Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2014 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was an alright episode. Felt kinda slow but overall well coordinated as Saburou takes on his role more. Kichou's support of him also bought them closer somewhat.

I'm expecting some better action though from the show but it was cleverly crafted imo. That armor fits good on Saburou.
Aug 1, 2014 4:15 PM

Nov 2007
lol~, his idea is basic.

War time, but they don't follow because they doubt him. He won, though, with limited followers, but with information.

Oh, that ugly guy I said sounds like KajiKaji is actually Nakamura-san's voice (I just realized), and a spy that wants Oda family to fail. Seems like he's changing the history?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 3, 2014 2:28 PM

Jun 2014
nice ep.
looks like saburou changed the story .
Aug 3, 2014 10:45 PM

Apr 2014
Great episode, i would liked to se more of the battle
Aug 4, 2014 10:01 PM

Nov 2007
"Hey Leeeeadrrr Hey"
"Gud Jobu"

The engrish in this show....fantastic. Also, Kichou x Saburou is cute as heck.

I got to say I'm disappointed in some aspects of the episode though. They just skipped all the details of the battle with Yoshimoto. I wanted to see how he did it damn it! I also wanted to see for a while now how Saburou feels about the ultra violence of the era but a lot of the more unpleasant aspects haven't been addressed.

At the moment, as much as I like Saburou, I don't really understand him. Does he actually plan things out or does he deal with things as they happen, driven only by his compulsion to follow Nobunaga's history combined with his carefree personality and a bit of luck? I can't really make a solid case for either right now. If only they had shown the details of the battle. Honestly, that Saburou shows no emotional consequence to killing is sort of disconcerting. It's definitely not that he doesn't care about these people, but it feels like he's viewing the whole situation like a game or a play. I hope it isn't, but like I said, the show isn't helping me understand him yet.
Aug 5, 2014 10:47 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Saburo is way too carefree to be the lord of Oda clan, yet he ends up achieving the most effective result as one. Too lucky or that's how the history would run regardless?

I like how his general thought that Saburo was being extra careful when he said, "Eat well. Sleep well." to prevent his surprise attack plan from being revealed to the spies.
Little did they know, he's just too chill and totally acted on impulse. XD

Tokichiro is confronted by his partner and is accused of assisting Nobunaga in his surprise attack. How I wished he'd die right then and there.. can't stand this guy at all! -.-

Decent episode. Good to see Tokichiro getting trolled almost undeliberately. XD

Aug 6, 2014 12:26 AM

May 2012
looks like we cant see some epic clashing T_T,,
"Eat well and Sleep well" I LOLed so hard..

Aug 6, 2014 12:31 AM

Aug 2013
Laughed out loud at the trio mimicking Saburou's "good job" *thumbs up* XD!

I kept thinking Masa might be a traitor because he didn't send him to Okehazama but turns out the other location is the right one. So history really has been altered :o

It was so funny hearing Shibata and the other guy give Saburou way too much credit about throwing off the spies thinking that Saburou misleading his men was his plan all along. Lucky fool XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 6, 2014 1:27 AM

Apr 2014
Kichoooooooooooou how you so based. ♥

The facial animation was terrible this episode -- worse I've ever seen it. It was as if I was watching an old Speed Racer cartoon: open/close, eyebrow jerk, head twitch. Super weird, though, especially since in the same scene were things like robes and horses and fingers moving smoothly.

Nonetheless, def. think this show's a keeper. Have grown to the charm of rarely knowing what the hell Saburou is thinking and therefore being surprised by the unpredictability of his foolishness or cleverness, sometimes within the same plan.

For instance, "Leader" and Friends were great. I love them. *thumbs up* But at the same time, without considering Assassin-san...
xchee said:
It was so funny hearing Shibata and the other guy give Saburou way too much credit about throwing off the spies thinking that Saburou misleading his men was his plan all along. Lucky fool XD
...cannot be anything but pure luck.

