Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2019 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's interesting the amount of time they focused on Himesaka Girls' Academy this episode. I think their past of hardship and getting to where they are today is quite realistic.

Their most prominent member Kazusa is a hard worker. Overcoming odds is not easy and to make it to where she is now is something to be proud of imo.
Dec 7, 2019 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
About the once winning school after losing. Choosing members instead of all and competition going on. Because of a 2nd year didn't get chosen, the two enemies have the same goal (and strong determination). Their performance awed everyone.

NamiDai's character met Miyu-Miyu's character, who is so pure. The fact about "Math teacher" seems to be hinting something. https://twitter.com/tka24/status/1203348536248528896

Aoi-san's character's school's turn next.

tsubasaloverDec 7, 2019 8:35 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 7, 2019 9:18 AM

Apr 2010
The episode was mostly about Himesaka who set down a nice performance which was expected from them but the question is will it be enough.
The others seem serious as well so i am looking forward to the next few performances.
Dec 7, 2019 10:04 AM

Apr 2016
Come on Chika, you can't write girl name and yours on the same "whether", that's basic elementary school.

Also Satowa's mom and the old lady .. they survived right ?
Dec 7, 2019 10:13 AM

Jun 2007
i just can't wait to see himesaka lose honestly :'] and if they win i'm gonna call the police
Swagernator said:
Also Satowa's mom and the old lady .. they survived right ?

no
see you, space cowperson . . .
Dec 7, 2019 10:41 AM

Feb 2019
Himesaka got some focus in this episode. I don't think they are gonna win tho.

Hokuto's advisor is a really sweet guy.

But the real highlight of this episode was
Dec 7, 2019 10:43 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Himesaka showing their resolve with a great performance.

Hakuto's advisor is a great guy. :)
Satowa x Chika, ship it!

Not sure why it took me so long to notice that Akira's seiyuu is Touyama Nao.
Dec 7, 2019 10:44 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To be able to reach the nationals 10 years in a row is damm impressive of Himesaka's koto club. But with pride comes a greater risk of fracture as when they lost to Hakuto during the music festival. But though they lost being able to reflect and learn from it is what really counts. The insight into the changes that went into Himesaka's practice routines as well as the changes that went in selecting the team that took to the qualifiers was pretty interesting and expanded upon both the efforts and the sacrifices that went through their reforging. Their piece though really showed some excellent syn and was proof of their determination to reach the nationals. An excellent ep that while showing how much Himesaka's skill as a club had improved also did well to show the efforts that went in to achieve it. Now im even more curious at seeing how the other schools get on as they play their pieces.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2019 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
This episode focused a lot on Himesaka Girls' Academy. Their performance was pretty impressive.

That Satowa x Chika moment was lovely.

Dec 7, 2019 11:20 AM
Apr 2018
I've read the manga and it was amazing. But anime is giving me same vibes as the manga did. I'm so excited for next episode that I cannot contain myself. Well made. Really
Dec 7, 2019 11:36 AM
Sep 2018
No matter which school wins in the end, I'll be happy and sad.

They've succeeded in making me care about a great many individuals at the competing schools.
The bottom line is only one can advance to Nationals from this competition.
For all the second years, this is their last chance to perform there.
And... it looks like the math teacher is leaving the position of adviser to the Koto club at his school after this year, we don't know the reason, and he hasn't told his students; but they have their sources and are aware, and want to take it all the way fir his sake.

