Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2018 8:05 AM
Dec 2007
Prankster_001 said:
Swagernator said:
Don't disappoint me you have all the things to be a hit of this season.

But the everlasting dancing on the very edge of cliche is strong here.

Again don't disappoint me.

Yep, the moment i heard that weird name of that country i was like damm, here we are again.
for those who don't know Larsenburg-Luxembourg in real life (tbh it's a Grand Duchy European country) located beneath Belgium and Netherlands

Yeah except it's situated between France, Germany and Belgium. They speak mainly German and French over there too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 5, 2018 8:06 AM

Sep 2016
redhead-chan really makes my dick HARD
what a great start

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 5, 2018 8:18 AM

Aug 2013
Well. It's Doga Kobo, so it's only natural it's good. Main girl is great ^^
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 5, 2018 8:22 AM
Feb 2016
The whole animation is quite beautiful and I hope until the series runs out the quality will be kept the same. Hmm... there are each 4 females and males character that I wonder is it on purpose where they will be coupled up with each other or just a coincidence. I'm not even sure whether this will be a romance story journey or just a platonic friendship between all of them (mainly uncertain due to the title of the anime). Anyways Mamo's character definitely stood out for me (as his character always did) and I do hope I'll be enjoying the anime in its entirety.
Apr 5, 2018 8:23 AM
Aug 2017
So far it's not that bad, found it amusing here and there. Enjoying it more than 3D Kanjo. But, that "Larsenburg" still grinds my gears to no end
Apr 5, 2018 8:23 AM

Jun 2011
So this is Kiniro Mosaic/Hanayamata but in romance form huh? Guess I have to check it out.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Apr 5, 2018 8:50 AM

Mar 2016
Alec is pretty hot. Already miles ahead of the pure shoujo trash that already aired.
Apr 5, 2018 8:51 AM

Jun 2017
wow, they wasted a lot of their time doing nothing. theyre trying to have that blode guy carry the humor but hes not that funny.
Apr 5, 2018 9:07 AM

Mar 2016
How. . . convenient! lol.

Well, at least it was enjoyable!
Apr 5, 2018 9:08 AM
Nov 2013
it was ok , little cliche but ok , but in other way it just look like 20 minute long product placement commercial for nikon , (orange laptop was nice :) )
Apr 5, 2018 9:09 AM

May 2016
Surprised Tragedydesu hasn't appeared yet. This anime is right up his alley XD
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 5, 2018 9:11 AM

Nov 2017
That redhead should die. Totally killed my mood already and it's the first episode. My guess is maybe one or more episodes and this is gonna be dropped.3D kanojo is way better.
Apr 5, 2018 9:11 AM

Jan 2016
This episode got me to ask the age old question: How many coincidences am I willing to put up with in a romance? At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Tada and Teresa had magnets on them that forced them to be near each other
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Apr 5, 2018 9:20 AM

Dec 2014
hmm the first episode was okay let's see how it goes for now
Apr 5, 2018 9:21 AM

Jan 2017
Swagernator said:
Prankster_001 said:
for those who don't know Larsenburg-Luxembourg in real life (tbh it's a Grand Duchy European country) located beneath Belgium and Netherlands

I know what and where is Luxembourg, but i never heard the name they used in this anime.

That's why I made a joke about it. I don't know why they didn't just say Luxembourg it was painfully obvious that's what they meant. Its even in the MAL synopsis as that:

"In the story, Mitsuyoshi Tada, a boy who has never known love, is taking pictures of the cherry blossoms in full bloom when he meets Teresa Wagner, a transfer student from Luxembourg. Upon arriving in Japan, she got lost, separated from her travel companion. Mitsuyoshi helps her and brings her to his grandfather's coffee shop."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apr 5, 2018 9:27 AM

Feb 2016
Okay, that was quite a refreshing and unique setting for a RomCom imo. No Pussy Main Character, no typical Tsundere love interest. Seems like this will be a really GOOD Ride. Hope it doesn't disappoint
CrimsonWandererApr 5, 2018 9:30 AM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 5, 2018 9:32 AM

Feb 2011
hellogarry said:
nina444 said:
another trashy romcom anime *sigh

Wow, what's with the hate?

Anyway, this looks promising.

just people expecting everything to be a dark mature anime with deep plot
dunno what he even expected coming into this one, looks like a rom com no matter how you look at it, so if you're not into these kinds of anime just avoid it instead of unproductively whining in the comments
Apr 5, 2018 9:40 AM

Feb 2018
Well that was a bit of a letdown, most of the episode was just plain boring, and the ending was the mother of cliches, come on.

