Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 28, 2019 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode had a degree of emotional content. First, there's the anxiety of who will make it to the nationals. Then it also deals with how Satowa's feelings reached her mother. I think this series' finale managed to tie some knots based on what it built from the first episode.

A lot of happiness and tears ths episode! I got a bit emotional for this series' finale. It was an emotional journey.
Dec 28, 2019 8:25 AM

Nov 2007
The mother and daughter hug while other members looking from behind.

One of the members ran to them emotionally, so mother was able to have chance to talk to main guy.

That girl admiring Koto girl met main guy. They expressed admiration to each other.

Split opinions from judges. Main group won.

Teacher girl's brother (KENN) also came. He hugged male students.

Losing teams showing sad feelings and frustration. Then entrusted the winning team to win.

ED = OP1 https://twitter.com/konooto_anime/status/1210960321239642112

Their trip in getting #1 continues.
tsubasaloverDec 28, 2019 8:40 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 28, 2019 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
Welp...Hozuki's mum have caught onto her, but thank the Heavens, what words came out of her isn't so much of hate, but one of FINALLY reciprocating and reaching her mum's heart. And everyone oh-so-rejoiced with the massive cringe from Hozuki, while Chika got thanks from her mum for supporting her faithfully throughout. (And I'd question why not acknowledging BGR status too T.T)

The Nationals judges had a seemingly HARD time deciding who will be voted for the Nationals, and whilst the equality (or rather inconsistency) of their views, only ONE could be crowned the champion, and Tokise High School made the cut with such a mind-blowing song of skill the last episode.

Takminami-sensei may have had it rough, but with Akira, her brother being able to see the efforts of the sister making it to the Nationals is a good cause for concern, but one for happiness.

On the rival schools' side, Himesaka's Hozuki-obsessed Kazusa still doesn't want to acknowledge that their performance was one-of-a-kind, but it made such an impact it could not be afforded for a mention. With that, Kazusa's dreams of being in Nationals was heart-wrenching...but they could restart again, and same goes to Hakuto High School, the surprise winners of the Preliminaries, with the lead player on his last throes of playing (and lost the chance), he got his taste of playing for the sake of reaching out to him.

With that, this is just Tokise's beginning, THEIR STARTING LINE, with the other rival schools cheering them on.
AND FINALLY, glad that Chika is able to pay respects to his deceased grandfather after this much of a journey from Season 1.

What an emotional joyride this anime became. One of the best musical series of the year. Unanimous 10/10
KANLen09Dec 28, 2019 8:57 AM
Dec 28, 2019 9:22 AM

Apr 2010
It was a good ending to a good anime.
Really enjoyed this series and the sounds where amazing as well it's a shame that it ended but hopefully we get something nice next season.

Houzuki making up with her mother was a good thing and the reaction of the other was funny.
Also the reaction of the other teams after the announcement was well done.
Dec 28, 2019 9:43 AM

Mar 2012
Oooh, the opening changed again to include mother and daughter standing side by side. This season is really going to jump in the rankings now.

Aww, they skipped some funny interaction between Satowa and Chika when she was offered to go visit the grandpa's land with him. I hope they somehow include that whenever this gets a 3rd season.

Swagernator said:
btw .. there isnt enough material for the third season right ?

Sadly, no.
MetaKiteDec 28, 2019 10:09 AM
Dec 28, 2019 10:04 AM

Apr 2016
And so it ended.

They win, nice. Also good that Houzuki was able to reconciled with her mother.

btw .. there isnt enough material for the third season right ?
Dec 28, 2019 10:08 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its great that Houzuki's feelings managed to break through to her mothers closed off heart and allow them to reunite. Such a heartwarming scene. As the whole each school truly showed impressive skill in their performances. Considering this its not surprising that even the judges will be at a loss to choose the winner. But still congrats to the team for making it through the nationals. The congrats by their friends though was fun especially the interactions between Akira and her bro. Though defeated its nice to see Kazusa become more humble as well. Still her little shout out to the team sure proved to be an interesting show of support for the team. Overall a fantastic end to the series that was both hearwarming and satisfying for after much joy, heartbreak and hard work the team has finally managed to achieve their dream of getting to the nationals.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2019 10:10 AM
Sep 2015
All four judges are right, the subjective evaluation is very hard, the easiest thing to do is to rank on what move emotion the most, and this is where song selection becomes an important part, it is a part of competition after all.
Dec 28, 2019 10:30 AM
May 2017
Another tearjerker finale for this underrated gem. Satowa facing her hom again, Tokise's reaction to their victory, Himesaka's and Hakuto's reaction to their defeats. And many other moments made me cry. Tone at the end got me. 9/10 For this season as well. It would definitely make it to my top 5 and be rated 10 if all the episodes were masterpieces like the last 2. All the other episodes were still really good and this show deserves a strong 9. I hope that a third season will be announced soon. Because I would prefer to watch this over reading the manga because of the music.
Dec 28, 2019 10:40 AM

