason: Many themes that I'm uncomfortable with.
    ใ€€Mini Review: I found this show relaxing, interesting and enjoyable. Though I feel like the show should have been at least two cours to flesh things out a bit more. Flawed, and really I think I'd recommend other similar anime over this, but I'm glad I watched it.

2. Sunabouzu
    ใ€€Mini Review: I'm not really sure what to write about this one, I really wanted like it but elements of it were way too cringy for me, to use words that won't get me trouble. Also all the characters except for one where entirely unlikable and I could never get used to art style.

3. Dennou Coil
    ใ€€Mini Review: While technically not bad I didn't enjoy this show as much as I thought I would. About half way through it breaks from the main story and starts focusing on these mini-stories that seem kind of pointless. Then when it does get back to the main story it seems more meandering than before, with a lot of plot twists that make it feel like they were just making stuff up as they went along rather than adding to the mystery. I did enjoy it in parts though.

4. Mob Psycho 100 II
    ใ€€Mini Review: I liked this a lot better than the first season. The focus on Mob and Reigen's character development was a welcome change and the Go Nagai influences in the second half were cool. I'm glad that this event pushed me to finally watch it.

Workshop Used: #02 (ScarletCelestial)
    Item Number on the list: #09

5. [Watch a Fantasy or Mystery anime] : Somali to Mori no Kamisama

Workshop Used: #08 (trojangirl12)
    Item Number on the list: #08

6. [Watch a Theme Tags: Detectives anime] : Fuse: Teppou Musume no Torimonochou

Workshop Used: #01 (UltimateDeath)
    Item Number on the list: #22

7. [Watch a CGDCT anime] : Sounan desu ka?

Workshop Used: #01 (Ranacchi)

8. [Watch a series that started airing in October] : Pingu in the City

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:05 PM
Dec 29, 2022 6:29 PM

Jan 2019

โ„๏ธ Username: xLunaDragon

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/xLunaDragon
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/xLunaDragon
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=50#msg68057993

ใ€€ใ€€๐Ÿฐ The Dining Table GEN

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop # 6

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Mairimashita! Iruma-kun 2nd Season
    ใ€€Mini Review:

2. Bakuman.
    ใ€€Mini Review:

3. 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru [Great Bean Gift](W1)
    ใ€€Mini Review: I enjoy 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru it was an unque iseki because they went back to Tokyo after each quest. I enjoy the quests .... not being so easy straight forward... the players had to think... and figure out what the had to be done to complete the quest.

4. Tokyo Godfathers
    ใ€€Mini Review:

(by lostnyanko)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:47 PM
Dec 29, 2022 6:39 PM

Oct 2012

โ„๏ธ Username: MegaManBK7
โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: Here
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: Here
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: Here
๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop 10

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift
  1. Psycho-Pass 2
    ใ€€Mini Review: I ended up liking this more than the first season, since it showed way more how flawed the "utopia" of the world is. A pseudo 3D chess of "these mistakes are all part of my plan" vs watching the world's rules fall apart . The new set of cast is fun, with different specialties and motivations that are maybe a bit too tailored to making the plot advance.

2. Cyberpunk: Edgerunners
    ใ€€Mini Review: Trigger write a competent ending challenge failed again. There was such a good build-up of David making the same mistakes as Maine and succumbing to cyberpsychosis, but instead they went for the usual big flashy battle that threw out all the previous story up until that point. Visuals and audio were absolutely amazing though, so it was fun to watch, but thinking about it for any amount of time after finishing it just made me mad.

3. Fruits Basket 1st Season
    ใ€€Mini Review: You can fit sooooo much trauma in this family, and also the rest of the cast too ig. I started getting tired of the cycle of "introduce new character, dump their trauma, Tooru helps" by the end of the season. I'm a fan of the idea of commiserating party, but like it was way over-done by the end of it, and how much was just guys shouting at each other. The writing was solid overall, and the comedy was much better than the drama imo, so overall I liked it, but more by averaging the good and the bad.

4. Toradora!
    ใ€€Mini Review: Went through that whole series like "Wow, Ryuuji is such a good mom for Taiga" and I still prefer that relationship for them. It was pretty obvious from the beginning how the whole show was going to play out, but I generally enjoyed how the whole cast interacted together regardless of the end status of their relationships. Also a great example of somebody who is smart but and idiot, vs somebody who is an idiot but smart.

Workshop Used: 5
    Item Number on the list: 95

5. Watch an anime with 5 or more MAL tags: Shingetsutan Tsukihime
    Workshop Used: 6
    Item Number on the list: 31

6. Watch a Thriller: Touhai Densetsu Akagi: Yami ni Maiorita Tensai
    Workshop Used: 6
    Item Number on the list: 72

7. Watch an anime related to a previously watched series: Bungou Stray Dogs Wan! (Parent Story: Bungou Stray Dogs)
    Workshop Used: 7
    Item Number on the list: 54

8. Watch an anime with a main character whose first name starts with the same letter as your username: Flying Witch (Makoto Kowata)

(by Jeon_Asuna)
SheyCroixMar 6, 2023 8:53 AM
Dec 29, 2022 6:45 PM
The Enthusiast

Jul 2007

โ„๏ธ Username: lostnyanko

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/lostnyanko
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/lostnyanko
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917#msg68049467

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop 17

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Dennou Coil
    ใ€€Mini Review: This series was rather enjoyable. Kids in anime can be very hit and miss, but even the so-called "obnoxious" kids in the series were really well portrayed and had a lot of character to them. I had considered watching this for a very long while and it's nice to have finally gotten the chance to check it out. The layers between the real world and the digital world was very interesting in how it was handled, especially when the lines started to blur as it went on. It also had some surprisingly emotional themes/scenes in it. All my love for Densuke!

2. Kamiarizuki no Kodomo
    ใ€€Mini Review: It wasn't a bad movie, but for some reason felt a little flat to me. It was enjoyable enough of a watch, but nothing that stands out for me. Perhaps it's because I wasn't very invested in the main protagonist. The art and style were pretty nice, though.

3. Akatsuki no Yona
    ใ€€Mini Review: This series started out a little awkwardly with pacing and the set up, in my opinion. I also wasn't sure if I'd really enjoy it based on Yona's initial personality and interactions. Some of the comedic chops felt off to me. But as the series progressed and Yona grew as a character, my appreciation for the series certainly deepened. The addition of the other main characters really charmed with the series. The cast really works well as an ensemble and felt weak at the start. But it has been an interesting story and watching the growth has been charming.

4. Tian Guan Ci Fu
    ใ€€Mini Review: It's nice to finally have that off my "On Hold" list, but admittedly I had to rewatch the first part of the series because when I first watched it, I think I fell asleep a couple of times during it. The series is fairly aesthetically pleasing, but at the same time, I feel a lot of the characters don't feel like they have a lot of distinctness to them. The pacing felt very slow to me and I had a hard time investing. I guess I expected a lot more from this series, given the hype I've heard around it.

Item Number on the list: 09

5. Watch a Fantasy or Mystery anime : Violet Evergarden: Recollections [Fantasy]

Workshop Used: 01
    Item Number on the list: 23

6. Watch an anime that began airing the same month you joined MAL : Sounan desu ka?

Workshop Used: 08
    Item Number on the list: 43

7. Watch a series that started airing in October : Fuse: Teppou Musume no Torimonochou
    Any day/year.

Workshop Used: 02
    Item Number on the list: 47

8. Watch a Mythology themed anime : Somali to Mori no Kamisama

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 5:01 PM
Dec 29, 2022 7:05 PM

Nov 2018
[08/08]

โ„๏ธ Username: Eleanora1315

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: Link
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: Link

ใ€€โ›„ The Snowman GEN

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #14

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 6, 2023 8:34 AM
Dec 29, 2022 7:13 PM

Jul 2015

โ„๏ธ Username: Jaikeis

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Jaikeis
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Jaikeis
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917#msg68056377

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop 07
    ๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Mahoutsukai no Yome
    ใ€€Mini Review: The episodic stuff isn't bad when it gets to exist, but so much of the narrative is tied up in Chise and Elias's relationship, and I do not care for Elias at all. The "learning how to be human" character arc is uninspired and derivative, and it's frustrating to sit through Elias generally being uncommunicative or throwing a petty fit over a perceived lack of attention. It could have been interesting if his bad behavior was actually challenged, but Chise, still working on overcoming her own abandonment issues, lets nearly all of it slide, forgiving easily if not immediately. The rest of the anime doesn't really have much to offer. The supporting cast doesn't really get to do anything, so they end up forgettable. The magical world setting has lots of fun tiny details sprinkled in by the animation, but barely any of it gets explored, thanks to our passive, incurious protagonist. Perhaps my biggest gripe is the comedic asides that come up in nearly every episode. They almost always wreck the tone a scene is going for with jokes that are never funny enough to be worth it. There's quite a bit of thematic overlap with shows like Natsume Yuujinchou or xxxHOLiC, but the execution is just not there in this. Disappointing all around.

