Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 11, 2010 10:13 AM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
Kurogashi said:
You can't claim the cops action at the end wrong. All of the wrong doings of Mario on the documents are correct in a sense that it did occur, and cops are trained to not give you the benefit of the doubt; thus, him slamming Mario's head on the desk. To compare this guy to that jailguard who I have forgotten his name is absurd because that guy did it out of reasoning.

I think the main theme of this show is 'justice' and there is no justice if he is confined in jail for 7 years. There is no consequences to pay when no wrong act to begin with.

And I guess the world is wrong with that 'innocent until proven guilty thing,' huh? This is why the show fails. Mario did do wrong. Whether or not he has mitigating circumstances is up for a court to decide. It is not some two-bit prosecutor's place to slam anyone's head against a desk. He is comparable to the guard because his actions are grossly out of context in order to melodramtize the show and make characters seem more good/evil than they should be.

Only a child would see it otherwise.

This where the shows goes wrong? Are you shitting me? Have you even met assholes in your life? In Japan even now in 2010 they have 'innocent until proven guilty" thing written bottom of the fucking toilets. They don't respect it for shit. Cops prosecutors treat young guys like shit especially if they have such a record like Mario has. Now consider also the times this is made and fuck, am surprised he only got his head slammed on he desk.
Sometimes i think you live in some strange paradise land.

Anyway Mario is in some serious trouble right now and for the hell of me i don't see how any legal way would help Mario. The only way i can think of, is finding a way to blackmail the prosecutor.

I don't know what to think about his love for Setsuko. The show didn't do much of a good job there since the indications for a love interest between them were invisible until now. Another sad story with her being forced to marry for money to her family. People used to make daughters to sell them to rich fucks those days.
Aug 31, 2010 8:25 PM

Nov 2007
frozen is too slow releasing it but i do prefer quality over speed

now setsuko getting forced to marry realy pisses me off i know i know this still happens and it really pisses me off
now they guy that charged mario for "assualt" really the 1 that hits first is the 1 that carries the assualt out not the one that retaliates its just a mere case of self defense

i really cant wait for more tho lol frozens slooow

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Sep 5, 2010 7:31 AM

Mar 2010
Not again in jail..That guy in the end looks like a new Ishihara pig!

No matter how hard i think i just can't see where this show is going..Each episode is so unique and opens up a lot of possibilities..You cannot say for sure that this guy will live, that guy will go to jail, that the plan will work and so on.Unless of course,you had read the manga.That is the most fascinating part for me;A few things will definitely occur, because we are in the anime world where bad people eventually get punished and good people always triumph in the end.But, in Rainbow the plot is delivered so thoroghly..There are things you can't predict, things that 'll make you cry, laugh, sympathize, true feelings and emotions..
Well, that's just MY personal opinion.
Jul 15, 2011 1:26 PM
Jun 2010
omg i fucking love this anime! off to the next episode man, next fuckin episode!
Sep 12, 2011 10:47 PM

Jun 2008
Derp... Not really interested in Mario's love life.. or Mario in general. I liked that it said "stupid plan" though lol
Feb 29, 2012 8:45 PM

Jan 2009
I still hope for a setsuko x mario :D
Jun 3, 2012 7:02 PM

Nov 2011
Shit, now I feel sorry for Mario.

Dec 12, 2012 2:35 PM

Jan 2012
so this is just going to be a repeat of the first arc, except with Mario now instead of bro? see what they do I wont slate it just yet but that wasn't a really exciting episode.
Mar 1, 2013 11:40 PM

Sep 2011
Romance all over the place. My friend lied to me.
Apr 5, 2013 2:36 AM
Aug 2011
Joe, you homewrecker WTF you doin?? Idk if I want to laugh or what.

Rainbow why do you hate yourself?

Okay I need to breathe and rant a little.

This episode was titled Annoyance and damn right that's exactly what I felt throughout the whole thing.
We're back to square-fucking-one, except this time we're clearly missing an awesome character from our lineup.

Cue the douchebag officers and an insufferable random drunk guy.
They are the second coming of Ishihara if I ever saw it.

I have no problem if Mario decides to be like Anchan. It's fine if you want to be like a bro who inspired you to be a better person.
However, it is not fine when you are an EXACT copy of the man.

I hate that this story resorted to this new low where it has to shove all the despair we might have felt for Anchan down our throats everytime we look at Mario.
It's an anime that keeps unnecessarily asking for pity and I don't like that.

