Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 18, 2019 6:15 PM

Jun 2019
I can't fall asleep, now I'm just making any thread just because.

When I was a kid I hated my name. Think of a real old people name in your country, that would be equivalent to my name. I swore to my parents so many times I'd change my name when I got older. My father had the audacity to say: "go ahead, maybe the court will mistake you for an adult".

Good times.

The worst part was that my younger brother got a nice normal name. I think my dad hated me. Now that I'm an adult, names don't matter much no more.

And you? Do you like your real life name? Did you always like it? Did your parents hate you as well?

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 18, 2019 6:23 PM

Jan 2009
i prefer my name to be Mark or Klark since my real name is Clark, my little OCD wants my name close to how we filipinos spell words in very more simple rules than english language does like we spell Ball as Bol only

so ye that nitpicking is my only hate on my name
Sep 18, 2019 6:32 PM

Mar 2019
Nope, I thoroughly dislike it.

I want a cool name like "Awesomenator" or "Ethelberght".

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Sep 18, 2019 6:33 PM

Mar 2011
I like my name alot, it's a solid name that adds to my initials to form something that strikes authority.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Sep 18, 2019 6:34 PM

Dec 2012
I mean I like my name but it didn't take long to find it in the book :|

Sep 18, 2019 6:35 PM

Nov 2018
completely
I love the fact that I've never met anyone with the same name as mine, and yet it's a simple and incisive name

❝見つめないで 悲しい方を
目を瞑って 口づけしよう
甘く溶けるメロディー❞

❝邪魔しないで
真夜中のパラダイス
息もせずに潜っていく
二人だけのダンス❞
Sep 18, 2019 6:36 PM

Jun 2019
Sphinxter said:
Nope, I thoroughly dislike it.

I want a cool name like "Awesomenator" or "Ethelberght".
That's a valid request if I ever saw one

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Sep 18, 2019 6:40 PM

Feb 2019
I do like my name and I never had the desire to change it, I think it matches well with my surname. Some have said it has a 'rich kid' sound to it, but I don't think so.

One of my sisters, though, hates her name so much she went through a phase in which she demanded to be called by her 'fated' name, instead of her real one.
Sep 18, 2019 8:41 PM

Jul 2016
i hate mine with every fiber of my being lol

its name of a prophet (or something like that) from Islam. even outside the "lore", its too fuckin short, i hate the way it sounds
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2019 10:22 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
My mom was going to name me Charicia/Chapricia (or something) to rhyme with her name, Patricia. My aunt stepped in and said that was a stupid idea and that she'd be ruining my life if she gave me that name. Dodged a bullet there, so I can't complain with my current name.

The particular spelling of my name is not super duper common, so I tend to fight to the death with anyone who has the same spelling of my name. There can only be one.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 18, 2019 10:33 PM

Oct 2015
Newp, I think it sounds super weird =w=
Though there's a more common, alternate spelling for it that I don't have, and it sounds even worse in my opinion. At least I managed to escape that fate~ :'3
Sep 18, 2019 10:39 PM

Jun 2016
I'm satisfied with it but it's a pain in the ass when trying to get people outside my nation to pronounce. They just make fun of it which is just at this point, trite but people always try to find something to laugh at. Oh well.
Gift by Mimurona

Sep 18, 2019 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
my name is a combination of my parents names, it's pretty unique but everyone usually mispronounces or misspells it. when i'm online or with a cashier i just use the first half of my name (john) to make it easier.

i dislike it, but i learned to accept it. at least it makes me memorable.
Sep 18, 2019 11:16 PM

Jun 2016
I used to dislike it as a kid, but I've kinda grown to like it. Not to mention I like the meaning of it as well, and I try to stay true to it as well.
Sep 19, 2019 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
My name is a random word from a religious text in another language so it doesn't mean anything in particular. It's difficult to pronounce and sounds like a couple of other common names which I am often mistakenly called by. So yeah I hate it. No my parents did not hate me. They were quite unimaginative, however.
Sep 19, 2019 2:54 AM

May 2014
Well i've had this name all my life, so i'm pretty attached to it. I couldn't imagine being being called by any other name.
Sep 19, 2019 12:28 PM

Aug 2012
I've always had the rarest name from everyone around me. Nobody comprehends it, so much as to they mistakenly misspell my name due to disbelieve or the thought of my tongue slipping. So yeah, I find that entertaining.
Sep 19, 2019 2:00 PM
Jan 2019
Sure,I like it. It's short and simple,not that common but people generally have no problem saying it. It's also biblical (family tradition) and has a beautiful meaning.