I am hella interested in whether this changed history or the history was recorded wrong (which is a thing that can happen).
Aug 6, 2014 2:30 AM

Jan 2014
"Eat well and sleep well"
*dead silence*

That scene made me laugh. And all those "leeeedaaa" pronunciations in the episode
Aug 6, 2014 2:32 AM

Jan 2011
I'm starting to get the feeling that the real Nobunaga will come back as Mitsuhide.
Aug 6, 2014 3:37 AM

Oct 2009
ReaperCreeper said:
I'm starting to get the feeling that the real Nobunaga will come back as Mitsuhide.

i get feeling, your wish will come true...

okay, this is really good episode, battle of information is the key in this war.
good job to saburo, to follow the history by lucky....hahahaha :D
ranoaAug 6, 2014 4:33 AM
Aug 6, 2014 3:38 AM

Apr 2008
Another awesome episode!
xchee said:
Laughed out loud at the trio mimicking Saburou's "good job" *thumbs up* XD!...
Indeed! XD

Next time we finally get to meet Oichi - been curious since she's listed as a main character - and seems something is going down with the real Nobunaga...
nehnehnejiAug 6, 2014 4:01 AM
Aug 6, 2014 5:04 AM

May 2014
I'm not happy how they skipped the actual encounter and just hinted at it. But I guess it's because they can't animate it with this method and the budget constraints.

Saburou is quite the simpleton, he simply acts on impulse with thow the history plays out in his mind, while everyone else is concerned about everything else. He just made friends with the neighbouring villagers and had them share info just by being a nice fellow.

Certainly a light period drama, but I'll take what I can get.

4/5 - Light, but well founded.
Aug 6, 2014 6:01 AM

Jun 2014
This show is funny and and is keeping my interest but I am disappointed by the skipping of any action. For a show set in Sengoku Japan I was hoping for some battles, or at least ones that are more detailed than the little bit of the Imagawa battle in the ED. Still, liking all the developments and am keen to see what's gonna happen next.
TwinTailsFetishAug 6, 2014 6:05 AM
Aug 6, 2014 6:50 AM
Jul 2014
Good episode this week :) I was laughing when Saburou said "Eat well Sleep well" xD and that Engrish xD... Too funny.

I have to aggree with @CookieBun I'm not so sure myself what the heck Sabusou is thinking, I don't really understand him :s he's way too carefree and he solemly acts on impulse.

Though I would have loved to see some of the battle, it was rushed too quick (actually we saw nothing really..). Isn't the purpose of this history based show to actually show the battles? I mean we are talking about a bloody era. Well whatever I hope to see some more action next time :)
Aug 6, 2014 6:57 AM

Jun 2008
Aside from adjusting to the animation, I've really enjoyed the show so far.

Keeps reminding me more of Zipang each episode, minus the ships xD
This might not get seen but if you have any anime recommendations that have this type of historical accurate type of theme, I'd like to hear it.
Aug 6, 2014 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
Loved this episode as well!
I don't mind that they didn't show the battle. I'm sure they'll show one whenever there's a huge change or climax in the story. A more important battle.
Aug 6, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2011
weaker episode than the last 2 but it was still fun, I just didnt like how the battle was so glanced over. Still I think this episode does do a good job setting up future event. I'm really interested in where this antagonist goes in the story as I think he has potential to be very memorable.

Also the whole leader situation was hilarious.

4/5

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 6, 2014 12:29 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, he just changed history.... not a good sign. It's setting up the story for a future event, and when he ultimately returns to his own time everything will be different. o_o

CookieBun said:

I got to say I'm disappointed in some aspects of the episode though. They just skipped all the details of the battle with Yoshimoto. I wanted to see how he did it damn it! I also wanted to see for a while now how Saburou feels about the ultra violence of the era but a lot of the more unpleasant aspects haven't been addressed.

At the moment, as much as I like Saburou, I don't really understand him. Does he actually plan things out or does he deal with things as they happen, driven only by his compulsion to follow Nobunaga's history combined with his carefree personality and a bit of luck? I can't really make a solid case for either right now. If only they had shown the details of the battle. Honestly, that Saburou shows no emotional consequence to killing is sort of disconcerting. It's definitely not that he doesn't care about these people, but it feels like he's viewing the whole situation like a game or a play. I hope it isn't, but like I said, the show isn't helping me understand him yet.

