Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 9, 2018 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, we finally got to meet the creature in the show. And it's a strange one.

It has no common logic at all even if I had to describe it.
Oct 9, 2018 10:19 AM

May 2014
What am I watching lmao, bizarre as hell.
Oct 9, 2018 10:45 AM

Jun 2015
Feels Furry man lmao

Quite a weird short anime
Oct 9, 2018 10:58 AM

Nov 2016
I've no idea what's going on.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2018 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
so his wife is really a retarded pet lol
Oct 9, 2018 11:13 AM

Nov 2009
For an anime like this, what makes or breaks it is the heroine.
This furry creature is not even sapient. It doesn't speak, can't use a door unassisted, and chooses a lifelong partner without even bothering to research their biology.
No idea why other people go along with it. Maybe it has mind control powers.
I'm okay with girls being adorably dumb, but this is too much.
Dropped.
Oct 9, 2018 11:34 AM
Apr 2016
WHYYYYYYYYY DAIKI WHYYYY DID YOU ACCEPT THIS??? HAVE YOU NOT ENOUGH MONEY? HAVE YOU NO DIG-NI-TY AS A VOICE ACTOR??! Nothing in this world stays untarnished it seems. Love,Trigger,Hiroyuki Sawano, Vegetarianism, Trigger... what else is left I inquire???
Re:formed
Oct 9, 2018 11:35 AM

Aug 2018
No no, I think the dude is the fluffy thing's wife. That's what the synopsis says at least. Also, wtf is going on? Looks like it's 12 episodes that are only 3 minutes long, so Imma keep watching this troll of an anime I guess
Oct 9, 2018 1:06 PM

Mar 2016
This is completely stupid. Maybe, that is the reason why I love it so much!

The husband is like a giant teddy bear.

I must have been watching a lot of animes, because I am not even questioning the events of this.
Oct 9, 2018 2:19 PM

Jan 2018
Well we got more of an actual episode this time but I'm still just as confused if not more so.
Oct 9, 2018 2:32 PM

Oct 2013
Drop something so short is stupid

But seriously eating his head is a sort of running gag I suppose ...? brrrr
Oct 9, 2018 3:05 PM

May 2018
This should be one interesting wedding night! LMAO!!

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Oct 9, 2018 4:25 PM
May 2007
People hating and trashing this anime just because it's not the nonhuman wifes x female/male human husbands they dreamed of. This is hilarious and typical MAL. I love me more cute boy brides.
Oct 9, 2018 5:34 PM

Dec 2016
Somehow boring and repetitive in only 3 min episodes lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 9, 2018 5:40 PM

Feb 2014
Well, atleast now is longer.
Oct 9, 2018 5:55 PM

Oct 2018
Liked it a lot better than the first episode. It was weird as hell and I want more. Wish the episodes were longer, so we could get better character development, plot, etc. Still, I like it for what it is so far.
Oct 9, 2018 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
HisokaxMeruem said:
so his wife is really a retarded pet lol
That's where you're wrong, he's the wife.
Oct 9, 2018 6:52 PM

Mar 2017
This feels more like a proper episode now though I'm not sure what to think of the "husband" in this relationship.
Oct 9, 2018 7:04 PM

Jul 2015
Wtf am I watching lmao
Oct 9, 2018 8:43 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Too many comments taking the series at face value, lol. All I'm seeing is a cute relationship between a strange creature and a human. Although they are "married", it's pretty much just the two becoming a family. No less different than a human adopting or buying a pet and calling it their daughter or son. That's my take on it. Does anyone honestly think they're going to procreate?

Anyways, it was a cute episode, kinda reminds me of Miira no Kaikata, except the relationship is a bit more on equal grounds rather than solely being a caretaker.
Oct 9, 2018 8:50 PM

Nov 2011
They gave Midoriya a break before he starts season 4 of MHA. This is like a Exhibition game to keep him loose for season 4 lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 9, 2018 9:15 PM
Nov 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
WHYYYYYYYYY DAIKI WHYYYY DID YOU ACCEPT THIS??? HAVE YOU NOT ENOUGH MONEY? HAVE YOU NO DIG-NI-TY AS A VOICE ACTOR??! Nothing in this world stays untarnished it seems. Love,Trigger,Hiroyuki Sawano, Vegetarianism, Trigger... what else is left I inquire???
KanaHana is doing Devidol this season. That one is as painful to watch as anything I've ever seen. Literally. It's downright eyeball-searing.
Oct 9, 2018 9:54 PM
May 2007
tingy said:
Too many comments taking the series at face value, lol. All I'm seeing is a cute relationship between a strange creature and a human. Although they are "married", it's pretty much just the two becoming a family. No less different than a human adopting or buying a pet and calling it their daughter or son. That's my take on it. Does anyone honestly think they're going to procreate?

