Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 1, 2014 12:23 PM

Feb 2011
so, there are strict rules which lead to making the transgressor "going missing", which applies to anyone even, and mostly, childrens
tecnology is kept limited only for few to use
too many forbidden things to do, see and even mention
the chances of the "committee" being a fair government seems slimmer with each episode passing

hope that collar will be of some use against those "cats"

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 11, 2014 4:41 PM

May 2009
The drop in quality this show has suffered after episode four has been mind-boggling. Not only the animation, but the directing as well.

It's very clear that they didn't put a lot of money into this. As someone already mentioned, this show came out around the same time as Sword Art Online did, and both shows were produced by A-1 Pictures. So, you can easily guess that SAO, which looks absolutely gorgeous in comparison, was allocated the majority of resources (budget, talented staff etc.), whereas Shinsekai just had to make do with whatever was left.

I might be mistaken in the above assertion, but it does make a lot of sense.
Sep 14, 2014 9:40 AM

May 2014
Sickly_Grin said:
The drop in quality this show has suffered after episode four has been mind-boggling. Not only the animation, but the directing as well.

It's very clear that they didn't put a lot of money into this. As someone already mentioned, this show came out around the same time as Sword Art Online did, and both shows were produced by A-1 Pictures. So, you can easily guess that SAO, which looks absolutely gorgeous in comparison, was allocated the majority of resources (budget, talented staff etc.), whereas Shinsekai just had to make do with whatever was left.

I might be mistaken in the above assertion, but it does make a lot of sense.
are you watching the shitty tv airing edition of the show or bluray?

comparison here: http://www.kira-reviews.com/blog/archives/13656

im rewatching the blurays since they were released and subbed not too long ago, and the art is fine
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Sep 19, 2014 12:59 AM

Sep 2011
Wait, they know how lions look like? How? Wasn't all the old literature forbidden or something like that?
Sep 30, 2014 9:46 AM

Jan 2014
Wow. Getting even more interesting ^^
Oct 31, 2014 9:09 PM

Sep 2014
Maria surprised the crap out of me when she appeared at the window.

And I wonder how Saki's going to get out of the situation with the cat with high heels.
Jan 27, 2015 1:04 PM

Feb 2014
Interesting revelations but Saki was extremely obnoxious, more than usually. Just how stupid can one little girl be?
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Feb 27, 2015 12:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This show really manages to create a mood of horror and foreboding. That ending couple with Shun's disappeareance and Saki remembering she had a sibling.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 20, 2015 8:11 PM

Oct 2013
I only barely understand what's going on, but this show is a lot better when it's mysterious.

I still have no clue what a "karmic demon" is supposed to be either.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 5, 2015 10:57 AM

Oct 2013
Wow...this was a great episode! And damn, what a cliff hanger in the end!

I feel bad for all those who gave up on this anime because of the previous episode :)
Jun 7, 2015 11:36 PM

Jan 2010

Holy crap that was intense.

I don't think I've mentioned this, but I'm loving the visuals in this show. They're really going all out to create this hollow-but-not-quite-empty otherworldly atmosphere. It's like questioning what's in a mysterious box. All you can do is rattle it around, but what's inside could very well be something horrifying, yet without knowing, it's hard to stave away curiosity. In addition, so far there's just so many layers of mysteries being added on one after another. To be honest, I've already lost track of the original premise of the show. Instead, I'm just going along with the latest thing driving the plot, but at least it's working. It almost reminds me of Casshern Sins, which is something I've also greatly enjoyed. Good stuff so far.
Jun 24, 2015 1:31 AM
Dec 2011
good god this village is nuts i mean feeding kids to cats??? what going on? is this the only way? but i love shun.oh my god i have a bad feeling... and i love saki she has always been so gutsy and clever to catch up with info and act quick i love her :3
Jul 1, 2015 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
This is getting really interesting! I'm glad because ep. 1-8 were kind of hard to sit through tbh
Excited to see more!
Jul 19, 2015 4:02 PM

Nov 2013
I like the scene when maria's sillhouette's appeared behind the window,..
that gave me goosebumps...
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jul 22, 2015 3:38 AM

Sep 2013
The security sure is lax especially in the inner yard. I cant wait for Shun's death.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 24, 2015 3:27 AM

May 2010
I am not that surprised tbh. It was foreshadowed that Saki used to have a sibling before. Similarly, Shun turning into a karma demon was somewhat foreshadowed in episode 2. The story of the boy who turned into a karma demon, he looked similar to Shun and from what I could understand, had a similar personality to Shun i.e. Shun's actual personality.

