Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2018 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More outdoors fun this episode.

It seems they're trying to develop two sides with relationships involving Tada/Teresa and Alec/Charles. The storytelling itself feels kinda so-so tbh. It still feels a lot like the same thing happening over again including the photography themes.

We still got flashbacks as usual with similar reactions especially from Alec.
May 24, 2018 7:07 AM

Apr 2016
Episode full of nothing as usual.

When Tada told Teresa to not regret anything ... that was nice, unfortunately this is 8th episode so ...
May 24, 2018 7:46 AM

Nov 2016
We had some quality time between Tada and Teresa. About time they get closer.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 24, 2018 7:58 AM

Feb 2018
I sincerely appreciate it.
There are only 4 more episodes I wish they would finaly get some relationships going.
May 24, 2018 8:17 AM

Jan 2017
In my opinion, Teresa's "tragic backstory" was really lame. I was kind of expecting it to be that flashback, but I was hoping they'd do something different, something actually impactful that happened when she was younger, which made her decide to become the queen. But looks like we have Tada feeling guilty about his parent's death and Teresa about... making her friend cry once. Jeez.
May 24, 2018 8:24 AM

Jan 2018
This episode there isn't any new development
Looks like everything is going to be smushed together in next 4 episodes
May 24, 2018 8:42 AM
Jul 2017
Well It looks like every ship gonna end in a disaster.But still anything can happen in next 4 episodes.
May 24, 2018 9:02 AM

Jul 2017
Solid episode. It was better than last week for sure.

Got to see some outdoor fun and Kaoru was awesome as usual. He is just so much fun and the VA (Miyano Mamoru) is so great at portraying that.

Also got some backstory for Teresa but it isnt anything I care for.
May 24, 2018 9:07 AM

Nov 2010
Tada: "I think that's what it means to regret"
*P-pantsu drop*

Nothing much happening in this episode either...
Is this seriously an original series wtf
Rinji-May 24, 2018 9:30 AM
May 24, 2018 9:08 AM

Sep 2015
I'm sorry for Charles but if someone gonna have to be deprecated better him than my boy Tada.

The episode was good, but those background stories are really lame.
May 24, 2018 9:09 AM

Jun 2015
Nothing much happened in this episode expect for everyone having a good time taking pictures. The night sky they were looking at was pretty, so many stars. Tada and Teresa had had some quality time together. The backstories were not that good.
May 24, 2018 9:26 AM

Nov 2016
A relaxing episode this week with everyone going outdoor.

Nothing really that important happened, Pin doing what he does best. Teresa with more development when talking with Tada was nice, the best moment of the episode.

Charles goodbye, I wonder what Alec want to say to Teresa.
May 24, 2018 9:41 AM

Dec 2012
Another long painful episode with not a lot happening and being interrupted by that jerk of a noisy and obnoxious "friend" ... Charles can go jump off a cliff as far as I cane what the heck is it up shoving him into the traiddional hot springs visit and camping out? he is such a shallow and ridiculous character and to have him dirving the car is giving him far more power than the story justifies. The directing is once again simply awful. As for what Alec does or cares about I no longer care at all. She lost all credibility for frankly she is abusive and controlling and there is no reason to care at all. I am sure she is going to tell Teresa to stop caring about Tada and she will then tell Tada to stop caring about Teresa ..and the story will grind on to its inevidable boring and stupid ending. thank goodness.

for me this is a disaster of a failed series and it didnt have to be but we have been dragged thru so much shallow and trivial stuff that the characters no longer matter at all. The attempt to shove "cute' and "charming"..trying to make that obnoxious friend palatable or a good interjection into the difficult plot moments is just a total failure)......those attempts fail complextly.

a sad fate for a series that has only a few more episodes to cause us pain and suffering ..i cannot see any ending that will redeem this train wreck. And i really had hopes. in the end i am sure we only have our main protagonist looking at photos he took of Teresa...and grieving that he could not run away with her....for i cannot imagine the director will allow her to be happy and stay in Japan and get away from that Creep Charles...who is just as evil as any of the blond fiancees so often shoved into such love stories.

and please do not waste our time with that stupid cat again.

Too Bad, so Sad. On with older better series to clear this out of my mind.