2. Zhen Hun Jie
    ใ€€Mini Review: Thoroughly mediocre. Plotting is dull, characters are bland, animation is bad, and by god the comedy is awful. The only remotely compelling part of the narrative was when the kid brothers were left to fend for themselves on the streets, but that quickly gets resolved in favor of boring ghost fight after boring ghost fight. The twist that I saw hyped up could have been okay, but the story structure of every ep switching between past and present makes it way too telegraphed, so it ends up rather underwhelming when they do reveal it and doesn't really change much in the grand scheme of things.

3. Zipang
    ใ€€Mini Review: The dynamic between the two leads, Kadomatsu and Kusaka, really carries this show, but that's mostly a consequence of the rest feeling rather aimless. There's clear themes on the necessity of sacrifice and how one's ideals can't hold up against the realities of war (which itself comes across as conspicuously sanitized), but while we learn these lessons again and again, our crew never settles on what to actually do. They're pushed around by the big players of the era to the point that they're stuck in a purely reactive position. They acknowledge multiple times that they are changing the course of history with their intervention in major events, but the circumstances of the time travel placing them in an entirely separate history means we never get to see the fallout of any of it. I don't mind the slow pacing in the anime, but considering where it ends, the lack of resolution to any of the setup in the narrative is a little unsatisfying.

4. Ao Ashi
    ใ€€Mini Review: Well, it's almost immediately obvious this isn't the kind of sports show that would be popular with women, but I have to wonder if all the high ratings for this show are from romcom fans hungry for the love triangle, because man the sports action is just a mess. Almost every game is with a bunch of interchangeable faceless opponents, and the anime skips around so much in a match that there's no sense of continuity or tension at all. And in the end, they learn the grand revelation that communication is the key to success. But let's face it: the opponents don't matter. Our teammates don't really matter either. They're all window dressing to focus on our protagonist's development. If they screw up and lose, it's Aoi's fault. If they sneak in a win, it's Aoi carrying. There's barely any build up of comradery with how often the secondary cast rotates out. I was hoping that all the open antagonism Aoi was getting early in the show at the team tryouts would segue into learning how to work with such players once they were on the same team, but no, they don't even get to be on the same team when the first- and second-string halves are in completely different worlds. What, was the cartoonish bullying and antagonism just to make us hate them? Aoi himself is very disappointing as a protagonist. He's stupid, stubborn, and obnoxious, sure, but what really takes the cake is how often the other characters suck up to him and his amazing innate talent without him showing any of the growth or improvement to earn it.

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 5:32 PM
Dec 29, 2022 7:25 PM

Apr 2018

โ„๏ธ Username: ohpishhposh

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ohpishhposh
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/ohpishhposh
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: #55

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #04

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift
  1. Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
    ใ€€Mini Review:  This anime is so wholesome!!!!  Ahh, yes, THE FEELS.  The romance felt much more mature than most I've seen which was nice. Thank you so much for the wonderful recommendation, secret santa!!  =D

2. Mononoke
    ใ€€Mini Review: Wow. This show was something else. The stories were intense and the endings were jaw-dropping. Finding the Truth, Reason, and Form was a wild ride each time. The art was so interesting as well! That was a really good one! Thank you so much for the recommendation, secret santa!! =D

3. Summertime Render [ ++++ The Great Bean Gift from Workshop #05 on Team Nice ++++ ]
    ใ€€Mini Review:  THE GREAT BEAN GIFT HAS BLESSED ME. 10/10. I absolutely loved this. There is a high chance I will be re-watching in the very near future.

4. Hybrid Child
    ใ€€Mini Review:  The 3rd story brought tears to my eyes!!  MY HEART.  I really enjoyed the first story as well!!  I just wish both stories could have been longer.  Thank you so much for the recommendation, secret santa!!  =D

Workshop Used: #12
    Item Number on the list: First Round - Group B - Team 8 - Item 1

5. Watch a series that started airing in October : Bananya: Fushigi na Nakama-tachi

Item Number on the list: First Round - Group A - Team 1 - Item 2

6. Watch a an ONA-type with a total duration of 60 minutes or more : Mo Dao Zu Shi Q

Workshop Used: #17
    Item Number on the list: First Round - Group B - Team 7 - Item 9

7. Watch a 1-cour ONA : Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

Item Number on the list: First Round - Group A - Team 2 - Item 2

8. Watch an anime that includes one of your favorite people : Fruits Basket: Prelude | Tatum, John Michael - Katsuya Honda

(by Jeon_Asuna)
ohpishhposhJan 27, 10:05 AM

โ˜† Yatoite โ˜†
โ˜…¸.•โ˜†•.¸โ˜… ๐’Ÿ๐‘’๐“๐’พ๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐‘’๐“ˆ โ˜…โก€.•โ˜†•.โ˜…
May Our Fates Intertwine
Dec 29, 2022 7:26 PM

Jul 2012

โ„๏ธ Username: JTtheLlama

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/jtthellama
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/jtthellama
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=50#msg68057593

ใ€€๐ŸŒธ The Poinsettia Garden GEN

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #03

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Re:Creators
    ใ€€Mini Review: Interesting concept and execution. The characters could have been even better given the concept of fictional characters coming to life, felt like there was a lot more variety that could have been there and exploration into the ideas and implications of this, but it was good overall.

2. Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
    ใ€€Mini Review: An absolute snoozefest, thoroughly boring for a full 2-cours with no interesting characters or plot you can get invested in since it felt like groundhog day with similar things happening repeatedly, no real character development happening for those followed for an excruciating 26 episodes. There are tons of Samurai shows far more interesting than this.

3. Gamba no Bouken
    ใ€€Mini Review: This cute little adventure of a mouse voiced by Goku is full of character, not sophisticated or life-changing, it was a good time as someone who doesn't shy away from old anime. It might be a bit slow and a lot of the same happening throughout, but there was a deceptive amount of character writing for motivations and arcs containing more genuine emotion than the seemingly more mature shows of these recommendations.

4. Kaze no Stigma
    ใ€€Mini Review: I enjoyed some moments, overall it felt lackluster compared to its peers, magic ability action shows of the 00s because of a lack of strong characterization other than generic archetypal tsundere, fanservice and low-hanging fruit that I come to expect, but it was watchable like cheap food from the convenience store is edible.

