Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2020 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh that embrace between Myne and Lutz ;_;

She's really grown up with her character role throughout this season, so much that she almost feels like a different person compared to the very first episode. Although up to this point, some character is still curious about her origins. Myne and Ferdinand's scenes were also pretty emotional.

What a season, just as entertaining as the first cour if you ask me.

By 'story continues', hopefully that means a full third season.
Stark700Jun 20, 2020 11:15 AM
Jun 20, 2020 10:46 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Maine has finally gotten the church issues largely handled, at this point the knights should respect her more, hopefully if there is another season it will be focused more on books.
Jun 20, 2020 11:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Absolutely good like the first one, more Ferdinand instead of Lutz but it was still great, we need a third season, it would be awesome.
Jun 20, 2020 11:59 AM
May 2012

It's too soon to say a season 3 is coming. That message could just be about one OVA episode.
Jun 20, 2020 12:04 PM

Jul 2017
The final episode of Season 2 (or rather the entirety of the 26 episodes in general), it played too safely, but in essence really set up the finale quite well.

Myne's final job: to disperse her mana to heal the land of trombe, and Head Priest Ferdinand's trouble to punish Schkikoza in the most obscene of ways to teach him a lesson. The task, eventually left to apprentice maiden Myne, truly shatters all logic and thinking, the same way her mana overflows unlike the norm.

Well, thank God that Myne came out of that ordeal all healed and well. My boy Lutz embracing her like the worries drowning him, that was a sweet moment.

For Ferdinand to put Myne into a deep sleep and investigate her past, the real-life dream world of her love for books as Urano (before her book burial and reincarnation into the ancient world). Pretty emotional I would say.

Nevertheless, Ferdinand understanding Myne/Urano's real intentions...but also being a tool to be used in the Church, the transgressions will be severe going forward. Looks like even the Head Priest is inexcusable if his intentions of keeping Myne within the 4 walls of the church are just solely to use her powers.

"The story continues..." hopefully this calls for a Season 3.
Jun 20, 2020 12:09 PM
Sep 2015
Wondering who'll married with Maine

Lutz is the main candidate
But recently head priest get very close to Maine
And we shouldn't count Benno out yet.
Jun 20, 2020 12:13 PM
Dec 2016
Ahh... lovely ending 😣😣😣
I hope another season will come soon
Jun 20, 2020 12:15 PM
Aug 2019
Great finale but I need more Bookworm. I really enjoyed watching this series and I hope we get the 3rd season since, in the end, it says the story continues.

We finally get to the first scene of the series, where Ferdinan looked into Maine's memories and she misses her mom. That was quite a hug.

Jun 20, 2020 12:17 PM

Jun 2015
I see they bringing up adoption again. Cant see that going down too well with Myne and her family. Looking forward to another season if the to be continued is to be believed!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 20, 2020 12:28 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This season has been a huge let down, either the drama was always too convenient and cheesy or the stuff happening was completely dry in entertainment. I was not a fan of the first season too, but it was genuinely a breath of fresh air. So much wasted potential.

3.5/10 for Season 2.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 20, 2020 12:31 PM
Jan 2019
phantomfandom said:
Wondering who'll married with Maine

Lutz is the main candidate
But recently head priest get very close to Maine
And we shouldn't count Benno out yet.

You do remember it's already been mentioned she can't have children with a commoner?
Jun 20, 2020 12:36 PM

Jan 2014
We've come full circle! Now time to see what'll happen next, as it's already looking scary with the idea of adopting her into a rich family. I hope there is a season three.
Jun 20, 2020 12:36 PM
Feb 2020
Ashhk said:
Absolutely good like the first one, more Ferdinand instead of Lutz but it was still great, we need a third season, it would be awesome.

I personally dont think i like this as much as the first season but still, it introduced some cool characters like the orphanage and the retainers. Something about it just feels missing though, like the first half was complete but the 2nd half of this season left holes. Cant really explain it. 8.5/10. This is the only show i didnt skip out on for every week.
Jun 20, 2020 12:40 PM

Jan 2015
Let's hope there is indeed a season 3 coming, this has been good so far!
Jun 20, 2020 12:41 PM
Feb 2020
begija said:
Let's hope there is indeed a season 3 coming, this has been good so far!

