Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2019 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jabami and that killer look...shit.

I don't trust Rei much this episode and definitely can't trust a psycho like Midari. One more episode left, this arc feels strange tbh and I have a feeling it may get rushed. On the other hand, Jabami is excited as ever like always lol
Mar 20, 2019 10:38 PM

Jul 2016
Man, Rei's voice is such a delight to hear, being honest. I'm glad these last two episodes will be focused on him since that way, I can hear more of that relaxing voice of his.

That aside, it was a decent episode. The gamble didn't look that entertaining at first but thanks to Yumeko, things become more interesting with that spicy three billions yens offer.

Mary also had more screentime and participation, which is always welcome. Not to mention that the moments when she was feeling frustrated due to the others not paying attention to her was rather amusing to watch as well.

All in all, not the best episode but it still was enjoyable at some point. There's one more episode to go so let's see how things regarding the Momobami Clan will conclude.

P.S.: So... Rei can be even more handsome... who would have thought? That last sequence sure was nice although I found the addition of those CGI black wings rather... unnecessary. Such a shame but well.
SouthRzVaMar 20, 2019 10:45 PM
Mar 21, 2019 3:06 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good episode.

Pretty darn slow first two-thirds of the episode but things quickly escalated in the final bit. Rei Batsubami was always suspicious since the very start and Jabami just exposing that and causing the eventual reveal was brilliant! Lol, those black wings in the end felt really .. off, though. But it’s good to see Studio MAPPA giving it their all to enhance the scenes. That’s not to say, however, that this whole scene was off becuase it certainly was very shocking and impactful nonetheless.

Saotome tried to talk the lead from the very start, and maybe even did, but she was rather oblivious to the bigger picture. It’s not just the auctioneer but the other Bamis too, heh leave that to Jabami. I wonder if she’ll try to get ahead of the others through the Vice President’s help next episode and very curious to know what Terano is up to with this little gamble. Next week’s preview shows more of the President so things will surely get very intense, looking forward to seeing how things play out from here and come to an end. Lol, poor Midari though, she’s being treated even less than an entity now, that’s harsh Jabami.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 21, 2019 3:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

One more episode left, this arc feels strange tbh and I have a feeling it may get rushed.

Yup, I can totally next episode being super rushed to bring about a conclusion to this eventful arc or an ending in the middle of nowhere. A little worried thus but here’s to hoping we’ll both be proven wrong.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 21, 2019 5:50 AM

Aug 2013
Yep....anime original arc. Honestly they should have just ended the season last week.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 21, 2019 7:06 AM

Oct 2017
TsubakaSan said:
Wait what Rei is male or female ?

She's a female. It's clear from the beginning.
Mar 21, 2019 7:39 AM

Jul 2017
The end is near but it certainly doesn't feel like the ending though.

Rei...the transformation to her female self was one that I subconsciously forgot...and since it has been sometime since Season 1.

The first 20 mins felt like anguish, waiting for something to happen, right until the final moment with the black CG wings...

Here's hoping the ending won't be rushed.
Mar 21, 2019 9:24 AM

Nov 2016
Not really a fan of this game.

That fabulous "transformation" at the end, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2019 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
TsubakaSan said:
Wait what Rei is male or female ?

She's a handsome female.

She's a handsome female.
DedPanda said:
Yep....anime original arc. Honestly they should have just ended the season last week.

I feel the same way. Even though the last episode was meant to happen in season one, I liked that they placed it here. But I get why they went for anime original arc, since the manga is still going and they're almost caught up.

It doesn't help that the anime only arcs are always less developed compared to the other stories.
removed-userMar 21, 2019 9:54 AM
Mar 21, 2019 10:48 AM

Jan 2019
Nice transformation from Rei now she reminds me of Aizen
TensaZangetsu__Mar 21, 2019 11:29 AM
Mar 21, 2019 12:53 PM

Mar 2015
lol poor Ikishima

Pretty hyped for next episode because Rei is bae
Mar 21, 2019 1:25 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Quite the intriguing invite that they received there. Wow Yumeko's expression on seeing Ikishima again sure was scary. A theater huh quite the setting for this event. To be able to gather that much votes in that small amount of time sure was impressive. The auction while an unusual event sure provided some interesting situations. Its nice to see Mary take a more active role in this ep. Still the auction while certainly being a tense one sure had its fair share of surprises. While Yumeko's plan was daring as always the effect that it had on Rei was even more surprising. Looking forward to see how this ends next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2019 3:36 PM
May 2017
fucking awesome Aizen transformation.
Mar 21, 2019 3:41 PM

Feb 2012
I'm really disappointed in the gamble. The auction is not interesting at all. It would be nice if it showed everyone's current amount of votes they can use in the auction. Like for example Suzui had 13 i think? He bet 10 and lost those and now he only has 3. So he's pretty much fucked for the rest of the auction. I'm sure the next episode will have some convoluted means for people with less votes to somehow impact the game but I really doubt it'll be satisfying. But I guess that happens in every gamble lol.
Mar 21, 2019 3:51 PM
Jan 2016
It is always pleasant to see Yumeko in a crazy mode, she will use her 3 billions to see Rei tru personalitty, what a badass with her killer eyes at the end!

