Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2020 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm glad to see Myne accepting the role of a shrine apprentice. She still has a lot to learn but taking the step is a big responsibility. Lol, I love how she's trying to perfect her little pose.

Lutz is also back and continues to be her support. Honestly, this season retains the similar feeilng of the previous and that's a good thing since I enjoyed the first cour.
Apr 4, 2020 12:28 PM
Aug 2019
It's finally back. Looks like Myne servants will cause a lot problems for her.

Apr 4, 2020 12:29 PM

Jul 2015
I'm glad the quality didn't drop.

Her obsession to read books is going to be tested. Can she handle these servants?

Apr 4, 2020 12:31 PM
Forever Alone

Apr 2016
You can really tell that the same atmosphere from the previous season is retained.

I like the new interesting dynamics between the characters and really can see potential for the next upcoming episodes. Thought Myne looks like she'll have it quite tough for a while.

Look forward to seeing what happens with the discrimination that is blatantly happening in the church.
My opinion is the correct opinion!
Though I’ll listen to you for now I guess baka
Who thought that getting a job would be a good idea when I have anime to watch

Apr 4, 2020 12:31 PM

Jan 2014
She loves sticking her nose into trouble, but that is what makes this show fun.

Can't wait to see how the series progresses with Myne new apprenticeship and servants.
Apr 4, 2020 12:34 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great to have this show back for another round! Has three months really just passed by because I seriously felt like I saw Episode 14 like just last week lol.

Maine is ramping up cash like the usual and business is bustling. On top of that, she's got a blue robe in the temple and all of her demands met. That's as good as life possibly could get, and this is when trouble pops up.

Some stalking taking place too, I wonder if this is related to OVA 1 of Part 1's. Well, whatever the case, her father is on guard so I suppose that shouldn't be a problem for now at least.

Head Priest is pissed off as ever and those "spies" placed are definitely up to no good. Damn, that girl really knows how to play by the rules of the system there xD. Op suggests things are going to get messy inevitably though.

Speaking of the Op, it definitely pack a punch in the visual department and I reckon it's ahead in terms of the song as well so that's great first up. ED sounds just as soothing as the previous, so no qualms there from me.

Anyway, nice short return for Frida and her chef too. Benno-san, meanwhile, is as busy as ever and it's good to see Lutz one step closer to his dream occupation.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 4, 2020 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
Ascendance of a Bookworm is back!

Myne is finally a blue robe priestess in the church though from the OP and her retainers, and also the way she was being looked at by those random people within the church, she'll have to deal with discrimination.

That fat bastard of a priest needs to be taught a lesson. Myne scaring the shit out of him from the previous season wasn't enough.

The OP is very good and so is the ED. Nice end card.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this series.

Apr 4, 2020 12:56 PM

Jun 2019
I am glad Muse Asia airing this one again! Its airing in Youtube at 2:00 am (UTC+7)

Me: Hey my eyes, please open now! Muse Asia come back airing this adorable Maine!
And yes! I don't regret watching this again. Now i can sleep well again
Apr 4, 2020 1:03 PM
Sep 2015
I'm glad I watched OVA before this!
Apr 4, 2020 1:11 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So great that it's back, already a good episode
Apr 4, 2020 1:18 PM

May 2017
Great episode as always! Im glad we can see more myne <3 enjoying every sec of it :")
i love the new OP & ED! Can't wait for next ep!
Also seeing lutz and myne together is just too adorable, the way he always be there for myne :") lutz best boy indeed

livexevilApr 4, 2020 1:21 PM
Apr 4, 2020 1:19 PM
Nov 2019
Myne is looking good in season II - looks like they're not played around with the style and atmosphere of the show. The OP & ED are nice.

Just what I needed on the second Saturday of the covid-19 lockdown in the UK.

This will fill the wholesome hole left by Somali very nicely indeed!

I read the LN over the break and this season is going to be good...
Apr 4, 2020 1:35 PM

Nov 2016
Opening has a similar ring as the first one, but I prefer the former by a mile.

Was a nice start for sure, expecting this season to get more intense. And Delia = thot confirmed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 2020 1:35 PM

Nov 2019
I love this soo muuch. I am glad it's back
And i am glad i watched the OVA's
Apr 4, 2020 2:03 PM

Feb 2019
Yay, ok Saturday’s are going to be packed. Got this, Hamehura and Yesterday wo Utatte.

Feels like ages since we’ve seen Maine last. Last time we saw her she was going super saiyan and force choking people lol

Loving the new OP, nice new hairstyle for Lutz

“Do you have the right to ask, pretty sure you’ve been ripping me off” lmao I missed Maine

[We really do live in a society](https://imgur.com/gallery/hlnq2Tz)

Gil has Boruto’s seiyuu and blonde hair lol that’s a combination I wasn’t expecting

Overall great first episode back, everything that we’ve come to know and love about this series was on full display and I got several laughs out of it. 10/10. Saturday’s are going to be great this season
Apr 4, 2020 2:13 PM

Jan 2016
Ahhhh Saturdays are blessed!