It seems like the story is really about to start getting good now.
Jun 20, 2020 12:44 PM
May 2012
They cut so much from Ferdinand seeing our world... How he marveled at the doors of the library opening, how cars and lightbulbs worked (he thought that was magic), Main showing him the real Cinderella story in the library... And how ashamed he was for Main when she went and took a shower while he was seeing everything...

They also changed what I thought was the most emotional moment, when Main apologized to her Mom in the dreamworld, saying how sorry she was for dying first, and never realizing how much her mother cared for her. (That's the thing which was way too emotional for Ferdinand and why he was forced to cut the connection).
Jun 20, 2020 12:44 PM
Jan 2019
Ellenwitch said:
it's already looking scary with the idea of adopting her into a rich family

Becoming a noble by adoption is actually the only way for her to be safe, because the green haired asshole was correct that commoners have no rights here - where he failed is forgetting he himself had explicit orders from a higher noble.
Jun 20, 2020 12:47 PM
Nov 2019
cchigu said:
This season has been a huge let down, either the drama was always too convenient and cheesy or the stuff happening was completely dry in entertainment. I was not a fan of the first season too, but it was genuinely a breath of fresh air. So much wasted potential.

3.5/10 for Season 2.

This is because they've chopped out huge parts of the LN and over simplified everything, if they hadn't we'd still be on the first LN and most people will have got bored - try reading the LN it's loads better..

As Season 2 is finished its hardly a spoiler so....

When they merge minds, Urano drags Ferdinand around the library and he has to tell her to stop and take him to other places, so she goes to a craft shop full of painting materials, and tries to explain the automatic doors, lights, airplanes, cars all work without MANA. She takes him to her school and jumps from year to year showing him the education system and a tour around the house where she has a shower, washes her hair and uses a hair-dryer, plus a lot more detail about her mother and how she knows some of the craft skills.

Jun 20, 2020 12:48 PM

Mar 2016
And the story come to and end. For Ferdinand, it sure was a big reveal to see by himself the place Myne came from, now he has more interest for her, and she's getting closer to him. Nice to see Lutz, he's always thinking of Myne and will be there for her.
The part when Myne saw her mother was sad, obviously she didn't knew that was going to be the last time she sees her, so it's understandable she regrets not say goodbye to her.
The plan for making more books it's already on work, Myne will fulfill her dream soon.
Something I think I may not like it's the talk between the head priest and that (I suppose) noble, I would like this anime to get another season.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 20, 2020 12:52 PM
Jun 2012
"The story continues..." in source material. If you want more buy and read source material because season 3 never. Accpet this fact.
Jun 20, 2020 12:58 PM

Aug 2013
And this great show comes to an end.

We got to see how big Myne's mana is with the ritual by making the earth that was devasted by the trombe all green. Quite impressive.

Head Priest Ferdinand looking into Myne's mind. Poor Myne, she misses her mother from her original world.

That hug between Myne and Lutz was nice.

I really hope there is a third season.

Jun 20, 2020 1:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Notifications said:
Ashhk said:

I personally dont think i like this as much as the first season but still, it introduced some cool characters like the orphanage and the retainers. Something about it just feels missing though, like the first half was complete but the 2nd half of this season left holes. Cant really explain it. 8.5/10. This is the only show i didnt skip out on for every week.
This is why we need a third season to complete the story
Jun 20, 2020 1:10 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
daedalron said:
They also changed what I thought was the most emotional moment, when Main apologized to her Mom in the dreamworld, saying how sorry she was for dying first, and never realizing how much her mother cared for her. (That's the thing which was way too emotional for Ferdinand and why he was forced to cut the connection).

They did change this, but in a way the new interpretation was definitely powerful as well, since any apology made in the dream wouldn't be real, but her changing her ways with her new family really showed how much she cared.

Here's to hoping for a season 3!!!
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jun 20, 2020 1:16 PM

Feb 2017
Very satisfying way to end the series with seeing glimpses of Main's past and Ferdinand learning it as well. Touching moment between them was also nice. Hopefully the message at the end of the episode means we will get the 3rd season one day, would absolutely love to.
Jun 20, 2020 1:25 PM

Sep 2015
The hug with Ferdinand is my favourite scene in the anime so far.. damn that might even have been his first time being hugged

“Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing that I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Jun 20, 2020 1:27 PM

Apr 2018
Considering how complicated this season has been with delays and cancellations, this was a breath of fresh air in this dark times. I need a third season soon before the world ends and we all are reincarnated in some boring world without anime.

