Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 10, 2021 10:37 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Story

Hello! I finished my web novel for the MAL/Honeyfeed contest last week! I am 100% not a writer, totally don't expect to win, and did the best I could within the time limit/with the judging criteria. Still, I had a lot of fun writing this and wanted to share! I'm open to suggestions and critique!

Witch Cafe Wistera: https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/3364

Quick synopsis: This mostly slice-of-life story follows Pecan's daily life as an employee of the newly-opened Witch Cafe Wisteria. There she learns witchcraft under Derry's nearly incomprehensible tutelage and tries to help the new cafe become successful.

The biggest thing I wanted to say or emphasize with WCW is that we all go at our own pace.

Any visuals are now in the next post. Enjoy!
SwiggyNov 1, 2021 3:55 AM

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 12, 2021 9:29 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Visuals

• Head Doodles
I'm going to (very) slowly update this post with head doodles until I draw everyone. :U

Part 1: Pecan, Derry, Doe, and Jade (9/12/21)

Part 2: Merald, Barley, Jenni, and Kera (9/15/21)

-From here, I just started drawing by hand and slapping color on. Sorry. ;_;-
Part 3: Millan, Monika, Hao, and Seigan (10/10/21)

Part 4: Miits, Ama, Minesh, and Yolanda(10/10/21)

Part 5: Nene (Almond Seller Lady), Leticia, Mayor Abalos, and Renigald (Black-clad customer) (10/10/21)

Aaand I think that's everyone I wanted to draw! I didn't draw some folks, like Jesan, but it should be okie.

Old Ensemble Rough Draft Cover

Comics

SwiggyOct 10, 2021 4:21 AM

Sep 14, 2021 1:42 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Audio

• Audio Chapters
-To be (hopefully) steadily uploaded after contest

Sorry to bump my thread. I plan to have audio versions of each chapter. I was about to upload a draft of the prologue audio just now, but they said we can't post them until after the contest. I did want everything at the top of the thread though as I'm preparing this as a WCW megathread of sorts.

Here's something relevant to WCW to slightly justify posting.

Sep 14, 2021 1:42 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Wisteria Tea Recipes

Since it was requested. When I make drinks for these purposes, I don't mind if they taste nasty. I can't give people gross recipes though, so give me a bit as I try to rework recipes to actually taste good.;; Only Wisdom Tea for now.

That's it. I don't have any other sub-posts. Promise.
SwiggySep 27, 2021 8:00 PM

Nov 1, 2021 4:00 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Update: Great news! Witch Cafe Wisteria has made it to the semi-finals of the contest!

It's pretty exciting and I'm really happy about it. It's been hard convincing anyone to give WCW the time of day. I lost a little confidence thinking that maybe it was awful or something, so I'm just really glad that at least someone liked it enough to have it in the semi-finals!

I made a lazy animation to celebrate! When I have more time, I'll fix it up.;; Helping with writing and starring in a play at the moment + other college stuff.

Also, adorable stills:

Ah yes. If you'd like to vote for it, you can do so on the MAL app! You can vote for other entries too!
SwiggyNov 1, 2021 1:08 PM

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
11 hours ago

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
11 hours ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
12 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Apr 25, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.