I started watching anime seriously since 2013. I used to only watch mainstream anime from late-2011 to mid-2013, though I did watch a little in 2010, like Inuyasha, Naruto and Bleach. In late-2011, I watched Cowboy Bebop, but I didn't like it very much, but then shortly after, I discovered Death Note and really enjoyed it. Death Note was also the first anime series I ever completed. I've also been watching One Piece and Fairy Tail since 2012, and Slam Dunk since 2013. However, I did watch Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Digimon, Flint the Time Detective and Astro Boy (2003) when I was younger.
Since late 2013, I got pretty serious with anime that nowadays 99% of everything I watch is anime. Basically, I used to mostly watch Western TV shows, but with Dexter, Breaking Bad, and Futurama all ending around the same time, I started losing interest in Western TV shows. I had watched at least the first episode of about 30 anime series between 2010 and 2013, and had completed about 8 anime series total before I joined MAL. But from the beginning of 2014, I stopped watching Western TV shows altogether so I could focus on watching anime and reading manga. To be honest, I wish I had gotten into anime a lot sooner. Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin and Hunter x Hunter (1999) were pretty much the shows that finally made me get into anime and stop watching Western shows (though, my first experience with Hunter x Hunter was with the manga).
I give any type of anime a shot, but I refuse to watch yaoi or shounen-ai.
As for my collection, with anime, so far I own:
- The Complete Series (Episodes 1-37) of Death Note
- Episodes 1-28 of Dragon Ball
- Episodes 1-39 of Dragon Ball Z
- Episodes 1-15 of Yu Yu Hakusho (stopped collecting)
- Episodes 1-13 of Naruto
- Episodes 1-13 of Naruto: Shippuuden
- Episodes 1-12 of Bleach
- The Complete Series (Episodes 1-26) of Mahou Sensei Negima (2005)
- Episodes 1-13 of Trigun
- Episodes 1-8 of Samurai Champloo
- The Complete Series (Episodes 1-26) of Negima?! (2006)
- The Complete Series (Episodes 1-12) of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? + OVA
With manga tankobon, so far I own:
- All 12 volumes of Death Note (+ volume 13)
- Volumes 1-34 of Hunter x Hunter
- Volumes 1-3 of One Piece
- Volumes 1-2 of Dragon Ball
- Volumes 1-2 of Naruto
- Volume 1 of Bleach
- Volumes 1-2 of Attack on Titan
- Volume 1 of Claymore
- Volume 1 of Blue Exorcist
- Volume 1 of D.Gray-man
- Volume 1 of Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
- Volume 1 of Fullmetal Alchemist
- Volume 1 of Fairy Tail
- Volumes 1-3 of Yu Yu Hakusho
- Volume 1 of Bakuman
- Volume 1 of Tokyo Ghoul
- Volume 1 of Pandora Hearts
- Volume 1 of Berserk
- Volume 1 of Nisekoi
- Volume 1 of One Punch Man
- Volume 1 of Magi
- Volume 1 of Akame ga Kill!
- Volume 1 of the manga adaptation of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
- Volume 1 of Mahou Sensei Negima!
- Volume 1 of D-Frag!
- Volume 1 of Boku no Hero Academia
- Volumes 1-2 of To Love-Ru
- Volume 1 of To Love-Ru Darkness
- Volume 1 of Shokugeki no Souma
- Volume 1 of Btooom!
- Volume 1 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders
- Volume 1 of Hayate no Gotoku!
- Volume 1 of Gabriel DropOut
- Volume 1 of Aho Girl
- Volume 1 of the manga adaptation of KonoSuba
- Volume 1 of Omamori Himari
Light novel-wise, Volume 1 of Re:Zero is the only light novel I own so far.
I'm also a gamer, owning an Xbox 360 and retro consoles like the PlayStation 2, GameCube, Nintendo 64, a chipped PlayStation 1 that can play NTSC games, and Super Nintendo. I also own a Game Boy Color, Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS. My favourite video game of all time is ICO.
My favourite music genres are Grunge, Punk Rock, Heavy Metal and Old School Hip-Hop. My favourite album is Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols. My favourite Western TV show is Oz. My favourite Western film is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.