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:52 PM
Dec 29, 2022 7:33 PM
Anime Moderator
Aug 2011

โ„๏ธ Username: goncix3000

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/goncix3000
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/goncix3000
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=0#msg68049511

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #4

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Kiniro Mosaic
    ใ€€Mini Review:
  2. Tonari no Yamada-kun
    ใ€€Mini Review:
  3. Kannagi
    ใ€€Mini Review:
  4. Aho  Girl
    ใ€€Mini Review:

๐ŸŽฟ Sherlock
Did you attempt Royale Part? (Sherlock) Yes
goncix3000Jan 15, 2023 12:30 PM
Dec 29, 2022 7:34 PM

Jul 2008

โ„๏ธ Username: HimeCrycho

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/himecrycho
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/himecrycho
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: #8

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Koi wa Sekai Seifuku no Ato de
    ใ€€Mini Review: It was kind of your average comedy romance show. But Desumi the main girl was pretty cute and I loved her whole aesthetic. I felt bad for her being kind of forced to join the villains because of her dad. Explained why she could not just leave it though because it is clear her family means a lot to her. The narration that her cat sometimes gives is pretty funny. Like when he said he would "tolerate" the guy she was with because it made her happy xD Blue Gelato was kind of annoying. Wish we saw more of green. Pink was such a side character that she may as well not even been there. Yellow is sexy in the OP, but then kind of average in the actual show which was a bit of a let down. The "blackmail" segment that they did was a completely unnecessary element as well. Reds devotion was refreshing because at least he knew what he wanted and would not back down no matter the consequences. I thought Id really enjoy this anime and it was "okay," and worth the watch, but not one I would watch more than once. But that being said, I did really like the last episode and thought it was super cute! Love the demon baby thinking they are his parents! xD

Happy Happy Clover
    The great bean loves me, so I am allowed to swap out one anime! (Workshop 17 item given to imlaabem.)
  2. Cyberpunk: Edgerunners
    ใ€€Mini Review:

3. Nihon Chinbotsu 2020
    ใ€€Mini Review: This anime had some very interesting things brought up that you normally don't see in anime. Topics such as meth addiction, weed changing your personality, jealousy leading to the death of someone, heart surgery with batteries that always need re-charging, living with disabilities, loss of loved ones, and so many others. Random side note, the hair of the little boy Go drove me crazy. It was so large for no reason! Kite probably ended up being my favorite character. Everything felt so realistic in the anime though. It almost reminded me of The Walking Dead without the zombies. It was honestly a very interesting watch that I would have probably not gone and watched by myself. I binged it very quickly because I kept wanting to see the next episode. It is one I will suggest to others looking for a mature anime for sure.

4. Komatta Jiisan
    ใ€€Mini Review:Ohhh how I wish there were more episodes or seasons! I loved this to absolute pieces! The second I opened the link when it was assigned to me, I could tell right away it was absolutely an anime I would enjoy and it did not disappoint! I can only hope the one Im with is as adorable and lovey dovey as this old man when we reach that age! This is literally an example of #relationshipgoals! When he got all jealous another guy may be into his woman, when he did the wall move, his cheesy romantic pickup lines!! Just all of it made me squeal! I had never heard of this anime prior to being assigned it and I am so thankful I was! It is short enough to binge re-watch anytime I need a quick pick me up as well! Every episode had a smile on my face.

Workshop Used: # 01
    Item Number on the list: #26

5. [Watch an Iyashikei anime] : Rilakkuma to Kaoru-san

Workshop Used: # 5
    Item Number on the list: #72

6. [Watch an anime related to a previously watched series] : Violet Evergarden: Recollections

Workshop Used: # 9

7. [Watch an anime where the source is not Manga or Light Novel] : Natsunagu!

Workshop Used: # 9
    Item Number on the list: #81

8. [Watch a Special type] : Yumedamaya Kidan

(by Jeon_Asuna)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:13 PM
Dec 29, 2022 7:35 PM
(โยดโ—ก`โ)

Jun 2020

โ„๏ธ Username: mayaxiii

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/mayaxiii
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/mayaxiii
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=0#msg68050708

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #02
๐ŸŽฟ Did you attempt Royale Part? No

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift
  1. Ping Pong the Animation
    ใ€€Mini Review: What stood out to me for this anime was the art; unique. Animation was really good. It took some time get used to. The message of this story was really strong. Great recommendation.

2. Summer Wars
    ใ€€Mini Review: I did not expect to really enjoy this movie. I really liked the flow of the movie. Progression of the movie didn't feel dragged out. It did remind me of Ryuu to Sobakasu no Hime, and then came to know that it has the same director. Art and animation were really good.

3. Ouran Koukou Host Club
    ใ€€Mini Review: The average poor girl goes to rich school meets boys, with a twist. I might have loved it if I watched it at the time it was released. However, it is still enjoyable. It has its witty and funny moments, and if I may, 'moe' moments. Overall, it is a good watch.

4. Fruits Basket 1st Season
    ใ€€Mini Review: Pacing is a little too slow for my taste for this specific genre, however, plot wise, it is interesting; which keeps the want to know more and keep watching. Sound wise, the voice acting is good, the music did not really leave an impression. Some characters are a bit questionable, but overall, the synergy is there. Overall, the story and characters have depth; good anime.

Workshop Used: # 11
    Item Number on the list: #6

5. [Watch a Parody anime] : Koi wa Sekai Seifuku no Ato de

6. [Watch a Comedy or Slice of Life anime] : Wakaokami wa Shougakusei! Movie

7. [Watch an Iyashikei anime] : Kimi to Boku.

Item Number on the list: #59

8. [Watch an anime with the Anthropomorphic genre or Anthropomophism tag] : Houseki no Kuni

(by lostnyanko)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:44 PM
Dec 29, 2022 7:38 PM

Oct 2020

โ„๏ธ Username: xCrazee

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/xCrazee
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/xCrazee
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917#msg68049623

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #13

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Black Cat (TV)
    ใ€€Mini Review:
    • My hopes were not high for this anime as Super Power is one of my least watched genres, but I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. The anime was not perfect - it was rushed at times, I did not enjoy the ending, the animation was average at best, and one of the characters in particular was very annoying. However, despite all of that, the majority of the other characters were enough to make me enjoy this show. If you watch this as a show that's just fun with some action and a little bit of drama here and there, you'll probably enjoy it way more than someone who tries to take it too seriously.

Score: 7

2. Hiyokoi
    ใ€€Mini Review:
    • This is exactly what I was expecting from a 20 minute, romance/school/shoujo anime. It's pretty trope-y (as expected from a shoujo), but I've been in a romance anime mood lately, so I didn't have an issue with it. It's highest recommendation is Kimi ni Todoke and even from just 20 minutes I can see why. I do wish this had a full length TV adaptation. Overall, it's not bad, but it's not memorable or special. If you're in a Special-Per-Day run or wanna watch a short romance, I would recommend it.

Score: 7

3. Kaiba
    ใ€€Mini Review:
    • This was decent. While I enjoyed the overarching themes and plot, I wasn't as big of a fan of the music and story-telling. I enjoyed the unconventional artstyle despite normally preferring more typical art/design. While it's definitely surreal, I didn't find it complicated to follow. Overall, this was perfectly fine and good, but it's not something I would rewatch or personally recommend (although anime directed by Yuasa can be hard to recommend anyway).

Score: 6

4. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
    ใ€€Mini Review:
    • I'm not surprised that I found this to be pretty meh. I'm guessing that whoever gave me this got a 2-Cour/Snowman Gen assignment and didn't have much to work with (sorry, whoever that was) as I haven't updated my P2W in like a year and a half. HanaKana is great (as usual) and the animation/sound was okay, but the rest of the characters suck and there are way too many of them. The main character is ridiculously boring, and the sister having no character traits besides being a brocon isn't very interesting. Overpowered protagonists are good when they actually have a personality, but Tatsuya is not even close to having one.

Score: 5

Workshop Used: 3 (Bunille)
    Item Number on the list: 23

5. [Watch an anime that began airing the same month you joined MAL] : Mushishi

Workshop Used: 7 (AatihoNora)
    Item Number on the list: 68

6. [Watch a an ONA-type with a total duration of 60 minutes or more] : 7 Seeds

Workshop Used: 8 (Ashiq_Kadar)

7. [Watch a Mythology themed anime] : Jigoku Youchien

Workshop Used: 9 (Jokobo)

8. [Watch a Seinen anime] : Zetman

(by Jeon_Asuna)
SheyCroixMar 6, 2023 8:43 AM
Dec 29, 2022 7:42 PM
Mโ™›RRIED BL Lโ™ฅVER

Jan 2013

โ„๏ธ Username: RachelPanda

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/RachelPanda
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/RachelPanda
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=50#msg68133304

ใ€€โ›„ The Snowman GEN

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop # 13 [https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=100#msg68275577]

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift
  1. Omae Umasou da na
    ใ€€Mini Review: A story about dinosaurs, and so much more! Loved the vibrant color scheme that fit well with the prehistoric setting. This is not just for kids. Really enjoyed it.

2. Little Witch Academia (TV)
    ใ€€Mini Review: After watching the TV series with a serious time gap after finishing the movie, it seemed more geared towards children to me. It was entertaining but a little more slow pace and really exuded the "you can do it if you believe in yourself" vibe.

3. Sarusuberi: Miss Hokusai
    ใ€€Mini Review: I enjoyed the dynamic between the characters. My favorite is of course the stubbornness of the daughter to the great but filthy painter. The subtle inclusion of supernatural mythology also fits well. A pretty good historical movie.

4. Gosick
    ใ€€Mini Review: This 2-cour mystery had a bunch of foreshadowing about historical events laid out in an almost mystical setting of occult blended with something akin to but not at all fairytale like story-telling. I had trouble binging it, but I wouldn't say it was a bad show though, just a bit daunting at times. If you like Victorian types of clothing and mystery in an anime that shows a different side to historical events, and even throws in a bit of romance this one checks those boxes.

Workshop Used: # 1 [UltimateDeath]
    Item Number on the list: #96

5. [ Watch a movie with a duration between 15 and 90 minutes] : Chirin no Suzu

Workshop Used: #9[Jokobo]
    Item Number on the list: #13

6. [Watch an anime with 4 digits in its URL] : Yumedamaya Kidan

Workshop Used: #8 [Ashiq_Kadar]

7. [Watch an anime where the source is not Manga or Light Novel] :  Jigoku Youchien

Workshop Used: #7 [SetsukoSu]

8. [Watch a Fantasy or Mystery anime] : Houseki no Kuni

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:36 PM

LINKS
โ˜†:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::โ˜†
Members Cards
Clubs
Challenges
Favorites
โ˜†:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::โ˜†
Forum by Evil Club - snowman 2023

Dec 29, 2022 7:48 PM
Sanzo Party

Apr 2015

โ„๏ธ Username: RenxKentaro

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/RenxKentaro
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/RenxKentaro
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: MSGID_LINK

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #16

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Meng Qi Shi Shen The Great Bean Gift (Workshop #13 : Awkward-Bean)
    ใ€€Mini Review: I am so glad I picked this! Cinderella stories are my fav and Isekai's are fantastic! put them together and its even better! She had theses random scenes that looked like magical girl transformation and it was especially strange when nothing even changed after the transformation XD

2. Given
    ใ€€Mini Review: I liked it much better than the manga :) All their reactions reminded me of Haikyuu it was great! they were so exuberant and it just had so much more life than in the manga, were it looked really serious.

3. Hipira-kun
    ใ€€Mini Review: Hipira-kun was a cute little kids anime :) I liked the ending song, it always made me think someone was trying to break into my house lol. It was ok cuz it was short :P

4. Detective Conan OVA 09: The Stranger in 10 Years...
    ใ€€Mini Review: It was fun seeing everyone aged XD but it was also kinda rando :P It wasn't as great as I imaged it would be, there wasn't even a mystery which is what Case Closed is all about.

Workshop Used: #6 (FeezyWheezy)
    Item Number on the list: #38

5. [Watch a Shounen anime that does not have the Action tag] : Aoharu x Kikanjuu

Workshop Used: #9 (KatjieKat)
    Item Number on the list: #8

6. [[X] Watch a Theme Tags: Detectives anime] : Detective Conan Movie 21: The Crimson Love Letter

Workshop Used: #5 (_Bri)
    Item Number on the list: # 94

7. [Watch anime with Aliens, Ghosts or Robots theme] : Koukyuu no Karasu

Workshop Used: #9 (Jokobo)
    Item Number on the list: #20

8. [Watch an item that started airing 5 years before or after you joined MAL] : Natsunagu!

(by lostnyanko)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:28 PM
Dec 29, 2022 7:55 PM

Jan 2012

โ„๏ธ Username: Awkward-Bean
โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Awkward-Bean
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Awkward-Bean

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift
  1. Ristorante Paradiso
    ใ€€Mini Review: It was a pretty relaxing anime about the daily lives and relationships of the people working in a restaurant, there were many characters but I liked how each one of them got to have an episode where we learnt more about them. The music was very soothing, that it sometimes made me sleepy, but I liked the show a lot more than I thought I was going to after the first episode, as we learnt more about everyone, I started to get more invested.

2. Mob Psycho 100
    ใ€€Mini Review: I hadn't really wanted to watch this, but started and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it! I really enjoyed watching these young boys coming into their own during the course of this season, even though they sometimes made mistakes or turned down the wrong path, they found their way back. I also really loved the opening song!

3. Kimi to Boku.
    ใ€€Mini Review: This anime was very cute and fun, it made me laugh and cry. I really love watching stories about friendship, and each of the characters had quite different personalities, but even though they annoyed each other sometimes, you could tell that they genuinely really cared about each other. ^.^ Also, the cats that would pop up to show the mood of a scene! So cute!!

4. Meng Qi Shi Shen
    ใ€€Mini Review: This anime was a fun time, though I was sometimes a bit confused by what was going on with the different families or groups. The "magical transformation" was amazing! XD There was a lot of comedy, which I enjoyed and the romance was cute. What I loved the most was seeing what recipes she would come up with, and it often made me hungry.

Workshop Used: #1 (CsillaLoli)

5. [Watch a Comedy or Slice of Life anime] : Wakako-zake
    Workshop Used: #9 (KatjieKat)
    Item Number on the list: #8

6. [Watch a Theme Tags: Detectives anime] : Detective Conan Movie 21: The Crimson Love Letter
    Workshop Used: #2 (mayaxiii)

7. [Watch an anime with 4 digits in its URL] : Summer Wars
    Workshop Used: #9 (Jokobo)
    Item Number on the list: #23

8. [Watch an anime that began airing the same month you joined MAL] : Natsunagu!

(by lostnyanko)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 5:08 PM
Dec 29, 2022 8:31 PM

Aug 2015

โ„๏ธ Username: Myelin_sr

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Myelin_sr
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Myelin_sr
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=50#msg68098658

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop 4

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. D.N.Angel
    ใ€€Mini Review: Ep 1-5: not sure this show is for me; 6-13: ok, this is decent, just dont be her; 14-20: god this new girl is annoying; 21-25: cool, another show that shows the relationship parts of relationships; 26: that felt ... extremely rushed
    Definitely corny at times but as a throwaway romance series it's not bad.

2. 11-nin Iru!
    ใ€€Mini Review: Pretty reluctant going into this one but pretty pleasantly surprised. Interesting and exciting pretty much the whole way through. The ending definitely leaves a sour taste, Frol's decision feels very 80s and the whole "where everyone wound up" always feels corny in anything fictional.

3. NHK ni Youkoso!
    ใ€€Mini Review: For how much this show seems to come up I was expecting ... not this. For some reason in my head I always had NHK as something vaguely paranormal with a bit of suspense thrown in (maybe more like what Paranoia Agent is) and instead ... got this. Uncomfortable at times, but still good.

4. Grand Blue
    ใ€€Mini Review: Oh this is the show where they're always naked isnt it, yeah, not watching this one
    Natsume Yuujinchou San (Workshop 3: to boredrandomguy)
    ใ€€Mini Review: Can't go wrong with Natsume. Mildly concerned by the ending, kinda expected the show to stay with the monster of the week kind of thing, so seeing a bigger story start to develop makes me worry that it'll stray too far from what made it good in the first place.

5. Watch an anime with 4 digits in its URL: Lupin III: Episode 0 "First Contact"

6. Watch a Fantasy or Mystery anime: Kami no Tou

Workshop Used: #16
    Item Number on the list: #15

7. Watch an anime with a Witch or another Magic User: Burn the Witch [Noel Niihashi]

Item Number on the list: #58

Watch an anime that has a Main Character with blue or orange hair color
  8. Watch an anime with the source being at least 10 years older or more than the anime: Fruits Basket: Prelude [Souma Kyou]

(by Jeon_Asuna)
Myelin_srMar 6, 2023 2:23 PM
Dec 29, 2022 8:49 PM

Jul 2019

โ„๏ธ Username: AatihoNora

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Aatihonora
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Aatihonora
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=0#msg68050609

ใ€€โ›„ The Snowman GEN

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #7

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. 7 Seeds
    ใ€€Mini Review: A rushed and botched anime that leaves the watcher dissatisfied. The story at first looks great and daring but as it progresses it gets clear that much of it does not make sense. With some scenes that feel awfully forced and down right horrible.

2. Steins;Gate 0
    ใ€€Mini Review: Chaotic yet memorable, the anime had a lot of
    moments where the person watching had to recall previous instances and be in the loop with all the time-traveling principles which made the anime a lot more engaging than the prequel. Although I rated both seasons equally still I would say this season had a bit more edge and less predictability than the previous one.

3. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen
    ใ€€Mini Review: A great anime with pure amazing drama the storytelling in this anime is just remarkable and how family and friendship dynamics are shown is just a feast for the eyes. Rakugo is not a very popular subject but what they did with it here is nothing short of a masterpiece.

4. Usagi Drop
    ใ€€Mini Review: Usagi drop was a really good heartwarming story and it reminded me a lot of an old manga I read a year ago My Girl. the tale of a man being a father figure suddenly and changing his old ways to support the new family is very great and heart-filling.

๐ŸŽฟ EXTRA MILE

5. [Watch a Fantasy or Mystery anime] : Kaiba

6. [Watch an anime that has a Main Character with blue or orange hair color] : Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season

7. [Watch an anime where the source is not Manga or Light Novel] : El Hazard: The Magnificent World

8. [Watch an anime with 4 digits in its URL] : ef: A Tale of Memories.

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 5:21 PM
Dec 29, 2022 9:01 PM
Twilight Lolita

Dec 2014

โ„๏ธ Username: _Bri

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Bri
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/_Bri
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917#msg68049573

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #05

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Koukyuu no Karasu

2. Shingetsutan Tsukihime

3. Gamba no Bouken [Great Bean Gift from Team Nice/Workshop #03/JTtheLlama]

4. Summertime Render

๐ŸŽฟ EXTRA MILE

Item Number on the list: #72

5. [Watch an anime related to a previously watched series] : Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal

Item Number on the list: #35

6. [Watch a Chinese Anime] : Tunshi Xingkong

7. [Watch a sequel to a series you have previously watched] : Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season

8. [Watch an anime with 4 digits in its URL] : Kamichama Karin

(by lostnyanko)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 3:42 PM
Dec 29, 2022 9:30 PM

Dec 2015

โ„๏ธ Username: Gwathgor

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Gwathgor
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Gwathgor
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=50#msg68147206

๐Ÿ˜ [b] Assigned Team: Team Nice
๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #08

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Samurai Champloo
    ใ€€Mini Review:

2. Blue Period
    ใ€€Mini Review:

3. Kill la Kill
    ใ€€Mini Review:

4. Fate/kaleid liner Prismaโ˜†Illya
    ใ€€Mini Review:

5. Watch a sequel to a series you have previously watched: Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii OVA [Sequel to Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii]

6. Watch an anime that has a Main Character with blue or orange hair color: Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season [Myne]

Item Number on the list: #19

7. Watch an Unpopular anime: Omae Umasou da na

8. Watch an anime with 4 digits in its URL: Cool Cool Bye

(by lostnyanko)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 5:23 PM
Dec 29, 2022 9:43 PM

Mar 2016

โ„๏ธ Username: YayakoChii

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/YayakoChii
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/YayakoChii
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917#msg68052184

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #14

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Non Non Biyori
    ใ€€Mini Review: It was really peaceful, Renge-chan was so cute. I liked the atmosphere and the scenery, but it was a little too slow for me. Besides the slowness I rated it 8, because everything else was good.

2. Kuzu no Honkai
    ใ€€Mini Review: I see why this one is either hated or loved. I was somewhere between these feelings, it wasn't bad, but there were many silly scenes in it. I thought something will happen between them, but I still don't know if I should be happy it was like this or not.

3. El Hazard: The Magnificent World
    ใ€€Mini Review: I think that its a good OVA, I wanted to give it an 8, but Jinnai was so freakin' annoying that I just couldnt... XD Besides him I liked it, though there were questionable things in it. Btw, why the hell is it not tagged with crossdressing? Makoto literally was in girl's clothes till the last episode... XD

4. Katanagatari[ (sorry, too long) SWAP
    Tetsuwan Birdy Decode - From Workshop 17 - DigiCat's present
    ใ€€Mini Review: This one was a crazy show. The basic idea was interesting, but I didn't get to really like the female mc (Birdy). I liked it's uniqueness, I am curious of the sequel, will probably watch it later when I have the time.

Workshop Used: #07 - foxxykat1223

5. [Watch an Iyashikei anime] : Flying Witch

Workshop Used: #01 - UltimateDeath
    Item Number on the list: #18

6. [Watch an anime that started airing in 1989 or before] : Chirin no Suzu

Workshop Used: #04 - Jeon_Asuna
    Item Number on the list: #7

7. [Watch an OVA] : Genmu Senki Leda

Workshop Used: #02 - mayaxiii

8. [Watch a Comedy or Slice of Life anime] : Summer Wars

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:43 PM

Dec 29, 2022 9:56 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017

โ„๏ธ Username: bigdud24

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/bigdud24
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/bigdud24
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=0#msg68049333

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Nodame Cantabile
    ใ€€Mini Review: Lovely, very much a classical music geek's kind of anime. Enjoyed the budding friendships and relationships between this class of students and their struggles.

2. Arion
    ใ€€Mini Review: Plot-wise reminded me a bit of Hades but a lot more pessimistic tonally. Essentially runs through the gambit of the Greek pantheon and finds an excuse of a revenge plot to get 'em killed off.

3. Natsuyuki Rendezvous
    ใ€€Mini Review: A very unsatisfying romance, and it almost feels like that's intentional, but the overall execution was quite questionable. The mechanics of the supernatural within the story feel like they're supposed to have a thematic tie, but it's executed in a way that feels too literal for thematic cohesion.

4. Pandora Hearts
    ใ€€Mini Review: What I can enjoy about this was the gothic atmosphere it exudes when tension is needed, and on paper the story is interesting. But it often feels like paper-thin edge solely for the sake of itself, because it often wants to throw around Plot without ever quite building out a satisfying to follow Story.

5. [Watch a Fantasy or Mystery anime] : Lupin III: Episode 0 "First Contact"

Item Number on the list: #12

6. [Watch an anime that started airing before 1990] : Cool Cool Bye

Item Number on the list: #17

7. [Watch an anime adapted from a Game or Visual Novel] : Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

Item Number on the list: #76

8. [Watch a Supernatural anime] : Kimi to, Nami ni Noretara

(by Jeon_Asuna)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:37 PM
Dec 29, 2022 10:14 PM

Apr 2015

โ„๏ธ Username: Luffy_15

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Luffy_15
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Luffy_15

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #3

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. No Game No Life: Zero
    ใ€€Mini Review: Didn't expect this prequel to be set that far in the past, made me sad that we didn't get to see any of their ridiculous game battles. But, the story we did get was great, really liked the idea of them being like ghosts and manipulating things from the shadows, and the interactions between the three leads, in which there were a bunch of really funny moments

2. Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou
    ใ€€Mini Review: Wow, that was quite intense, so many crazy twists! Really enjoyed exploring the dual timelines, and slowly figuring out what happened all those years ago, which was quite disturbing and terrible... liked getting to meet and appreciate so many new characters, but kinda sad that this season had fewer interactions between our main cast since they were so often separated and doing their own things.

3. Hellsing
    ใ€€Mini Review: This was a really interesting watch, I particularly enjoyed the middle arc with the valentine brothers, where they really got to showcase the main characters and how each of them contributes to the hellsing organization. I really liked Seras Victoria's growth throughout the show especially in the beginning when she was coming to terms with her new situation and I gotta say the music in this show was superb!

4. Ergo Proxy
    ใ€€Mini Review: Wow, that was really confusing but was still really interesting to watch and I really loved how they used certain episodes that seemingly seemed unrelated to bring different points about the proxies and what's going on in this world. It was fun to see the characters in these very different situations, which allowed us to get a small break from the intensity of the show at times.