Anyways, it was a cute episode, kinda reminds me of Miira no Kaikata, except the relationship is a bit more on equal grounds rather than solely being a caretaker.

Finally someone gets it. Thank you!
I won't be surprised if they take the marriage seriously and call the relation yaoi.
Oct 10, 2018 12:13 AM
Apr 2016
DarkAudit said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
KanaHana is doing Devidol this season. That one is as painful to watch as anything I've ever seen. Literally. It's downright eyeball-searing.

I kind of have lost the delusion of female voice actors long ago. But the males seemed to be actually serious about their work. I thought they were not just acting, but were re-creating the character in their mind. That they would not be wasting their talent and time on... fourth rate series. Especially someone like Daiki, who is playing heroes and heroes AND NOW THIS what am I to believe anymore??
Re:formed
Oct 10, 2018 1:42 AM

May 2015
This is better than the second half of My Hero Academia season 3.
Oct 10, 2018 2:41 AM

Apr 2017
I'm not sure if I would want to put my head into the mouth of creature that eats concrete as a snack. Either way, this is rather bizarre, not even JoJo can compare :P I guess I will continue watching this for now though. It's super short anyway. It seems like the guy has furry fetish, so maybe he has won this.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Oct 10, 2018 3:35 AM

Oct 2008
feels weird watching this show.
if that creature is smaller, it could've been cuter!
3/5.

Oct 10, 2018 4:40 AM
Nov 2016
So....slow paced comfy of the season or furry trash?
Oct 10, 2018 5:39 AM

Mar 2016
honestly i like it, it's a nice break from all the gs drama and i really like that creature
Oct 10, 2018 5:55 AM

Aug 2018
On some ways, this is scarier than most Junji Ito manga.....
This is some bizzare shit (and how can he be okay marrying that thing, nightmare fuel, pure nightmare fuel...
HENTAI
IS
ART
Oct 10, 2018 2:04 PM

Nov 2013
2nd apisode and I am now confused even more.
How does this show manage to both tell so little and get the "story" even more confusing in such a short time slot?

tingy said:
Does anyone honestly think they're going to procreate?
It wouldn't surprise me it that's where the show would go, not at all.
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 10, 2018 2:55 PM
Mar 2018
it has no logic, nobody gets what's going on and that's why I love it
Oct 10, 2018 5:42 PM

Oct 2015
This was so so weird, creepy odd and strange.

What was cute about that?? I'm trying to wrap my head around this. Looks like I'm in for it now.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 10, 2018 5:48 PM

Oct 2015
tingy said:

Best comment so far and it sure changed my perception about this anime.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 10, 2018 9:35 PM

Mar 2012
I'm interested for the next episodes hahaha what is going on

Why are people taking this so seriously... it's a cute light-hearted series with bizarre friendships/families. As we can see in the OP the protag's classmates seem to have been also married to other unknown creatures too hmmm

(daiki's voice when he was scolding himself about noticing the fur is so funny lol)
Oct 10, 2018 10:16 PM

Feb 2015
tingy said:
Does anyone honestly think they're going to procreate?

Nah, they gotta leave something for the OVA. :D

Seriously though, while it is a little the weird side it's not bad. Just a slow change of pace. I like having a couple shorts to watch during a season so this series may make the cut.
Oct 11, 2018 4:56 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
... I'm still waiting for someone to hand me a middle school yearbook and a free house. I'll put on a furry monster suit if that helps. C'mon people! Please??!
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 11, 2018 1:47 PM
Jun 2016
enjoyingish this main issue is it's too short to really now whats going on.
Oct 12, 2018 6:22 AM
Oct 2018
( ̄_ ̄)・・・ I am not entirely sure what I am watching at this point... It is short though so I think I will keep watching this freaky fluff ball and his ... "wife".
Oct 13, 2018 10:46 PM

Mar 2016
The story has continue after they registered their "marriage". Our Mc is given a home to live together, and some SoL'ish things happening there. Thats all

Yeah.... i feel it's kinda good step although it's too slow (because this short has only 3 minutes), they should introduced the other character in this episode.
But it not bad either. They relationship is really adorable to watch even it's feel kinda short for me.