Aug 2013
Congrats to Tokise for winning and moving on to nationals.

Quite the emotional episode tbh. It was nice seeing Satowa's feelings getting through to her mother.

It was nice how they added the first OP from the first season.

8/10 for this season. Hope there will be another season of this.

Dec 28, 2019 10:41 AM

Jun 2007
it's just rain on my face i'm not crying no
see you, space cowperson . . .
Dec 28, 2019 10:46 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm so sad that this is over.

What a show for me, the characters were all precious, the music is incredible, i love how plot points come together during koto performances, it was so, so good.

I pray for another season.

Thank you to Platinum Vision, the studio gave their best for this anime, i could tell. The ressources were not there but they put it in the right places where it needed to be and delivered everytime when it was crucial.

10/10 show for me.
Dec 28, 2019 10:51 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode and a nice way to wrap up the season.

Hozuki reconciling with her Mom was very moving, it was nice to see Akira's brother show his support as well.

Everything came together wonderfully and everyone's reaction to winning and going to the nationals was just so satisfying to watch.

Overall, I love the manga and I'm glad this was such a faithful adaptation. It might not have had the best production value but there was still a lot of heart put into making this show and it always delivered the raw emotional moments from the manga beautifully. I'm really glad they were able to present the performances wonderfully, with just as much detail and emotion as the manga. I'd urge anyone
who liked this to pickup the manga, I don't know when or if we'll ever get a third season since there isn't enough material but here's to hoping for the best.

9/10
Dec 28, 2019 11:00 AM

Nov 2016
This finale was pure satisfaction

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 28, 2019 11:11 AM
Nov 2019
Any news of season 3? :3
Can't wait.This series is too good.
Dec 28, 2019 11:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Brilliant finale episode! Genuinely felt like a conclusion (hopefully for now, that is) through and through!

Honzuki's reconciliation with her mother was really touching to see! I'm glad they took a bit of time for the whole scene too and giving us an insight on Hozuki's feeling at the time. Baka Kota definitely messed that up right after though, xD. Really sweet to see how the others were peeking and relieved at the beautiful sight.

Akira's brother chipping in with support plus some nice comedy there was really nice too! Akira's character has been a great highlight of the season and seeing the boys approve of that and consequently thank her was very pleasing to watch. Chika's aunt joining in on the celebration was really touching too.

Even Suzuka-san was nervous, goes to show just how unpredictable results can really be. But I'm glad that they chose the right school, that final judge just nailed it. Epitome of music, that's what their performance signified indeed!

Heartbreak for the other schools and in particular Himesaka and Hakuto for being outdone by a peach of a performance. I believe they should hold their heads up and it was nice to see them getting to that point after reaffirming their goals.

Awesome postcard midway in the episode there, by the way! Definitely downloading that!

Nationals are just right around the corner but we all know that school life is but problems lol. I'm sure this team will face no problem in that aspect but I'd sure love to see it animated plus some more appreciable romantic developments, so here's to hoping for a 3rd Season!

Overall, this season has been great! Started off a little weak imo but since the Akira arc, it hasn't looked back at all. Character explorations and developments for a few characters were at their peak this season, and it was honestly a treat to watch! Story-wise, there was nothing out of the ordinary but this group honestly made it special to say the least.

Production values weren't good nor consistent by any means but some of the effects to fit the tone and mood occasionally were on-point. Dark-tainted atmosphere during Akira's arc and the flowery petals during the performance were some of the more impactful moments for me, personally. Op/ED weren't the best either but at the same time nothing to bite on.

