Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 12, 2019 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For a fantasy show, I find the character designs really adorable with some of the non-human traits, especially Seiran.

Got the main cast introduced so far and it's also really colorful in terms of the setting. A lot of smiles, playful energy, etc. The character interactions are charming enough so far and I think there's potential for storybuilding. I want more~

Jan 12, 2019 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
the character designs remind me of poppin q, but maybe thats just me.

the devil was somehow able to go back in time to try and stop Yuuria from becoming a hero.
ironically, she finds her weapon during the trial and becomes a hero.
the end credit at the beginning threw me off lol >.>
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 12, 2019 9:41 AM

Apr 2010
Well it looks like this is going to be something like the Maou is trying to prevent the hero from becoming a hero.
It was a funny episode tho.
Seems the party of girls have it rather easy for now.
Jan 12, 2019 11:12 AM

Feb 2013
DreamingBeats said:
the character designs remind me of poppin q, but maybe thats just me.

the devil was somehow able to go back in time to try and stop Yuuria from becoming a hero.
ironically, she finds her weapon during the trial and becomes a hero.
the end credit at the beginning threw me off lol >.>

The original character designer for this show is from the mangaka Namori of Yuru Yuri. She also was the og character designer for Release the Spyce.
Jan 12, 2019 11:23 AM

Dec 2010
had a nostalgic ff ending like theme nice touch

Jan 12, 2019 11:24 AM

Apr 2016
This was more weird than it was cute lol, feels like a parody.
Jan 12, 2019 11:50 AM

Mar 2018
Mage Girl best girl.

Jan 12, 2019 11:59 AM
Jan 2019
I'm glad to hear again the voice of Kaos-chan in an anime, and now on top of that she's planning to beat the Demon King?. I'm sure I'll laugh a lot with her adorable misadventures.
Jan 12, 2019 12:06 PM

Aug 2012

Lil Satania is my fav character. And this might be my AOTS if every episode has those funny adventures.
Jan 12, 2019 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
Great. As expected by Studio Gokumi. Animation is way better than I expected though. Hand drawn explosions are beautiful.
It generally looks awesome.
rsc-plJan 12, 2019 1:04 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 12, 2019 12:16 PM

Jun 2013
It was alright I guess. At least it was animated well and the character designs were nice.
Jan 12, 2019 12:39 PM

Oct 2017
MC reminds me a lot of Kagamihara Nadeshiko.
Jan 12, 2019 12:40 PM

May 2010
Not really my kind of show but it was enjoyable anyway! very nice episode
Jan 12, 2019 12:41 PM

Nov 2016
I wasn't too sure at first, but this turned out pretty nice.

And Mao is the most adorable Demon Lord ever.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 12, 2019 12:55 PM

Jun 2011
This is the pinnacle of anime. I say this unironically.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jan 12, 2019 1:05 PM
Feb 2016
This has to be the cutest fantasy show ever
Jan 12, 2019 1:11 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Has to be surprise of the season for me, i expected nothing from this and got good characters, very nice and detailed character animation, in general that first fight was brilliantly animated.

Demon Lord is hilarious, comedy overall good and a nice setting.

Very nice, definitely in my top 3 right now.
Jan 12, 2019 1:13 PM

Feb 2007
4 minutes in, roll credits, the end. Can't go wrong with this sense of humor. :D
Jan 12, 2019 1:35 PM

Sep 2015
Very entertaining, perfect drawing, cute characters, time travel.

Its certainly much more than what I expected! Wonderful surprise.
Jan 12, 2019 2:09 PM

Aug 2013
I thought this series was going to be about the aftermath of the hero party, their daily lives after defeating the demon lord, and I would prefer that much over this setting we got.

So far nothing really stands out. The main characters all fall into the typical tropes of this type of anime. Maybe I just came in with too high of an expectation since it's by Studio Gokumi.
Jan 12, 2019 2:26 PM
Mar 2017
What an amazing way to start the episode, the heroines fight with the demon king and defeat him with their forbidden magic, the final credits after 5 minutes of the episode left me stunned, but then we realized that we went back to the beginning where everything started.
The character design I loved them, I felt the soul of Yuru Yuri in this episode, I also loved that the seiyuu of Julia is the same as the voice of Kaos sensei. The same thing happened with Mei, Inori Minase returns to make the voice of a sorceress (she did the voice of Meteora in Re:creators and had the same vibe as Mei).
without doubt i like all the members of the group of heroines, Julia is the classic positive and cheerful heroine, Seira is the companion who cares about the welfare of their friends and if everything goes well, Fai is the tomboy of the group that goes to the attacks with everything and loves to eat and Mei is the sorceress who is obsessed with her magic and research.
Mao was the most adorable demon queen I have ever seen, the fun thing was to know that Mao is the demon king that the girls defeated at the beginning of the episode and that now her mission is to prevent Yuria from becoming a hero, and I love when she tries to make her evil laugh and she choke, it looks so cute.
The adventure of the labyrinth made me laugh a lot, the more they went through the labyrinth, the things get more crazy until they ended up in a cell, the poor Seira who was worried about reproving did not stop crying, but in the end they manage to escape and Julia finds the sword of the hero. In the end Mao's plan fails, but it does not mean that she will not give up on avoiding that Julia and her friends become the heroines.
The soundtrack is very good, I remember many games of this style, especially final fantasy, I do not know if what we saw at the end was the opening or the ending, but it's quite good, it continues with the same aesthetic of the girls going to their adventures to become the heroines, which is pretty adorable.

