Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 7, 2018 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, so Koyomi did kinda have doubts about the script and her own work.

I think the episode was interesting in that there seems to be some testing between the relationship of Yuu/Touko. It's one of those episodes that brings out some more feelings from the main characters.

Not bad this episode. That dream Touko had though...
Dec 7, 2018 6:41 AM

Feb 2010
The stage play is just like a ceremony to Touko, a ceremony to terminate herself.

...the pace of this episode is too fast, by the way.
Dec 7, 2018 6:58 AM
Jan 2018
Yangbojian said:
The stage play is just like a ceremony to Touko, a ceremony to terminate herself.

they did 3 chapters from the normal 2
Dec 7, 2018 7:22 AM

Feb 2010
Mattinator95 said:
Yangbojian said:

Yup, ch.17~ch.19
Dec 7, 2018 7:26 AM
Jan 2018
Yangbojian said:
Mattinator95 said:

Yup, ch.17~ch.19

got a feeling its gonna be 3 chapters for last 3 episodes unless they aim to either end at the end of vol 4 or the 2 or 3rd chapter of vol 5
Dec 7, 2018 7:54 AM
Jun 2017
What i can say the important part of todays episode is the 1st part and last part where they are talking about dreams. As nanami (senpai) is asking about it, one of her classmate has said it might be she is always thinking about it... and on the last part she dreamt about her sister... and the last line she have said "i'll become my sister"...

Im wondering if what will happen in that stage play . Because of nanami (senpai) has other motive for pushing that stage play, (and that is to be her sister) that means the pressure will be tougher and complicated since she is pushing herself to be an another person. Lets see if she can maintain her 'sister'like or out of nowhere her 'true self' will appear. Im so excited about this one. Few more episodes remaining...
Dec 7, 2018 8:48 AM

Oct 2012
That dream though... She must feel guilty until this day.
Dec 7, 2018 8:51 AM

Oct 2011
I think the episode was unfocused, with too many separate threads (the wish, the dream, stage play script, reconnecting with an old friend, the study camp idea and preparations, Touko trying to hold back). But I guess we needed a calmer episode before some more drama, so I'm not complaining.
Dec 7, 2018 9:01 AM

Jun 2014
We meet the last person from the ending song(is it the first time?) I wonder what role he'll have in the story.
Dec 7, 2018 9:26 AM

Dec 2014
Well, that was quite the episode.

So the stage play is gonna be a yuri story with Nanami and Sayaka as the leads? I'm up for that. xD

Yuu kinda wants Nanami to bother her even though she complains about it. XD

Damn, that dream at the end. :(
Dec 7, 2018 9:52 AM

Oct 2018
Another super amazing episode :) Koyomi sure is quite the psychic, writing this play after basing it on a cast played by three lesbian girls. As well as managing to capture Nanami's weird mourning personality in the form of the main character.

Oh, I so hope we get to see the play! It will be super interesting to see how poor Sayaka will approach doing this role. It will surely be emotionally difficult. Good thing Riko-sensei, who seemed to appreciate this original script, and Miyako are there :) Surely she must wonder how come the world revolves so much around this Nanami character, now she's heard Yuu, Riko and Sayaka all speak of her on different occasions ^^ Soo looking forward to the next episode!
KawaritaiDec 7, 2018 9:58 AM
Dec 7, 2018 10:14 AM

Mar 2016
Poor Doujima! The only other guy in the student council is not even interested in girls.

Koyomi's script was good, but she got the characters freakishly accurate. I wondered how, but then I noticed her hair, which is shaped like a triangle. *gasp*

The teacher and her girlfriend are too cute.

Have we seen Yuu's friend before? I can't remember her, but they made it look like the character has already appeared before.

Nanami's flashback was sad. Still, her father looks like a good man, who cares for his living daughter and wants her to be happy in her own way.
Dec 7, 2018 10:25 AM

Nov 2009
Koyomi is really awesome with the script. Touko as a patient and Yuu as a nurse who is taking care of her. That is really a sad way to view their real relationship right?