Rei's tranformation sequence was so cool and awesome!
Mar 21, 2019 5:12 PM
Jan 2019
I knew it!. He knew from the beginning that Batsubami was bringing something into his hands, his good boy's face was a lie. You know what they say "people who seem more innocent can become the most dangerous". Uff! This went on. Not even the rest of the Momobami clan expected it.
PS: See how Jumeko completely ignores the crazy Ikishima and the expressions on her face are very funny. LOL 😂.
Mar 21, 2019 5:25 PM

Nov 2013

watched both episode 10 and 11 today and... after the best scene of the season (the jump + rest of the scene in episode 10) , this episode just made me want to dramatically lower my score, that's how BORING it was ...
funny how watching the best and the worse episode in a row makes me feel so disappointed

edit: oh it's an original episode? no wonder :v
winddevil1Mar 21, 2019 5:35 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 21, 2019 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
yup this feels filler arc because its centering around filler character. seems like this season too will end up very lame conclusion like how previous season suffered. seems like MAPPA really wasn't ready to deliver this 2nd season writing wise and also the animation downgraded from the last season.
Mar 21, 2019 9:44 PM

Aug 2015
There's no way the student council election is going to wrap up in the next episode, which might feel like a lack of an ending.
Rei Batsubami has been low-key best girl for a while now imo, let's see what happens.
Mar 21, 2019 10:43 PM

Jul 2017
This episode reminded me of this fucking kid in kindergarten who would keep making up rules when we were trying to play an awesome block tower destruction game I made up, just 'cause he hated losing.

"Nah, you can't collaborate with each other guys, the sponsor (me) would lose." "Oh, but it's totally ok if I play secretly because we didn't actually say that was against the rules and apparently it's ok as long as I'm the one making up rules."

...Just stop. Yumeko, you gotta salvage this thing. Also, why is this only 12 episodes? How will we fit in the epic YumekoxPrez kiss scene gamble now?!
Mar 21, 2019 10:52 PM

May 2015
Leave my Midari alone! Hahaha! I love how Midari is the one person that Yumeko outright despises.

So an auction, but you don't know who makes the bid...BID IT ALL! DO IT! JUST DO IT!

Wait...is there someone other than the invitees that is manipulating the bids? Yep there is...

Poor Midari...Notice Midari!

Rei about to go all out here after avoiding gambling for so long...

I hope the next episode is fun. Shoving out Midari like that is so sad to watch. She's the only one who has just as much fun gambling as Yumeko...
Mar 21, 2019 11:32 PM
May 2018
They’ve done it! The first game that actually does not make any sense. The way the auction is set up (even without the auctioneer or secret other bidders), nobody would be bidding, because anybody entering a bid would lose.
Mar 22, 2019 2:34 AM

Feb 2014
Rei was the final card to the game all along. What a screamer!! Now it feels thrilling to see the one who bears the XX.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 22, 2019 5:11 AM

Jul 2017
I don't think an anime original ending arc centered around an anime original character would be a good idea
Mar 22, 2019 6:30 AM
Jun 2017
Yes!!! Let the auction or i mean gamble begins...

Lets see how the final episode next week will be
Mar 22, 2019 7:02 AM

Nov 2011
Yumeko is freaking crazy and i love it!!!!

Finally blonde shows his true colors!
I dont want it to end T_T
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 22, 2019 3:11 PM

Oct 2015
I guess we will see real gambling from Rei, really can't wait. I cannot believe it's the last episode already.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 22, 2019 3:29 PM

Aug 2012
Oh wow, Rei transformed into some kind of Kuroshit(suji) thing. No comment...
Mar 22, 2019 7:12 PM

Feb 2018
Yumeko 3B Yen? Are you crazy xD... Finally we know who is Rei.
Mar 23, 2019 1:08 AM

May 2009
glassknuckles said:
There's no way the student council election is going to wrap up in the next episode, which might feel like a lack of an ending.
Rei Batsubami has been low-key best girl for a while now imo, let's see what happens.

Did election even end in manga?
Mar 23, 2019 9:05 AM

Dec 2014
lol the way jabami talks to her.... to think the plain bami was the real villian...wait was he in the manga.... meh
Mar 23, 2019 9:40 AM

Aug 2015
bastek66 said:
glassknuckles said:

Not a manga reader, i wouldn't know
Mar 23, 2019 10:58 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Here i am, having enjoyed Suzui's sharingan moment from season 1 the most.

Here i am, loving Rei's transformation in season 2 the most.

Anime original scenes are the best, it seems for me.
Mar 23, 2019 7:17 PM

Sep 2016
Bruh. But is Rei a boy or a girl then?