I hope the quality of this anime continues like this, I feel that this anime achieve something that I think is great, the idea that they left was acceptable and I want to see how they developed this funny and different anime of adventure with cute girls doing cute things.
salbery755Jan 12, 2019 2:39 PM
Jan 12, 2019 2:35 PM

Nov 2009
I had low expectations for this and it turned out to be reasonably good. A lot of creative ideas, it's cute overall, the colors are nice and the seiyuu cast makes it even better. The ED (perhaps OP from next week?) was decent and wholesome.
Jan 12, 2019 2:57 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
So "Endro~" actually means "End Roll". Nice!

I really enjoyed this first episode! I was smiling throughout the entire episode firstly because a lot of my favorite seiyuus are in here, more specifically Inori Minase and Misaki Kuno who voiced Rem and Venera-sama respectively who are two of my top favorite characters! Next, the concept is very acceptable and well executed in this first episode. Wonderful animation too! I think the first few minutes of this episode will be the result of the finale but I'm also expecting it to become slightly different where the girls find out what their cute adorable sensei's true identity is! And I can also imagine little Mao-sensei doing everything she can to prevent Yusha from becoming a hero only with sensei's plans ending up backfiring at her. Yeah, maybe this will happen, but I'm all for it (or whatever else will happen in this anime) because this anime is just that damn enjoyable! And I like Meiza Endust's character a lot! <33

Haha, I am definitely going to look forward to each episode weekly! And the wait for each episode will be painful. ;w; I love this anime already! <3
Jan 12, 2019 4:28 PM

Jul 2016
And I was worried this series wouldn't have yuri. I'm glad Namori's standards are being maintained.

Really cute so far. I look forward to more. I hope to ship Yusha and Mao.
Jan 12, 2019 4:33 PM

Oct 2010
I haven't had a highly anticipated show land with such a strong premiere since.... Girls' Last Tour. Yeah.

Еще раз
nDroae said:
nDroae | Jul 19, 2016 6:42 PM
Have any CGDCT had fantasy settings, making friends with dragons and such?

I would reasonably think that when an anime comes out claiming to be exactly what I literally asked for years ago, with this title, the actual show would be at least a bit disappointing. Cue the weekly "Will it turn bad this time" tension, I suppose.

Between this and long-awaited catalog stuff like Yamato 2199 and LOGH, I suppose 2019 as a whole will likely be the pinnacle of my anime experience. Next decade is just denouement. :P

They already have a chibi dragon friend AND they made friends with a random monster in the first episode

There are also girl MC isekai and fantasy VRMMO anime in the works. I'm glad this one made it out the gate first.

...I wrote all of the above before opening the thread. @Ahegyao knows what's up. As usual.

FMmatron said:
And Mao is the most adorable Demon Lord ever.

Is it wrong that I adore Beelzebub-jou and Maou from Maoyuu more? :p

UImoetard said:
I thought this series was going to be about the aftermath of the hero party, their daily lives after defeating the demon lord, and I would prefer that much over this setting we got.

I would have liked that too, something like a human-scale Hakumei & Mikochi (which coincidentally started a year ago today), though I knew to expect questing based on a quick look at the manga (created to release alongside the anime, available untranslated here... the manga is more lewd than this episode). Having now seen what the questing looks like, I'm not sure which I'd choose. I think I like it this way, especially if there's a lot of SoL downtime between quests.

"We are the target market / we set the corporate target / we are slaves of what we want" -Switchfoot
Jan 12, 2019 6:10 PM

Jan 2008
Really cute and colorful characters. First thing I thought was the girls look like Yuri Yuri characters and it seems that is the case because they the art for the characters is done by the same managaka.

Looks like Mao will basically end up be the one who causes her own demise

Jan 12, 2019 6:56 PM

Jul 2015
Endro~! Satania's Revenge.

Fun first episode, good comedy and the character designs are so freaking cute, the Yuru Yuri character designer delivering the good stuff.

I hope this becomes another season of fun Doga Kobo+Studio Gokumi cuteness overload!
Jan 12, 2019 7:01 PM
Oct 2018
Bwahahahaha I'm loving the old dude who just teleports the F away after announcing his retirement xD Mao-chan is cute though. I hope nothing bad happen to her :3

Curious to see where things will go...