May 24, 2018 9:45 AM

Jan 2012
And there it is. If Teresa wasn't before, she's now definitely smitten with Tada-kun. Question is, with just 4 episodes left, what's to be done about it? Is Charles right in saying both of their futures can't be changed? For the sake of this show's score he better not be! XD
May 24, 2018 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
Big fan of the storytelling this episode. The use of the cloudy skies giving way to stars as an analogy for Theresa clearing her mind was really nice.

Show has been cute, interesting, and enjoyable from the start and now that we enter the final act, I hope it stays that way.
May 24, 2018 11:38 AM

Aug 2008
Tada didn't say anything really profound or groundbreaking yet Teresa reacted as if she had a revelation. Maybe she's not an airhead but plain stupid... Oh ye, and falling into a damn pond surely is almost the same as loosing both parents with little sister to take care of. Writing in this episode was a pile of shit. I'm not going to put more effort into critique than writers did in this episode.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 24, 2018 12:41 PM

Mar 2013
damn it I just want alec to confess already she had so many opportunities to do so. This entire episode is just screaming ships/pairs it really shows which characters are into who. this episode wasn't funny but it was really good at storytelling.
May 24, 2018 1:06 PM

Sep 2011
Tada and Teresa shared such a nice moment, I wonder what's going to happen next since Alec most certainly realized it.
May 24, 2018 1:39 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty solid episode, finally some proper Tada x Teresa moment today.

I really liked the way they went and set up a camping trip just to see the starry night with Mount Fuji in the background. I need to add this to my bucket list...

Teresa's backstory slightly bothers me, it's kinda lame to be honest and doesn't really deserve to be compared to Tada's Backstory.

Charles has headed home. I wonder what will happen to this "arranged marriage". Hopefully Tada-kun will realise in time that he likes Teresa so she can stay in Japan.
May 24, 2018 1:49 PM
Oct 2017
Plot twist: tada is actually nozaki-kun researching his next shōjo manga
May 24, 2018 2:27 PM

Sep 2016
The fortune telling scene awfully tells us a lot about what will happen in the future episodes
May 24, 2018 2:43 PM

Dec 2012
i am not sure if i am reassured by reading posts here, as to what may happen. After all this is Japan we are talking about and people still love and revere the 49 Samurai, and directors have been known to destroy their main characters emotionally, and physically and then murder off the plots of their own series, often with glee..trolling the fans with happy delight. I can see Teresa and Alec heading back to wherever "little kingdom" ( I wonder how the Japanese love of the idylic small German Kingdom with a blond princess came from)....and leaving just photos behind for Tada to moon over.... and Director-san resolving NONE of the relationships in this show, if he works like God Himself and finished His work with a genius I have not seen any gleam of yet since Episode 2, I have no idea how he can make any of us happy except Charles....and Alec can get to be near Charles just by keeping her abusive bullying role of Tessa, and we can leave Tada in his normal sad state at the coffee bar...

I would love to be wrong...but have learned the long hard painful way to not expect much out of most anime Director-sans....they are an evil breed and rarely allow the magic to happen. They often just wander off, their hands in their pockets leaving empty dreams.... Ano Natsu de Matteru, Hyouka, and Amagi Brilliant Park all come to mind. I fear we may face such another fate here. Let's hope i am wrong.

Kimi no Na wa was such a happy surprise..Makoto Shinkai has learned and matured and understands that happy dreams have in the end the most to five both the Director/writer and the fans. And the fans sure agree.
CrisGer_San_AAMay 24, 2018 2:46 PM

May 24, 2018 3:05 PM

Apr 2009
Well this episode has Yuru Camp-esque scenes for now
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

May 24, 2018 3:39 PM

Dec 2012
ya me too...but Yuri Camp did it so so much better.

i kept hoping this episode might have some real magic to it... but we just have not been given enough "in story' proof of why things are happening... ..so it is like being told to ignore the man behind the curtain..... that wont work unless there is a really good reason to. I dont mean to be cold..i am GLAD if Teresa sees Tada and his really nice character....but i mean they hare really not spent much time at all together... well lets see what happens....

but it IS magical to see the stars over Fuji ....if you can ever see it..do :)

Chris-San

May 24, 2018 6:12 PM
Apr 2018
I had high hopes for this series at the start of the season, but after the characters were introduced nothing has really happened. It makes me sad because I really want this show to be good. The fact that a single night conversation about very little is the largest development between the two main characters kinda says something about the series so far.
May 24, 2018 8:01 PM

Jul 2016
RIIIIIIIN-CHAN! RIIIIIIIN-CHAN! Oh sorry, wrong anime.

