Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 23, 2020 10:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, it looks like they're crafting the picture book together. It's part of the learning process and it's cool to see the kids all working together with the same goal.

The amount of selflessness shown in this episode is honestly inspiring imo.
May 23, 2020 12:11 PM
Sep 2015
I'm impressed at Wilma's artwork. She could open her patreon and can work from home in modern time.
May 23, 2020 12:14 PM

Feb 2019
As usual another really good episode of Bookworm. The world building and character development continues to be top notch. Maine is such a great mother figure to the orphans and is doing a great job of training them to enter the workforce one day.

I was a bit surprised that the kids hadn’t heard of pigs or wolves, but I guess depending on where you live and your diet it’s conceivable

The book came out beautiful at the end, well done to everyone involved :). I’m glad wilma’s development is continuing and she’s going to become one of my faves I can tell

It’s going to be interesting to see if Ferdinand continues to press Maine on her origins and if she’ll eventually come out and tell anyone other than Lutz. Can’t wait for next week :)
May 23, 2020 12:18 PM
May 2012
Kinda sad that they cut the discussion with the ink-workshop foreman. That would have been fun to see that one animated.

But it's nice to see Wilma's artwork, both for the woodblock, and the stencil version.
May 23, 2020 12:22 PM
Jan 2017
its so great to see her finally make a book and how much help shoes getting from everyone. i have a bad feeling tho that the head priest is going to meddle with it
May 23, 2020 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
I really love how they use music and the pacing in some scenes... especially when the high priest questions her about her education.

I wish the light novel translation was faster I'm caught up already.

May 23, 2020 1:08 PM
Sep 2018
really love this episode and cannot wait for the next.
May 23, 2020 1:17 PM

Nov 2019
This episode was sooo good
May 23, 2020 1:43 PM

Jan 2014
Aaah, so this is basically how he finds out she's not from around the town, and more from another world. Interesting.
May 23, 2020 1:59 PM

Apr 2018
Marinate1016 said:
As usual another really good episode of Bookworm. The world building and character development continues to be top notch. Maine is such a great mother figure to the orphans and is doing a great job of training them to enter the workforce one day.

I was a bit surprised that the kids hadn’t heard of pigs or wolves, but I guess depending on where you live and your diet it’s conceivable

The book came out beautiful at the end, well done to everyone involved :). I’m glad wilma’s development is continuing and she’s going to become one of my faves I can tell

It’s going to be interesting to see if Ferdinand continues to press Maine on her origins and if she’ll eventually come out and tell anyone other than Lutz. Can’t wait for next week :)

It's obvious that Myne will come clean with Ferdinand as that's the way the series started. What I want to know is what will happen after he finds out who Myne really is. He's not a bad person but he has an agenda and Myne will be a huge asset.

This will be more interesting after today, but at least Myne printed her first book. I cried so hard! I'm happy for her.
May 23, 2020 2:04 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
It's interesting to see how different shows deal with character's trauma. Most shows deal with trauma by having a heavy, brooding atmosphere that's only resolved as the trauma is resolved, but here we don't see that. Wilma's trauma, though far from overcome, is simply dealt with in an everyday manner, which I personally enjoyed as a matter of changing the pace from the usual (it's also important that they manage to do so without dismissing the trauma.)

It's also fun to see that an everyday skill that most of us pick up during our compulsory education, namely the skill of summarizing, is what confirms to the head priest that something is different about Myne. It's also a good use of the fact that she was reincarnated as a little girl and her level of knowledge is clearly unusual.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
May 23, 2020 2:07 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Sorry for the double post, but on a different note, did the conversation between Myne and Ferdinand sound weird to anyone else? My guess is that it was recorded in a different location as a result of COVID-19, but maybe it just sounded odd to me...
May 23, 2020 2:24 PM
May 2014
gaussian_ said:
Sorry for the double post, but on a different note, did the conversation between Myne and Ferdinand sound weird to anyone else? My guess is that it was recorded in a different location as a result of COVID-19, but maybe it just sounded odd to me...

Are you talking about when they were using the tool to prevent eavesdropping or when they were in the secret room?
May 23, 2020 2:28 PM
Apr 2020
Does anyone else find it weird why Myne decided to go with the story of “The Three Little Pigs” for her first book? In the light novel she wanted to publish the story of ‘Cinderella’ but was highly advised against doing so by Wilima, Rosina and Ferdinand due to the fact that it seemed extremely inaccurate and insulting to the real noble lifestyle and it would be seen as bad way of preparing the orphans for severing nobles in the future. Because of this Myne decided to make ‘The Children’s Bible’ instead. I just don’t know why they decided to change the story to ‘The Three Little Pigs’. Other than that little nit pick, I really enjoyed the episode and I’m looking forward to the next one :)
May 23, 2020 2:30 PM
Jan 2019
pinkdonkey0 said:
I just don’t know why they decided to change the story to ‘The Three Little Pigs’.

My guess: being "highly advised" would have took too much time - they are cutting lots of details all over the place as it is...
May 23, 2020 2:32 PM

Apr 2015
What a great episode!

