Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2019 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, those little guys are kinda cute.

Also got some cute singing with the girls. Carnivals looks really fun in their fantasy world tbh. It's like a mixture of games, excitement, and joy altogether.
Mar 9, 2019 9:09 AM

Apr 2010
Service of all the girls except Seiran, i want more Seiran service!!
Well the festival was funny but predictable especially the fire towards the end.
Mar 9, 2019 11:01 AM

Apr 2016
What a happy little village, full of happy little people.
Mar 9, 2019 11:52 AM
Jul 2016
Allos Piruluk obtains her own LRIG and gets to play VS in the Carnival

If only the path to the village was revealed by shouting OPEN! and a white haired girl voiced by Risa Taneda cultivated the Cartado, then the list of shit references that only i care about would be complete.

Excellent MeMe material episode
Mar 9, 2019 11:53 AM

Oct 2018
Wait so Mei's garters are attached to her panties? I have questions...
Mar 9, 2019 12:04 PM

Oct 2010
Just started Pop in Q last night... this felt like the same thing for a bit.

Noninterference is the prime directive.

Gotta make a Mei version of this. Edit: done.
nDroaeMar 9, 2019 4:54 PM
Mar 9, 2019 12:36 PM

Nov 2016
God, this was by far the most adorable episode. Dodo and the residents of Tarka village are just >_<

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 9, 2019 12:41 PM

Aug 2012
I couldn't stop laughing at Mei giving the speech and singing while crying. Also that changing scene, poor Seiran.
Mar 9, 2019 2:42 PM

Jul 2014
Damn Mei, I didn't expect you to be... thicc.

Also, I had already noticed the transparent side slits in her skirt but not the back slit, what a weird skirt.

I expected this from Fai but still, damn Fai.

Funny how we had more fanservice in this episode than in the beach one. Not that i'm complaining though.

I had a good laugh with Mei's crying, I love her seiyuu (Inori Minase), she's one of my favorites for sure.
SkyLETVMar 21, 2019 9:29 PM
Mar 9, 2019 5:24 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
What a happy and peaceful little village with adorable residents! Cartado grows on trees. I'm astonished by this fact. The world of Cartado sure is deep. xD

Definitely enjoyed seeing Mei being so passionate about Cartado. <3 She's gotta be the happiest Cartado fanatic alive for personally participating in the Cartado Festival! And wow, there was a big Cartado all along. Now that was interesting. :'D

Happy and sad that all the harvested Cartado had to be burned at the end of the festival for good harvest in the future. Such a waste. ;_; Many of Mei's tears have been shed. ;w;

I love that scene where the girls were changing their clothes.*o* That was a real treat. <3 I feel sorry for Seiran
Mar 9, 2019 6:04 PM
May 2016
I don't know about the rest of you, but I thought this episode was kinda dumb. I'm starting to think with all the time and gags they've dedicated to this card game, this anime wasn't made for anime's sake but rather as one big fat advertisment for an actual card game the production committee are developing. Granted they have actual magical properties, but they are used for almost everything in this show and NOW IT TURNS OUT THEY LITERALLY GROW ON TREES!

Also, it makes Mei look like an even more obvious one-note character than she already was. They don't seem to want to develop her character beyond "she's a nerd who's obsessed with this world's all-emcompassing card game" and quite frankly the joke has run its course by this point. I though the whole scene with her and Rona in the card shop back in Episode 7 was overdoing it, but now they shoehorn in this magical world where, and I can't stress enough how dumb this is, THESE CARDS LITERALLY GROW ON FUCKING TREES!

I really like this show, the characters are cute, the message is honest and sweet and some of the episodes, episode 6 in particular, are freakin' beautiful! It's a good show, but one-note gags like the whole Cartado thing keep it from being a GREAT show. We are nine episodes in now and this show is nowhere near developing an actual plot. We know the heroes kill the Demon Lord and save the world, it's literally how the series opened ffs, but now that Mao, whose abscence also weakens the show, no longer is the Demon Lord, what's going to happen? That twist happened in Episode 2 and this show still hasn't formulated an overarching plot or conflict yet. I hope they turn it around next week because there's no time for filler episodes like this anymore, they need a strong finish, because I like I said I really like this show and I want it to end on a big note.

Apart from all that, Mei still thicc tho.
Mar 9, 2019 8:47 PM

Apr 2018
Eh, this episode was kinda weak.
Mar 9, 2019 8:49 PM

May 2018
I still can't stop laughing when see Mei singing while crying =D poor her, I know what she feel.