For all of that, and other things, no matter how it ends I'll be happy and sad.
Which speaks well for the source material, and for the adaptation, that it can cause me to feel that way.
Dec 7, 2019 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like 2 more weeks until Tenkyu.
Dec 7, 2019 12:03 PM
May 2017
Can I just say. Wow Himesaka's performamce was awesome!
Dec 7, 2019 12:04 PM

Dec 2015
GAH! These episodes end too fast!
Dec 7, 2019 12:39 PM

Sep 2011
Himesaka's performance was amazing, and I love that Kazusa is giving her all so her kind and hardworking senpai can have another chance to play with them. I'm also really glad that Houzuki also made a charm for Akira as expected too. It was a lovely moment, but not as lovely as when Kudou wrote her name on his since she hadn't made one for herself. That was so cute and beautiful. xD And I love Yamamoto-sensei! He appeared just a little so far, but I agree with Mio, he is like the sun. I love that he is the one behind Hakuto's pieces, and how he was praised by someone like Takinami-sensei, who has those amazing ears.

He was so cute blushing too. XD But I'm still worried, he mentioned it's been 10 years since he became Hakuto's advisor, but that today is the "last day." I feel like I'm going to cry in the next episode. It's like he said he isn't going to be there with them even if they win here. And Hakuto is only getting recognition now, so I think Mio was the only one capable of truly bringing out the power of his calculated instructions and pieces. I always think me heart is ready, but it never is. I still can't wait for the next episode though. I love when an anime like this is capable of making me root and feel for the "enemies/rivals."
Dec 7, 2019 12:42 PM

May 2018
Shit this ep was mostly about them Himesaka bitches, too bad for Hozumi of all them 2nd years she was the only one left out for being the weak link.
Dec 7, 2019 2:06 PM

Mar 2016
I guess they are planning to show one performance per episode. As someone who doesn't understand koto or music at all, I ended up finding the performance quite boring.

A lovable rival can make stories interesting because we kind of want them to win as well. Himesaka school is annoying and I don't care about them. The people from Himesaka are so united (despite the small conflicts) that they don't feel like humans at all. As a result, they don't make the story more interesting; they just make me wish I skipped this episode.
Dec 7, 2019 3:44 PM

Dec 2016
Dang, it sucks when everyone from the same year gets chosen but only one was left behind :( that sucks. At least she got to support her classmates, right? That ain't half bad and it was a good idea :)

Chika, sweety... You can't write someone's name with yours like that, it sounds like a proposal for god's sake XD I think it was very sweet even so. Very cute! <3

Nice episode! The performance was great! ^^
PurpleGirl203Dec 7, 2019 4:08 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 7, 2019 9:01 PM

Feb 2019
not a bad episode this week. and i could really care less about the himesaka backstory, but i guess it made for good filler episode. but that chika x satowa moment was cute; he just did it without thinking lol
Dec 7, 2019 11:09 PM

Mar 2008
Not into Himesaka at all. But I also loved that Chika/Satowa moment.

I really really love the Hokuto teacher omg he's so adorable.
Dec 8, 2019 1:07 AM

Aug 2017
I need a Chika in my life. That qt just can't let you be down and treat you so right.

As for the Himesaka girls' performance, fuck that was so good. Especially when the people started those irregular playing.

Next episode gonnabe pretty interesting as well but of course, what everybody's looking forward is Chika and the gang's performance. BRING THEM ON ALREADY YO.
Dec 8, 2019 1:42 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Himesaka's performance there was incredible, yikes. Dat synchronization, phew. It's a good thing that these kids aren't terrorists lol because they would totally rock in that game as well. Keeping that aside, that was a touching little backstory leading up to the competition. It's hard to imagine how one would feel being the only one excluded from a senior class but she really took it on like brave warrior so props to her for that.

Anyway, Hakuto is almost surely going to top that even given that their ace is feeling up to the mark, is this even high school level anymore lol? Damn, that advisor though. There's definitely more to this, right Takinami-sensei? I hope they'll give him a fitting farewell nonetheless.

But the real highlight of this episode easily goes to that delightful little Satowa x Chika scene! So kawaii, that's seishun alright~ Chika really needs to take a hint sometimes xD. Kurusu-chan jealous in the background was pretty hilarious too.

I wonder if the Grandmaster and Akira's grandma are okay though lol.