It's hard to say which between the serious-Akira episode, the last and this episode is my favourite of the lot but I can assure for certain that this season has been my favourite of the two!

As such, I'll award this show a generous 9/10.

Please let there be Season 3!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 28, 2019 11:32 AM

Mar 2010
I already knew they'd win but I still cried through the episode uwu.

I'll be so depressed if they don't make a third season!

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Dec 28, 2019 11:33 AM

Feb 2011
Serviceable adaptation, it made me pick up the manga so it did its job. Most of the people avoided the anime purely because of how cheap it looks, and while better art would have definitely given the manga more justice, i will still highly regard this anime and consider it a hidden gem of this year.

8/10
Dec 28, 2019 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
The beautiful piece that is Tenkyuu elevated this show to an 8/10 for me. Hope there's a third season soon.
Dec 28, 2019 11:52 AM

Apr 2016
Such a great anime. The music was so great, i think i'll try to listen more koto music. (Waiting for OST to be released)
Hope the BD/DVD sales are good, we need another season for this amazing anime
Final score 9/10

Dec 28, 2019 12:22 PM

Jul 2017
It was to be expected, but nice to see them make it to the nationals. Their performance really stood out after all lol

Other than that this was not too shabby a season. Not as good as the first one though I mean, the only memorable moment was really the piece they played at the end but otherwise that's it

Akira's grandmother redemption arc when?/10
Dec 28, 2019 12:35 PM

Jun 2015
I wonder if the third season is gonna come out any time soon.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 28, 2019 12:42 PM
Mar 2015
horray fo Tokise Glad that the girls got their reunions with mom and brother Showing the trophy to grandpa was a nice touch
Dec 28, 2019 1:09 PM
Jul 2019

well, them Tokise guys made it and that's that.

Too bad for Kazusa, her school fails to make it to the nationals.
Horn_dawg_2019Dec 28, 2019 1:13 PM
Dec 28, 2019 1:12 PM

Dec 2015
Great episode. Nice finale. Works fine as standalone ending. Though it would be nice to see more adapted. (Maybe with them failing at the nationals but becoming a school/club that qualifies regularly and with the upperclassmen helping to qualify for the following nationals where they won't attend ... then the others winning that one.)

Easy 9/10 for me. Best show of the season cause some other shows have more (but only minor) flaws and this one was flawless.

Does anyone know how far this is in the manga? Is there a lot of stuff left that isn't adapted yet?

Edit: Yeah ... the grandmother ... missed her as well. Also the aunt should have met the teacher and made some remark about his past/family. But still a great episode with all the other schools congratulating/rooting for Tokise and with the teacher having been worried because of his piece. (Which was exactly a problem ... for the female judge who didn't like it cause "too easy".)
Dec 28, 2019 1:52 PM

Jul 2019
Rainbows, gumdrops, happiness. Very emotional emotional episode wrapping things up especially all the family related stuff. I leave it at a 9/10. The rewatch value might be low but this season depicted the 'real' bone work making them winners - much more so than season 1 did I believe.
Dec 28, 2019 2:07 PM

Jul 2017
Another 7/10 season for me in Kono Oto Tomare!

When I look at it as an anime-only, the anime has some big strengths. The characters are good, the actual narrative itself is pretty simple but fun enough to get behind, the slow-burn character development is present and well done and the ending was really nice too. The characters for Hiro, Satowa and many others got fleshed out a lot more in this season and made everyone more likable.

However, the production aspect of it is pretty underwhelming in comparison. I like the musical performances with the koto, but the opening for this season was mediocre. Like the first season, I wish they used the koto in it, to make the opening feel more unique with the heart of this show. In fact, I wish we got more koto or traditional Japanese music used for the general OSTs themselves since this anime felt incredibly bland at times due to having such a generic soundtrack for an anime about music and growth.

And the visuals themselves are meh too. The color scheme for this show looks pretty ugly as its bright but not saturated enough, and with its filter, it looks so... unappealing to my eyes. I like the character designs but those colors don't work.

So, overall, good narrative and characters mixed with decent but underwhelming production.