Myne has finally made her first book in a long two years with hard work and help from everyone she has come across!!! That's quite a feat! This episode had some healing that Wilma needed, what happened to her really traumatized her! She's a great artist and glad to see she is doing so much better now with Myne's help!

Finally a scene leading back to how the series originally started in S1, can't wait to see what Ferdinand will do/say once he found out Myne's secret!!

The one thing that keeps amazing me is that every new character that gets involved with Myne, get that shine in their hair! Rosina now has it since last week and I am sure Wilma will follow suit! Just a small little detail that I just can't help but try to spot it if it had changed with any of the characters!

Endcard is great per usual!!
CeddyyBearrMay 23, 2020 2:35 PM
May 23, 2020 2:40 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
kshin172 said:
Are you talking about when they were using the tool to prevent eavesdropping or when they were in the secret room?

It was when they were using the tool to prevent eavesdropping! Nice catch.
May 23, 2020 3:04 PM
May 2012
pinkdonkey0 said:
Does anyone else find it weird why Myne decided to go with the story of “The Three Little Pigs” for her first book? In the light novel she wanted to publish the story of ‘XXXXXX’

No, in the novel, she first mentioned she had run the idea of the Three Little Pigs to the orphans, but that story was not received well because anthropomorphism is a foreign concept to their world, so they were saying it was impossible for animals to talk.
LN Excerpt:
May 23, 2020 3:11 PM
Apr 2020
daedalron said:
pinkdonkey0 said:
Does anyone else find it weird why Myne decided to go with the story of “The Three Little Pigs” for her first book? In the light novel she wanted to publish the story of ‘XXXXXX’

No, in the novel, she first mentioned she had run the idea of the Three Little Pigs to the orphans, but that story was not received well because anthropomorphism is a foreign concept to their world, so they were saying it was impossible for animals to talk.
LN Excerpt:

Oh yeah sorry. I kinda forgot about that line, it just seemed so insignificant compared to the Cinderella idea. Thanks for reminding me about that. :)
May 23, 2020 3:18 PM
May 2012
pinkdonkey0 said:
Oh yeah sorry. I kinda forgot about that line, it just seemed so insignificant compared to the XXXXX idea. Thanks for reminding me about that. :)

Pretty sure you should put that in spoiler tag, as it might very well appear in next episode ;)
May 23, 2020 3:27 PM
Apr 2018
Two years have passed, but they didn't grow taller?
LemonadeYou-kyanMay 23, 2020 3:30 PM
May 23, 2020 3:42 PM
May 2012
erinerinyes said:

Lutz and Tuuli have grown taller than in the beginning of the serie. As for Main, she has always been small for her age, so even if she has grown taller, it's not by that much compared to the other two.
May 23, 2020 4:23 PM

Jun 2019
Very chilling episode
May 23, 2020 5:57 PM

Apr 2013
erinerinyes said:

Myne couldn't even reach the door knob on the first episode so she's definitely taller and so are the other children.
May 23, 2020 7:35 PM
Mar 2015
2 years to make her book
May 23, 2020 7:36 PM
Jun 2017
Maine has able to finished her 1st book. Congrats
May 23, 2020 9:59 PM

Mar 2016
The scene of Wilma rejecting the child's arm bc of the shit she had to endure with that rapist asshole "priest"!

Good on Wilma for overcoming her anxiety and past and trying to expand her horizons with her art! She deserves the best ending in this series and nothing else.

May 23, 2020 10:50 PM

Jul 2017
Myne teaching the orphanage kids the classic tale of "The Three Little Pigs" seems conventional in modern times, but of course, in the past, it was very foreign and not very understandable. Plus the Church wouldn't appreciate such stuff, so a better plan, strategist.

And to cure Wilma's fear of men, having her to draw Myne's picture book as a way to overcome anxiety...but resources in the ancient age are hard to find, so back to hard labour methods to make and create once again.

Trying to hide her true origin from Head Priesty Ferdinand as a girl whose Isekai-ed is a very difficult answer, but back to how she was questioned in Season 1, it's a comprehension so tenuous to the rest with confusion.

And finally after a very long stint, the first picture book is completed. Wilma's art plus the numerous resources compiled, a good thing that Myne has come far since Season 1, congratulations to a dream realized "after 2 years".

Good work, and good episode.
May 23, 2020 11:28 PM
Apr 2018
Zefyris said:
erinerinyes said:

Myne couldn't even reach the door knob on the first episode so she's definitely taller and so are the other children.

Thanks for pointing that out. Guess I was not really paying attention.
May 24, 2020 12:21 AM

Aug 2011
gaussian_ said:

This anime already finish until 12 episodes before covid strike in the earth.
May 24, 2020 1:06 AM

Jun 2016
great episode! I'm really loving this anime it's so refreshing
May 24, 2020 3:28 AM

Mar 2018
I liked how they dealt with Wilma's PTSD. Not by resolving it completely, which would have been unrealistic, but by allowing Wilma to take small steps back into life, the first one being able to leave the orphanage. It was not high-end stuff but I guess the best one can ask for in such a show.
May 24, 2020 4:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They used monogatari voices effect at the beginning xD
May 24, 2020 4:47 AM

Jun 2016
cant believe this isekai anime so gooodddd
May 24, 2020 5:32 AM

Mar 2019
Great episode, she finally created her first book !
The great priest knows more about her secret know, it is related to the scene we saw in the very first episode
May 24, 2020 6:20 AM

Jul 2019
A peak Honzuki episode, if there is such a thing. The moment the finally put the book together was just so joyful. At the same time they have dealt with darker themes and helped Wilma to take the first steps back into life.