By far the best show this season. 9/10 for me.
Jun 20, 2020 1:36 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
This season was a good ride. I'm a bit picky when it come to isekai, this really sparked my interest to read the light novel. ^^
Jun 20, 2020 1:39 PM

Jul 2017
fucking amazing last episode
Jun 20, 2020 1:44 PM

Sep 2017
Amazing last episode for an amazing second season

I really hope there will be a 3rd season !
Jun 20, 2020 1:49 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It's been another great season of Maine and friend's adventures. A lot of new characters introduced in this 2nd part but the charm of the show was at full glory throughout.

On another note, finally covered that bit from Episode 1 of Part 1. I'd a feeling we'd stop with that but I'm glad that we got a teeny bit more to end of a more conclusive note. Hopefully, this doesn't mean that the anime advertising is over though, that "the story continues" better not be pulling my leg because I need more of this show.

I figured Maine would be a bookworm to the point where it'd cause a bit of friction with her family but, good lord, that was heart-rending. She didn't even get the chance to thank and/or apologise. Considering we still don't know how exactly she was reincarnated here, maybe there's a glimmering hope for that but highly unlikely since she did technically die after all.

Anyway, that aside, a lot more bonding between the Head Priest and Maine. We got to see a bit of his caring and angry side at the same time, and it was honestly sweet. Maine's hug to top it off though, great stuff!

Maine demonstrating her vast magic capability was another highlight of the episode for me. Visuals took a notch up too which was very fitting indeed.

Head Priest conversation with the Knight' leader regarding adoption was a little random of sorts. I'm sure he doesn't actually think of her like that but it wasn't nice though. Definitely a buildup for future events, I'm guessing.

Seeing Lutz, Turi, Dad, Mom, Benno-san and the people over at the Church was really nice too. Certainly felt like a good closure all things considered but I still want a Season 3, lol.

Enjoyed this just as much as 1st Season, personally. It covered different themes and aspects essentially as one would expect from a sequel and it has definitely made me more invested in the setting. So another very well-deserved 8/10.
_MushiRock11_Jun 20, 2020 1:53 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 20, 2020 2:05 PM
Jan 2019
_MushiRock11_ said:

Head Priest conversation with the Knight' leader regarding adoption was a little random of sorts. I'm sure he doesn't actually think of her like that but it wasn't nice though. Definitely a buildup for future events, I'm guessing.

In the novel that scene is written from Karstedt point of view, so we know his thoughts, and because of knowing Ferdinand for many years, despite whatever Ferdinand's saying he realizes, and is pleasantly surprised, that Ferdinand has finally found someone he truly cares about. Because of his past, Ferdinand learned to normally don't trust anybody, don't get attached, and conceal what he cares about from everybody.
Jun 20, 2020 2:06 PM
Sep 2017
I really hope we get a S3 for this show - it’s so enjoyable! So many interesting characters that I want to see more of. Loved the hugs between Main and both Lutz and Ferdinand. I want to see the winter, with Main and Ferdinand spending more time together and getting to know each other more. In reading prior comments, I’m kinda sad that the “mind bonding” time was cut short in the anime. Would have been fun to see Ferdinand marveling over cars & hair dryers & such!
Glad we got to see a bit of Benno - missed him.
I understand Ferdinand’s reasoning for the adoption of Main into a noble family, but damn - that is NOT going to go over well, with either Main or her family! S3 - c’mon, lets get an announcement soon!
Jun 20, 2020 2:07 PM

Nov 2010
I think Season 1 did the adaption a bit better, but both seasons cut a lot of what makes this story and world so remarkable. In Season 2 it was even recognizable for someone that didn't know the source material, while S1 concealed the fact better.
For me S1 is a decent 9, with S2 being on the weaker 9 side, but I think the source material is strong enough that, even though the animation and artstyle are simplistic and the story is simplified, (lets call it) streamlined and lacking in detail, the sheer quality of the worldbuilding comes through.