Still, a great episode.
Sep 12, 2015 3:13 PM

Jan 2013
Suddenly got a bit darker.
Saki remembers her sister after her mother unintentionally mentions it again.

Shun is about to die, if not already.
Saki comes into contact with one of the kitty cats

rizqyfadly said:
I like the scene when maria's sillhouette's appeared behind the window,..
that gave me goosebumps...
Yeah looked kinda scary.
Sep 29, 2015 8:20 AM

Jul 2014
Holy cow the world they live in is just messed up.
How do I signature?
Sep 30, 2015 5:13 AM
Jun 2014
I would say the pacing is slow, but its really just they've made the main characters too stupid to react properly to what's going on. It's nice that finally Saki has some agency to her actions and might finally address the whole "kids disappearing and dying might not be okay" thing. If the show is on track now, this story could become amazing.
Feb 8, 2016 12:21 PM

Jun 2015
Although I hate wimpy mc's and like characters who get down to business this mc seems a bit....forward. Like seriously I would've given up searching looking for Shun and try to live a quiet life with my parents and that sexy redhead girl.
Feb 19, 2016 5:24 PM

Jan 2008
This society is so fucked up. It's like living under a dictatorship.
Mar 18, 2016 8:40 AM

May 2015
meow ω(=^・^=)ω
Mar 29, 2016 8:43 AM

Mar 2010
Awesome episode, the action is picking up. I wonder how Saki will fare against the cat. Maybe the necklace will protect her?
Apr 1, 2016 7:17 AM
May 2012
Its feet looks like high heels haha.
Shun sounds badass right now.
Jun 11, 2016 11:06 PM

Sep 2011
Things are moving fast. I can't believe that I forgot about this anime for awhile!!
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Aug 14, 2016 10:30 AM
May 2010
It honestly makes a lot of sense that they're getting rid of children that don't seem to manifest their powers and children that turn off the set path. Given the amount of destruction one of them can cause, it's no wonder that a single bad apple doesn't only spoil the bunch, but could end up eradicating their society completely. Shun by himself might have killed everyone in pinewood village. To avoid the risk of this kind of thing occurring, I think that everyone is more or less aware of why children vanish. It's too dangerous to have children that don't conform to what they want to teach them, and with the abilty to manipulate things at will, think of how they might start to feel disillusion regarding them being gods themselves.

They can't keep this kind of thing in the light either, as it might cause people to plot against them. For all we know, this is the last bastion on earth where humans still live.
Aug 20, 2016 4:10 AM

Mar 2015
Definitely Shun was taken by the cat.

The suspense at the last part were great too.

3.2/5
Sep 13, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2015
I love how HanaKana's character flies. It's simply amazing.

Anyway, I thought Shun would be strong enough to kill the cats?

Oct 14, 2016 11:53 AM

Sep 2013
Meh....a bit slow-paced for my taste

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 3, 2016 3:05 AM

Jul 2008
Good god just how far are these ethics people going to go and for what?!
Nov 3, 2016 3:09 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Elite60 said:

I must say this series has some of most unique creatures.

They are soo ugly, and how the hell can they kill humans with PS powers, if the adults could restain them with such powers?!

Very atmospheric episode, that ending was "oh shit"...
Nov 25, 2016 9:42 PM

Aug 2016
OK at last after 9 episode, AT A VERY LONG LAST things get interesting
hope the tension increases in the next episode.....
I WANT FIGHT SCENE WITH THE CAT!!!
Jan 8, 2017 4:03 PM
Feb 2015
Phew, I barely survived this episode, just too much pressure for me
Jan 30, 2017 3:03 PM
Jun 2014
Finally it got really interesting. Can't wait to watch more after school tomorrow, and I really hope it just gets better from here! ^^
Feb 19, 2017 2:01 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty good episode if it comes to story.

Sickly_Grin said:
The drop in quality this show has suffered after episode four has been mind-boggling.

Art quality, art direction, awful use of 3DCG. Yeah, It looks really bad.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 2, 2017 5:00 AM

Nov 2016
I zoned out for probably about 1/4 of the episode. Didn't really catch my attention much.. I want to really like this anime so I'll continue for now.
Jun 16, 2017 10:25 PM

Sep 2014
Another friend gone. Ep 9.