Now taking into account my perspective as a manga reader, this anime was a pretty boring and uninspiring adaptation. The manga visuals had so much life, and so much passion put into them that it almost felt like it was coming to life on its own, especially during to koto performances. It was almost like I can hear the beautiful performances myself from the manga, without actually hearing anything. It plays with my brain and my emotions really well, and it's paced and written superbly to back it up. With amazing writing and even more amazing art, it is one of my favorite manga out there.

But the anime feels very safe, and lacks any sort of oomph that the manga has. The visuals look more uglier due to its horrendous color scheme and the music underwhelms itself. It delivers content pretty well, but it doesn't deliver the soul that the manga oozes out in spades. It's a good anime, but a very hollow adaptation.

So finally, a 7/10 anime without considering the manga as a whole, and a 4/10 as an adaptation. I'll still stick with the 7 rating since I don't like using the manga to influence my judgement, and there's more positives for the anime than negatives, but I did wish for a heartier, more inspired adaptation that took risks, than a direct 1 for 1, and incredibly safe/bland adaptation of one of the best manga of this decade.
animejasDec 28, 2019 2:16 PM
Dec 28, 2019 2:14 PM

May 2016
On the verge of giving 9 but something is holding me back....

I really enjoyed this episode.... well guess its time to add the Manga to my list
I hoped for more screen time with Hozuki's mother but I guess it was for the best
that it went this way...

FMmatron said:

I guess it was not as good as I said :P.... I feel kinda embarrassed now xD
Dec 28, 2019 2:38 PM

Nov 2016
Raizel said:

I really enjoyed this episode.... well guess its time to add the Manga to my list
I hoped for more screen time with Hozuki's mother but I guess it was for the best
that it went this way...

FMmatron said:

I obviously didn't expect a masterpiece, but it was quite good nonetheless. Manga is still better, at lesst from what I've read.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 28, 2019 2:41 PM

May 2016
FMmatron said:
Raizel said:

that it went this way...

I obviously didn't expect a masterpiece, but it was quite good nonetheless. Manga is still better, at lesst from what I've read.
That sure means a green light to go for it.
Dec 28, 2019 2:45 PM
Dec 2018
Was a great ending to a great show. Really underrated and I hope we will see another season in future.

I am fine with sad or bittersweet endings but i think this really deserved a happy ending for the amount of hard work and struggling that all the characters went through over the two seasons. The way the characters progressed and resolved things was a joy to watch.

I would hope that their will be a season 3, i'm sure the manga will pick up again now that this season is complete.

One of the best musical animes for me and definitely one of the best in this season. The ending was tied up really well but i hope there will be at least one more season.
Dec 28, 2019 2:58 PM

Dec 2018
animejas said:
Another 7/10 season for me in Kono Oto Tomare!

When I look at it as an anime-only, the anime has some big strengths. The characters are good, the actual narrative itself is pretty simple but fun enough to get behind, the slow-burn character development is present and well done and the ending was really nice too. The characters for Hiro, Satowa and many others got fleshed out a lot more in this season and made everyone more likable.

However, the production aspect of it is pretty underwhelming in comparison. I like the musical performances with the koto, but the opening for this season was mediocre. Like the first season, I wish they used the koto in it, to make the opening feel more unique with the heart of this show. In fact, I wish we got more koto or traditional Japanese music used for the general OSTs themselves since this anime felt incredibly bland at times due to having such a generic soundtrack for an anime about music and growth.

And the visuals themselves are meh too. The color scheme for this show looks pretty ugly as its bright but not saturated enough, and with its filter, it looks so... unappealing to my eyes. I like the character designs but those colors don't work.

So, overall, good narrative and characters mixed with decent but underwhelming production.

Now taking into account my perspective as a manga reader, this anime was a pretty boring and uninspiring adaptation. The manga visuals had so much life, and so much passion put into them that it almost felt like it was coming to life on its own, especially during to koto performances. It was almost like I can hear the beautiful performances myself from the manga, without actually hearing anything. It plays with my brain and my emotions really well, and it's paced and written superbly to back it up. With amazing writing and even more amazing art, it is one of my favorite manga out there.

But the anime feels very safe, and lacks any sort of oomph that the manga has. The visuals look more uglier due to its horrendous color scheme and the music underwhelms itself. It delivers content pretty well, but it doesn't deliver the soul that the manga oozes out in spades. It's a good anime, but a very hollow adaptation.