Starting to feel really bad for Tokise now. Can Tenkyu really save the day? Hype for the remaining three episodes!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 8, 2019 8:18 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
LeenPhoenixRae said:
not a bad episode this week. and i could really care less about the himesaka backstory, but i guess it made for good filler episode. but that chika x satowa moment was cute; he just did it without thinking lol
A filler episode? How?

I really liked this part in the manga, now on to Hakuto's backstory. Going to be another powerful one.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Dec 8, 2019 9:00 AM

Nov 2019
A great episode & I'm looking forward to see our gang's performance
I'd give it a 8/10
Dec 8, 2019 2:19 PM

Oct 2008
w0w! Himesaka's performance was breathtaking because of how synchronized they are and how hard their piece is...but if Hakuto is a real threat...then they might snatch the first place again....
and it seems like our MC's could not even complete on the level of the other 2 schools who is beyond top class level koto users!
5/5.

Dec 8, 2019 3:01 PM

Nov 2011
I don't care about some prestigious schools back story making it to Nationals 10 years in a row.

I cared more about this then anything else in the entire episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 8, 2019 6:55 PM
Mar 2015
Hinesaka did everything it could to make it to nationals Unfortunately for them several roadblocks stand in their way
The Chika /Satowa charm was great
Dec 8, 2019 9:16 PM

Jul 2007
I wish more effort was put into animating the performances and that every shot of audience members wasn't the same shaking frames and bewildered expressions.
Dec 9, 2019 5:16 AM

Jul 2017
Let the Nationals begin! With the reigning champion, Himesaka Girls' School.

With the backstory of their pride immensely broken at the previous showing, this time they aren't pulling any farces. THROW THE EGO away, because only THE BEST OF THE BEST are allowed entrance as revenge of the champion's resolve. No matter the practice, no matter the playing, you'd be strike out if your skills aren't up to standard. Those who are able to pass, PROVE FOR THE OTHERS WHO AREN'T UP TO SNUFF.

And here comes their performance. It's crazy to think that after all that fiasco, they'd managed to produce a song so terrifying in perfect synchronisation. Impressive and incredible doesn't count their performance, IT WAS ABSOLUTELY MONSTER-LY PHENOMENAL.

Absolutely love that short Chika and Hozuki moment eh, as the ship goes.

About time Hakuto High School gets their showing soon, let's see if they can trump Himesaka in different offerings.
Dec 9, 2019 7:08 AM

Jun 2019
The hell i cried a lot for hozumi senpai. I know that feeling.

That Himesaka's Three Pharaprase must be most impressive one.

Chika!!! Are you trying to confess your feeling to Satowa?? That's so lovely!!
Dec 9, 2019 10:57 AM

Mar 2017
The beginning of this episode was meh cause i honestly don't care about Himesaka at all. There isn't a single person in their koto club that i find likeable!

BUT the 2nd half blessed us with that funny Chika x Hozuki moment and a smiling Mio so it's all good!
Dec 10, 2019 4:54 PM

Apr 2007
kater_tot said:
The beginning of this episode was meh cause i honestly don't care about Himesaka at all. There isn't a single person in their koto club that i find likeable!

BUT the 2nd half blessed us with that funny Chika x Hozuki moment and a smiling Mio so it's all good!
This is almost exactly what I was going to type lol. Chika writing Hozuki's name on the charm aaahhh so cute :3
Dec 11, 2019 2:35 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
To bad, they going to lose. Can't see the other outcome, where our group not going to nationals.
Dec 11, 2019 1:12 PM

Mar 2017
Monochrome said:
kater_tot said:

This is almost exactly what I was going to type lol. Chika writing Hozuki's name on the charm aaahhh so cute :3

I know, that part was so freakin' cute... can they just be a couple NOW haha
Dec 12, 2019 5:04 PM

Sep 2018
Satowa and Chika always makes me smile!! A little moments of them makes me so giddy!!! Cuteeee ❤
Dec 12, 2019 9:37 PM

Jul 2016
As much as I hate Kazusa (or more exactly, her annoying obsession with Satowa), I must say I really liked this episode focused on the Himesaka girls. Their performance was indeed quite impressive and their resolve, though similar to Tokise's, is sweet in its own way.