FuMomo-kun said:

Have we seen Yuu's friend before? I can't remember her, but they made it look like the character has already appeared before.

Yuu's friend appeared before in ep.3. She hung out with Yuu, Akari and Koyomi and watched a movie together.
Marina2Dec 7, 2018 10:31 AM
Dec 7, 2018 10:59 AM
Jan 2018
3 chapters this episode. Makes me wonder now where they are going to finish.

Maybe end of Vol 4 would be a good place or maybe vol 5 chapter 24
Dec 7, 2018 11:45 AM

Mar 2016
Marina2 said:

FuMomo-kun said:

Yuu's friend appeared before in ep.3. She hung out with Yuu, Akari and Koyomi and watched a movie together.

There was a fourth person in that scene? I thought it was just Yuu and her two friends. My memory is too bad!!
Dec 7, 2018 12:44 PM

Aug 2017
It seems that this episode was a bit rushed.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 7, 2018 1:15 PM

Jun 2007
so much stuff packed into one episode, wow... i'm impressed with this show really.
that dream though ,__,
see you, space cowperson . . .
Dec 7, 2018 1:45 PM

Dec 2016
It's sad seeing Yuu compressing her emotions while at the same time telling herself she can't feel love. Her internal battle is pretty tough, and it's even tougher on her because of the restrictions Nanami put on their relationship. I hope that eventually she can break through all of them though, and since that probably won't happen in the remaining episodes as well as the manga still running I may have to go read that to see what happens past the anime lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 7, 2018 2:55 PM

Apr 2015
Oh dear, that dream at the end! So Touko has been feeling guilty all this time for when her sister passed.
Dec 7, 2018 4:26 PM
Mar 2015
Kano really does know Namani Natsuku was really sharp at seeing Yuu being invested in the Student Council That dream was just the kind they were talking about at the beginning. No wonder she wants to be her sister Loved how Yuu reacted to Nanam's call
Dec 7, 2018 6:51 PM
Mar 2017
Koyomi has a good eye, although she did it unconsciously.
Koyomi finally finishes the script of the play and the characters are already distributed, Touko and Sayaka will be girlfriends in the play, I think Sayaka had a hard time hiding her happiness, the story that Koyomi wrote is very interesting and is parallel to what happens with Touko's life.
I must say that I loved those moments when Yuu looks at Touko, at last we see Yuu interested in seeing her senpai, although she still acts as if Touko's personality bothers her.
Apparently Touko is still worried about what would happen if Yuu started to hate her, but I think that Touko would have to practically break Yuu's heart to accomplish that (I hope this never happens, with all my heart).
Yuu goes shopping with Natsuki and then they talk about how Yuu has changed and this is due in a certain way to Touko.
The phone conversation I loved, finally we see Yuu more interested in Touko, although she still hides it and Touko feels more relieved when she hears Yuu's voice.
The post-credit scene left me very shocked, we saw that Touko's older sister is very similar to the current Touko and we saw the relationship they had, both sisters were very close, so it is obvious that Touko feels that he should do everything that Her sister did not succeed, although hearing her say "I will become my sister" makes me very nervous.
Dec 7, 2018 8:02 PM

Feb 2016
I really love the voice acting on this anime, I could watch this anime for ages and never get tired of it, its not annoying like your usual generic voices (I'm pointing at you Citrus)

I'm really digging Koito and Nanami's relationship. It seems like Koito is starting to think about her relationship with Nanami, as how she isn't able to go one step ahead and instead she let Nanami control her. That's... very relatable to say the least, and I hate it xD.