Hopefully it will pick up, although it doesn't look promising so far.
Apr 5, 2018 9:50 AM

Mar 2014
It was alright. I wasn't bored but it didn't make me laugh either. I imagine they will expand on the characters and the fun stuff in the next episodes because this one was introductory.
Apr 5, 2018 9:51 AM
Nov 2017
Im a little worried about watching this after watching the ending of the PV and it said I'll never forget this love. So i feel like the moment they get together she will have to leave bc she from another country right?
L-Mo-ReppinApr 5, 2018 9:58 AM
Apr 5, 2018 9:52 AM

Mar 2016
my worry is that this series may fall victim to the usual bad tropes of romantic comedy series
but so far, it looks promising
Apr 5, 2018 9:59 AM

Jan 2015
This was a cute, laid back first episode... It was fun and funny, and even suggested a little bit of intrigue surrounding Teresa. In that, she caught herself and recoiled when she first went to introduce herself, as if intentionally hiding her real (last) name. As well as the fact that they cut off Alec's reprimanding her at the crosswalk, due to some future responsibilities she may have. What, is she a princess or a CEO's daughter? Which could raise some eyebrows, if Tada-kun uses his photograph of her as his submission. Seems like an interesting twist, to an otherwise lighthearted series. And, I dig it.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Apr 5, 2018 10:13 AM

Sep 2013
Okay start, hope there isn't any ntr or sluts in this, you can never be sure with romance series.
Apr 5, 2018 10:50 AM

Dec 2015
This was really... insipid. I was expecting so much more from watching the trailer.

Aside from really pretty art, and Teresa's character design, everything else about this show is as middle-of-the-road romcom as it can be.

The fact that Teresa is completely fluent in Japanese, exhibits close to no culture shock or misunderstandings, and automatically gets along well with everyone she meets makes all of her intrigue of her character vanish, reducing her to the typical "too-nice clumsy" female character that we have seen way too many times already.

Her being a gaijin literally does nothing for the story.

Overall, it failed to capture my interest in its presentation and characters and I dropped it at around 13 minutes into the episode. I'll maybe return to it if the ratings improve or more people start talking about it, but right now, I have better things to get to this season.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Apr 5, 2018 10:52 AM

Sep 2013
somehow it reminds me of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Apr 5, 2018 10:52 AM

May 2015
Hibikase said:
This was really... insipid. I was expecting so much more from watching the trailer.

Aside from really pretty art, and Teresa's character design, everything else about this show is as middle-of-the-road romcom as it can be.

The fact that Teresa is completely fluent in Japanese, exhibits close to no culture shock or misunderstandings, and automatically gets along well with everyone she meets makes all of her intrigue of her character vanish, reducing her to the typical "too-nice clumsy" female character that we have seen way too many times already.

Her being a gaijin literally does nothing for the story.

Overall, it failed to capture my interest in its presentation and characters and I dropped it at around 13 minutes into the episode. I'll maybe return to it if the ratings improve or more people start talking about it, but right now, I have better things to get to this season.

13 minutes isn't enough to judge something.

Apr 5, 2018 10:55 AM
Apr 2018
Are there any similar animes to this one?
Apr 5, 2018 11:02 AM

Jan 2016
Funny how I never get tired of these types of animes. Of course, it's rare to find amazing ones but there are a few each season that proves them self to be quiet entertaining.

The first episode was pretty down to earth and nice should be a relaxing show replacing Violet Evergarden as my early Thursday morning anime.
Apr 5, 2018 11:07 AM

Oct 2013
Woaw I never saw a product placement so fast in an anime, not even 1min. Nice job.
Apr 5, 2018 11:27 AM

Oct 2014
Classic romance.
Well, I almost always love romance anime. So ofc I'm in.
The animation on the wind and the flying leaves are beautiful.
But I wonder how are they going to keep this level consistent?

Btw: I see. So there's a time when this girl might not be a Wagner.
Revvie-chanApr 5, 2018 11:31 AM
Apr 5, 2018 11:31 AM

May 2015
After the first episode it seems to me likely that this Theresa will turn out to be some princess from Lasenberg or what that fictive european country was called, even her character design is similar to princess Lotta in ACCA 13; and Magritte seems like a bodyguard figure beside her. Of course not only her character design makes me think that but those scenes when she introduces herself and you can tell she uses an alias and there is an another telltale conversation too between her and Margritte when they are walking on the street. The first episode had been fine until that irritating Kouro showed up.
IshitatesoApr 5, 2018 12:51 PM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Apr 5, 2018 11:42 AM
Oct 2017
Reina_Orikasa said:
Super promising episode 1 so far.

She kinda looks like Zena from Death March.

There are many anime characters that look like her ;p It's like a standard example of a foreigner girl in anime - blonde and blue/green eyes. But for me she looks like Asia from High School DxD idk ;d
shader301202Apr 5, 2018 11:49 AM
Apr 5, 2018 11:52 AM

Nov 2007
HyperL said:

It's definitely in his PTW if you see his comment in the other thread. ;)

And seeing the personality of Teresa, @tragedydesu will definitely like the anime.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 5, 2018 11:53 AM
Oct 2017
I feel like one might enjoy this waaaaay more if one has been living in Luxembourg. That joke with the festival, omg, I died. It's so true. Festivals are basically dead compared to other countries xD Calling it now: our blonde main girl is the Grand Duc's daughter. That "-sama" is awfully suspicious of it. xD
Apr 5, 2018 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
Name a colour of the rainbow!
R..Red!
The colour of the rainbow is the colour rainbow.