Probably seems like a game to him because he already knows what will happen and just has to carry it out. You know, until the changes he makes to history come to bite him back. I'm interested in knowing if the battle was done in a similar fashion in the manga and live action.

Well I"m still wanting to see how this continues.
Aug 6, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2012
I don't mind skipping over the battle, as long as we get some later on when it really counts. That'll be very important insight to Saburou's character at a time when we'll need it the most. I think it leaving us in the dark on him a bit serves a purpose, for now.
Aug 6, 2014 12:46 PM
Aug 2011
Wish they didn't skip the battle like that but uhhh it seems that Nobunaga just changed history.
I have a feeling this will not bode well at all. This is probably one the biggest points of interest right now.
If he keeps going like this and changing everything then who knows what will happen.

Love it when he uses modern English words and no one knows what he's talking about.
Aug 6, 2014 2:13 PM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
the main character is so fucking great! xD
Aug 6, 2014 2:47 PM
Mar 2013
Whether intentional or not, I find the blatant skimming-over of battle scenes to be great. We've seen plenty of battle scenes in other action-centric samurai and Warring States shows, so there's no point in competing over that. It was tastefully done, playing to the show's strengths, allowing for more focus on the characters, not to mention complementing Saburou's lack of f*cks to give!

Oh and. 'Gudu jobu!' xD

Lots of praise for this as-of-yet fantastic anime.
Aug 6, 2014 2:57 PM
Jul 2014
Great episode although a battle scene would have been nice.

tsubasalover said:
and a spy that wants Oda family to fail. Seems like he's changing the history?

Well they said the spy's name is Tokichiro. I believed he revered the Oda while Nobunaga was alive but as soon as Nobunaga died, we both know what happened lol.

Aug 6, 2014 3:11 PM

Feb 2010
Seems like it's going to the 'I changed the past' pattern
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Aug 6, 2014 3:54 PM

May 2011
Oh love how Nobunaga just took a nap waiting for everyone to show up. It was such a wonderful moment seeing the clouds part and hearing that he had beaten Imagawa. xD
Aug 6, 2014 3:59 PM

Mar 2014
This anime is slowly becoming one of my favorites this season.
Aug 6, 2014 6:50 PM

Jun 2013
he just changed history! wonder how will that effect the story
Aug 6, 2014 7:59 PM

Jul 2012
pLaguE_ said:
This anime is slowly becoming one of my favorites this season.

It already is, for me.

T3hSource said:
I'm not happy how they skipped the actual encounter and just hinted at it. But I guess it's because they can't animate it with this method and the budget constraints.

This is my only complaint this episode. Everything else was so well paced but they had to just skim over that. At least throw in a few stills (as in stationary pictures).

Yo, the last scene with Kichou hugging him while he slept...SO CUTE. This OST has it all - the epic orchestral battle music and now, even the fuzzy, precious piano pieces too.

Like usual, this show does not disappoint.
Aug 6, 2014 7:59 PM

Jul 2010
The skip of the battle wasn't that annoying as I imagined, but I can see that people didn't like it. Like @Oshii said, they allowed for more focus on the characters and, after all, this is the main focus of the show, not the action.

Kichou is too lovely but I fear for her safety. This way she will become a target sooner or later. Meanwhile the villain is playing a good role, he indeed have potential.

Anyway, hilarious episode. Mamoru Miyano is so perfect for the role.

Shaniyaz said:
Saburo is way too carefree to be the lord of Oda clan, yet he ends up achieving the most effective result as one. Too lucky or that's how the history would run regardless?

I think it's the first option since he just changed history, as it was proved when he said the place of the main battle was changed.
Aug 6, 2014 8:03 PM

Jul 2012
Akanezora said:
The skip of the battle wasn't that annoying as I imagined, but I can see that people didn't like it. Like @Oshii said, they allowed for more focus on the characters and, after all, this is the main focus of the show, not the action.

I don't mind skipping over the fighting and stuff, but I wish we got some visuals for it :S But whatever, the episode ended off perfectly so I'm not complaining!

Akanezora said:
Kichou is too lovely but I fear for her safety. This way she will become a target sooner or later. Meanwhile the villain is playing a good role, he indeed have potential.

