Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 17, 2015 3:39 AM

Jul 2012
I noticed some things missing from the previous episodes, it's makes me feel like I'm playing spot the difference. but I picked up on a lot of the callbacks from previous episodes.
Jul 2, 2015 7:29 AM

Aug 2014
This is such an interesting show, each episode is so good
I'm really starting to like Ozu.
Jul 16, 2015 12:48 PM

Jun 2013
Somehow i keep enjoying this more and more with every episode
Aug 6, 2015 3:16 AM

Nov 2012
Man, the Endless Eights sure could learn from this anime.
Aug 13, 2015 3:21 AM

Mar 2012
Seems like little by little things are changing each episode.
Dec 1, 2015 4:17 PM
Feb 2015
I don't know why but I love this anime

Let's be honest, nothing special happens in it but I still enjoy it as fuck
Jan 13, 2016 4:09 AM

Aug 2014
Good episode but Ozu wasn't quite a troll this ep.
sup
Mar 2, 2016 1:14 PM

Jan 2015
The anime is getting pretty boring (more than what it already was) tbh.
Apr 7, 2016 8:27 AM

Oct 2009
Xenocrisi said:

LOL same.

------
You can't binge watch this kind of anime. I think my headache's getting worse and my eyeballs are gonna pop out. It feels like watching that Haruhi Suzumiya Endless Eight all over again. *cries*

Jun 10, 2016 12:44 AM

Dec 2008
Thug_Gou said:
Xenocrisi said:

LOL same.

------
You can't binge watch this kind of anime. I think my headache's getting worse and my eyeballs are gonna pop out. It feels like watching that Haruhi Suzumiya Endless Eight all over again. *cries*
This is actually harder to get through than endless eight for me, though honestly I didn't mind endless eight that much...at least I was more engaged in endless eight than this. I think I might need to take a little break from this show and come back when I'm in the mood.
Aug 17, 2016 3:20 AM

Jul 2008
This one made very little sense to me.
Sep 16, 2016 11:10 AM

Oct 2010
born2badored said:
The Van der Waals force!!! this seems to mean that the brush melts dirt away at a subatomic level, I guess u wouldn't need detergent

That's not what gecko feet do :P https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_der_Waals_force#Use_by_geckos_and_spiders

Hmmmmmmmm. "In the boundary lubrication regime, particles can be removed by both rolling and lifting, mainly by the brush/particle van der Waals forces." https://www.researchgate.net/publication/240668419_Fundamental_study_of_the_removal_mechanisms_of_nano-sized_particles_using_brush_scrubber_cleaning
Feb 4, 2017 1:38 AM

Oct 2012
What a horrible sukiyaki.. I mean Pocky? Donuts?

In the end no matter what
He still ended up meeting with Ozu and still stuck with that kind of relationship with Akashi
"Signature removed"
Sep 17, 2017 5:43 PM

Jun 2017
I love this anime.

Higuchi's song was epic.

p00p
Oct 17, 2017 2:29 PM

Nov 2016
Thug_Gou said:
Xenocrisi said:

LOL same.

------

I just binge watched the first 4 episodes and it's 10:30pm here. I haven't got a headache and my eyes haven't popped out. Can confirm that you can binge watch this.
Apr 1, 2018 12:33 PM

Feb 2018
I see I am not the only one getting more and more bored with each episode.
It was cool with the first 2 episodes, but if all 11 are like this, it's going to be unbearable.
Apr 30, 2018 4:19 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Another weird episode.
To me, there were definitly some rather melancholic vibes nearing the end, then suddently all hope is lost for the MC.
I dont really care what Ozu is anymore, eachtime I see his BS going, I feel like punching him in the face.
May 12, 2018 7:06 PM

Jul 2012
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
It was cool with the first 2 episodes, but if all 11 are like this, it's going to be unbearable.
Same here. This is like Detective Conan's fillers back to back. Nothing progressing.
HikaruKaneko said:
Thug_Gou said:

LOL same.

------
This is actually harder to get through than endless eight for me, though honestly I didn't mind endless eight that much...at least I was more engaged in endless eight than this. I think I might need to take a little break from this show and come back when I'm in the mood.
What made Haruhi easier to watch than Tatami was that it was so generic and normal (with all the cliches) that it was just easy to get through all the episodes.
May 12, 2018 7:51 PM

Feb 2018
Mayuka said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Same here. This is like Detective Conan's fillers back to back. Nothing progressing.
HikaruKaneko said:
What made Haruhi easier to watch than Tatami was that it was so generic and normal (with all the cliches) that it was just easy to get through all the episodes.

Man, don't give up! Trust me, every episode has a point why it is made like that, when you come near the end, you will realize how brilliant it is. Just watch it, and enjoy the genus of the creator of the show. :)
May 12, 2018 8:16 PM

Jul 2012
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Man, don't give up! Trust me, every episode has a point why it is made like that, when you come near the end, you will realize how brilliant it is. Just watch it, and enjoy the genus of the creator of the show. :)
Thanks! I definitely won't give up but it's hard to binge this Anime lol. I want some progress TT_TT
May 17, 2018 5:33 AM

May 2016
What surprised me the most in the episode is that Master Higuchi is actually on the same level as wall-tit Jougosaki. This episode looks like it'd be nice watching while being high but keeping up with Watashi's narrations would be impossible if that's the case lol

Ozu bamboozling and emerging from the opposition for the black thread of as always. To think that Watashi spent two years and 100k yen for a toilet brush just to carry the burden of generations worth of petty jealousy by participating in a prank war kek

He's just waiting for Watashi to fully realize that he's in a loop and find out a way to finally get out of that disastrous rose-colored campus life by giving that keychain to Akashi. If that keeps up it'd be very hard for him to pay the fortuneteller that's for sure.

Jan 16, 2019 11:51 PM

May 2015
Best episode so far. Time to take a break. It's so good I don't want it to end that fast.
Feb 12, 2019 3:05 AM

Aug 2017
Geez this anime stinks. How is this thing rated and ranked so highly? The only thing worth watching is the pretty dental hygienist.

I'll try getting through the rest only because it's a short series, otherwise I would drop it.
Apr 5, 2019 12:05 PM

Apr 2014
Okay, this one was weird but somehow still entertaining.
Aug 23, 2019 6:42 PM

Aug 2017
Rock-paper-scissors caught me off-guard lol.

I'm still amazed at how clever the execution is. This episode was more bizzare than episode 3. Watashi doesn't know what to do yet I think that Ozu is not a devil like episode 3, he is just a catalyst. Watashi will always end up the same.

NurguburuAug 23, 2019 6:53 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 15, 2019 7:54 AM

May 2018
This time we got some master-disciple thing. This is a pretty fun episode, the thing about the proxy war is somewhat what I like, but then it is a heavy burden for the masters. Love how they settle hard thing by doing rock-paper-scissors game, also the mystical tortoise scrubbing brush was an expensive one.

Oct 21, 2019 3:38 PM

Feb 2012
So the Brush is a photograph

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 8, 2019 7:45 PM

Mar 2016
A change of story for this ep (though technically every ep is different on their own). Yet again unfortunate struck on Watashi, being the successor of a long lineage of pranksters. His rival? None other than the obviously back-stabbing Ozu!

Seems like the old woman is somewhat aware of the time rewinding... Besides that, Watashi have some recollection of his 'pasts' and ofc Higuchi is aware of everything.
Apr 30, 2020 8:25 PM

Jan 2014
This is so boring ;_; but I’m powering through!
May 23, 2020 12:06 PM

Dec 2016
WolfWood37 said:
This one made very little sense to me.

S A M E H E R E

I still like it, though.
May 30, 2020 12:33 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Weird song by Higuchi closed up that fourth world
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 29, 2021 6:25 PM

Jan 2016
The rock paper scissors part cracked me up.

Also:
Fortune Teller: You must take the opportunity
Watashi: No
Mar 28, 2021 1:43 PM
Aug 2013
One of the worst episodes from the worst anime i've ever seen, makes mars of destruction and ninja slayer from animation look like a masterpiece. i read the synopsis for the episode, watched the episode and still have no idea what is going on. Definitely Yuasa's worst anime
~AnimeDownUnder~

Aug 9, 2021 8:20 AM

May 2018
The war was all settled with rock-paper-scissors xD
Sep 27, 2021 4:56 AM

Aug 2018
Most confusing episode yet I think, the whole thing just felt rushed and left quite a few holes in proccess
Oct 30, 2021 1:45 AM
Aug 2021
So this time Watashi,Ozu and Akashi become the disciples of Higuchi. And Jougasaki and Higuchi have been rivals for the love of the dental hygienist Ryouko.

I am so confused by the kind of "training" Higuchi made the trio do. Ozu becomes a backstabber once again for no real reason except to annoy Watashi I guess, by being on Jougasaki's side. Aand in the end Ryouko goes with Jougasaki, the perverted bastard.

I don't get why Watashi doesn't return that doll to Akashi. I wonder what the doll represents.
Feb 10, 2022 3:52 AM

Oct 2020
My favourite episode so far. I just love how dramatic and over the top this anime is lol. And I didn't expect that Rock paper scissors, it was epic!
Higuchi's singing was marvelous!

4/5 episode.

"FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" - Gyro Zeppeli
Mar 14, 2022 1:00 PM

Aug 2012
In terms of story, characters, messages/themes, this was my least favourite so far but when it came to great uses of the animation medium, this stands pretty high up there.

The way they displayed the Proxy-Proxy war with the generations before here above them made the gag where Watashi ran away with all those previous participants falling down pretty funny. The constant way they incorporated the scrub didn't always land for me, but the sequence where it replaces the lights, occasionally with a face telling them where to search next, was a pretty clever way of showing their journey in a more visually interesting way.

Higuchi's song is one of my favourite scenes of the show, fantastic grand visuals, the song itself sounds pretty good, and the lyrics clearly relate to the show's general structure and Watashi's plight. That, and the nature of the proxy war are the only real parts of this episode that seems to speak to the over-arcing story, which does make me wonder if my opinion on this episode will be all the much higher once I finish it. Though I did like this episode, just not as much as the first three.
May 7, 2022 10:24 AM

Feb 2021
Oh man all that 100,000 JPY wasted for a stupid brush.

I think the moment senpai mc is satisfied with the club/situation he's in, he'll have an end to these different timelines/pasts.

The master/matrimonial god can sure sing though

Sep 23, 2022 11:57 PM
Jul 2021
Overall not as good as the first 2 but some of the visual comedy in this one was fantastic.
Aug 21, 2023 11:12 AM

Aug 2022
The most absurd episode yet.
Feb 1, 3:22 AM

Nov 2009
I just don't get this at all, feels very much like something made for a specific audience.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 3, 2010

98 by haydnwright »»
Apr 21, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

92 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 12, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

controlmajortom - May 6, 2010

127 by blinddig »»
Apr 10, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2010

151 by MalcomHater »»
Mar 23, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

dbaranyi - Jun 24, 2010

133 by DgenxZ »»
Oct 21, 2023 5:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.