Edit : Also that first trial reminded me a bit of the Greater dog from Undertale xD (Except more Neko)
RotetoPoteto89Jan 12, 2019 7:05 PM
Jan 12, 2019 7:31 PM
Jun 2017
Cute fantasy series... love the character and this series looks fun to watch.. lets see if the demon god (loli) can prevent those 4 girls from becoming a hero. Hahaha
Jan 12, 2019 7:31 PM
Nov 2017
MrAwesome2018 said:

Lil Satania.
This. Oh my goodness, this. :D
Jan 12, 2019 8:26 PM

Apr 2017
This show is way cuter than I had expected it to be. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy it a lot more than I should.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Jan 12, 2019 8:27 PM

Dec 2010
Absolutely flawless. I need more.
Jan 12, 2019 8:31 PM

Oct 2015
Such a witty show, we even got started with a demon lord final battle. I really like the demon lord cute and funny. Yusha not so much since she's a typical dense anime character.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 12, 2019 9:22 PM

May 2016
I was curious to see what Studio Gokumi would come up with since I really enjoyed Katana Maidens. Needless to say, I'm far from disappointed XD! Yasha is pretty much a more moe version of Nadeshiko from Yuru Camp.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jan 12, 2019 9:36 PM

Oct 2014
That was good. For now, it's #1 in my list for this season.
Jan 12, 2019 11:12 PM
Jan 2014
lostinexistence said:
MC reminds me a lot of Kagamihara Nadeshiko.
That's very true! Yusha reminds me a lot of Nadeshiko from Yuru Camp, both in her kindness, face, hair color and sweet personality! >////< 💕💕👌

hehehehe the voice of Inori Minase is strongly felt! xD

hahahahaha the funny thing about this is the fact that it was the same King Demon who put Yusha to his own destiny and ended up destroying King Demon!... I mean the only one to blame for his fall was herself! xD

No doubt Mao-chan never read Oedipus King, never play with the your future, it could be the reason for your perdition, so intervene in past events so that something in the future does not happen, always causes worse problems! xD
Jan 13, 2019 1:44 AM

Oct 2008
The MC girl Charldetto just looks exactly like Kaos-chan from Comic Girls!
and what's more, they're the same VA! lolz!
I really though when the ED credit rolled at the first part of this show, i had a feeling that it would suddenly became dark like the ED of SnK's latest episode...lolz good thing it was not!
4/5.

Jan 13, 2019 3:47 AM

Feb 2013
Is this the only fantasy CGDCT? I don't remember any cute girls being a fantasy show. (maybe urara meirochou, but it isn't excatly fantasy)

Also, mage best girl.
Jan 13, 2019 4:50 AM

May 2018
I've found my cute anime of the season, I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun doing this.

Lol the trip through time turned the devil king into a loli :D
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 13, 2019 5:07 AM

Aug 2018
Last season Studio Gokumi gave us an anime about an adorable 360 year old vampire NEET and now we get an anime that contains a loli demon lord senpai.

We'll see how this turns out next week I guess. Guess I have to start watching Yuro Camp someday aswell, since people mention it a lot aswell with this anime.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jan 13, 2019 5:21 AM
Apr 2016
I almost dropped this show after fast forward entire episode. I come here and read the discussion post before updating my list, but seeing Kaos Sensei and Nao name on this thread make me wanna go watch the show again and I'm glad doing it.
Jan 13, 2019 8:19 AM

Oct 2010
This is so very good. Actually better than I could expect for a first episode in these kinds of cgdct shows, which from my experience tend to have a slow start and gradually get better once the characters are properly established. It's charming from minute one, really cute aesthetics with character designs that fit so well (and the expressions are quite on point) and genuinely funny, with character traits and interactions that show a lot of potential already. What a lovely ride this one will be.
jal90Jan 13, 2019 8:22 AM
Jan 13, 2019 8:49 AM

Mar 2014
oh my, this is so adorable
Jan 13, 2019 9:42 AM

Dec 2016
The elf girl looks pretty similar to Emilia from Re: Zero lmao

On a real note this show is pretty cute and adorable and I'd be down for a calming fantasy s.o.l show, just as long as it doesn't get too boring
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 13, 2019 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't voiced my thoughts but this is just very adorable as hell. The setting being one of my personal preferences and not only that the aesthetic (while not being standout) is pretty consistent and just pretty to look at. And this might be a good fantasy/sol series too.

Oh and Inori's character is my favorite so far (the blue-haired one/Meiza).
Jan 13, 2019 2:05 PM

Feb 2011
AOTS AOTS AOTS AOTS

Jan 13, 2019 3:43 PM

Jan 2011
this show is cute at first i thought the twist was that they are in a world without a demon lord doing whatever but instead were in a different one in the past with the same demon lord stuck as a child lol

the soft designs help a lot in making this feel as lightearted as possible this will be a nice relaxing weekend-er
Jan 13, 2019 4:16 PM

Jun 2016
Probably the AOTS. :3
Jan 14, 2019 1:34 AM

Feb 2018
Simply a character design.
Jan 14, 2019 1:35 AM

Jul 2012
Good for now but it has a high potential of becoming repetitive.
Pink swords though are the dream.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2019

57 by itsChiaki »»
Jul 19, 2023 3:39 AM

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

29 by SoraKara »»
Dec 13, 2022 11:21 AM

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

32 by SoraKara »»
Dec 13, 2022 11:20 AM

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

30 by KhoaVN »»
Mar 24, 2022 2:51 AM

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

63 by animelover44322 »»
Dec 19, 2021 2:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.