Now on a side note... Chika, for God's sake. Even elementary schooler know you can't write a girl's name alongside yours unless you actually want to establish something xD
Dec 13, 2019 4:45 PM

Apr 2012
The way the show depicts Japanese girl's school turned out to be an even more obvious allusion to the author's female gender than the manner in which the emotions of the characters are drawing. It's as if I'm reading some old shoujo proto-yuri manga.

Oh, Chika is so simple-hearted that he actually named her mediator after their "ship". For a complete combo, he only needed to add the “x” sign.
Dec 13, 2019 8:21 PM
Jul 2017
Chika knows what he's doing, man.

He pulled Satowa aside "confession"-style last episode - in front of her friends!

And a while back, he slept over at her apartment! (admittedly on the kitchen floor.)

The kid is smooth. He's taking it slow, for her sake. But he's definitely putting in work.

And she made the charms for everyone, but especially for him. You know it.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Dec 15, 2019 1:34 AM

Dec 2014
the competition in full swing...hmmm nice to see other players back stories
Dec 28, 2019 8:49 AM

Nov 2016
Initially I really disliked Kazusa for being so disrespectful, but this episode managed to redeem her.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 4, 2020 11:29 PM

Aug 2017
I know they are not going to win but it was interesting to watch an episode dedicated to Himesaka Girls' Academy.

Satowa x Chika is a lovely couple.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 7, 2020 10:49 AM

Jul 2015
Himesaka really feels like a team of oiled machines in the way of how they are with a big group but show a highly synced performance without any major mistakes

May 19, 2020 3:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great focus again, I find it really interesting that they're developing every characters and club to humanize them and not only make the main characters' club against random soulless clubs, it makes the whole thing a lot more interesting, now I want each club to win after seeing their members, goals and problems.
Jun 19, 2020 5:05 PM

Aug 2018
sorry i gave it a 1 but i love this anime the romance is great even thou it is not a romance anime they do a better job on shipping couples
Jul 29, 2020 6:28 PM

Feb 2018
katie_potaty said:
Monochrome said:

I know, that part was so freakin' cute... can they just be a couple NOW haha

I'm just watching now, but I thought their backstory was fine. Think some of y'all are just way too fixated on that ship because you're crushing hard on Chika (which is understandable outside the age thing).
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Aug 23, 2020 4:50 PM
Oct 2019
Is Yamamoto dying?
Jan 15, 2021 1:33 AM

Apr 2009
Oh lots of tension even with the old champions.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 22, 2021 4:04 AM

Jun 2020
What is up with Hakuto’s advisor?? I’m curious.

And omg that Chika & Houzuki moment was so cute. Chika!!!!!!!!! Sweet boy ♡____♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 6, 2021 4:20 AM

May 2020
An episode focused on Himesaka Girls', they sure worked hard for this one after their loss in that competition but it isn't like the end result will change this time.

Chika x Satowa never ceases to amaze me.
Mar 18, 4:13 PM

Mar 2019
I can't say I was moved by the Himesaka flashback, but it was still a nice story. I still prefer Koto songs when they are played with less members, it sounds nicer.

But now, it's time for Hakuto and I'm really looking forward to it with how much of a mystery Hakuto and Mio were. I'm still not sure which one I like more between them and Meiryo, but the advisor had a nice episode and Mio is a good character. I liked the small bit we got for them with the advisor also being the creator of the song and how it's his last day. I guess I looked into it too much and that flashback Mio had wasn't something bad. And if Takinami acknowledges you, that must be a big thing, lol.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

117 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

142 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

49 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2019

43 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 16, 5:14 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

61 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 16, 4:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.