The episodes' titles keep mentioning a woman (this one and next one) so I'm not sure anymore?????
Besides, //he// looks hella hot and pretty with the transformation. I'd like to know, lmao.
Mar 24, 2019 6:04 AM
Nov 2009
She just pulled an Aizen Souske/Clark Kent with her hair lol. Also Im disappointed to know that these final episodes are filler :(
Mar 24, 2019 7:14 AM

May 2018
Ok, so 1 more to go, and it's Rei all the way.
Mar 24, 2019 8:04 AM

May 2018
The most amusing thing in this episode is that Rei somehow realized he would be found out, and prepared those wing graphics in teh computer screen beforehand lol
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Mar 24, 2019 1:15 PM

Jan 2015
Damn that Yumeko she is so evil. Batsubami finally will show her true gambling skills.
Mar 24, 2019 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
bastek66 said:
glassknuckles said:

Nope. Last I checked, it was still going on.
Mar 25, 2019 5:18 PM

Jan 2013
The most insane and unpredictable anime is back xD
Yumeko can be really scary! That face!

So Batsubami is the real boss of the clan that wants to take President's place? Or she is just a puppet?
Can't believe the next episode is the last one:/
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 26, 2019 9:59 AM

Aug 2017
Yumeko's face when she ignores Midari lmao.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 27, 2019 7:38 AM

Jun 2017
Lol, I like how Yumeko ignores that eye patched-girl. Anyway, this was a great episode and things got pretty intense, I am expecting a lot from the final episode.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 27, 2019 2:30 PM

Sep 2016
Batsubami is plain cringy to watch.

Yumeko's passion for gambling is just silly at this point. That's not gambling. That's just a sad obvious attempt to rip everyone off.

This is why anime-only seldom works.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Mar 29, 2019 11:58 PM

Dec 2016
What the fuck was that ending lmaoooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 30, 2019 9:23 AM

Jun 2015
I knew this guy was too nice to be true.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 2, 2019 2:02 PM

May 2016
This was quite boring gamble, there is no way Yumeko would like this kind of thing, so this is where the filler start, would have been happy to see Rin and Ririka gamble thought.
Apr 5, 2019 8:55 PM
Mar 2017
I find it funny how Yumeko does not care who sent her the invitation, her obsession with gambles surpasses her own judgment and security, but that face of happiness of Yumeko is so purifying, this lovely and crazy girl. These last two episodes will be an original ending and if I'm honest I'm not surprised, the previous season they did the same and what happened next, we got this second season.
The scary look of Yumeko when she sees that Suzui speaks with Midari was frightening, Yumeko really hates Midari with all her being, remember that Midari ruined Yumeko's amusement.
Mary and Ririka also participate in this gamble, also Yuriko who wants to recover from her humiliating defeat.
Rei is the one who sent the invitations, but he says that it is an auction to get 100 chips, but in the end this auction is transformed into a gamble.
The rules do not seem very difficult, but the anonymity of who bets gives a bit of suspense.
Yumeko and her hatred for Midari gives me a lot of laughter, especially for the horrible face that Yumeko puts on and seeing Midari suffer for the rejection is very funny to watch.
It did not cost Mary much to discover that Rei hid something in this gamble and was that he also participated as a gambler and auctioneer, now that he has been discovered he decides not to participate and the rest of the gamblers begin to participate, Yumeko is excited to participate, but then they discover that there are more gamblers apart of those who are present and indeed 6 members of the Momobami family are participating from a remote area. Yumeko awakens her madness now that she knows there are new participants and also exposes Rei as the person who organizes this gamble, but Yumeko feels that Rei is contained and she offers him 3 billions of yenes, in exchange for him exposing his true self and he accepts and reveals himself exposing his female identity.

Well I always had my doubts if Rei was a man with a slightly feminine voice or a woman pretending to be a man, in the end it turned out that he was a woman and apparently I was not so far away, it is more than sure that we will know why Rei hid her female sude and how this gamble will end in the last episode.
Apr 5, 2019 11:27 PM

Jul 2009
Okay I love this episode! They were able to make use of Manyuda's 5 Billion Yen, since Jabami never used it anymore in the manga and was completely forgotten.

I'm liking Rei's role so far. It's obviously the last two episodes were dedicated for her.

I don't mind the Anime original episodes. Manga is kinda in a slowpace right now.

Can't wait for the finale!!
May 6, 2019 10:00 AM
Apr 2016
Well, seems like a bunch of trickery this time, not even a gamble, really. Decent episode.
Jun 24, 2019 9:55 PM

Feb 2015
Ryota called Mary and she and Ririka received it too, in their way, they encountered with Yuriko and Ikishima. Rei explained that the gamble is gonna be about auctions and the winner is gonna gamble against the auction’s organizer. They started to bet, but eventually Yumeko discovered first the dealer (Rei) is participating too, that there are other participants that they cannot see (hided) and that Rei himself is the organizer. Yumeko brought her money and pressed Rei to risk too, and he revealed his true identity.

To be honest, the episode was kind of boring until Rei revealed his true identity.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

147 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2019

79 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2019

51 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2019

63 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2019

57 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.