Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2012 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Lovely soundtrack at the beginning there. It was also nice to see some of the visual artwork of the moths this episode as well as the kids explore more of the world.

Saki is kinda pissed this episode but it's nice to see some of her flashbacks. Not bad for this latest episode imo and that creature at the end was a nice watch from my perspective.
Stark700Nov 23, 2012 9:00 AM
Nov 23, 2012 9:00 AM
Nov 2010
fantastic episode!!XD...i saw this scene on tumblr...i m sorry before i put a discussion of this episode but now i eliminated it!!XD
Nov 23, 2012 12:24 PM

Jul 2010

I must say this series has some of most unique creatures.
Nov 23, 2012 12:35 PM

Oct 2012
I watched it in raw. Now I'm waiting for the subs.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when watching the preview for the next episode I notice something. The animation seemed really similar to episode 5's. I'm kind of wary. Maybe I'm just seeing thinks.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Nov 23, 2012 2:47 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was very abstract in art that really meant a lot despite not showing much. In fact interpretations are kind of wild in this episode. First of all the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2038/Zero-RawsShinsekaiYori-09CS-EX1280x720x264AACmp4_snapshot_0052_20121123_152636_zps97fa3ed4.jpg
Was already quite catchy TBH for a title and the characters have key orders of rather interesting values IMO.

While for me the most fearful yet I knew it was the following,

From what I heard of that RAW as of now, that’s Yasumi, Saki’s sister and guess what? I think she might even had a older sister named Saeko. So that would mean those SOB village people manipulate their population in that what they deem dangerous for their minds they seal it away. As such IMO it was more the mother was asked to seal Saki’s memories of her sisterYasumi.

That being said I think they are SOB cause manipulations like that on the population are not right and should not be practiced, I find that too controlling in a village. Just cause you know something or see something does not mean you will become crazy. Shun certainly did but other people might plain simply not.

Another reason is the spoiler
did you notice that they use those forms of Reds on both faces and background for a very smart foreshadow that usually is associated in colour coding. Red in this case with the setup would be for death or more like blood/fatal wound aka death. When they lifted those monsters up there with the dark shadow whom can mean death too as a colour there. Was to show those monsters IMO are used nothing but tools to kill other users of Cantus that’s after sealing it IMO. Maria’s face was full of fear there for sure and the setup looked like screaming "Bloody Murder" often they do this setup as if someone has seen a murder.

About thee end, Saki with how she looks there:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2038/Zero-RawsShinsekaiYori-09CS-EX1280x720x264AACmp4_snapshot_2046_20121123_165655_zps2bc3b7b7.jpg
Says nothing but fear as she does find out those monsters are exactly where Shun is and the rest area of the housings.

About the preview, it looks like Shun will either live or die. Quite simple with the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2038/ntrhegghj_zpsca7573db.gif
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2038/rgg5r4tg_zpsd6df14f4.gif
Saki looks in there like she is totally gloomy and is that Shun with the mask that is about to be killed to death by being bitten by that dog/beast. Whom I think make me think of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coyote
Sort off.

That being said I leave as this for now. While maybe I will post more in the club later.
Yumekichi11Nov 24, 2012 12:12 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 23, 2012 2:57 PM
Nov 2011
Joseito1875 said:
I watched it in raw. Now I'm waiting for the subs.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when watching the preview for the next episode I notice something. The animation seemed really similar to episode 5's. I'm kind of wary. Maybe I'm just seeing thinks.
yamauhi is the director in both of them
Nov 23, 2012 6:08 PM

Jun 2012
Seems like it's only just begun...
Nov 23, 2012 6:13 PM

Sep 2011
Holy fuck. Great episode, Shun becoming a Karma Demon? Probably couldn't control his canti or something.
Nov 23, 2012 6:36 PM

Oct 2008
Yep, UTW did it.

Fucking epic episode, idk why this series is so underrated here.
Nov 23, 2012 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
Oh my god things are getting INTENSE now. Great build up, great developments. Amazing episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 23, 2012 7:20 PM
Nov 2012
Grrrrrrrrrr... stupid Saki!