Plot:Shun has been missing for days so the others try to find him. However certain events make things more difficult and haunting, such as the disappearance of a village, kids from Shun's old school disappearing as well, and most damning of all. An old gone child called Yoshimi, and the school being the ones in control of the trickster Cat and behind SHun's disappearance.

In the end, Saki goes in search of Shun at his home in Pinewind and runs afoul of the Cat.

Character: Lots going on here. Saki's world continues to spiral as uncomfortable truths and memories come back. The fact that its just her that goes full adventure into the unknown shows her bravery shines brightest.

Satoru's losing his cool as usual but he does light a fire under everyone when they need it. They need to find out what happened to their friend.

The adults man. They make me sick.

Animation/sound: The melancholy where Satoru and Saki sit together hits home the depression of losing a close childhood friend and the helplessness of not knowing what to do. The reveal of the trickster cat was especially horrifying.

5/5. It's a grim picture forming and I dread where Saki will end up.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jun 29, 2017 6:03 PM

Nov 2016
I'm still loving the dark and mysterious atmosphere of this anime.

As I thought Saki wasn't an only child.

Shun is about to become a Karmademon, but the adults want to prevent that and therefore they are sending a Tainted Cat after him.

I know they just want to protect their village, but that's just messed up,who knows how many teens were already killed that way. Even though they are a civilized society they are behaving like people back then imo.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2017 3:05 PM

Jul 2009
Loads of new info this week. Shun's turning into a karma demon - do we know why/how? I don't really remember what the library thing said. Not to mention Saki used to have an older sister who is "gone", did she lose her memory (or have it erased)? I thought the scene with her parents was very telling, they're obviously worried and have to follow the rules or something will happen. The adults are sending Tainted Cats after ... someone (Shun?). Well good thing Saki has that collar that Shun gave her to protect her huh, especially considering she's right up close to one at the end :P Hm, is that demon Shun we see in the preview? Either way how are they gonna get him back ... we shall see :P
Oct 31, 2017 5:25 AM

Jun 2013
I can't believe Saki is fucking dead!

Jokes aside... Well, I guess I may have been wrong about some things. I don't mind, but I didn't want Shun to die... The episode was better, and I appreciate that we didn't linger too long in the "safe zone", like in the previous episode, and instead we're now back in action.
Feb 11, 2018 10:44 AM

Aug 2017
Intense episode. We know more about the cats. I was thinking that only Shun disappeared, not the whole town. That was a good plot twist. 4/5
NurguburuFeb 11, 2018 11:00 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 15, 2018 8:30 AM

May 2016
Finally some action happened man Saki's parents are really annoying hiding everything from there daughter.
May 9, 2018 3:11 PM

Jan 2018
Oh shit! She's fucked!

Dec 19, 2018 3:31 AM

May 2013
He looks cute and kinda harmless lol X)
Feb 21, 2019 5:17 PM

May 2017
Holy shit, this anime is really getting intense, great developtment, love it.

Hope Shun is still alive and rip Sakis siblings

Nov 15, 2019 2:04 PM

Feb 2017
When Saki was remembering Shun while going down the river...where have I heard that exact music before?
Feb 1, 2020 5:25 AM

Dec 2018
That scene when Maria appeared behind Saki's window in red background, I guess that's foreshadowing something...

So it's a rule to not to talk about a disappeared student.

So Saki's parent want her to be the youngest child. Which could mean that if Saki is dead they're not going to have another child again.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 2, 2020 12:54 PM

Aug 2019
A very intense episode. The whole atmosphere gives such a sense of foreboding. I hope Shun is alive.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Nov 4, 2020 2:14 AM

Jan 2020
It was implied in the earlier episodes that Saki had siblings in the past. The question is, what happened to them? Did they turn into karma demons like Shun and were then killed by the cats? Or did something else happen? And also, what really turns someone into a karma demon?

It seems like Saki's life is in danger. Fortunately, Shun gave her his charm, which will probably protect her from the cat. At least I hope so.
Nov 5, 2020 3:40 AM

Jul 2017
Another suspenseful episode, and one that felt a lot better written and built up than the previous few. Saki having a sibling was well teased from the start so it just makes the mystery of the kidnappings more interesting to ponder. Music was again good too.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.