I can't even imagine the potential this story could have with top notch staff (not to disrespect the people working on this) and a budget.
(Imagine this story on the quality level of Violet Evergarden ...)
Jun 20, 2020 2:12 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
AlexNG said:
In the novel that scene is written from Karstedt point of view, so we know his thoughts, and because of knowing Ferdinand for many years, despite whatever Ferdinand's saying he realizes, and is pleasantly surprised, that Ferdinand has finally found someone he truly cares about. Because of his past, Ferdinand learned to normally don't trust anybody, don't get attached, and conceal what he cares about from everybody.

Oh cool, thanks for the brief rundown. Maine claiming that he was all alone gave me a similar impression from the episode but thanks also for this confirmation.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 20, 2020 2:19 PM

Jun 2016
Damn I really like this story, I should probably start reading the light novel soon lol. IF THERES NO S3 IM GONNA THROW HANDS.I was kind of disappointed by the animation quality for this and the first season. I hope they get a better budget, but I must say, this episode looked really good.

You know, I can't help, but ship Myne and Ferdinand! Pls tell me I'm not crazy, they looks so cute together like wth.

I wonder whats gonna happen with the adoption. Throughout this whole anime, I was thinking "damn how old is she anyway" I'm not surprised by the fact that her family got mad when she got involved with so much stuff. They'll probably be super against the adoption as well. Isn't Myne like 7 years old? No parent would just let go of they're child like this...
Jun 20, 2020 2:27 PM
Jan 2019
Coriuue said:

I wonder whats gonna happen with the adoption. Throughout this whole anime, I was thinking "damn how old is she anyway" I'm not surprised by the fact that her family got mad when she got involved with so much stuff. They'll probably be super against the adoption as well. Isn't Myne like 7 years old? No parent would just let go of they're child like this...

They don't have a choice though - with so much mana she would be a threat to state security unless she goes to the academy (at 10 years old) to learn how to properly control it, and you have to be a noble to do that.
AlexNGJun 20, 2020 2:33 PM
Jun 20, 2020 2:34 PM
May 2019
8/10 for the second season
I really hope there will be a 3rd season !
Jun 20, 2020 2:36 PM
Jan 2017
i just love this anime. :) i hope we get a full season 3 im so exited. i hope we get to see more of mines magic next season. i do feel like she's become more prone to outside emotional outbursts than in season 1 where they where mostly in her head. i just love the artwork at the end of the episode its always so pretty and captures good/importand moments of the episode or things around the episode.
Jun 20, 2020 2:37 PM

Apr 2019
Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season (Ascendance of a Bookworm Part 2, 2020)
Season 2 seamlessly continues the story. Myne hits social barriers dividing her world's society, exemplified by the treatment of orphans and helps to kick off reforms of church and aristocracy. Deserves better animation, else as good as S1. (7/10)

Jun 20, 2020 3:00 PM
Dec 2018
Asendance of bookworm is one of my top favourite anime.

When the first season started and I read the synopsis of anime and thought mehhhhh will just watch first 2-3 epi to see and then drop but Men I was WRONG.
After seeing few episode I thought this anime was so refreshing and different from the other animes you usually watch like shonen action ,isekai ,ecchi , Comedy ,the Hype train of season (or sequels)

In first season just seeing her trying to adjust her new life while facing challenges and make other tools for book was(is) so much fun
The world of this anime is so thoroughly thoughtout the world building is great and the characters were also great and their interactions

I thought if anime is this good how much the light novel would be (I heard many people say that asendance of bookworm has great world building and so much thought put into it)

The Second season took it up a notch by expanding the world (especially in later half where I think I was watching like different fantasy anime seeing the magic tools and knights and stuff) and many new good characters.From all the animes of this season I was waiting for all episode every week

It is sad that season 2 has ended and not a lot of people are talking about this series

Studio better not pull the leg saying

"THE STORY CONTINUES (In Light Novel Go Buy that and Read it)
but also waiting for next season
Jun 20, 2020 3:08 PM

May 2017
The music at 5:05 dropped so hard... Need to find an OST :D
Meh...
Jun 20, 2020 3:15 PM

Jan 2016
I honestly really wanted to give this a 9 like the first season, but unfortunately, the last episode just justified me not giving this an 8.