5/5
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 7, 2018 9:09 PM

Jul 2010
This episode clearly picked up the pacing. What surprises me as a manga reader is how identical the anime is to the manga. I'm actually quite shook even though we're already on the 10th episode (you'd think I'd be used to it by now). LOL Although it seems that adapting 3 chapters into one episode is a lot... What's funny is that absolutely NOTHING was skipped. Everything from chapter 17 to 19 were adapted. Some scenes had minor changes such as the camera focusing on Miyako while Yuu was talking about Touko. I actually liked this part because you can clearly see Miyako's reaction because she knows it's about the same girl Sayaka likes. They also moved Touko's dream to the after credit instead of the beginning (which works just as well IMO, if not better). The study camp will start next episode!!

Honestly, I'm starting to get a bit nervous about how they are going to last until the student council play. In the manga, the play ended around chapter 32ish. They'll have to start adapting more than 3 chapters per episode to reach that point. With that said, TROYCA has been doing a great job so far so I'm going to keep believing that they will give it justice!

Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Dec 8, 2018 2:44 AM

Oct 2007
Sayaka this is your dream, even if it's only in a play.. you are in a loving relationship with Nanami-sempai! ^__^
Dec 8, 2018 5:56 AM

Feb 2014
The pacing did speed up compared to all of the episodes prior to this one, but at the same time, it still felt absolutely fine for me.

Koyomi did a pretty good job with the script for the story and one that sounds really interesting too. I can't help but laugh a bit when she looked very nervous in front of the student council as she explained more about the story and what characters the member will be playing.

That, along with exam studies, Yuu hanging out with Natsuki and Nanami's phone call to Yuu just gave off a really chill feeling for the whole episode. However, the scene after the credits shows Nanami dreaming of the last time she saw her sister alive and she vows that she'll become her sister. It does sound worrying when she says it like that, so it makes me believe that the last three episodes will contain a decent amount of drama. The calm before the storm, as the saying goes.
Dec 8, 2018 6:00 PM

Aug 2011
What can I say... Yuri is life, life is yuri.

Also AOTY.
Dec 8, 2018 8:25 PM

Jul 2016
It was a good episode as always although it's true that it felt a bit rushed since a lot of things happened but it wasn't a big problem either.

Wow, I have to say that Kanou is truly scary. Without knowing anything, she made such an accurate description of the main characters in her script. Even Sayaka was taken aback due to her astonishment.
Touko as the empty girl who doesn't know what kind of person she wants to be is just too accurate. I repeat it, Kanou is scary.

That aside, I think the talk they had on the phone was both sweet and sad since Touko thinks Yuu will never truly care for her when in reality, it's all the opposite. This only will make everything even more difficult to deal with when she realizes the true about Yuu's growing feelings towards her. And due to that, I can feel some heavy drama incoming during the study camp in the next episode.
Dec 8, 2018 10:52 PM

Oct 2014
I was expecting more yuri action because of the shed incident but alas, maybe I'm expecting too much.

Koito badly wants Nanami's attention (and lips) but she can't be the one who initiates. Maybe it about time to be true to herself or else, Sayaka might step up her game this time.

Good build up episode. The final 2 episodes will be golden I'm sure of it.

Dec 9, 2018 1:43 AM

Jul 2016
I don't know what they'll be able to do with three more episodes. I thought the stage show would have begun by now, but it hasn't.
Dec 9, 2018 2:29 AM
Sep 2018
IpreferEcchi said:
I don't know what they'll be able to do with three more episodes. I thought the stage show would have begun by now, but it hasn't.

There aren't enough episodes to include it without rushing the adaptation, so they're hoping for a season 2.
Dec 9, 2018 9:16 PM

Sep 2017
The developments with Yuu and Touko are pretty par for the course at this point. Yuu is noticing Touko more and more but still can't put it into words or understand. Touko is trying to back off a bit after feeling she went overboard last episode.

I really like the script Koyomi wrote. It's really captures Touko well as the lead. Since Koyomi somewhat intended for it to be that way so it doesn't feel forced. Plus the situation of having awoken from a coma is completely different. I initially thought that Yuu would be the lover, but from Koyomi's perspective that doesn't make much sense. Sayaka has feelings for Touko anyway so it should still lead to some interesting developments.