My surname on the other side is a living hell (foreign with signs that do not exist in my alphabet,hard to pronounce and in general people fuck it up almost every time. I didn't even have one school diploma/document where they didn't spell it wrong).
Sep 20, 2019 1:21 AM

Mar 2012
im fine with my name, it doesnt bother me at all. my name could be cottonheaded ninnymuggins but it would make any difference
Oct 15, 2019 3:25 PM

Jul 2011
No I don't. I don't know what my father was thinking giving me such a name. My name seems to be so rare because nobody has ever heard of it. When I was born the people in the hospital refused to accept the name he gave me. But he somehow managed to make them accept it. I was a nameless child for like 4 weeks because of him and now I have to live with a name I absolutely hate. I had to endure other people laughing at me because of it when it wasn't even my fault. But the good thing is my uncle gave me decent nickname and my family calls me by it.

Oct 15, 2019 4:38 PM

Mar 2014
My first name I absolutely love, as it's proto-Germanic form can mean "wise protector", and it is itself a reference to Odin.

My middle name I could care less for. My... recent ancestry had an influence on it and it isn't a part of me that I identify myself with. So maybe later on down the line I'll change it.

I love my surname. We even have heraldry to go with it along with the original motto.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Oct 15, 2019 4:48 PM

Jun 2014
I hated my birth name more than anything in the world, so I legally changed my name a few years ago.

I like the name that I have now.

Oct 15, 2019 6:29 PM

Sep 2017
Not really, my real name isn't ugly or anything like that, it's just...meh.

I already use another name in my daily life but the official name change hasn't been done yet, because it's kinda complicated in my country even if it's just my first name
Oct 15, 2019 7:22 PM

Aug 2011
I guess I like it, but I think my feeling toward it is closer to neutral. It's very common, impossible to mispronounce, and has a nice enough sound to it. It doesn't draw any attention, and that's fine with me.
palm-treeOct 15, 2019 7:27 PM
Oct 15, 2019 7:31 PM
Feb 2017
It's okay. No hate or praise, it's just a name. Sadly I can't tell you what it is but maybe one day.
Oct 15, 2019 9:58 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
I love my name (Pierce) it sounds great with my last name (Riola) and it's unique enough that a few weeks ago was the first time in my life I had ever met another Pierce. I was named after the place my parents met which is a pretty cool origin story for how I got it too. I'm also lucky there's nobody with the same name set as me since as an actor it's public information and if I ever go full time it would suck to have to compete with another actor for which one of us shows up in the results when my name is searched.

I was almost named Rocky though, definitely glad I didn't get stuck with that one lol
KyotosomoOct 15, 2019 10:05 PM
Oct 15, 2019 10:10 PM

Jul 2013
Always hated my first, middle, and last name. If the process to change it wasn't so long and costly I would.
Oct 15, 2019 10:33 PM

Aug 2007
I like my first name, it's pretty but I don't think it suits me at all.

Oct 15, 2019 10:37 PM
Sep 2019
My first name is pretty boring...too generic. Though the people I know say that when they say my First name, followed by my Last name, it flows easily off the tongue.

I'd much rather my name be more epic sounding. Heck, I would have even stuck with my ethnic name b/c my ethnic name has a badass meaning behind it compared to what I have as my English first name. Parents chose an English first name to "fit in" and to make it easier for people to pronounce.
Oct 16, 2019 12:22 AM
Jun 2019
Not really, i don't like when people say my name, idk why
Oct 16, 2019 12:22 AM
Jun 2019
Not really, i don't like when people say my name, idk why
Oct 16, 2019 12:48 AM

Mar 2018
First thing to be clear: My country doesn't have first name / last name system. All of our names are first names.

My real name consists of 3 words. Each word has its own meaning and by combining 3, it became a different meaning, which my parents wanted. I love the first word which means 'rain', and by pure coincidence, it's spelled as 'Moe' in English, although the pronunciation is a bit different.

But I hate the last two words. They're somewhat unusual and weird in our language standard so most people I met for the first time don't understand its meaning, mispronounce it, or misunderstand it in a funny way. And it's always a pain in the ass to explain it every time.

So yeah, I'm gonna say I like only 1/3 of my real name lol.

Oct 16, 2019 12:51 AM

Oct 2018
Yeah, I like it. I don't have any problem with it, and not like every 2nd person has this name in my country, so it's good. Also, I've heard from some girls/women that they find it hot? IDK how, but I'm ok with it.
Oct 16, 2019 1:07 AM

Feb 2015
My name is a portmanteau of my parents' names which happened to be a very uncommon variant of a common name. I only don't like it because a lot of people are so used to seeing and hearing that common name that they tend to mistook my name as such.