Yeah this O_O After they defeated Yoshimoto, I was really worried that Kichou might have been where they were living before. Then they showed the scene with Kinoshita at the burned down house and I was so freaked out LOL
Aug 7, 2014 3:27 AM

Dec 2008
I was waiting for Toukichirou to become "Monkey" but oh well...good job!
Aug 7, 2014 11:17 AM

Sep 2011
Epic episode !!
Aug 7, 2014 4:49 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Seriously love how some believe Saburo to be a genius despite him just being super lucky. Hilarious moment when that one guy came to Saburo and said that "a man named 'LEA-dah' is waiting outside the gates." Omg the way that man said leader killed me. Also that moment when the villagers were waiting outside the gates with the torches was wonderful, definitely very thoughtful of leader :)
Aug 9, 2014 10:35 AM

Nov 2013
I have to say this anime is getting much better than I expected.
You all need to watch Nami.

Aug 9, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2012
MAL score finally in the 7s. Bless.
Aug 11, 2014 12:00 AM

Feb 2013
Similar to Kingdom, I predict a 'skyrocketing-score' finish. (Of course, assuming the quality in this series stays this consistent.)
Aug 22, 2014 1:45 AM

Jan 2014
Grrrrreat !! Nabunaga, or whatever his name really is, is such a cool character.
Wish there be a huge number of episodes for this amazing anime !! ^_______^
Aug 30, 2014 2:47 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder if Tokichiro is also someone from the present time. It look like instead of Saburou, he is trying to change history. Also, his scene where he stand between the piles of bodies was pretty powerful.

''Who cares about details!''
Saburou is so careless, didn't even checked his manual before going to the fight xD
But it was a clever idea to use spies.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 24, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2013
Saburo is so lucky damn HAHA
Oct 1, 2014 12:07 AM

Jun 2011
What.. the fuck? Lol this show requires a hella lot of suspension of disbelief, and obviously his enemy is much more of a fool than ze fool Oda Nobunaga, okay, now I got it. I mean, damn, I don't know if I should call him an idiot, or a genius, or what. It'd be so much better to hear some of his monologues / thoughts.

"Wait, did that happened? Oh well"
Then war is won. Yay happy ending.

One of the more overrated show of the season at this point.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 15, 2014 9:21 AM

May 2012
Nice victory! Let's see what happens next though.
Oct 15, 2014 8:36 PM

Jul 2013
Saburou won an amazing battle but they should've shown how he did it. It would've been so awesome.
Oct 17, 2014 10:26 AM
May 2012
Leader for the win ahahaha. "Good job!! Good job!!"
Man, I wish they showed us how Saburou defeated Imagawa.
Did Saburou unknowingly changed history?? That's trouble!!
Saburou x Kichou <3 What will happen now if Nobunaga returned??
Well, I need to do some stuffs. I shall continue this tomorrow~
Dec 22, 2014 7:29 AM

Sep 2013
All those pronunciations of "leader" hahahaha! I hope there are lots more of this leader business to come
May 5, 2015 1:59 PM

Jan 2012
Good job First battle they want. lol Eat well, Sleep well.

Jan 4, 2016 5:00 PM

Aug 2014
i continue to be impressed with this anime tbh. like it has enganged me to the extent that i was cheering when saburou still defeats imagawa.

i love how Saburou just does what he sees fit but then his generals are looking into deeper meanings into his actions lmao.
Feb 11, 2016 1:04 AM

Aug 2015
Good Jooobu , damn im so late ==
Dec 18, 2016 7:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
How a lesson of history, that´s find, but how anime is a little fool, because if you has a book with the information about "your" how you don´t read it to know more? This episode was regular, just!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

132 by oooo3333 »»
Sep 29, 2022 7:50 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

49 by erenmeii »»
Dec 5, 2021 9:06 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

117 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 20, 2020 1:33 PM

» What is exactly different in the animation of Nobunaga Concerto?

Kashirou - May 21, 2017

1 by KonoDioDakeda »»
Sep 18, 2019 12:52 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga Concerto Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

40 by R2 »»
Apr 26, 2018 1:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.