I also just wanna mention how Touko was raving about how just speaking with Yuu on the phone instantly calms her down, but on other end we get Yuu saying that speaking with Touko makes her anxious. It's a great touch and one of the reasons I love their dynamic so much.
Dec 10, 2018 1:14 AM

Mar 2017
Yuu really seems to be falling in love with Touko slowly.
I wonder who that guy is whom Hakozaki invited to come and see the stage performance.
Dec 10, 2018 4:53 AM

Oct 2008
Nothing really happened this episode...
except for Koyomi writing the roles for the Yuri...and Sayaka had doubts if Koyomi really knew nothing about the truth about Sayaka's secret involving Touko.
3/5.

Dec 10, 2018 11:15 AM

Mar 2016
Nothing really happened but.... It was a good episode seeing some more thinking from the characters

Dec 10, 2018 10:09 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good episode!

I have finally caught up with proceedings and it’ll be nice to keep up with the show during its climax! My feelings towards this show has swayed between two extremes(initially that of ‘Meh’ to ‘Oh, this is actually good!” to “No wonder why I don’t like Yuri/Yaoi”) and has finally now come down to a fine-to good standard. It’s really been on my mind for a whole day now(like constantly) and I suppose it’s because I see/saw a lot potential for this show. But let’s not get into that, I feel like I am/was expecting too much from this show and all after all.

As for this episode, nothing much event-wise occurred but it’s nice to see more monologues from the main characters. Yuu’s definitely starting to fall for Nanami and that last scene before the ED where the two conflicting sides were shown just sums up their odd relationship wholly. On the other hand, Koyomi’s script really just nailed it I must say. I surely didn’t expect to see her see through Nanami’s character like that. Looks like a Study Camp is to come soon, so I’m definitely lllking forward to that and seeing what else the finale has in store for us.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 11, 2018 2:32 AM

Nov 2011
Haha, casts for the play and character descriptions were nailed down quite well. Yuu is obviously smitten at this point, expect more sparks to fly at the retreat.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 11, 2018 12:45 PM
Supporter

Nov 2018
To me this episode did a few, great things. First I think it clearly illustrated the simple fragility of Yuu and Touko's relationship, but it also showed just how important each is to the other. We see Yuu starting to realize that she might be in love (just accept it already girl you got this) as well which is nice. I feel like the less plot-oriented and less suspenseful episode was a good break. I wish Touko would stop doubting Yuu's feelings so much!
Dec 14, 2018 7:15 AM

Nov 2016
I guess something really unexpected will happen during the stage play.

And dang, Touko so obsessed with her perfect sister.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 20, 2018 9:04 PM

May 2016
When I read the manga I didn't noticed that was the day Touko's sister died. I know why she felt guilty now.
Dec 27, 2018 5:56 AM

Jun 2014
I will read the manga after watching the anime anyway, but I still hope we'll get the stage play adapted.
The script is far too perfect for the respective actors, it's gonna be good.

This episode... I really liked Yuu's softball friend, and how clearly Touko and Yuu care for each other.

The ending scene - does it mean that if that day Touko went shopping instead of her sister she would die instead? No wonder she's so obsessed.
Dec 29, 2018 12:34 AM

Jul 2009
Another amazing episode! This adapts Chapter 17-19 of Volume 4. In fact, this is probably the most covered they have done in one episode. 85/181 pages of Volume 4 which is like half of it. Now I'm wondering if they'll be able to adapt it to Volume 5 instead of just ending it to Volume 4.

In terms of adaptation. It 95% the same with subtle difference. The manga used the flashback end scene first compared to the Anime which saved it last. The manga makes sense since in the beginning of the episode. Touko's classmates where talking about Deja Vu and about memories they keep dreaming. So seeing that dream in the manga first, then proceeding with this scenes makes much more sense. I guess they just wanted to save it for the last episode in the Anime.