Other than that, it's something I took for granted. I'm just glad my parents didn't name me something like Surge Strike or Bhosxz.
Oct 16, 2019 1:09 AM

Oct 2015
i don't mind it i guess, a lot of people have told me how much they like it.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Oct 16, 2019 2:49 AM

Jan 2019
I like the shortened version of my name, but not the full name. Everyone mispronounces my full name. It's a real struggle trying to teach people how to say it properly.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become irrelevant.
Oct 16, 2019 3:05 AM

Feb 2019
i don't mind it, just a bit too generic for my taste. would change it if i had the chance.
“I wanted to tell you that… Wherever you may end up in this world, I will be searching for you.”
Oct 16, 2019 3:12 AM

Jan 2018
I have mixed feelings about it. I don't care for it much and would like a different name (I'm as of now fond of going by Robin) but it has emotional significance to me because I was basically given the female equivalent to my late father's name so I doubt I'd ever feel comfortable with getting a legal name change.
A treasure the color of the rainbow, the color of happiness
Oct 16, 2019 3:17 AM
Aug 2016
I like the English version of it because it sounds more elegant that way. I also like the meaning of it, because it has to do with royalty.
Oct 16, 2019 3:17 AM

Dec 2015
I think my name is alright, sometimes I like it quite a bit but sometimes not so much. I like the letters and all but it's too common. Would rather have a less popular name.
•••Everyone wants to connect with someone else•••
~Kiznaiver
Oct 16, 2019 5:31 AM

Mar 2017
I'm named after a lake so i guess its alright lol.
Oct 16, 2019 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
I like my name, it's Irish, and easy to remember and pronounce.
Oct 16, 2019 5:40 AM

Mar 2008
epyon4light said:
I'm named after a lake so i guess its alright lol.

Good thing you probably don't mean lake Titicaca.....
Oct 16, 2019 5:42 AM

Aug 2019
Bakchos said:
I can't fall asleep, now I'm just making any thread just because.

When I was a kid I hated my name. Think of a real old people name in your country, that would be equivalent to my name. I swore to my parents so many times I'd change my name when I got older. My father had the audacity to say: "go ahead, maybe the court will mistake you for an adult".

Good times.

The worst part was that my younger brother got a nice normal name. I think my dad hated me. Now that I'm an adult, names don't matter much no more.

And you? Do you like your real life name? Did you always like it? Did your parents hate you as well?

Holy fuck, I have the exact same problem. My name is just combination of two surnames and it just sounds awful when spoken together.I'm asian so u wont get it but my name's english equivalent would be like "wilson addison"
Oct 16, 2019 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, I do, even though it's just a common name back in my country, well.., it was, back in the days and probably still is.
Oct 16, 2019 10:19 AM

Mar 2014
yep, i love my name. it means good and it's my parents wishes for me to be.
nop, i never hate my parents. we might had some disagreements on things but it is just a natural thing to happen between humans.
idk whether my parents hate me or not. i just believe they are good person in overall.
Oct 16, 2019 10:27 AM

Jun 2019
My name is fine. Last name is meh, but it's not their fault.

Oct 16, 2019 10:28 AM

Oct 2012
My name is great. It sounds very smart.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Oct 16, 2019 10:31 AM

Aug 2016
Yeah I'd never change my name, and while my first name isn't uncommon by any means I like that xd, though I've never met anyone with the same last name as me.
Oct 16, 2019 10:38 AM

Sep 2016
I really like my first name! A lot of people compliment me on it. But I dislike my last name a lot, mainly because people make fun of it. However, a last name is a last name and I can't do anything about it unless if I get married to some guy.

Life has no meaning,
but that doesn't mean
we shouldn't live it

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What is one thing you miss about being a kid?

Yuno - Sep 19

30 by nSanime »»
6 minutes ago

» What was your pooerest ever you have been?

HateFearHunger - Sep 20

43 by LoveYourSmile »»
9 minutes ago

» Am I the only one who doesnt like discord? ( 1 2 )

Bensku - Yesterday

54 by ashisland »»
35 minutes ago

» Life has its ups and downs, would you say you're at a low or at a high?

EmiliaHoarfrost - Yesterday

17 by ashisland »»
39 minutes ago

» Why do people abandon their friends for relationships?

Amityblight - Sep 20

44 by LoveYourSmile »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.