Honestly the best thing for me to do is drop it right now.
Erase this episode from my mind and score the first 14 episodes with a 9 even though it had faults.
I thought it was fine though because it was about bonds that can't be broken even if someone dies. Also taking your crap life and turning it into something better.
The last episode did wonderfully in giving you a closure that was acceptable.

If I keep going this anime will be tarnished for me and the score will keep dropping. Mario hasn't learned a damn thing.

That being said...i'm going to keep going.
This was on my plan to watch for a long time. If I drop it now i'll be defeated and I refuse to be defeated by this show.

What a crying shame but even if this gets better, it already went too far.
Oh and it's about time we cut this narrator crap. It's not touching anymore.

/rant that no one cares about. whew...
standApr 5, 2013 2:52 AM
Jun 30, 2013 9:48 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm, pretty good episode
Jul 1, 2013 7:34 AM

Jul 2011
Not again.......
I love it when Nomoto shows his notebook and the lot make up a crazy plan to save one of them.
Jul 14, 2013 5:45 PM
Apr 2008
i'm having such a hard time holding out for this series. yes, i think they are able to portray events in a somewhat dramatic and enticing way, one that makes me want to keep watching. but it's just so frustrating when these characters are such dumbasses.

i completely concur with one of the previous posters. these guys have not achieved a single thing since the start of this show. one might argue that they escaped from the disciplinary school and exacted revenge on the guard and the doctor, but it came at the hands of needless dramatic sacrifices. for one, mario did not have to get his hand smashed. it did not cause the inmates in cell 1-8 to go easy on anchan. another is the fact that anchan had at least four chances to survive:

1) you should have turned in the damn suicide note from the very start, and those two evil people would have been locked up
2) don't GIVE the suicide note (and your only bargaining chip) to the people who have it out for you
3) why did you trust a guy who just pointed a gun at you, tore up your bargaining chip, and almost ran you over with his motorcycle to allow him to come close enough to stab you AND ON TOP OF THAT, not fight back
4) drop the stupid knife when a bunch of police are pointing guns at you.

anchan's death was needless and dramatic. he really died for nothing, except to motivate his friends to get the revenge they should have gotten if they turned in the note to the police in the first place.

i also agree that mario isn't trying to emulate anchan. he IS anchan, an exact replica. and the romance was a little awkward, since there was no indication of any sort of attraction before anchan died, and suddenly its so obvious. i can understand if mario was conflicted in wanting to go after the same girl anchan was chasing and held himself back, but we see no hint of inner conflict regarding that, or that he even liked her at all to begin with.

i think alot of characters in this series are portrayed with a lack of complexity, it seems that they are either good or evil. and that most of them do not think with their heads (with a minor exception of how they exposed the doctor, that was pretty good). but hell, even this episode, why didn't mario just testify that the drunk had threatened his boss, broke the bar's property, and even assaulted him first?? even if you are a "delinquent," if you have two witnesses at the scene of the crime, i don't see why mario should have to suddenly go to jail for seven years. completely stupid. i'll probably keep watching just because i've already invested so much time into this series, but i am saddened that there was so much potential that was completely ruined over stupid crap.
Jul 22, 2013 11:45 AM

Jul 2013
action is bacckk
Aug 8, 2013 7:27 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I don't understand all this complaint of Mario being Sakuragi Jr...sure they have the same principles, and Mario is still boxing, and they're both kind of awkward with romance, but that's about it? Oh and I guess the same hairstyle too. Mario is still less mature than Sakuragi, and more governed by his emotions than Sakuragi had been, the maturity part is a big difference between the two. He is similar, but he's not Sakuragi Jr. Plus, don't people know that when you hang out with the same person a lot, or really admire someone, you subconsciously pick up their habits and ways? That's probably what's happening with Mario, if anything. Also, I always thought Mario liked Setsuko, but I guess other people didn't see it until now, or thought that it was predictable that Mario will like Setsuko? It's not predictable if it was already there, unless you predicted it because you did have a hunch that Mario likes Setsuko :P

Anyways, Mario...why'd you have to go and use violence? Even though he wasn't 100% at fault here, he still ended up getting caught. Shouldn't have asked the man to hit him. That prosecutor looks like the next bad guy :/ I don't like the use of such black and white characters, but it's not totally unrealistic either.
Oct 29, 2013 11:19 PM

Sep 2013
From that phone call I can tell that guy is an asshole.

Turtle got snappy and cabbage shut him up :P

That prosecutor is no joke.
Jan 22, 2014 12:52 PM

May 2013
Mario fucked up and I don't like him hooking up anchan's girl.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 25, 2014 5:02 PM

Mar 2012
Well the Prosecutor sure looks like a nice fella.
Feb 12, 2014 7:06 PM

Aug 2013
MarioxSetsuko romance seems pretty awkward and cliche to me. Woman has arranged marriage with another dude but falling in love with another guy how many times have I seen that situation *yawn*.