Other differences like Yuu and Touko talking inside of the hallway instead of the outside. Touko being wake up by her alarm instead of the siren in her dreaming.

Can't wait for the next one!

Here's some comparison from the manga :)

I just noticed how Touko's bust is much bigger in the Anime than the Manga. I'm not complaining, just noticed it ^^

Dec 29, 2018 6:10 PM
Jul 2017
I've said it before. Touko needs some psychiatric help.
Jan 5, 2019 12:21 AM

Jul 2009
This felt like the slowest episode for me so far, although that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm sensing some incoming drama right before the stage show.
Jan 28, 2019 4:07 PM

Sep 2011
If only Touko knew how excited Yuu was, being able to talk with her :P

I hope Touko will be able to move on with her sister's death by the end of the anime, this clearly isn't healthy...
Feb 1, 2019 6:48 AM
Apr 2014
man_with_a_beard said:
I've said it before. Touko needs some psychiatric help.

I've been on the edge of my seat ever since that look Touko gave Yuu, the moment they both realise Yuu is in love with Touko is going to be heartrending. Touko really is unfair.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Feb 17, 2019 6:28 PM

Apr 2012
I like how the characters recognize that the yuri element in the play will attract a lot of people, but at the same time the idea of ​​a kiss is rejected as obviously vulgar pandering. They do not even try to be subtle with the message that people will more easily accept the idea that another girl will play the school idol Touko's beloved than any of the guys. I do not know if this was really should have been perceived as a comment about yuri in heterosexual media, but for me personally it looked that way. However, it is possible that such an impression was formed solely due to the fact that this trope as a whole is intended for all-female works.

RobertBobertFeb 17, 2019 6:52 PM
Feb 28, 2019 5:02 PM

Jun 2015
i have the unsettling feeling the play wont go as well as they want it to
Mar 17, 2019 6:06 PM

May 2012
Oof that story was pretty spot on, quite something if you ask me! Looking forward to see what will go down on the "study camp" :3

But yikes that flashback :| I guess that really gets to you if it happened because of such a decision :/
Jun 3, 2019 11:22 AM

Sep 2012
i hope the play has a plottwist nurse gets tge mc (fitting cause this is her role loose touka to yuu) 😂
Nov 7, 2019 9:56 AM

Feb 2019
Another great episode. That story written by Kano sure is interesting. And the part where the main character's lover was a girl was unexpected, and that it was Sayaka even moreso lol but loved this episode due to the interaction between Yuu and Touko, Touko trying to hold back (which is really cute), and Yuu's inner thoughts as she falls deeper in love with Touko while trying to deny it.

The appearance of Touko's family was something I really enjoyed too, even if it was short. And it seems her father realises that she's doing this to become her sister, not because of herself and that he's worried about her.

The contrast during their conversation was well-done. How it was calming for Touko but anxious for Yuu, reflecting once again their conflicting objectives.

That ending though was the one that hit the hardest. She really does look like her sister. I guess that was the day her sister was killed in the traffic accident and she keeps remembering that day as the stage show approaches. It was freaky to see her say that she'll become her sister. She's basically planning to "kill herself" and take the place of her sister that's gone, which is slightly disturbing to me. Not just that, it's really sad that she's denying herself and becoming someone she's not, someone whose life passed away. I just realised the significance of this stage show: it was the last point in her sister's life that she never could finish because she was killed, meaning that if Touko does it it's like she's picking up where her sister left off, effectively just continuing her sister's life, and in this case, becoming her sister.

Can't wait to see more and see how this develops.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Romances On A Similar Level To Bloom Into You?

Enderobot - May 2

10 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
May 4, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

112 by oDaw1 »»
May 3, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2018

199 by Worsethansoap »»
Mar 24, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

246 by rieeya »»
Feb 28, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.