Eight episodes and I'm still wondering... what did Hinako see in Hajime? I mean, he's annoying as hell and she fell in love with him just because... he "defend" her from a dog when they were kids... I just hope there is some other reason.

That aside, not so much happen here, except for the "realization" Teresa had, which was rather dumb in my opinion. Tada didn't say anything so wise or spectacular yet it was like she discovered the meaning of universe or something.
May 24, 2018 8:02 PM

Nov 2017
I think this series is just what it is,nice and slow,and relaxing.I never thought it was building up to be a major rom series,and it seems the pacing is just that,nice and slow.
I know it seems to be setting Tada and Teresa up to either be the main couple,or just a tragic pair who never get to realise their feelings,and I like it like that at the moment.
And this episode was just that for me,they are starting to realise that theres something there,but its being done nice and slowly.Just my opinion anyway.
One thing I would like to see though is whether or not Pin-senpai finds out who Hina really is.
May 24, 2018 11:52 PM

Dec 2014
this is an anime original, right? 4 episodes left..... are they gonna rush the part where Tada falls in love with waifu Teresa?

or this will end with Teresa leaving and getting married to Charles full of regrets?
urgh
May 25, 2018 12:20 AM

May 2018
naka_kun11 said:
Plot twist: tada is actually nozaki-kun researching his next shōjo manga

That would be a nice surprise.
May 25, 2018 12:36 AM

May 2018
CrisGer_San_AA said:
...Hyouka...

Kimi no Na wa was such a happy surprise...

Except that Hyouka is great even with uncompleted story (I think the books were incomplete at that time) and Kimi no Na wa is boring and bland. This is my opinion.

Sometimes open ended but good story is better that completed and uninteresting one.

Or with other words - people have different tastes. If you don't see the appeal of Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai just drop it! I don't like it very much too but your criticism is so off point...
Don't try to fit the show in your constrains what a good romantic story should be because they are not universal.
alshuMay 25, 2018 12:41 AM
May 25, 2018 1:13 AM

Sep 2011
At least there wasn't any melodrama this week. Although it seems Alec has been overreacting ever since they were kids too.
May 25, 2018 1:44 AM

Jul 2014
Well, there was some progress between Tada and Teresa, but it feels like the show is leaving it way too late, given that there's only four more episodes. Also, did we really need to see that flashback again? All that did was waste time and reaffirm my dislike of Alec, as that still comes across as her not worrying about Teresa as a friend but solely because of her position: it's meant to be a key emotional moment, but it just comes across as cold every time they show it. Also, looks like Alec is going to moan at Teresa for falling in love with Tada next week, as if I need any more reasons to dislike her character.
May 25, 2018 4:09 AM

Jan 2018
When this anime started it was promising, but now it's starting to get clear how painfully mediocre it is. There's never any development and the pairs barely have any chemistry. Literally none of them make much sense. It's still somewhat entertaining, but unless the last four eps are much better I don't see it getting more than a 6/10 for me.
May 25, 2018 4:21 AM

Jul 2015
Aaaayyyyy they developing the ships this episode. AND CHARLES IS GONE! The stars are aligning and things are moving in place. I await the happy ending I began watching this anime for.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 25, 2018 5:42 AM
Nov 2016
So, an outdoor trip leads Tada and Teresa to be closer to each other.

Curious to see what Alec wants to talk to Teresa about.
May 25, 2018 6:04 AM
Jun 2017
I like how they started this episode, by asking what is love for them. I am laughing at the answer of some of them. It made me remmeber what my view of love is during my student days - "that is everyone is falling in love with me the way i love myself" ... hahaha...

Another line which i am so agree during my teenage years - "there is also love that sparks for the first time when someone likes you". 👍👍👍

Now to the main reaction;
• Teresa's backstory of sadness- im not a fan of which, it may be true that as a child we may be doing some things that sometimes will made our love ones hurt (because we dont know what were doing), but it aint a large deal for it to be regret over and over again.