She should have called Satoru to come with her. Now he'll never get
Nov 23, 2012 7:23 PM

Feb 2008
We are on episode 9 and I still don't get the plot at all in this anime

Saki had a brother we know that but what will happend to Saki now?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 23, 2012 7:25 PM

Oct 2011
This episode was so beautiful. Both the artwork and the soundtracks were stunning.

Oh god, Shun! What have they done to you?!

Btw, does anyone know what koomaka means? That word came when Maria and Saki were talking about the things in those big barrels.
Nov 23, 2012 7:38 PM

Nov 2009
transcendent12 said:
Seems like it's only just begun...

awhhhyeeee
love this slow building pace LOL
Nov 23, 2012 7:41 PM
Oct 2012
Blackbird said:
We are on episode 9 and I still don't get the plot at all in this anime

Same here! I feel as though each episode just leaves me with more questions than answers. I'm probably going to rewatch this after its finished or read the manga or novel (if someone decides to translate it) to get a better understanding.

Anyways, that ending... looks like next episode will be pretty intense. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 23, 2012 7:57 PM

Aug 2008
I wonder how Saki, alone, will handle this :S

And it's so sad to even forget the existence of your own sibling. :(
KuriniNov 23, 2012 8:00 PM
Nov 23, 2012 8:02 PM

May 2011
Damn, I think Shun just turn into animal there.

This is getting intense.
Nov 23, 2012 8:03 PM

Jul 2012
BEST EPISODE SINCE EPISODE 4

all my feels and suffering

_(:3」∠)_
Nov 23, 2012 8:16 PM
Feb 2012
SilentTruth said:
Damn, I think Shun just turn into animal there.

This is getting intense.

I think that was one of the Copycats they took out of the storage area considering the feet are the same. Of course maybe those things are what Karma demons are and they just capture them.
Nov 23, 2012 8:23 PM

Jul 2012
this is not a spoiler since it was mentioned in the episode: shun is turning into a karma demon, and they are sending the cats after him.
Nov 23, 2012 8:34 PM

Aug 2011
HOLY. FUCK. Somebody tell me why this anime is so good.

Too many intense things happened this episode; I can hardly catch my breath. So Saki had another sibling who disappeared. It's basically a given in this society that many children disappear, but I'm wondering why their parents, the adults, haven't raised concerns over this practice.

And Shun, wow. It was clear that he was going to be "wiped out" from last week's episode. Is it because he created that animal out of that egg? Or because he was going insane? Either way, I think that anime with the extremely creepy eye is definitely a byproduct of Shun's instability. Two things can happen: Shun's dead, eaten by those weird cat things with the high heels, or Shun's been turned into one of those cats.

By the way, can somebody remind me on what a karma demon is? And do we know how exactly one can turn into a karma demon?
Nov 23, 2012 8:42 PM

Oct 2012
A karma demon is when someone's power grows out of their control.
Nov 23, 2012 8:42 PM

Jun 2009
Hmmm

I think Shun turn evil and slaughter his whole neighborhood?

Interesting, I was under the impression of
Saki
早季 would mean "early season/fast season", as in her parents wishing her for faster "Cantus visit"(So she'll graduate from Harmony School unlike her... Sister?) Instead... It means youngest. Ah wellz.

ANYWAYS....

NO MESSY ARTWORK THIS EPISODE! WOOOOO! (At least I didn't notice)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2012 8:56 PM

Jul 2012
itsvero said:
HOLY. FUCK. Somebody tell me why this anime is so good.

Too many intense things happened this episode; I can hardly catch my breath. So Saki had another sibling who disappeared. It's basically a given in this society that many children disappear, but I'm wondering why their parents, the adults, haven't raised concerns over this practice.

And Shun, wow. It was clear that he was going to be "wiped out" from last week's episode. Is it because he created that animal out of that egg? Or because he was going insane? Either way, I think that anime with the extremely creepy eye is definitely a byproduct of Shun's instability. Two things can happen: Shun's dead, eaten by those weird cat things with the high heels, or Shun's been turned into one of those cats.