Workshop Used: #14 (YayakoChii)
    Item Number on the list: #22

5. [Watch a CGDCT anime] : Non Non Biyori

Workshop Used: #13 (Awkward-Bean)

6. [Watch a Chinese Anime] : Meng Qi Shi Shen

Workshop Used: #14 (Rno081)

7. [Watch an anime where the source is not Manga or Light Novel] : Brave Story

Workshop Used: #16 (RenxKentaro)
    Item Number on the list: #7

8. [Watch an OVA] : Detective Conan OVA 09: The Stranger in 10 Years...

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 5:27 PM

Dec 29, 2022 10:43 PM
Prideful Demon

Oct 2016

โ„๏ธ Username: KatjieKat
โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/KatjieKat
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/KatjieKat
ใ€€โ›„ The Snowman GEN
ใ€€
๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #09
Watching - Completed

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift
  1. Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season
    ใ€€Mini Review: Loved every second of this season just as much as the first season. It was amazing! I enjoyed seeing more and learning of Ferdinand, as well as seeing Myne grow a bit more as a character and seeing her achieve more of the goals she set out to do. I also liked the introduction to some new characters.

2. Golden Kamuy
    ใ€€Mini Review: Been meaning to watch this since learning it was used as the club layout, now finally having seen it, it was great. It made me laugh sometimes, had me anticipated for what would happen next other times. It had nice action, as well as animation. Truly a great story that kept me captivated.

3. Kakegurui
    ใ€€Mini Review: I have been putting this series off since it came out on Netflix. Sadly wasn't too impressed with it. I feel like a lot of the characters just annoyed me too much to fully enjoy this, or give it at least an 8. The game aspect itself was nice and entertaining to watch, to wait and see who wins and how they play and win.

4. Detective Conan Movie 21: The Crimson Love Letter
    ใ€€Mini Review: I liked this movie, however I think if I understood Karuta a bit more this could easily have been a 9. The mystery in this movie was at least captivating and nicely done. It was also nice to watch Heiji and Kazuha on screen again (and watch Kazuha play a Karuta match herself).

Item Number on the list: #44

5. [Watch a series with the Time Travel theme] : Mirai no Mirai
    Item Number on the list: #21

6. [Watch a Seinen anime] : ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

7. [Watch a Chinese Anime] : Mo Dao Zu Shi

8. [Watch a Comedy or Slice of Life anime] : Lupin III: Episode 0 "First Contact"

(by Jeon_Asuna)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:11 PM
Dec 29, 2022 10:51 PM

Aug 2018

โ„๏ธ Username: Bern_stein

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: here
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: here
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: here

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop 15

Did you attempt Royale Part? (Sherlock) Yes

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift
  1. Brave 10
    ใ€€Mini Review: A generic action anime with historical names pasted onto the characters. It's a pity especially because the Sengoku period is actually fascinating, so the wasted potential is felt even more strongly. I'm glad the heroine is not a tsundere, at least.

2. Hetalia Axis Powers
    ใ€€Mini Review: A Zweihänder of a show: no precision whatsoever, but it still cuts deep. The efficacy of its humour may vary depending on the viewer's self-perception among other things, but on me it worked very well. And even if it's not for you, come and find out how to make European history funny instead of tragic.

3. Shoukoku no Altair
    ใ€€Mini Review: There is a lot of childish shounen dead weight pulling it down, but also a lot of solid good choices. The focus on politics is a welcome mature twist, even if the protagonist often does not measure up to it. I'm torn, but ultimately I had a nice time.

4. Master Keaton
    ใ€€Mini Review: A lovely episodic show, revolving around one very likeable main character with a bit of a Columbo vibe. The concept is simple and effective: although the episodes themselves are of varying quality with mostly plain characters, Keaton is enough to carry them. I'm glad I watched it!

Workshop Used: 4 (Myelin_sr)

5. Watch a Seinen anime : Grand Blue

Workshop Used: 5 (_Bri)

6. Watch a Mythology themed anime : Koukyuu no Karasu

Workshop Used: 3 (Luffy_15)
    Item Number on the list: 14

7. Watch an anime that has a character who is a traveler : Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou (Reg)

Workshop Used: 7 (SetsukoSu)
    Item Number on the list: 59

8. Watch an anime with the Anthropomorphic genre or Anthropomophism tag : Houseki no Kuni (genre)

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 3:46 PM
Me: "Damn these manipulative Japanese people. Why are they so good at screwing up my feelings?"
My BFF: "Because they are weird. And you are weird."
Dec 30, 2022 1:27 AM

Aug 2013

โ„๏ธ Username:  Yterbium

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Yterbium
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Yterbium
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917#msg68049472

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #12

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. 11-nin Iru!
    ใ€€Mini Review: Fun Sci-Fi stuff. It stayed interesting and I ended up being into the romance.

2. Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist
    ใ€€Mini Review: The MC hammering on being a realist trusting science while ignoring evidence right in his face was frustrating. At least try to investigate how things are possible. I think that could have added a lot to both his character and to the worldbuilding.

3. Hipira-kun
    ใ€€Mini Review: The worldbuilding was quite fun and even though the MC is a bit of a brat, he didn't get on my nerves. I also liked the unique art style, kind of creepy in a cute way.

4. Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou
    ใ€€Mini Review: I really liked this anime. The events not being chronological added style, but I feel that they could have executed this a lot better. If they'd focused a bit more on being understandable, this could've been amazing.

๐ŸŽฟ EXTRA MILE

Workshop Used: #7
    Item Number on the list: #25

5. Watch an anime with 4 or more female main characters : High School DxD Hero

Workshop Used: #5

6. Watch a series with the Time Travel theme : Summertime Render

Workshop Used: #5
    Item Number on the list: #54

7. Watch an anime with a main character whose first name starts with the same letter as your username : Hai to Gensou no Grimgar [Yume]

Workshop Used: #1

8. Watch a Comedy or Slice of Life anime : Pingu in the City

(by lostnyanko)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:41 PM
Dec 30, 2022 1:44 AM

Feb 2022

โ„๏ธ Username: KomorebiKen

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/KomorebiKen
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/KomorebiKen
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=50#msg68083271

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #1

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift
  1. Natsume Yuujinchou
    ใ€€Mini Review:
  2. Hinako Note
    ใ€€Mini Review:
  3. Amaama to Inazuma
    ใ€€Mini Review:
  4. Kekkai Sensen
    ใ€€Mini Review:

๐ŸŽฟ Sherlock

Method used: (pick one, delete the other)
ใ€€ใ€€(1) Correctly guess who gifted you which series on your Workshop.
ใ€€ใ€€(2) Correctly guess all gifts of one person from a different Workshop, from the opposite Team. (what they gave to whom)

Workshop targeted: Workshop #

[------ ADD HERE THE USERS IN ORDER OF LISTED ANIME -------]

Workshop Used: #
Item Number on the list: #

[*][ITEM_HERE] : Series

[/list]
KomorebiKenDec 30, 2022 1:51 AM
Dec 30, 2022 2:06 AM
Jul 2020

โ„๏ธ Username:

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ Ashiq_Kadar
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/ Ashiq_Kadar
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=50#msg68137377

Ashiq_KadarJan 21, 2023 6:29 AM
Dec 30, 2022 3:21 AM
ใƒใƒใƒ ใƒผใƒˆ้›ถๅผ

Jul 2008
Challenge Rules
• Time Zone: Spain
• Starting Date: January 12, 2023
• Ending Date: March 1, 2023
• Progress: [โœ”] Secret Santa Gifts: 4/4 || [โœ”] Extra Mile: 4/4
• Leyend: Completed: [โœ”] || Incompleted: [โœ˜]

โ„๏ธ Username: Bahamut_Zero

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: Anime List
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: HoF
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: Post #18

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #10

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gifts:

1. [โœ”] One Outs
    ใ€€Mini Review: I really liked this anime. The way that Toua has to solve all the troubles and traps of the rival teams and even of his own president is impressive and true genius. I tend to really like psychological series, and this is a very good one. I also liked his character, always calm, never losing his temper.