The anime to my new favorite light novel is back! Can't wait to see a lot of things animated
Apr 4, 2020 2:30 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Cant wait to see her either win them over or wreck them.
Apr 4, 2020 3:41 PM

Nov 2010
Damn it is good to see Bookworm back, it seems my anime of last year will be a strong contender this year too.
Otto quitting his guard job and helping out in the shop to provide for a growing family is amazing, especially because we viewers know that Myne is responsible for that one (remember Ottos reaction after she washed Corinnas hair *wink wink*).

The gods are basically all German so if anyone is interested in a translation I could do that.
Apr 4, 2020 4:06 PM

Apr 2015
It's back and god am I happy to see it back!

A quick summary of the events from the OVA also flew by, kinda nice it was included!

High priest is still an ass (still hasn't learned his lesson after almsot being chocked to death) and assigned 2 difficult retainers for Myne! Let's see how this progresses, I am just gonna be optimistic and hope they get along pretty soon!

Endcards from this are going to be something to look forward to again!
Apr 4, 2020 4:09 PM
May 2019
This anime is one of my absolute favorite animes
The second season started quite interesting I just read that this second season is the last one, is it true?
Apr 4, 2020 4:14 PM
Sep 2018
loved the first episode of this season and cannot wait for the next on.

still don't know where to be happy or sad that the anime releases will out pace the manga translations in 3 or 4 episodes as i normally like to read the manga first then watch the anime after.

still cannot what to see where the story goes form this point.
Apr 4, 2020 4:42 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
For a premiere, it was boring as fuck.

2/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 4, 2020 5:52 PM

Apr 2009
Good to be back on this on finally. I loved the Main/Benno/Freida scene. The new characters(Delia, Fran and Gil) should offer an interesting dynamic I guess. The High priest still being a ahole. The OP/ED are alright. Looking forward to seeing where this season goes.
DreddApr 4, 2020 6:08 PM
Apr 4, 2020 6:22 PM

Mar 2014
Do these girls even know what being a concubine entails? Yikes what a goal to strive for...
Apr 4, 2020 6:36 PM

Nov 2018
Vysarine said:
Do these girls even know what being a concubine entails? Yikes what a goal to strive for...

Its a fantasy world after all, soo it might be diferent....But a peasant becoming a comcubine for a noble was in most cases a very good deal in most medieval cultures, they where treated like nobility, and in some cases their sons and dauthers with the noble where legitimate children. Its more like a secondary wife.

Between that and marrying some farmer that your family choose and having to take care of all house chores and children and the plague and whatnot, wich did you think was the better deal?
TougenApr 4, 2020 7:00 PM
Apr 4, 2020 6:55 PM

Dec 2014
Mind already in a pickle..hmm
Apr 4, 2020 7:20 PM

Dec 2016
This is going to be though for Myne :/ It's great to have this show back to action ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 4, 2020 7:55 PM
Jun 2017
Myne is back.. and her 2 servants and the head priest will cause some headache to her. Hahaha.. lets see how she can deal with it
Apr 4, 2020 8:06 PM

Nov 2008
First Frida and now Delia? There are cute loli concubines everywhere, and I'm jealous.
Apr 4, 2020 8:48 PM

Oct 2017
Ayy this is back and this was an amusing first episode. This will be another fun journey with Myne.
Apr 4, 2020 10:53 PM
Apr 2018
Here we are again! Main the greatest businesswoman in history lmaoooo. Just glad that it's back.
Apr 4, 2020 11:01 PM

Mar 2019
The First Season was my Favorite Anime in its respective Season without any doubt...

And this Second Season, had a Great Start too..

I Hope we get the same Aura from Myne and the entire Series like the previous season.

Comparing this first episode to all the other first episodes from this season that ive watched (more than 15), i can say that only 3 had the arguments to compete: "BNA", "Kakushigoto" and a promising one "Arte"...

PS: The Ending was so adorable.... BUT, i miss the 1th Season OP song, one of my favorite OP songs in the 2019.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 4, 2020 11:12 PM

Dec 2010
Really nice that this is back. Enjoyed the first episode, it really felt like a continuation of the first.

Interesting new set of characters.

Lastly,
Those beautiful ED cards are back... <3
Apr 5, 2020 1:24 AM

Jun 2019
I am so glad Myne is back, I have missed this show. It was my favorite last fall and from the looks of it, a good chance for favorite this spring. OP and ED were both alright but I liked season 1's OP a lot more.