By the way, can somebody remind me on what a karma demon is? And do we know how exactly one can turn into a karma demon?

there was the story in the second episode about the boy who turned into a karma demon. he was too arrogant, so he ended up alone, and his "sinful karma" turned him into a karma demon.

a part that the anime left out, that was in the novel was "The lonely boy started to dwell more and more in his thoughts. His thoughts turned to the unthinkable, his questioning to the unquestionable." i think this was probably how shun turned. after learning about what they are from the minoshiro and dwelling on those thoughts, which to their society are "sinful thoughts".
Nov 23, 2012 9:12 PM
Oct 2010
o mother of fuck. THE SUSPENSE
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Nov 23, 2012 9:17 PM

Sep 2012
Another great episode, lot of suspense and surprises.
The art work was very good this time as well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"I don't do anything I don't have to. What I have to do, I do quickly." -Oreki Houtarou
Nov 23, 2012 9:34 PM

Sep 2011
Cats look like they're wearing high heels. Definitely makes them less intimidating
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 23, 2012 9:42 PM

Oct 2011
Holy crap that was amazing, I'm just. Wow. That was so intense, everything happened so fast and just... seriously wow. I am amazed. When Saki's parents were talking to her and Saki starts to remember she had a sister, and then how she realized her name had a secret meaning behind it... that whole part just blew my mind. They said it in the first episode that her mother had lost a child before, but now to actually see the other kid and for Saki to remember... llkjfslakja.

I knew about Shun beforehand 'cause I read spoilers, but watching it all come together made my heart pound. Such an exciting episode, my eyes couldn't tear away from the screen. And the elders controlling the cats? That one I had no idea about and seriously shocked me. I thought they just roamed around and took children just because they were born for that, I had no idea they were secretly being controlled. Well.

Anyway, super great episode, that cliffhanger at the end tore my soul in half. ;__; Next Friday, please come quickly.
Nov 23, 2012 10:00 PM
Feb 2012
What's that?

You want to get off Mr. Grimdark's Wild Ride?

The ride never ends.

In fact...

...WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN.
Nov 23, 2012 10:21 PM

Apr 2012
I think the story and main plot are coming along nicely. It's not that hard to understand (for me anyway).

So I wonder how many other people had siblings that were deemed dangerous. The parents are most likely forced to seal their children memories. I understand that the village leaders have the best interest of the community, but I think they're being too controlling and hiding too many secrets.

I'm wondering if the rest of the group will flee the village when they start to realize that they are seriously running out of time. I'm sure someone has noticed them sneaking around which has probably put more of a pin over their heads.
Nov 23, 2012 10:25 PM
Sep 2012
myuun said:
Holy crap that was amazing, I'm just. Wow. That was so intense, everything happened so fast and just... seriously wow. I am amazed. When Saki's parents were talking to her and Saki starts to remember she had a sister, and then how she realized her name had a secret meaning behind it... that whole part just blew my mind. They said it in the first episode that her mother had lost a child before, but now to actually see the other kid and for Saki to remember... llkjfslakja.

I knew about Shun beforehand 'cause I read spoilers, but watching it all come together made my heart pound. Such an exciting episode, my eyes couldn't tear away from the screen. And the elders controlling the cats? That one I had no idea about and seriously shocked me. I thought they just roamed around and took children just because they were born for that, I had no idea they were secretly being controlled. Well.

Anyway, super great episode, that cliffhanger at the end tore my soul in half. ;__; Next Friday, please come quickly.
My thoughts exactly;) This was one really good episode and they just had to end it with Saki in danger like that.

So many things happened in this episode that I can't help but feel sorry for those people who dropped this show after the gay stuff from episode 8.