•tada's advice- "not to make the same mistakes again", is the REAL THING! as a part of human life we must learn from our mistakes and not make the same mistakes again. Its a sad thing when you still made the same mistakes again and again and again, that means your not learning from your own mistakes.

• SHIP- tada/teresa- i dont know if this will ever be develop with, knowing that teresa will be back to her own country and fulfill her role...

• alec/charles- i have a feeling that alec likes charles but sadly charles doesnt look the same way.

Few more episodes of fun and love. Lets see how this will end.
May 25, 2018 7:21 AM

Feb 2017
Tersa inner conflict its a DansGame, that was lame

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
May 25, 2018 8:02 AM

Feb 2017
There are 4 episodes left and we still have no proof that Teresa feels something for Mitsuyoshi and vice versa. I'm glad, I'm #TeamCharles and he is the one who deserves to be with Teresa. I mean, Mitsuyoshi is a good boy, too, but I like Osomatsu more than Karamatsu he's not doing much. He's like a sun during winter. It's nice to have him but he's not changing anything. And of top of that, I'm not a huge fan of "OMG, after two months I decided I love her out of the blue!". It's not for me.
Anyway, this was a nice episode, like you're saying, kind of like Yuru Camp. No Nyanko Big, unfortunately.
May 25, 2018 12:40 PM

Feb 2015
Another tedious episode. The romance in this show sucks and characters are so one dimensional. Where is the chemistry with the main ships? It doesn't exist. 8 episodes in and it's but one big fat waste of time.
May 25, 2018 1:53 PM

May 2018
Oh it's Blond girl's back story.

WTF is taking Pun Sempai from finding out that the Idol Hina is just right besides him all along.

That Kaoru Ijuuin is really getting in my nerves, if someone is gonna die in this anime I would want him to be it.
JiangHaoyi1979May 25, 2018 2:10 PM
May 25, 2018 2:09 PM

Mar 2018
CrisGer_San_AA said:
( I wonder how the Japanese love of the idylic small German Kingdom with a blond princess came from)

You mean based on Liechtenstein, right?

Still hate Charles character. I'm so happy he is gone back to Europe. I hope for good.
May 25, 2018 2:38 PM

May 2017
8 episodes and only now there is actual development of the plot, though most of the episode was about nothing as expected. The script is also very mediocre.

I was going to drop the anime in this episode but I guess I'll give it one more episode. I just have no idea what the director intended to do with this anime. It had all the elements to end up being something decent but that chance seems completely wasted now.
May 25, 2018 4:36 PM

Jan 2016
I thought for one that the episode was superb, it was sweet and had a very nice Teresa and Tada moment, one of the best romantic moments in recent time if I have to be honest.

I guess people expected more drama and stuff from this anime and feel like it's going to be rushed asf in the next 4 episodes. I really like the anime as it is, episodic with small hints each episode, seeing how Teresa gradually starts falling for Tada. The next 4 episodes will probably be something like Teresa avoiding Tada because she can't fall for him, while also having the other couples wrapping it up. A
May 25, 2018 8:02 PM

Nov 2011
Eh I feel like Tada and Teresa are getting there but it was a slow progression. I thought there would be more romance to this anime. Whie I am losing interest I won't drop it now.

I was really hoping for more Ijuin and Alec but alas.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 25, 2018 11:23 PM

Feb 2017
FireFistYK said:

The next 4 episodes will probably be something like Teresa avoiding Tada because she can't fall for him, while also having the other couples wrapping it up. A

Good prediction, as Alec will indoctrinate Teresa to not close to any man on later episode i guess.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
May 26, 2018 12:12 AM

Aug 2013
holiday498 said:
In my opinion, Teresa's "tragic backstory" was really lame. I was kind of expecting it to be that flashback, but I was hoping they'd do something different, something actually impactful that happened when she was younger, which made her decide to become the queen. But looks like we have Tada feeling guilty about his parent's death and Teresa about... making her friend cry once. Jeez.

Well Tada doesn't really feel guilty over his parents death. It's not like he directly or indirectly caused it. He just feels guilty that his last interaction with his dad wasn't on good terms.
May 26, 2018 12:30 AM

Aug 2013
So Theresa is starting to significantly notice her feelings towards Tada. Those eye stars and silent gazes to each other were pretty long and blatant. Though it seems like Alec caught wind of it too and I'm sure she'll try to ruin it like everything else.