My guess would be that by the end of this the head priest knows about Myne's origins.
May 24, 2020 8:07 AM

Feb 2017
Didn't think about how hard and expensive making a press will be till Lutz pointed out it has metal in it, it makes me wonder if even Benno has the money to make one since it would need high grade metal, precision work and tools and a talented blacksmith.

The part about them not knowing what some animals are or how they look just reminded me of people in our age that also don't know what some common domesticated animals look like.
May 24, 2020 8:08 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this was such a nice chill pill of an episode!

Maine's dream has taken a great leap forward and seeing Vilma confronting her weakness was inspiring honestly.

Looks like the Head Priest is slowly closing in, meanwhile. How very interesting, indeed. I wonder if this season will end off at the point where the 1st season started at.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 24, 2020 8:15 AM
Feb 2020
She finally made a book!
I even teared up a litte, like Turi, finally seeing Myne reach this point.
May 24, 2020 8:53 AM

Dec 2016
She did it!! :D Myne completed her main objective by creating her own book <3 I'm very happy for her accomplishment! Also, Wilma is an amazing artist ^^ Wonderful!

Great episode as always!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 24, 2020 10:27 AM
May 2012
Luxeraph said:
The part about them not knowing what some animals are or how they look just reminded me of people in our age that also don't know what some common domesticated animals look like.

We're talking about young kids who never saw anything outside of the orphanage. In the novel, they go even beyond, stating that the kid had never even seen a raw potato, since all food they have ever seen were the leftovers from the noble's plates.
May 24, 2020 11:16 AM

Dec 2013
When you think the anime couldn't get any more wholesome it pulls the big guns, the kids smiling full of energy, Lutz being so reliable, Wilma trying her best to overcome what happened, even some recognition on Turi's profession all coming together to accomplish her first book.
May 24, 2020 11:47 AM

Jun 2015
This show, gives me them feels almost every episode!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 24, 2020 11:54 AM

Jun 2015
gaussian_ said:

Yeah I noticed that too. At first I paused playing and checked my sound settings, started cruncy again and closed all other running programs. I think it was deliberate. From your other post, if you want to see something wild dealing with ptsd I recommend Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka. Wild anime. No cute feel good stories however ;)
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 24, 2020 12:24 PM

Feb 2017
daedalron said:

We're talking about young kids who never saw anything outside of the orphanage. In the novel, they go even beyond, stating that the kid had never even seen a raw potato, since all food they have ever seen were the leftovers from the noble's plates.

Interesting that they also mention their lack of knowledge on other things but Vilma said she also doesn't know how pigs or wolves look like, don't know if she knows what those are or if there are even wolves in that world, but that's beside my point which is what I think the author was going for, some things we take for granted as common knowledge aren't just like city folk not knowing about common animals(I once had that happen to me with a cousin being in awe about ponies since she thought they were just made up things in cartoons).
May 24, 2020 1:33 PM

Jul 2016
I had a big smile on my face in the end of this episode, this show makes me feel so good. I love it so much!
May 24, 2020 3:31 PM

Jan 2017
Myne finally did it, she made her first book! It's funny because before I started this episode, I was thinking to myself "When are we going to get back to Myne and her book stuff?" since a bulk of the focus in the recent episodes were church and orphanage related.
May 24, 2020 6:19 PM

Mar 2015
I gotta admit I also teared up a bit when she finally completed her first book.

Ahhh I want the head priest to know that she comes from another world! !
May 24, 2020 11:02 PM

Feb 2019
Wilma's drawings sure are beautiful.

After two in-universe years and a total of 23 episodes (including season 1 OVA), we finally have the first real book! Man, it didn't occur to me either until Myne started remembering all her hard work and failed previous attempts. She's finally reached the first great milestone!

The part with Wilma was inspiring.

It seems we're getting close to the scene we saw back in episode 1 in the first season, where we see Ferdinand using some magical object to see into Myne's mind. Maybe we'll see it at the end of this season?

As for the pigs and wolves, I guess it's just that they've never been outside of the church grounds? I thought that maybe such animals didn't exist in this world, but I can vaguely remember a pig slaughtering ceremony from season 1 so I guess it's more towards the former.
May 24, 2020 11:14 PM

Oct 2017
It took her two years but nice Maine finally made a book, I'm happy for her.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

92 by wildhood »»
Apr 19, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

152 by AnaBanana-chan »»
Mar 29, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

72 by Kvistis »»
Feb 15, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

103 by FarCritical »»
Dec 26, 2023 9:45 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

71 by FarCritical »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.