Well, your loss people.
Nov 23, 2012 10:29 PM

Jul 2011
I jumped a little when Maria showed up at the window. T_T

Anyways, it's building up!! I'm on the edge of my seat. Excited for the next episode. :D
Nov 23, 2012 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
MM-Rosiie said:
I jumped a little when Maria showed up at the window. T_T

Same here lol~

Plot is picking up and will require you some concentration, this is a brilliant episode, if nothing goes wrong, it will get better and better from here.
Nov 23, 2012 10:46 PM

Nov 2011
Its 25 eps, we have a long way to go, no need to judge at the moment.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 23, 2012 11:27 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode this week. The animation was excellent this round, and we were left with a nice cliff hanger until next weekend.
Nov 23, 2012 11:44 PM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
From what I heard of that RAW as of now, that’s Yasumi, Saki’s brother and guess what? I think she might even had a older sister named Saeko.

Someone needs to download in higher quality just watched the 1080p episode subbed and form what i saw was a little girl with very long pigtails. So i don't think that it's her brother as you called it.
Nov 24, 2012 12:01 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode! The suspense made a chill run down my spine!
Please let her meet Shun alive!
—Actually, nevermind.
Nov 24, 2012 12:03 AM
Sep 2012
Funny how this thread is basically dead compared to last week when it was busy with gay talk for hours on end.
Nov 24, 2012 12:05 AM

Jul 2012
ccrraaaaaaaaazy plotwists!

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 24, 2012 12:06 AM

Oct 2010
DarthVantos said:
Yumekichi11 said:
From what I heard of that RAW as of now, that’s Yasumi, Saki’s brother and guess what? I think she might even had a older sister named Saeko.

Someone needs to download in higher quality just watched the 1080p episode subbed and form what i saw was a little girl with very long pigtails. So i don't think that it's her brother as you called it.
Guess the mother had 2 names for the older sister then.

And I got confused cause the mother mentions 2 names regarding the sister as she mentions her.

Also the clothing is the same for both genders at a young age. Just I noticed white seems more of a theme than last color shown of those outfits.
Yumekichi11Nov 24, 2012 2:24 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 24, 2012 12:08 AM

Nov 2012
This anime really wants to miss with my head and give me the goose bumps @.@
Nov 24, 2012 12:21 AM

Sep 2010
Wow! awesome episode.... Karma Demons, copy cats n' all those shit got crazy....

Btw glad there was no gay shit in this episode as I feared..... :P

4/5
Nov 24, 2012 12:34 AM

Mar 2012
Now that was really good. It's a little unfortunate that I haven't really been caring for the story since episode 4, but I like the direction it's going now. I'm glad this episode restored my interest in this series again. I'm eager to see what's next.
The only thing that bothered me, which was actually something really minor and not a big deal, was how easy it seemed for Satoru and Saki to get into Pinewind just by a detour through the forest and walking under the ropes.
Nov 24, 2012 1:07 AM

Nov 2011
Damn cliffhangers.This might be the best episode so far and those cats look like they belong in Avatar's Pandora. I wonder what tricks those cats have to kill cantus users?
The Art of Eight
Nov 24, 2012 1:23 AM
Oct 2010
AnimeForDummies said:
This anime really wants to miss with my head and give me the goose bumps @.@
Same here, I was on the seat's edge with goose bumps the full episode.

Glad to be back to what this show does best, creepy suspense.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 24, 2012 1:51 AM

Jul 2012
Saki seems to have a knack for remembering things that she shouldn't be remembering.

And it's hard not to be intimidated by a cat with high heels for feet. They may as well scream, "FABULOUUUS" while mauling your body.

Nov 24, 2012 2:02 AM
Sep 2012
This tread dead LOL

When maria show up in the window, I think she is saki sister's ghost
Nov 24, 2012 2:09 AM

Feb 2012
Looks like Shun went berserk, let's see if Saki manages to find him before the cats do but first she has to get away, that cat is fucking dangerous.
Nov 24, 2012 2:28 AM

Sep 2011
Love this episode.

I didn't get that thing in the mirror. Is that the tree in Shun's house?
pew pew pew
Nov 24, 2012 2:37 AM

Sep 2012
julielopezzz said:
Love this episode.

I didn't get that thing in the mirror. Is that the tree in Shun's house?

Yes, and it was destroyed, that's why Satoru and Shun were so terrified.

Anyway, amazing episode. It seems it's really starting here.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.