It sure does suck to be Myne right now but she only has herself to blame for this situation. I still wish she would have never seen that library and became a priest, hustler merchant Myne was my favorite part of the show. I just love the way she does business.
Apr 5, 2020 3:26 AM
May 2012
I'm really happy about that first episode, given the flow the serie is going at, it seems season 2 will only cover half of the second arc, so the story shouldn't be rushed, which was my fear.
Apr 5, 2020 5:07 AM

Jun 2015
Oh boy! Looks like Myne is going to have her work cut out handling this lot!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 5, 2020 9:27 AM

Mar 2018
Good to see this show back, really missed this piece of gem.
Opening seems okay again and likeable! And oh, retainers and have to teach them the way and/or punish them when they behave.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Apr 5, 2020 12:00 PM

Jul 2009
Omg that little girl who thinks becoming the concubine to that old ass fart is a good thing is both sad and disgusting. Poor child, brainwashed by society.

Can't wait until Myne puts dem retainers in their place. Then again she's more likely to win them over rather than to school them but it would still be nice.
Apr 5, 2020 10:34 PM
Jun 2009
Nick4x said:
First Frida and now Delia? There are cute loli concubines everywhere, and I'm jealous.

Frida is a merchant apprentice for now. She will go to the noble's place only after her coming of age ceremony, that's their contract.
Apr 6, 2020 12:38 AM

Oct 2018
Finally, part 2 is here, I missed this anime, I enjoyed this first episode very much!

Also, the score is reasonable too, 7.85 is solid after just one episode
Let's hope this one ends up with 8+ too.
Apr 6, 2020 12:44 AM

Feb 2007
Ah, Delia, so not cut out to be a spy. Ambitious, but too honest, admitting her job right from the start...
Apr 6, 2020 4:11 AM

Jul 2017
Episode 15, and this doesn't feel like I've left the 1st half so soon (which is a good thing). Though I'd prefer the OST of the 1st half.

Now that Myne is officially accepted into the Library as a Priestess, things unfortunately still have to be done in succession to ensure order as how Tutti's family is concerned about her treatment within the Church's walls. Thankfully, Merchant Benno and Lutz are still supporting her that she does not waver off the wrong path.

And of course, the spying continues from Part 1 of the OVA about Myne and her business. Not to mention another Delia kid...

The notion of the Church, no matter how much Myne may have a different view on it, is still endangering for the troubles that come her way in her journey as an apprentice priestess...not to mention the class system within the four walls, starting with the retainer troublemakers.

Trouble is brewing behind the corners...
KANLen09Apr 6, 2020 4:15 AM
Apr 6, 2020 4:58 AM

Nov 2013
Leo said:

That fat bastard of a priest needs to be taught a lesson. Myne scaring the shit out of him from the previous season wasn't enough.

as much as i think the same, i'm almost certain his memories of that scene were deleted (didn't Ferdinand say something like that at the end of the episode?)
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 6, 2020 7:31 AM

Dec 2013
I'm very excited not only for more Bookworm but also over the fact that this is the first show where I've read the NOVEL before watching the next season. To anyone who's looking forward to this next season can I just say that there's a LOT to look forward too.

Can't wait for everyone to start gushing over all the attendants (especially Gil!!)

Central Time (US)
Apr 6, 2020 9:35 AM

Dec 2016
I can't wait when Myne will destroy worldview of her "helpers". ;)

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.167/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 6, 2020 10:43 AM
Jun 2014
How far do you think Tv series will go in terms of chapters?
Apr 6, 2020 1:03 PM

Mar 2009
Nice to have this one back. High quality isekai.
Apr 6, 2020 2:01 PM

Apr 2013
The opening's animation is ten times better than the first opening, that's impressive lol. First opening was mostly still frame or pan up and the like with a few character walking sometimes, here everything move except for a few seconds here and there.
I still prefer the first ending's song though, but then again ImO the first ending's song was last year's best ending, such a beautiful little song.
winddevil1 said:
Leo said:

as much as i think the same, i'm almost certain his memories of that scene were deleted (didn't Ferdinand say something like that at the end of the episode?)

Nah he said no words would be spoken about it by anyone, so he's imposing a gag rule for what happened over everyone, more or less. The High priest is certainly not happy about it but since it's for the sake of the church he can't go openly against it either.
No memory were erased.
Apr 6, 2020 5:13 PM
Sep 2017
SegmentZ said:
How far do you think Tv series will go in terms of chapters?

I think this cour will end with the Part 2 Volume 2 Epilogue, or equivalently web novel chapter 133. Can't say whether it'll get another cour in the future or not though.
Apr 6, 2020 8:50 PM

Aug 2018
Already a bit more than 3 months passed since the last episode (though the OVA aired inbetween) : feels good to come back to this universe !

Well Main entered a new world which doesn't look very attractive compared to the civilian one she lived in before.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

153 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 29, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

67 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2020

92 by howskie »»
May 3, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

92 by wildhood »»
Apr 19, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

90 by Kvistis »»
Feb 19, 3:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.