We're 8 episodes in and honestly I have no idea what direction this show is trying to end at, and this episode is a perfect example why.

On one hand, they drops hints that Theresa might choose Tada: the rapidly growing feelings, her reaction to Tada's remark about not having regrets, Charles' obvious one sided feelings since Theresa sees him as a friend, the remark about the North Star helping them find their way back.

And on the other hand, they're dropping hints on the inevitable parting: Alec and Theresa going silent and getting visibly upset multiple times whenever "next year" is mentioned, or talking about what they want to do in the future, and how Charles remarked to Alec about loosening up since she doesn't have time left and "its difficult to break off their path". Implying that resisting is futile.

And then its a tossup on how they're going to tie up the other relationships.

Hina and Pin is the most likely to succeed. But they're really beating around the push with this whole not revealing who she really is thing. That's the only reason this is getting dragged out.

Yamashita and Yui could go either way. He's still fixated on that older girl who we saw once, but he's kind of had the revelation that it's one sided beaten into him a lot recently and he seems to somewhat acknowledge it though is still kind of in denial. And poor Yui, she's like low-key one of my favorites because of how cheery and animated she is every time she's on screen while also having a cute character design.

Ijuin x Alec x Charles is kind of a fucking mess. Alec x Charles heavily depends on the Tada x Theresa situation. If Theresa goes rogue and follows her heart, that leaves Charles broken-hearted, but also a free man. In which case Alec might have a chance is she spoke up. I think Alec is a massive bitch, and it pains me to say it since Charles is a genuinely good guy and could do way better, but Alec x Charles make the better care. At least his always bright and calm personality basically tames the bitchy beast that is Alec.

Ijuin hasn't really shown much romantic interest in anyone since he's a popular ladies man. Hasn't made a move on, or mentioned Alec in that kind of sense at all. I think it would take some kind of massive plot bomb to shake up that situation, like Alec is crying and upset over something and Ijuin just randomly blurts out that he loves her to try and calm her down in typical anime style. And even then, that's more of an opposites attract situation with the teasing x tsundere matchup. And again, Ijuin is a straight up great fucking guy and a good friend despite his goofiness, and I think that he's too good for Alec.

Also on the topic of Alec, as if I didn't make my disdain for her clear enough...I really hate her character. Part of that has to do with how they fucked up Theresa's "tragic" backstory with poor writing. Literally, all that happened was she jumped off a bridge into the water to get something, and got wet, muddy, a little scratched up, and lost a shoe. She came out of the water happy and smiling, no harm came to her whatsoever. I've seen 7 year old kids IRL do less crazy things and get more fucked up. And then you have Alec who treated that like she just cracked her skull open and suffered massive brain bleeding. And now fast forward she's got this weird, nonsensical PTSD about an incident that happened almost a decade ago, and now every time Theresa is more than 10 feet away from her for 30 seconds or more she straight up starts having a panic attack. Like that shit is so idiotic that I can't even wrap my head around it. Imagine if you were a kid outside playing in the dirt, and you came inside dirty and scrapped up, and your mom flipped the fuck out thinking you were severely hurt and never let you leave the house again or go anywhere without her? That's pretty much sums up Alec's unrealistic paranoia with Theresa.
Jonesy974May 26, 2018 12:36 AM
May 26, 2018 12:34 AM

Nov 2011
Not sure how i've kept up with this for 8 episodes. Dropped.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 26, 2018 12:51 AM

Jan 2017
Jonesy974 said:
Well Tada doesn't really feel guilty over his parents death. It's not like he directly or indirectly caused it. He just feels guilty that his last interaction with his dad wasn't on good terms.

Well, that's basically what I meant, but my point was that Tada's backstory actually makes sense and Teresa's feels pretty dumb in comparison.

Also, I very much agree with you on Alec, her "protectiveness" over Teresa is the thing that's ruining the show for me the most.
holiday498May 26, 2018 12:56 AM
May 26, 2018 1:42 AM

Nov 2016
So, what will we get in remaining episodes? Who knows, I hope good thing will happens...
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ReaperCreeper - Aug 8, 2018

76 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

13 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 11 Discussion

12 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 10 Discussion

10 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 28, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 9 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

10 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 28, 4:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.