This episode is actually more focused on Mei and her love for cartado. We also got Fai episode before, when she go to melon competition, so I hope there is Seira episode later.

P.s : OMG Fai is too hot
Mar 9, 2019 11:10 PM

Dec 2016
ShyGuyDY said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I thought this episode was kinda dumb. I'm starting to think with all the time and gags they've dedicated to this card game, this anime wasn't made for anime's sake but rather as one big fat advertisment for an actual card game the production committee are developing. Granted they have actual magical properties, but they are used for almost everything in this show and NOW IT TURNS OUT THEY LITERALLY GROW ON TREES!

Also, it makes Mei look like an even more obvious one-note character than she already was. They don't seem to want to develop her character beyond "she's a nerd who's obsessed with this world's all-emcompassing card game" and quite frankly the joke has run its course by this point. I though the whole scene with her and Rona in the card shop back in Episode 7 was overdoing it, but now they shoehorn in this magical world where, and I can't stress enough how dumb this is, THESE CARDS LITERALLY GROW ON FUCKING TREES!

I really like this show, the characters are cute, the message is honest and sweet and some of the episodes, episode 6 in particular, are freakin' beautiful! It's a good show, but one-note gags like the whole Cartado thing keep it from being a GREAT show. We are nine episodes in now and this show is nowhere near developing an actual plot. We know the heroes kill the Demon Lord and save the world, it's literally how the series opened ffs, but now that Mao, whose abscence also weakens the show, no longer is the Demon Lord, what's going to happen? That twist happened in Episode 2 and this show still hasn't formulated an overarching plot or conflict yet. I hope they turn it around next week because there's no time for filler episodes like this anymore, they need a strong finish, because I like I said I really like this show and I want it to end on a big note.

I agree, this was probably the weakest episode of all, weak jokes repeated and a lot of talking exactly what we've already seen. Also, some time since the last big pet dragon scene, this would probably help this particular episode.

The only time I laughed was in the end (fuck you and burn, idiot cartado thing, burn!)

only three epsodios left, there is still time for Mao to create some conflict.
heh.
Mar 10, 2019 12:23 AM

Oct 2007
Did not expect cartado to grow from trees. Mei even willing to leave the others behind, so she could get to the hidden village.

Seira is so slim. She's the only one who fit in the small sized costumes. :D

Sad, the tree that had the giant cartado is dead.. at least Mei still earned bragging rights being Cartado King.

I think it's the right choice not to try and grab the cartado being burned, it will ruin the festival. And they will probably be perma banned from entering the village again.
Mar 10, 2019 1:19 AM
Jul 2018
awesome episode 10/10
Mar 10, 2019 1:30 AM

Aug 2018
And now we know where Cartado comes from...
Mar 10, 2019 3:18 AM

May 2018
So Cartado grows on trees? Well that's interesting.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Mar 10, 2019 7:13 AM
Jan 2019
Who would have said that the letter grew from the trees? ..., hahaha, what a good chapter.
This anime purifies me.
Mar 10, 2019 9:57 AM

Oct 2010
ShyGuyDY said:

Uh, I can agree with a lot of this, the episode was kind of weak and a bit of a one-note (and Mei is a really fun character, just not one that can carry an entire episode on Cartado obsession alone). But why would this be an advertisement? It's the joke and the parody. There isn't much of an exposition of the way they function (we know that they have powers... that they can be combined?) and when there is it's to highlight how much of a nerd Mei is. And Cartado growing out of trees is just an absurd take on how the origin of Cartado is super mundane. It's supposed to be a joke.