In synapsis they said that MC is "wife" right??? So who is the Wife and Husband now?? I'm confused right now because the shitty subtitles.

Kiibean said:
So he really is going to fuck that bear

Also this

Oct 14, 2018 5:10 PM

Jun 2014
Say what you want, but thoss two one eyed girls in the ending song are cute...
Oct 15, 2018 3:53 PM
Aug 2011
I can't really get into this a as a furry myself.

It has some cute moments but for 3 minute shorts it can't hold me over on that alone. It's not really funny and while I can see the idea working I just don't really feel for it.
Oct 16, 2018 12:22 PM

May 2018
Shadow-Chan said:
tingy said:

I won't be surprised if they take the marriage seriously and call the relation yaoi.

Except that reasoning taking the show at face value totally misses the point. That series is a perfect example of a (really, REALLY) stupid idea being adapted, nothing more, nothing less. If we have reached that low point in 2018 already, Japan can might as well make an anime out of the likes of "Sharknado" and similar stuff. But that might be just me. ;)

In that regard, the only question I asked myself was "Why?". I don't give a lot of bad scores but this is straight up 1/10 material. I'll watch it through the end though since it is a 3minute-anime, so whatever.
Oct 16, 2018 3:43 PM
May 2007
ArrRti said:
Shadow-Chan said:

Except that reasoning taking the show at face value totally misses the point. That series is a perfect example of a (really, REALLY) stupid idea being adapted, nothing more, nothing less. If we have reached that low point in 2018 already, Japan can might as well make an anime out of the likes of "Sharknado" and similar stuff. But that might be just me. ;)

In that regard, the only question I asked myself was "Why?". I don't give a lot of bad scores but this is straight up 1/10 material. I'll watch it through the end though since it is a 3minute-anime, so whatever.

There can be different human-nonhuman relationship ideas. Just because the human happened to be a boy is not stupid. The story also has girls as brides but focuses more on boys and their nonhuman husbands. Humans are wives to those pets-like creatures, they take care of them and live together as couples. There are many more human-nonhuman love stories collected here this is nothing weird or uncommon.
Oct 16, 2018 4:31 PM

May 2018
Oh my. Yes, there can be good stories of this premise if the actual presentation is actually well done, I won't deny that.
I'm no expert in this genre but "Wolf Children" as example is an geniuine well done representative.
But let's be real, this one is not and it's highly questionable how the author got the okay for his/her work. Nothing about the synopsis (especially the synopsis) nor the presentation can even qualify as "below average" or higher. If the author just wanted it to be as weird as possible: Good job.
And people can whitewash it as much as they want, a turd will always be a turd.

The show is actually not even worth discussing, (same goes for the space fishing anime, seriously) it stands well deserved at the bottom tier of the seasonal.
But unlike other bad anime (like Pupa), luckily this will be very fast forgotten in the dumpster when the season ends, it is neither memorable nor does it have any redeeming quality.
Oct 16, 2018 5:18 PM
May 2007
@ArrRti please. I'm just enjoying and loving it for the comedy and fluff also for the cute boys. I don't think it can appeal to everyone because the story is supposed to apeal more to girls. You are taking a simple story and comparing it to nothing similar. If I want to compare this anime to anything it should be Miira no Kaikata where a cute human boy lives together with a cute little nonhuman and takes care of it.
Oct 19, 2018 3:10 PM

Dec 2016
"Is this play biting?"
what the hell?
modge
Dec 23, 2018 12:46 AM

May 2013
Oh my..... he's actually converting to being attracted to a monster, haha. Like... in Mahoutsukai no Yome, it's alright bc Elias can speak and do everything a person can, plus extra magical stuff. This creature is another story, so it's kinda weird xD

Oh well.
Jan 16, 2019 10:52 AM
Mar 2017
̶J̶i̶n̶g̶a̶y̶-̶s̶a̶n̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶Y̶o̶m̶e̶
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 18, 2021 10:33 PM

Jan 2021
I have no idea what's going on lol
I actually kinda like it...?!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jingai-san no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2018

56 by KingYoshi »»
Apr 18, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Jingai-san no Yome Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2018

14 by mutelore »»
Jun 18, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Jingai-san no Yome Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2018

14 by mutelore »»
Jun 18, 2023 11:49 PM

Poll: » Jingai-san no Yome Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2018

20 by mutelore »»
Jun 18, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Jingai-san no Yome Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2018

17 by mutelore »»
Jun 18, 2023 11:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.