2. [โœ”] Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase
    ใ€€Mini Review: I didn't like this anime too much, starting because I don't really like vampire series and ending because there isn't a single character I like. I didn't like the humor used by the series either... I really don't understand how the fact that objects fall on a character's head in every chapter is funny...

3. [โœ”] [ ++++ The Great Bean Gift ++++ ] Mob Psycho 100 II [Workshop Used: #15 | User: Kristiwazhere | Item: 4]
    ใ€€Mini Review: Like the first season, I liked this second season a lot, I would say even a little more. The evolution of Mob (and the rest of the characters in general) seems to me something unbeatable. The battles also seemed very good to me, especially the ones in the last chapters.

4. [โœ”] Bakemonogatari
    ใ€€Mini Review: I started this anime over 10 years ago! Thanks to this recommendation I was able to finish it and I don't regret it at all. I really liked the relationship between Koyomi and Hitagi. I also liked Mayoi a lot. Despite what was said before that I don't usually like vampire series, in this case it makes up for it thanks to the great characters that the series has and the touch of mystery it has.

๐ŸŽฟ Extra Mile:

5. [โœ”] Watch a Mythology themed anime: Arion [Item Number on the list: #47 | Workshop Used: #8 | User: bigdud24 | Item: 2]

6. [โœ”] Watch an 80's Movie: 11-nin Iru! [Item Number on the list: #79 | Workshop Used: #4 | User: Myelin_sr | Item: 2]

7. [โœ”] Watch a Historical themed anime: Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist [Item Number on the list: #48 | Workshop Used: #4 | User: Jeon_Asuna | Item: 3]

8. [โœ”] Watch an anime with 4 digits in its URL: Summer Wars [Item Number on the list: #13 | Workshop Used: #2 | User: mayaxiii | Item: 2]

(by lostnyanko)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 5:11 PM
MALOWEEN 2023

(21/21)
Dec 30, 2022 4:15 AM

Feb 2018

โ„๏ธ Username: boredrandomguy

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/boredrandomguy
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/boredrandomguy
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&goto=post&id=68049642

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop 03

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
    ใ€€Mini Review: A worthy sequel to its fantastic first season, Fate/Zero's second season continues the series with superb writing and animation. I don't think there's much more to say: great characters, great action, great music. 9/10

2. Kobato.
    ใ€€Mini Review: Overall, this series is decent. It certainly has good episodes, especially the first and last ones, while some of the ones in the middle are rather filler-like – nonetheless contributing to the characters growing on me. While a couple of writing decisions are not really to my liking (where did Kobato get that many Konpeito from, was there really a reason for all the crossover characters from series I don't even know making me wonder the reason for their being there), and a few plot points are not explained (how did that one Konpeito at the end suddenly make the difference, and playing into it, how exactly is the bottle's fullness being determined; and how did they regain their memories at the end), the overall drama is still fairly satisfying, having a '00s feeling to it like Clannad or Full Moon wo Sagashite. 6/10

3. Great Pretender
    ใ€€Mini Review: Great Pretender has nice production values, but is lacking in the writing department. Still, it is overall nicely directed and a lot of dumb fun, which is unexpected for me as I usually do not enjoy this type of original series. 6/10

4. Natsume Yuujinchou San
    ใ€€Mini Review: Building on the previous two seasons, the third season of Natsume Yuujinchou delivers with some great character development for Natsume: coming to terms with his past – at least a bit – and getting closer to his friends, both the human ones and those not. It also contains some of the best mini-arcs thus far, being less episodic overall. 8/10

5. Watch an anime where the source is not Manga or Light Novel: Little Witch Academia (TV)

6. Watch an anime with 4 digits in its URL: Katanagatari

Workshop Used: #15

7. Watch a Mythology themed anime: Tsugumomo

8. Watch a sequel to a series you have previously watched: Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata โ™ญ [Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata]

(by Jeon_Asuna)
SheyCroixMar 6, 2023 8:55 AM
Dec 30, 2022 4:53 AM

Jun 2009

Start date: January 01, 2023 | Finish date: January 24, 2023
โ›„๏ธ — Lazy Santa: '22 Royale Edition
Username: Aur0ra
Link to your anime list: โ„๏ธ
Link to your HoF: โ„๏ธ
Link to your first sign up post: #44
Which generation of the Standard Gift did you request?
๐Ÿฐ The Dining Table GEN
Assigned Team: Team Naughty ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Assigned Workshop: Workshop #15

plan to watch | watching | completed
progress: 08/08

โ›„๏ธ — CHALLENGE LIST

(by HimeCrycho)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 3:29 PM

Lovely set by EC Secret Snowman โ›„๏ธ Thank you! ๐Ÿ’—
Dec 30, 2022 5:00 AM

Dec 2013

โ„๏ธ Username: Canaan

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: Canaan'sAnimeList
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: Canaan'sHoF
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: #37

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. [ใƒ„] ๐Ÿ“š [Started: 23 Feb 2023] [Finished: 24 Feb 2023]
    Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season
    ใ€€Mini Review: The artsyle is still as good as season 1 however I found it slightly harder to get into this season as the first. There was a nice plot and I liked the way they had a wider range of characters.

2. [ใƒ„] ๐Ÿ•Š [Started: 12 Feb 2023] [Finished: 27 Feb 2023]
    ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
    ใ€€Mini Review: Too. Much. Talking. This series is very slow paced cuz the characters just talk and talk and I found it really hard to enjoy this as it felt too boring. However it did pick up in the second half so it did redeem itself a little.

3. [ใƒ„] ๐Ÿ›• [Started: 09 Jan 2023] [Finished: 09 Jan 2023]
    Kami no Tou
    ใ€€Mini Review: Actually really liked this series. Loved the Op and Ed. I liked the different characters and the animation. I felt the story was to me something that got me hooked to binge watch it.

4. [ใƒ„] ๐Ÿ’€ [Started: 01 Jan 2023] [Finished: 03 Jan 2023]
    B: The Beginning
    ใ€€Mini Review: I actually enjoyed this series, was a bit confusing at times if you mishear however you can get back to it again. I liked the characters and the story and I actually can't wait to watch the next installment. :)

Workshop Used: #02 [Kanijo]
    Item Number on the list: #06

5. [ใƒ„] ๐Ÿฑ [Started: 16 Jan 2023] [Finished: 17 Jan 2023]
    [Watch a Parody anime] : Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

Workshop Used: #04 [Myelin_sr]

6. [ใƒ„] ๐Ÿคฟ [Started: 05 Feb 2023] [Finished: 09 Feb 2023]
    [Watch a Seinen anime] : Grand Blue

Workshop Used: #05 [Rinarin]
    Item Number on the list: #81

7. [ใƒ„] ๐Ÿฆพ [Started: 24 Feb 2023] [Finished: 24 Feb 2023]
    [Watch a Special type] : Violet Evergarden: Recollections

Workshop Used: #05 [Cute_Monster]
    Item Number on the list: #48

8. [ใƒ„] ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต [Started: 23 Feb 2023] [Finished: 23 Feb 2023]
    [Watch a Historical themed anime] : Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni

(by Jeon_Asuna)
SheyCroixMar 6, 2023 8:57 AM

"By Depending on others and letting them
Depend on you, people can Exceed what
they can do as Individuals." - Mikoto Misaka

"Rokkon Shojo!"
Dec 30, 2022 5:03 AM
Bhaal babe

Jul 2015

โ„๏ธ Username: Nymeew

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nymeew
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Nymeew
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=50#msg68133447

๐ŸŽฟ Did you attempt Royale Part? (Sherlock) No
    ๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

Swap, I'd like to watch the first version first >.<
  1. [โœ”] Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Yuukoku no Moriarty
    Username: hoshi4

ใ€€Mini Review: Loved the setting and the characters, anti-heroes are one of my favourite characters after all. I liked it way more before Sherlock, just with all the crimes and revenge stories, but I forgive him because he's cute :P

2. [โœ”] Arcana Famiglia
    ใ€€Mini Review: It was enjoyable and full of pretty boys, couldn't ask for more. The setting was also pretty interesting. I would have liked more focus on the adults instead of the two young boys though, but it was still cute. Enjoyed seeing them blushing all the time uwu

3. [โœ”] Spaceโ˜†Dandy
    ใ€€Mini Review: I almost dropped this. The constant jokes about boobs were insufferable for me and they just NEVER STOP. There were some really good episodes though, if only Dandy and the flat humor weren't here...