What's happened with Joe's sister?? That scene made me cry in episode 2 and now it's been forgotten/dismissed :/ If it's not addressed until the ending I'm going to knock down half a rating.

I tried to justify in my mind how Anchan died and whether it was stupid or not. I think maybe that stab wound was worse than it looked and he knew he was dying anyway... But he managed to survive everything else that Ishihara did to him when he was in the prison... I don't really know what to think about that because it's like I don't have enough information about exactly what he was thinking. But I would have liked to know more about his past when he was a Kamikaze (suicide bomber).

Looking forward to how they are going to help Mario and hope the next 11 episodes are more intense like it was in the beginning.
Apr 26, 2014 11:15 AM

Jun 2011
"I won't let evil go unpunished."
Eh really? I wonder what is the standard for his sense of justice.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 5, 2014 2:22 PM

May 2012
Oh snap, Mario sure fucked up big this time... I really wonder what they'll do now as this isn't easy play anymore! But well let's see what's next.
Oct 6, 2014 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
Didn't watch this for a while, but it's still good :P

I hope they have some kind of plan to get on the jury or some shit idk. I want them to legally clear his name, so he can live normally.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Nov 27, 2014 5:34 PM

Jun 2014
Not sure how uncover could silence the prosecutor.

Dec 29, 2014 11:15 AM

May 2014
No feels, no tears. Like many others I agree that there are too many white/black characters.
Feb 16, 2015 11:22 PM

Nov 2013
Dammit you guys! You really are going to risk going to juvenile prison just to save one of your old friends for doing something reckless?!

Wow. The zetsubou is probably flowing through Mario's veins by now.

Helping one of their own escape made a lot more sense when they were all locked up. Now that they are all out of the reformatory school, saving Mario seems really rash considering that they could all be sent to juvenile prison if they are caught.

Good luck silencing that prosecutor. He looks brutal.

Good episode nevertheless. Curious to see where this series goes.

8/10 I'm really starting to wonder why this anime has an 8.63 when everyone is complaining about the cliches. Maybe it will get better?

noteDhero said:
You asked for a list of reasons why the characters/shows are cliched. I did that for you. Since you seem to lack understanding, I'll say it again
I'm really starting to wonder if you can ever be a nice person...Every thread I see you on, you look like a total smart ass.
FunnyRatmanFeb 16, 2015 11:29 PM

Mar 26, 2015 10:44 PM

Jul 2012
zat-bust said:
Not sure how uncover could silence the prosecutor.

Uncovered's a pretty smart dude though, zat-san haha.

When the prosecutor read out all of Mario's crimes, I was like damnn, these guys have to worst luck on the planet. He had good reasons to do all of those things, besides maybe the last one. But that drunk was asking for it haha.
Mar 28, 2015 1:20 AM

Nov 2014
Should I assume more deaths of the dear 206 gang because of Mario's stupidity?
So as an "Usagi" you can't give your self the right to be with Sesko san, yet you are ok with hitting people hardly even when your manager refuses!
Apr 26, 2015 5:39 AM

May 2013
Man, this anime has no direction. Very sceptical of where they are going to go with this. Maybe should have been a 12 episode anime, and stopped when Sakuragi died. Idk, that's just me. Still good though, just lacking direction and feels all over the place.
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Jun 7, 2015 5:45 AM
May 2012
cliothekira said:
Akitso said:

thats not what im talking about the other guy got away without paying,broke glass,push the bartender, and punched mario twice. thats messed up.

Shit sucks. A normal and respectable bar would have called the cops or thrown him out. You can't control douchebags like that with your fist or you'll be charged with assault JUST like Mario was. It doesn't work that way.

Yeah, yeah, Mario overdid it, but fuck me, Akitso is right.
Also, Sasaki already confessed, so Mario escaping from that school should be understandable. Heck, that prosecutor should have hear Mario out. Fucking investigate that school if you want evil to be punished =_=
Setsuko, don't fall for him just because he resembles Bro, man.
Jul 22, 2015 11:10 AM

Jul 2010
Setsuko's forced marriage was so...ugh. They really pull all the drama in this and sometimes it's too much for me.
Jul 24, 2015 3:40 PM

Sep 2014
Boy do I hate weak-willed s***s.

Hardcore proffanity:

Ah, feeling a lot better now.
Dec 29, 2015 12:45 PM

Feb 2013
mario you idiot... why are you doing this -.-

and setsuko, well forced marriages were pretty regular in the past
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jan 16, 2016 4:40 PM

Jan 2010
This anime never ceases to amaze me :o...