Was it a good episode? Yea

But they honestly missed a lot of points in this season that makes the books so magical. They butchered the whole part with Ferdinand diving into Myne's mind to the point that his reactions felt out of character

The source material for this season is amazing, and the anime was really good with their limited budget. But season 1 managed to capture the magic of the books a lot better thanks to better directing.

Still, I'll really miss this and can't pray enough for a 3rd season to conclude part 2 and hopefully continue on to part 3

8/10
Jun 20, 2020 3:18 PM
Nov 2019
Myne has grown & learnt a lot this season. She managed to create her first book and is starting to move upwards in noble circles.

It's been hinted at but as she gets older and healthier her mana will increase even more. In the LN ferdinand admits she will have more than he does.

Unfortunately the gap between lutz, truli and her parents caused by her rising status is getting bigger and that the "adoption by a noble" has been suggested means I suspect season 3 might be emotional...
Jun 20, 2020 3:23 PM

Apr 2014
We finally picked up at the scene of the very first episode where Ferdinand looks into Myne's memories. At the end it says the story continues, I hope it's true!
Jun 20, 2020 3:42 PM

Oct 2010
weaker season than 1 IMO. Myne grew quite a bit but "child-labor the anime" wasn't so fun to me. Also was kind of a dick move how he synced with her without her consent.

I still hope for a Season 3, but no announcement right away isn't a great sign.
Jun 20, 2020 3:48 PM
Jun 2020
To be honest I'm a little dissappointed by this episode. The dream sequence was a lot longer in the Light Novel. I liked how they explored Urano's daily life there and her world in general, not to mention the last scene where she actually got to taste her mom's cooking and apologize to her for dying before her and prioritizing books over family. I never thought I would ever say this, especially because I've only recently started reading Light Novels, but do yourself a favor and read the novel if you can. This anime was great, a strong 8 for me, but it honestly didn't do its source material justice.

All in all there is plenty more of the source material, so there will hopefully be more seasons of the anime. Looking forward to it.
Jun 20, 2020 4:04 PM
Mar 2015
Nice ending Glad she got to see her mom It makes her appreciate those around her
Jun 20, 2020 4:05 PM
Oct 2016
Ending another half of Bookworm anime adventures. Really enjoyed this second season with Main. Our little book fanatic went on even more intense adventures this season. Becoming a blue robed priestess proved no easy task. Main had to overcome plenty of political and class based challenges in that world. Seeing her take care of the orphans was probably my favorite part. Main has always sort of been a caregiver taking care of Turi and Lutz, her parents, and especially Benno making I'm lots more money in business. But this season with taking care of them she really shined. Warmed my heart seeing Main care for these forgotten children. Exposing a racket the novels had built up neglecting the orphans but using them for easy labor since they nowhere else to go.

Her retainers this season were all interesting characters. Fran, Delia, Gil and Rosina all had great spotlight set upon them in the earlier episodes. I very much enjoy when a protagonist creates a sort of nest for other characters to be nurtured in. Main absolutely did that with her ragtag group of retainers. Along of course with the standout this season Ferdinand. didn't see him until the end of the first season but here we saw him a lot and I loved that. Ferdinand taking Main under his wing to show her how to be a proper noble in this society. Which is very dangerous for her since she has so much mana. Their relationship as the season went on really rose to the top.

Overall this was a great continuation from one of my favorite anime of last year. Honestly improving on what made the first season so great a refreshing. Main is a very unique sort of protagonists, doubly so with this being an isekai. Another of the best isekai protagonists there is, Main really showed how amazing she is this season. proving so many doubters around her wrong while keeping her family safe and finally making some books! Here's to hopefully much more Bookworm anime!
Jun 20, 2020 4:16 PM
Apr 2018
Definitely one of the best anime this season. My Sunday morning will never be the same way again without Bookworm. Need SEASON 3!
Jun 20, 2020 4:17 PM

Nov 2016
Quite delightful finale and decent cour.

This show is such a slow burner, but with the possibility of upcoming seasons it's something I fully approve.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

92 by wildhood »»
Apr 19, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

90 by Kvistis »»
Feb 19, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

72 by Kvistis »»
Feb 15, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

103 by FarCritical »»
Dec 26, 2023 9:45 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

71 by FarCritical »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.