4. [โœ”]Dirty Pair
    ใ€€Mini Review: That was super fun. I wasn't expecting to like these girls and their dynamic that much. The art style and the sci-fi setting were great too. And the opening slaps!!

(by Jeon_Asuna)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:17 PM

Dec 30, 2022 5:33 AM

May 2016

โ„๏ธ Username: Kanijo

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kanijo
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Kanijo
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=50#msg68098395

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #02

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift
  1. Sunabouzu
    ใ€€Mini Review: I liked watching the character growth of Kosuna. The scumbag antics of Sunabouzu were mostly mildly entertaining. The overall sense of humor was pretty middling. Definite favorite character has to be Amagumo. (Rating: 6/10)

2. Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
    ใ€€Mini Review: Was at first pretty overwhelming and the comedy wasn't really my thing, but sort of eventually grew on me. I think that the premise of exploring all the different timelines in which the protagonist made a different life altering decision, is pretty fun and handled very well. I really liked that despite these were all different timelines, there was still a lot of consistency to the world, events, and characters. (Rating: 7/10)

3. Chihayafuru
    ใ€€Mini Review: Absolutely loved it. The focus on the mechanics and strategy of Kurata was really fun and interesting. The romance is still in its early stages, but really entertaining to see developing and providing the motivation for the characters to push themselves. And the sense of humor is really connecting with me. (Rating: 9/10)

4. Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou
    ใ€€Mini Review: Was pretty funny to see a lot of the more serious and dramatic moments from the original anime/manga be played for laughs, but eventually became pretty repetitive. The humor that relied very heavily on the usual tropes of Japanese High School, were mostly not really my thing. (Rating: 5/10)

Workshop Used: # 12
    Item Number on the list: # 8

5. [Watch a Theme Tags: Detectives anime] : Yuukoku no Moriarty

Workshop Used: # 12
    Item Number on the list: # 43

6. [Watch a series that started airing in October] : Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou

Workshop Used: # 14
    Item Number on the list: # 35

7. [Watch a Chinese Anime] : Mo Dao Zu Shi

Workshop Used: # 15
    Item Number on the list: # 33

8. [Watch an anime where a main character has pink hair] : Gokukoku no Brynhildr
    [Pink Hair: Kazumi Schlierenzauer]

KanijoFeb 26, 2023 7:03 AM
Dec 30, 2022 5:44 AM
Feb 2020

โ„๏ธ Username: Mr_Duke_

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mr_Duke_
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Mr_Duke_
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=50#msg68076092

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku
    ใ€€Mini Review: Definitely a difficult anime to watch but worth all of the sadness you'll endure. Felt like it was missing something, but it was still a solid anime that if you can stomach it, then you should watch it! Something about the older anime really draws me in. It was a change of pace and I enjoyed it!

2. Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Part 2
    ใ€€Mini Review: I enjoyed it a lot and I'm happy with how it closed out, so I'd definitely recommend it to others! It was a fun Isekai with all of the different characters, and I also like the more mature themes it had compared to other Isekai.

3. Donten ni Warau
    ใ€€Mini Review: It was a good anime and I plan on watching the side story of it. Had a few twists and turns in it that were predictable but it was still fun to watch!

4. Sonny Boy
    ใ€€Mini Review: That felt like the longest anime ever, but it was definitely a unique experience. I enjoyed it even though it was kind of hard to follow at times and I'd say it ended on a good note. It was worth making my brain think a little harder for once!

Workshop Used: #02 - (mayaxiii)

5. [Watch a Seinen anime] : Ping Pong the Animation

Workshop Used: #04 - (Jeon_Asuna)
    Item Number on the list: #07

6. [Watch an OVA] : Genmu Senki Leda

Workshop Used: #06 - (xLunaDragon)

7. [Watch a Comedy or Slice of Life anime] : Tokyo Godfathers

Workshop Used: #09 - (mhkr)

8. [Watch a series with the Time Travel theme] : Shiguang Dailiren

(by lostnyanko)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 3:40 PM
Dec 30, 2022 6:36 AM
Captain

Jun 2014

โ„๏ธ Username:

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/YOUR_USERNAME
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/YOUR_USERNAME
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: MSGID_LINK

ใ€€โ›„ The Snowman GEN

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Team: Team Nice / Team Naughty (pick one, delete the other)
๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop #

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Series
    ใ€€Mini Review:

2. Series
    ใ€€Mini Review:

3. Series
    ใ€€Mini Review:

4. Series
    ใ€€Mini Review:

๐ŸŽฟ Sherlock

Method used: (pick one, delete the other)
    ใ€€ใ€€(1) Correctly guess who gifted you which series on your Workshop.
    ใ€€ใ€€(2) Correctly guess all gifts of one person from a different Workshop, from the opposite Team. (what they gave to whom)

Workshop targeted: Workshop #

[------ ADD HERE THE USERS IN ORDER OF LISTED ANIME -------]

5. [ITEM_HERE] : Series

6. [ITEM_HERE] : Series

7. [ITEM_HERE] : Series

8. [ITEM_HERE] : Series

KuroijiDec 30, 2022 6:47 AM
Dec 30, 2022 8:00 AM

Oct 2017

โ„๏ธ Username: Bunille

โ›„๏ธ Link to your anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Bunille
โ›„๏ธ Link to your HoF: https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/Bunille
โ›„๏ธ Link to your first sign up post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2059917&show=0#msg68052063

ใ€€โ›„ The Snowman GEN

๐Ÿ˜ Assigned Workshop: Workshop 03

๐ŸŽฟ Secret Santa Gift

1. Mushishi
    ใ€€Mini Review: It was too calming which is why it was on-hold, but it's an amazing show. The stories are wonderful, intelligent, creative, and mature. Episode 21 is also one of my favourites and so was 13.

2. Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
    ใ€€Mini Review: Very scientific and educational. She is a bit obsessed with hogging bodies after a crime when detective work isn't her field, though. Much more darker than I expected.

3. JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 3: Stardust Crusaders
    ใ€€Mini Review: Good memes aside, it has great direction as usual and an incredibly creative story with a great main and side cast. Part 2 is still my favourite out of the three, I miss the Ripple.

4. Baccano! Specials
    ใ€€Mini Review: Great direction as always. Graham is absolutely crazy. But not much really happened in those 3 episodes. Miria and Isaac can be quite annoying and it's a bit off-putting.

Item Number on the list: 9

5. [Watch a Fantasy or Mystery anime] : Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou

Workshop Used: 13
    Item Number on the list: 41

6. [Watch an anime with a character that doesn't have a picture set in MAL: https://myanimelist.net/character/218666/Hong_Chunhwa] : Kami no Tou

Workshop Used: 13
    Item Number on the list: 58

7. [Watch an anime that has a Main Character with blue or orange hair color: https://anidb.net/character/5527] : Ristorante Paradiso

Workshop Used: 11
    Item Number on the list: 43

8. [Watch a series that started airing in October] : Avenger

(by lostnyanko)
SheyCroixMar 1, 2023 4:55 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Lustrum Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Feb 24, 2016

467 by EyezOfNine »»
6 minutes ago

» Aired 2024 Challenge ( 1 2 3 )

SheyCroix - Dec 31, 2023

103 by EyezOfNine »»
35 minutes ago

» Aired 2023 Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 )

SheyCroix - Jan 1, 2023

186 by EyezOfNine »»
37 minutes ago

» Aired 2022 Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Jan 1, 2022

260 by EyezOfNine »»
38 minutes ago

» ๐ŸŒธApril 2024 Challenge [NEW RESTRICTION ADDED] ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

AWCC_admin - Mar 31

245 by Punkero »»
39 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.