So finally, a 7/10 anime without considering the manga as a whole, and a 4/10 as an adaptation. I'll still stick with the 7 rating since I don't like using the manga to influence my judgement, and there's more positives for the anime than negatives, but I did wish for a heartier, more inspired adaptation that took risks, than a direct 1 for 1, and incredibly safe/bland adaptation of one of the best manga of this decade.
Which chapters did the anime cover?
Dec 28, 2019 3:16 PM

May 2016
Smudy said:

I pray for another season.

Its pay my friend not pray xD
I hope so as well.
Dec 28, 2019 3:32 PM

Dec 2014
Ok that was a great way to end it all....nice....makes you satisfied but still wanting more
Dec 28, 2019 4:03 PM

Jul 2012
What a beautiful last episode.
I was expecting the OP to change one last time and it didn't disappoint. OP changes are always one of my biggest weaknesses.

I have to say that I liked the first season of Kono Oto Tomare! but didn't think much about it. And even had my doubts in the first couple episodes of this season but, ultimately ended up becoming my AOTS... I mean, there's still one cour left for Chihayafuru so I may change my mind at the end of next season, but as of now this one it's easily the best from this season and one of the best of the year.

I really am gonna miss this show, and seeing as there's not enough material for a next season I may start reading the manga.
Dec 28, 2019 4:51 PM

Oct 2017
Did anyone notice the OP change for one final time which Satowa and her mom stand together happily?

A very fulfilling conclusion after the climax from last week.
Pretty much all the loose end has been tied here, all the character branches has been resolved here.
It's like the arc 1 of the story has reach a full conclusion and the beginning of arc 2 can emerge.

We won't get season 3 for quite awhile, but I don't mind if the story ends here for now.
Though the manga seems to be ended quite awhile ago, so a full adaptation isn't completely out of the question, provided if they get enough financial support.

Normally I'd rate down a series slightly if the animation isn't top notch (Good story/ characters alone isn't enough to get a 10 from me, that's why I didn't rate Shinsekai Yori a 10/10), but since episode 25 proves that the studio has the potential to achieve something really phenomenal too, I'd give it a pass and give this serie a 10/10 instead of a 9/10 like I usually do on series with great story and characters.
Ventus_SDec 28, 2019 4:56 PM
Dec 28, 2019 4:53 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit I cried, screamed and cried some more during this episode!

First the mother and daughter reunion was beautiful! So heartwarming.

Then the anticipation of the winners. I avoided spoilers as hard as I could and I succeeded. I was standing up literally standing up waiting to hear who won the competition because honestly I did not think Tokise would win.

However when my man said Tokise won I was screaming at teh top of my lungs because I was so happy. Like if an anime can do that to me then you did something right. I was pumped that they are going to Nationals!! SO FREAKING GOOD!

NOW GIVE ME A SEASON 3!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 28, 2019 5:02 PM

Oct 2010
awesome franchise and a really great ending for it. I really hope we get a movie or sequel series about them going to the nationals. I love this cast of characters

SoraSenpai said:

However when my man said Tokise won I was screaming at teh top of my lungs because I was so happy.

You sound like you'd be fun to watch anime with lol .(Not sarcasm)
Dec 28, 2019 5:22 PM

Mar 2019
The end of a brilliant series, loved the music throughout and watching this little koto club. I hope some day we will eventually get another season!
Dec 28, 2019 5:38 PM

Nov 2011
Kougeru said:
awesome franchise and a really great ending for it. I really hope we get a movie or sequel series about them going to the nationals. I love this cast of characters

SoraSenpai said:

However when my man said Tokise won I was screaming at teh top of my lungs because I was so happy.

You sound like you'd be fun to watch anime with lol .(Not sarcasm)

Oh you have no idea. Haikyuu sent me on a emotional roller coaster. So did Yuri on Ice. I love anime where competitions are more or less that highlight of the anime.

Not only did I gain an admiration for the Koto but in 24 episodes I felt myself cheering on each of these students, watching them progress and develop from previous failures, doubts, and misconceptions to Nationals!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 28, 2019 6:59 PM

Jul 2015
It's depressing this one doesn't get more recognition

Amazing from beginning to end
Dec 28, 2019 7:03 PM

Jul 2017
Yessss they actually won it!! I'm so fucking happy right now haha, and they are finally heading to nationals! Congrats team, their performance was breathtaking, still remember it vividly!