And regarding filler, this series is a slice of life to begin with. Having a major narrative and stakes wasn't and shouldn't be expected. I don't know why should it refrain from having episodes like this. The problem of this one is that it just wasn't as funny as usual.
Mar 10, 2019 1:32 PM
Mar 2017
Today's episode was so fun and cheerful, and that it was centered on Mei and her fondness for the Cartado.
Mei is invited to a legendary festival in the town of Tarka, where the cards of Cartado are created, a small and very adorable being called Dodo invited Mei to the festival and the for the girls was very easy to make friends with him, but for Mei cost her a lot to earn his trust and friendship.
The secret entrance to Tarka was very funny, While Yulia and Fai fall carefree, Mei very serene clarifies being terrified and Seira falls frightened of what awaits them on the other side of the portal.
I think I laughed for a while when I saw that the cards of Cartado grew from the trees, I also thought that some sorcerer concentrated his magic on the cards.
The town of Tarka was very adorable, the town is full of a festive atmosphere, in fact the girls must also dress like the people, but Mei, Yulia and Fai have problems because they fit tightly or they can not put them on, although Seira did not have that problem (poor thing, do not worry Seira Flat is justice).
The girls singing the song of the festival was so cute, they all got carried away by the festivity.
Something that surprised me about Fai today was her ability as a translator, she stood out a lot, being that she is very impulsive.
The search for the weirdest Cartado was great, Mei gave her maximum effort with her friends and Dodo, but when there was no time left, she found a big Cartado, although it did not seem so strange in Mei's eyes, for the people of Tarka it was and Mei is crowned King of the Cartado. The final part of the festival gave me a lot of laughter, because in the end the town of Tarka burns all the cards of Cartado that gather in the contest and seeing poor Mei hold the tears to see something like that gave me a bit of pity, but in the end Mei could be part of a festival that almost nobody can participate and the best thing is that she was with her beloved friends.
I loved the work of Inori Minase in this episode, I love the characters that are Magicians and have her voice, like Meteora and Mei in this case.
Mar 10, 2019 4:35 PM

Jul 2017
HEH! Cartado grows on trees? Haha what a joke.

Since this is Mei/Inori Minase's episode, of course the theme has to be everything Cartado.

The people of Tarka were fun to watch, totally worth it to see mouse-like people compete for a simple but hard contest. And also their small festival.

@jal90 completely agree.
@ShyGuyDY even though this show has a plot from the start, it's clear that the focus was never going to be the "defeat the demon Lord" theme, or rather the emphasis on the slice-of-life aspects. The true plot only comes at the last stretch.

While I agree that this episode is weak/toned down, it has never let go of its core theme of "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" (or CGDCT), not even once. Let's just hope that with the remainder, the staff will get back on track.
Mar 10, 2019 10:44 PM
Jul 2018
The Cartado song can't get away from my head. I even hummed it while having a bath. Amazing episode
Mar 12, 2019 8:16 PM

Oct 2008
Mei-chan really has deep respect towards Cartado cards!
It's hard to get legendary rare cartado..never mind mythic rare cartado but at least they for one star rare literally big cartado lolz...but all was burned as a part of the culture of that weird place...
4/5.

Mar 17, 2019 7:56 PM

May 2017
I loved that this episode focused on best girl Mei. This episode had the funniest line in the series yet. It was when they were falling and Mei said something like "I'm the type of person who could drown in a river and nobody would notice." I think it was the way she said it like it was no big deal. She is also more attractive than I thought when she was changing which really adds to her being best girl.
Apr 2, 2019 3:46 PM

Jul 2016
Aww, my Cartado freak can't be this cute, impossible not to love her ♥

But damn, that unexpected fanservice of her took me so off guard xD

As a whole. the episode wasn't as entertaining as I expected but I'm really glad Mei received that much attention.

And on a side note, seeing her singing while crying was just hilarious, easily my favorite scene.

So, next episode focused on Seiran? Let's see.
Apr 6, 2019 4:31 AM

Sep 2018
Episode without too much originality, as usual, which still manages to give smiles and make time pass in a relaxed and pleasant way. It was not boring even this time the narration, despite the plot is too simple.
Aug 26, 2019 11:04 AM

Nov 2008
Mei was already super hot with her panty teasing skirt but damn that changing scene

AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Mar 18, 2020 3:07 PM

Sep 2018
ShyGuyDY said:

"Oh no, the story isn't panning out like I thought it would, better score it lower now. Slice of life BS? I didn't sign up for this shit." lol, loser...
Apr 16, 2020 10:52 AM
May 2019
I really love Mei’s voice. Is it an accent? It just sounds so ~~
Dec 13, 2020 2:44 AM

Apr 2020
Cartado Festival! that was fun
Mar 17, 2021 12:42 AM

Feb 2020
What a cute episode! Cartado grows on trees? That was an unexpected twist, lol.

Mei crying while singing was so hilarious. xD

SerafosMay 7, 2022 1:40 AM
Dec 13, 2022 11:20 AM
Oct 2014
Sleeping hard zzz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2019

57 by itsChiaki »»
Jul 19, 2023 3:39 AM

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

29 by SoraKara »»
Dec 13, 2022 11:21 AM

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

93 by Guts-Valley »»
Jun 1, 2022 11:53 PM

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

30 by KhoaVN »»
Mar 24, 2022 2:51 AM

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

63 by animelover44322 »»
Dec 19, 2021 2:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.