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 6, 2016 4:27 PM

Feb 2011
Welp there we go again
Aug 19, 2016 4:16 PM

Mar 2016
WTF!!!!!!!!!

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

SETSUKO NO!!! MARIO NO!!!!!

THAT PROSECUTOR!!!
(งಠ_ಠ)ง

This episode is really intensified this show.
Jan 23, 2017 3:08 PM

Feb 2013
Setsuko's parents fixed that marriage to keep their company.
Damn, Mario is in trouble, he will get to prison if they don't do something about it.
Feb 12, 2017 8:18 PM

May 2016
Seven years are you kidding me that hell of a lot.
Feb 26, 2017 3:27 PM

Apr 2016
Eh, I'm done. At first, I thought that the rest would be about Ishihara and Sasaki but since they ended it nicely last episode. I don't feel like watching the rest (especially without Sakuragi).

8/10 for the first 14 episodes. The rest didn't happen for me (only 2 things that I checked on).
Feb 27, 2017 11:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
And here we go again.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 16, 2017 9:59 PM

Sep 2015
Lol what a joke, hope that wimpy adult gets killed. First he gets all pissed over some alcohol and shoves the owner against a wall of bottles and a bunch fall. That's legit assault. Mario comes to solve the problem and he lets that guy do two punches then goes ham on that guy. The guy says he will be sorry for everything and then runs away with injuries. The next day he decides to be a whiny kid and call the cops on Mario... k. Hope that guy dies or some shyt. And dam seriously that public guy wont even listen to Mario. Thats some justice alright... unfair justice.
Jan 22, 2018 8:43 PM

Dec 2014
just like sakuragi, mario can't seem to take a brea... poor guy...the world is cruel
Nov 25, 2018 12:41 PM

Sep 2011
Setsuko is now set to get married with another man, to save her family from ruin, even though she was coming to love Mario, who is becoming more and more like Sakuragi. Mario doesn't even know what pushed her to choose this, but he knows that he has 'nothing' to offer her, I had even forgot that he never served his sentence, and now the weight of law is about to come crumbling down on him.

Turtle made this episode funny to me, I laughed when he flew off, unable to properly sustain the sandbag, and also when he went on with the crazy idea of Soldier stealing a tank to rescue Mario, but Mario fell on the hands of a prosecutor who is blaming Japan's current state on "criminals" like him, and he doesn't even lend Mario a ear, he just wants to see justice served, even if it is just an arbitrary one. But Mario isn't alone.
Jan 15, 2019 5:04 AM

Oct 2013
Seven years of prison and treating Mario like scum of the earth for beating up a hostile drunk dude and breaking out of a reform school seems super fucking excessive, but I don't know shit about mid 20th-century Japanese criminal reform.

I vaguely get the feeling that watching this show now is going to be like watching the second Death Note arc. It's not going to be the same.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 3, 2019 2:19 PM

Nov 2016
Sucks to be Mario. The timing was definitely convenient not on his side, but he acted like a fool.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 30, 2019 7:15 PM

Jan 2016
Of course nothing ever goes well for these guys.
Apr 4, 2020 7:39 PM

Mar 2020
God this dumb overdramatic generic predictable plot and these annoying cliched one dimensional characters. You're either the most pure good guy in the world or the most demonic evil son of a bitch in all of humanity. Not to mention the way they try to tear jerk the viewers every 2 minutes with the same cheesy ass music and cheesy dialogue. What an absolute shit show this has turned into.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Dec 29, 2020 12:02 AM

Nov 2012
minekeboy's post above completely on point.

So many illogical points in this anime. The anime shines when it focused on it themes of brotherhood and camaraderie but those shining moments are soured by the characters constantly making irrational dumb decisions. Some of which feel heavily forced for the sake of drama.
Apr 18, 2021 8:29 PM

Aug 2018
Hell yeah!! Bust him out like old times!!

Oct 31, 2021 4:40 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, Mario always gets into trouble
Sep 22, 2023 4:12 PM

Aug 2016
Mario really forgot he’s an escapee. Setsuko’s parents are horrible to put that pressure on her and to leverage her like that. New villain, new plan. Let’s go.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 11, 2010

132 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - May 5, 2010

151 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DrRoboto - Jul 20, 2010

79 by Gabi15 »»
Apr 19, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shanimebib - Jun 22, 2010

182 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Mar 22, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Florete - Sep 28, 2010

220 by prozyne »»
Mar 6, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.