Once again, a superb and emotional season from Kono Oto Tomare, definitely one of the biggest suprises of this year imo. And i'm impressed that not so many people have watched this. This is so damn good, they are missing out on this one big time! Shame on them xD

A super high 9/10 from me on both seasons. Heard that there isn't that much material to adapt from the manga... that's really sad, i really wanted to watch the nationals!
Dec 28, 2019 7:45 PM
Jun 2017
I never thought an anime about music/competition would move me so much after watching all those sports anime. The premise was similar to others but still struck differently. The pain of loss, not being able to move forward, everything was portrayed beautifully.
Dec 28, 2019 8:45 PM
Sep 2018
The folks who have read the manga all seem to think there isn't enough materials left for a third season...

OVA! OVA! OVA!

Chant it with me now!
Dec 28, 2019 9:27 PM

Oct 2017
Weasalopes said:
The folks who have read the manga all seem to think there isn't enough materials left for a third season...

OVA! OVA! OVA!

Chant it with me now!

Actually it's not like there isn't enough material, more like the rest of the chapters isn't fully get translated into other language. The manga has gone quite far ahead since, believe it or not, this is a pretty old serie.
Dec 28, 2019 9:58 PM

Mar 2019
who put an onion in my room? not funny...

Best anime of year first and second season

9/10
Dec 28, 2019 11:19 PM

Mar 2016
Everyone has already said my thoughts on this delightful series, 10/10.
Even when I have hopes of seeing these guys making it big in the nationals in an OVA, I'm kinda ok with the conclusion we got.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 28, 2019 11:30 PM

Mar 2008
I cried basically the entire episode. I would love a third season in the future. This series is really, really good and I feel bad for the people sleeping on it lol. 9/10.
Dec 28, 2019 11:42 PM

May 2016
*sigh*

Rather than a music anime I judged it as I would judge a sport anime (I judged as a music and slice of life but to a lesser extent).

You know hard work beats talent but years of hard work (or experience) can beat seasonal hard work (this felt more because of their talent or something).

Yup I knew they were going to win but after people who worked hard practically their whole life? Rather than amusing is less probable. So rather than enjoy it, this was something expected but annoying. They followed the path of the sports anime that I seriously hate (Harunaka receive for example) and disappointed me so much (as when you know what is going to happen but expect this time to be different).

The drama as usual is easily overcome and no traces involved, no surprised or touched (but I liked Akira.

With the music I felt as if I were watching Glee, you know, that in the competitions they show a flashy and cool scene but when the others are playing is you now... not pathetic but not as good as the protagonist.

Finally I would have loved if rather than leaded by Chika and Satowa (we had Akira in the searchlight but after her problem was solved that was it), all of them were equals, not even Kurata is at the same level or have the same importance and that is a shame.

I will debate with myself the score but is not as high as the majority... Woah I feel like a hater but I don't hate the anime just overwhelmed.
Dec 29, 2019 12:07 AM
Oct 2019
I'm quite happy with how the series ended; obviously, if we get a season 3, I'd be even happier. Hopefully, the manga continues so that we get more. Either way, I will be picking up the manga when I can find it.

Going back to season one episode one, I didn't expect to enjoy this series as much as I have. I would definitely place it in my top favorite anime. The characters are likable and fairly well developed.

I thought the voice acting was good, with a few names I am familiar with like: Yuma Uchida (Kyo Soma - Fruits Basket (2019))
Atsumi Tanezaki (Rio Futaba - Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai) Ayane Sakura (Ochaco Uraraka - MHA)
Nao Toyama (Chitoge Kirisaki - Nisekoi)

My one complaint like some others have mentioned is the animation. While there were a few spots that I questioned like reused frames, it never bothered me enough to distract me from enjoying the show. While animation is important, I was easily able to forget about it, especially during their performances.

Overall, I am really glad that I started watching this, and looking forward to more. Hell, it even got me to finally make a MAL account so that I could post my thoughts and ask questions, instead of just lurking and reading like I used to. I am gonna have to give Kono Oto Tomare a 10/10, maybe a 9.5 if I really cared about animation.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

142 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

49 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

49 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 18, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2019

43 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 16, 5:14 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

61 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 16, 4:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.