I'm done. This anime is amazing.
Apr 5, 2018 12:03 PM

Nov 2007
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
Well all we can do for now is hope that it'll be a good sweet end🤞.

One can only remain hopeful.

Karn250 said:
Are there any similar animes to this one?

Similar in what sense?

Caltsio said:
somehow it reminds me of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

The team behind Gekkan Shoujo is working on it so of course it would remind you of Nozaki-kun.
Coronavirus.
Apr 5, 2018 12:04 PM

Jul 2015
shanimebib said:
HyperL said:

And seeing the personality of Teresa, @tragedydesu will definitely like the anime.

i'll wait until it finish airing then marathon it

well ... from pv , teresa looks like an adorable deredere
also there is a red haired tsundere that i should try hard to ignore her existence
Apr 5, 2018 12:13 PM

Apr 2016
A good episode to start with, but all those meetings, Teresa and Alec speaking fluent Japaneses, Teresa being part of a noble family... The story's pretty predictable and the worldbuilding is too convenient to be true.

I'll continue watching. But might have to marathon it, since I won't have much free time in the next few weeks.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Apr 5, 2018 12:16 PM

Nov 2007
tragedydesu said:
shanimebib said:

i'll wait until it finish airing then marathon it

well ... from pv , teresa looks like an adorable deredere
also there is a red haired tsundere that i should try hard to ignore her existence

Teresa and Yui (Tada's younger sister) are both cute. As for Alexandra, she is just extremely protective of Teresa and she has her reasons to be like that. She is definitely hiding her identity and acting like Teresa's friend but the way she dresses up that are easy to move around, addresses Teresa as if she is her master when they are alone makes it obvious that she is being her attendee/bodyguard while Teresa is visiting Japan. She is actually quite likeable after just the first episode so you don't have to worry.
Coronavirus.
Apr 5, 2018 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
This is so damn cliche, plain and boring imo
animation is ok? i guess...
no dropping no liking
series 'til now 6/10
episode rate 5/10
Apr 5, 2018 12:46 PM

May 2015
Hmm..I'm kinda stoked for this one. Even if the episode had some cliche moments, the story seemed interesting.
Apr 5, 2018 1:14 PM
Nov 2016
It has that light hearted vibe going for it.... Reminds a lot of the same kind of Vibe that Netjuu No Susumen gave off when it started airing... The stories are totally different but that light-hearted vibe is the same.
Apr 5, 2018 1:54 PM

Apr 2015
I think I will enjoy this one a lot. I am liking most of the characters already, except Kaoru, find him slightly annoying, but that might change. Only bad thing I have at this moment, It's kinda obvious who Teresa is, wish they would have kept it a secret for a couple more episodes, or atleast less obvious.

Overall, Solid start!

Reina_Orikasa said:

She kinda looks like Zena from Death March.

Now that you mention it, that's why she looked so familiar!
Apr 5, 2018 2:11 PM
Mar 2016
Teresa mentions about her surname, so why did she used a fake surname Wagner which is hardly Belgian....that'a also part of Luxembourg or Larsenburg in the Netherlands, so what's her real surname? I beginning to think that Ijuuin might fall for Alec.

Apr 5, 2018 2:18 PM

Jun 2011
I'm really liking this show so far. Really light-hearted and fun already. I'm definitely already hardcore shipping Tada and Teresa, but I'm also interested in the other characters as well!
Apr 5, 2018 2:37 PM

Sep 2017
ReclusiveBeeBody said:
Name a colour of the rainbow!
R..Red!
The colour of the rainbow is the colour rainbow.

I'm done. This anime is amazing.

Rainbow Shogun totally needs his own anime
Apr 5, 2018 3:00 PM

Jul 2014
Well, the episode wasn't special or anything, but im glad we didnt see any stupid "comedy" stuff or irrelevant nonesense. I'm gonna keep watching it and I hope it turns out great (:
Apr 5, 2018 3:06 PM

Sep 2012
This is probably going to be my anime of the season. I've been very hungry for this kind of romance.
Apr 5, 2018 3:22 PM

Feb 2018
In the beginning this looked very promising. However, I feel like they're partly ruining it with too much foreshadowing in the very first episode.

About Luxembourg, I thought it was a transcription error?

The thing I liked most were those Rainbow Shogun scenes with the epic music XD
I'll wait some more episodes to judge. Liked it, but I didn't fall instantly in love with it.
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Apr 5, 2018 3:28 PM

Apr 2009
iliyanski89 said:
That redhead should die. Totally killed my mood already and it's the first episode. My guess is maybe one or more episodes and this is gonna be dropped.3D kanojo is way better.
curses you dude 3d Kanojo was made by the studio who made the disastrous Marchen Madchen and u said that it was good? anyway anyway i got completely sold on this anime and even i myself will continue watching this anime instead of that 3D Kanojo bullshit
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

59 by okiimal123 »»
Sep 26, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ReaperCreeper - Aug 8, 2018

77 by Seventy7Far »»
May 25, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

13 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 11 Discussion

12 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 10 Discussion

10 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 28, 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.