I started watching anime seriously since 2013. I used to only watch mainstream anime from late-2011 to mid-2013, though I did watch a little in 2010, like Inuyasha, Naruto and Bleach. In late-2011, I watched Cowboy Bebop, but I didn't like it very much, but then shortly after, I discovered Death Note and really enjoyed it. Death Note was also the first anime series I ever completed. I've also been watching One Piece and Fairy Tail since 2012. However, I did watch stuff like Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Digimon, Flint the Time Detective and Astro Boy (2003) when I was younger.
Since late 2013, I got pretty serious with anime that it's now my main hobby. I had watched at least the first episode of about 30 anime series between 2010 and 2013, and had completed about 8 anime series total before I joined MAL.
I give pretty much any type of anime a shot, except for yaoi and shounen-ai, which I avoid.
The 1000th anime that I completed (which includes TV series', OVAs, Movies, Specials etc) was Blend S. I completed it on 23/12/2017.
The 500th TV anime series I completed was Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. I completed it on 08/04/2019.
As for my collection, with anime, so far I own:
- The Complete Series (Episodes 1-37) of Death Note
- Death Note: Rewrite 1 and 2
- Episodes 1-28 of Dragon Ball
- Episodes 1-39 of Dragon Ball Z
- Episodes 1-13 of Dragon Ball Super
- Episodes 1-15 of Yu Yu Hakusho (stopped collecting)
- Episodes 1-13 of Naruto
- Episodes 1-13 of Naruto: Shippuuden
- Episodes 1-12 of Bleach
- The Complete Series (Episodes 1-26) of Mahou Sensei Negima (2005)
- Episodes 1-13 of Trigun
- Episodes 1-8 of Samurai Champloo
- The Complete Series (Episodes 1-26) of Negima!? (2006)
- Season 1 (Episodes 1-12) of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? + OVA
- Season 1 (Episodes 1-24) of Shokugeki no Souma
- Episodes 1-26 of Hunter x Hunter (2011)
- Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni
- Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
With manga tankobon, so far I own:
- All 12 volumes of Death Note (+ volume 13)
- Volumes 1-36 of Hunter x Hunter
- Volumes 1-3 of One Piece
- Volumes 1-2 of Dragon Ball
- Volumes 1-2 of Naruto
- Volume 1 of Bleach
- Volumes 1-2 of Attack on Titan
- Volume 1 of Claymore
- Volume 1 of Blue Exorcist
- Volume 1 of D.Gray-man
- Volume 1 of Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
- Volume 1 of Fullmetal Alchemist
- Volume 1 of Fairy Tail
- Volumes 1-3 of Yu Yu Hakusho
- Volume 1 of Bakuman
- Volumes 1-2 of Tokyo Ghoul
- Volume 1 of Tokyo Ghoul:re
- Volume 1 of Pandora Hearts
- Volume 1 of Berserk
- Volume 1 of Nisekoi
- Volumes 1-2 of One Punch Man
- Volume 1 of Magi
- Volume 1 of Akame ga Kill!
- Volumes 1-2 of the manga adaptation of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
- Volume 1 of Mahou Sensei Negima!
- Volume 1 of Negima!? Neo
- Volume 1 of D-Frag!
- Volume 1 of Boku no Hero Academia
- Volumes 1-4 of To Love-Ru
- Volumes 1-2 of To Love-Ru Darkness
- Volume 1 of Shokugeki no Souma
- Volume 1 of Btooom!
- Volume 1 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders
- Volume 1 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable
- Volumes 1-4 of Hayate no Gotoku!
- Volume 1 of Gabriel DropOut
- Volume 1 of Aho Girl
- Volume 1 of the manga adaptation of KonoSuba
- Volume 1 of Omamori Himari
- Volume 1 of Isshuukan Friends
- Volume 1 of Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
- Volume 1 of Dragon Ball Super
- Volume 1 of Zombie Powder
- Volume 1 of Kimetsu no Yaiba
- Volume 1 of the manga adaptation of I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level
- Volume 1 of Edens Zero
- Volume 1 of Shaman King
And with light novels, so far I own:
- Volume 1 of Re:Zero
- Volume 1 of I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level
My Top 25 Favourite Anime Series
1) Hunter x Hunter (1999) + The 3 OVAs
2) Bakuman 1, 2 + 3
3) Dragon Ball + Dragon Ball Z
5) Omamori Himari
6) Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai + NEXT
7) History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi + OVA
8) Kaiji 1 + 2
9) Hunter x Hunter (2011)
10) Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita