Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2018 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, those twin girls with their poses are priceless.

This is the series' finale and I still feel the positive energy of the show. We got somewhat of a rivalry but I see it more as friendly competiton. Kohane's group with their blue outfits also show a light of confidence in this episode.

It pretty much all came down to their work that pays off in the end. Pretty cute show overall. I didn't think too much about this anime at first but overall turned out to be an enjoyable experience for me.
Dec 23, 2018 9:16 AM
Oct 2017
i don't understand how anyone liked this. the whole thing was such a by-the-numbers production, complete yawnfest
Dec 23, 2018 9:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So the finale is finally here. Funny how Uki's long explanation is the perfect ingredient for Kohane's nerves. The Tournament sure had a nice atmosphere. The Twin's team though sure looked pretty impressive even in rehearsal. Its nice that Arima's reunion with her old team went well. Kohane's smile during the photo op sure was scary. The team's actual performance sure was amazing. It was nice seeing Kohane's nerves be calmed by the support of the team and the sight of the many people that they helped in the past. Too bad that they didn't make the cut but the experience is what counts. An excellent finale that ended the series on a high note.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2018 9:56 AM

Nov 2016
Lol, those twins were pretty silly.

Great finale, loved the atmosphere and performance, they were so full of energy.

Overall I was s expecting a bit more from this show,tho, but it was still fun and had a satisfying conclusion. So I can't really complain.

And the end card was cute too, love the blue/white cheer outfits.

FMmatronDec 23, 2018 10:01 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 23, 2018 10:14 AM

Aug 2012
I was expecting drama, but it went well for Hizume.
Dec 23, 2018 10:48 AM

Oct 2018
I grew to like this show the more it ran. It's not brilliant, but it's sparkling. You could say it's kirara show paint-by-numbers, but it's executed well enough to be enjoyable.
Dec 23, 2018 12:03 PM

Mar 2016
After the first two episodes I found this to sort of plod along, but I didn't hate it.
Dec 23, 2018 12:05 PM

Apr 2008
Hizume's drama was over quickly, and I'm glad they were supportive to each other till the end, even when Kohane developed stage fright. They didn't pass the preliminaries - this is not that kind of show - but their cheerleading didn't end there. It was a fun show overall.

But there's no Kirara show next season, it's gonna be tough :(
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Dec 23, 2018 12:42 PM

Jun 2012
I need a season two now. This show was my favourite of the season. Just perfect from start to finish.
Dec 23, 2018 1:35 PM

Dec 2016
It was weird to watch Kohane with a yellow smile during practice since her smile always shines de brightest ^^; The girls did great in the end at the tornament :D

This definetly needs season 2! Can't wait for an update ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 23, 2018 1:41 PM

Dec 2013
This show grew on me with each episode, not the best but still a great laid back show, I was hoping they would show Hizume's brother, wanted him to look like Olivia's (Asobi Asobase) brother.
Dec 23, 2018 3:12 PM

Jul 2015
Sad when shows like this end >_<

Usually, main girl has the weakest personalitty on this shows, but Kohane is a brutal exception, isn't she? :3
The rest of the girls are all really cool in their own right!
Hope to get a second season...

On a side note: I had some minor complaints with animation, but on second thought, it was always fluid and maintained art consistency... sometimes there where too much stilled images, but then again, they worked, so I'm pretty much being dumb picky. :/
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Dec 23, 2018 3:16 PM

May 2014
Decent finale I suppose, although there's something about this show which irks me, not really sure what though.
Dec 23, 2018 4:12 PM

Nov 2013
the most cheerful anime of the year =D
i know i'm repeating myself, but another one of my favorites from this season :v (this season is too good)
super fun, energetic, cute...what can i say?
9/10, more seasons/ovas please <3

favorites: Kohane > Arima > Kana > Uki > Kotetsu
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 23, 2018 6:14 PM

Jul 2015
This face is literally the best moment of entire series.
Such meme potential.

Dec 23, 2018 7:05 PM

Aug 2013
It's okay I guess. It was an enjoyable moe series, as expected from the master of moe studio Doga Kobo, but definitely one of their weaker product. As much as the CGDCT element is polished, the cheer-leading performances were quite mediocre, honestly expected some better animated dance for the finale.

Overall, I doubt I will remember this show's existence a season later.
5.5/10
Dec 23, 2018 7:23 PM

May 2018
ah, my feel good anime is finally over, I'm gonna miss it.
I love this show so much, all the characters are adorable and precious
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 23, 2018 8:47 PM

Aug 2018
I never knew I would watch & like an anime about chairleading cheerleading.

It's not the best show of this season, but it sure is a pleasant suprise. Thank you Studio Doga Kobo. Season 2 when?
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Dec 23, 2018 9:32 PM

Mar 2016
All these episodes and we still don't see the "chair"..........wuttt??? JK LOL

Not quite a memorable show, but quite the nice joyful one.
Dec 23, 2018 9:58 PM
Dec 2017
Well, once a man said something that started well is always ends well. This term is solid prove
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Dec 24, 2018 1:48 AM

Jul 2017
From a rough start to a perfect ending. This is the life of cheerleading.

Kohane's fears are really justified, but overall the team did great! Nice to see the Nekoya sisters interacting with their funny poses.
Even though they didn't make it, the enjoyment to be had is worth it.

Not a show to remember, but one for being hyper-energetic.
Dec 24, 2018 2:43 AM

Jul 2017
This show sucked for me. I'm sorry but fuck cheering, I am booing this show for being so bland and boring.
Dec 24, 2018 3:46 AM

Oct 2007
Tense moment when Kohane nervous and awkward when they're the next one performing. It could have been a disaster, but supportive friends save her from it. As expected they did not gain much in the contest because the other teams have more experienced members. Well, still the goal of joining is to have fun and they did just that. Classmates and family members are all proud of them. ^___^

Arima finally being able to have a peace of mind with her old team. Kana is right that this is one of the best outcomes.

NNnnOOOOOOO No more weekly Kohane. Noooooooooo. Why does it have to end!!!????

A high 8/10 Kohane come back, season 2 plz.
Dec 24, 2018 8:19 PM

Feb 2013
That show was fun. Very cute. Nothing amazing, but I enjoyed watching it. 7/10
Dec 26, 2018 2:27 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty solid finale, Arima finally could talk with her previous group and everything ended nicely.

Seeing Kohane panic seeing the situation made me sad, she's always smiling so much! Thankfully she has her friends there, and even if their performance was far from anything impressive compared to other schools (laughed hard with Uki wtf'ing at the cliche of them passing after the motivational moment not happening), they sure had a lot of fun, and that's what really matters.

7.5/10 from my part, I will miss Cure Yell Kohane, loved her character.
MetaThPr4hDec 28, 2018 8:46 AM
Dec 26, 2018 9:39 AM

Jul 2016
It was a nice final episode.

I was expecting something more from this show since it's Doga Kobo but well, some eps. were really funny and although I found Kana's personality annoying at first, the crush she had on Hizume was rather funny to watch due to her many reactions.

I was also expecting a bit more of effort with the animation in the last performance of the show but that's just me.

Overall, it was an ok/good series but nothing too special. 6/10 since I can't score it with a 5,5/10.
Dec 26, 2018 3:11 PM

Mar 2013
animejas said:
Don't know why your retarded ass even here sitting in the final episode discussion in the first place, then. If you don't happened to like the whole thing about cheering. Are you that dedicated in being another one of MAL moron that hates on stuff they should've left behind since the first episode but continously stayed behind to get a hate boner at ya?
bitchassdarius said:
Much like this dumbfuck here.
Dec 26, 2018 7:30 PM
Oct 2017
Afezeria said:
animejas said:
Don't know why your retarded ass even here sitting in the final episode discussion in the first place, then. If you don't happened to like the whole thing about cheering. Are you that dedicated in being another one of MAL moron that hates on stuff they should've left behind since the first episode but continously stayed behind to get a hate boner at ya?
bitchassdarius said:

it's not my fault you have garbage taste, bro.
Dec 26, 2018 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
this show was ridiculously adorable and i absolutely loved it, but it wasn't quite as good as beezlebub.

Still don't let that take away from how great this show was! So good!

Afezeria said:
animejas said:
bitchassdarius said:

jfc. i agree. these people should just fuck off, but they are just fucking kids man.

Best to just ignore them. They are going to be what they are going to be. They'll grow up eventually... and if they don't, they don't. Nothing we can do about it. They'll just be imbeciles for life.

edit: oh and omfg did I love kohane. She was so friggin adorableeee. she really made the show for me hah.
removed-userDec 26, 2018 8:13 PM
Dec 28, 2018 10:02 PM

Oct 2008
Overall such a cute CHAIR! and all girls are MOE!
5/5.
7/10.

Jan 3, 2019 12:41 PM

Jul 2014
What a fun show! It always kept me positive and with a smile. All the girls were lovely and funny but my favorites were Hanawa, Kotetsu and Uki, I'm going to miss them a lot.

Hopefully someday there will be a second season!
Jan 7, 2019 8:58 PM

Aug 2017
Well, it's over.

I have to say that this show is just a generic CGDCT. I was hoping that the comedy would have been decent but that sucked too.

4/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 7, 2019 11:46 PM

Mar 2016
Thanks Kohane. You're always bringing strange positive energy for me everyday <3

I think the series is well adapted from itd source. Although the animation isnt really polished, the artwork is keep amusing me. Since Doga Kobo is produced 2 series at this Fall (the other ones is uzamaid), i'm accepted the downhill on animation and art aspect for this show.

7/10
S2?? So sad.... I dont think so. We will not getting any Kohane chicken-mouth soon

Jan 20, 2019 3:14 AM

Jul 2009
Very nice, of course I was not expecting them to win, but they were having fun!
Mar 6, 2019 3:11 AM

Oct 2015
Even though they did not win, i still think enjoyed their performance. I hope for season 2 though because i enjoyed watching the girls, Kohane is the best MC of the season. The characters and the comedy were superbly done. many 4-koma slice of life anime should learn from this.

8/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 10, 2019 7:32 AM
Mar 2017
This anime "chair" me up. It was fun and I enjoyed it. Doga Kobo pls give us Season 2 we need more "chair".

8/10
Apr 27, 2019 9:28 PM

Jan 2012
Glad the girls had fun in the end. And we even got to see one of their moms! Anywho while I get the sense that I won't remember much if anything about this anime in a month I still really enjoyed it in the moment. I have no real interest in cheerleading, and in fact you'd probably hafta pay me to watch any in real life, but as a cgdct anime series it made for a comfy, relaxing enough experience. Nothing particularly outstanding, but it did standard well, which is sometimes good enough. 7/10, would watch a second season if we got it, but I'm not expecting one.
Sep 29, 2019 4:42 PM

May 2012
A quite fun and cute ending if you ask me, in general though it was a bit too generic as a whole. Still the characters were quite nice and the progression was steady!
Nov 2, 2019 7:58 AM

Apr 2011
I miss this anime. This is so fun to watch. It needs another season.
Nov 28, 2019 4:00 PM

Oct 2007
Also miss them. I hope it comes back.

would be nice looking at Kohane learning more stunts.
Dec 2, 2019 8:51 AM

Dec 2018
A really heart warming anime! It was so good

Especially remember the female that come in to their club seeking advice.She was in love with another girl and didn't know what to do, and she was embarrassed by it! Kohane grabbed her hand and said.Its nothing to be embarrassed about!! Its nothing wrong with it,You should be happy that you feel that way and you should tell her!! And that really helped the lesbian,, I was so proud of my girl and how she empowered the other female!!

I also really hope for another season of this super cute girls doing cute things/Yuri anime

Dec 31, 2019 1:00 PM

Jun 2016
not too bad at all ..

i still enjoyed watch this anime ..

7/10
Dec 2, 2020 7:14 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's a nice way to end this anime, it was sure cute overall, nothing too special but it was nice to laid-back on
Mar 11, 2021 12:45 PM

Feb 2020
Great performance once again and the girls can be proud of themselves! Those twins were hilarious. xD

Overall, a very cute and cheerful show.

Cheer is the best! Go! Fight! Win!

SerafosDec 30, 2023 10:13 PM
Oct 20, 2021 1:09 PM

Aug 2018
Wow, some of these techniques, like jumps, or supports, or synchros, or other - are truly impressive..
Anime was a pleasure to watch.. ;P First episode I had a question, if maybe Kohane will be too energetic and loud.. But this wasn't the case at all later.. Kohane is endearing and adorable, as many other girls are.. Characters of this anime were great, enjoyed them a lot.. ;P And even if I myself usually not that much like cheering in real life.. It again wasn't the case, and it was enjoyable to watch.. ;P Anime handled well both cheerleading, as well as its' characters.. Overall, I felt fun watching.. ;P
Aug 7, 2023 11:29 AM

Aug 2019
i came into this because the cover lolibaited me and i was thinking that a show about cheerleading couldnt be all that entertaining but this was honestly fun and hilarious. other than kana and hizume i really like the main cast. id gladly watch a 2nd season but probably unrealistic as the source is a 4koma

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2023 7:54 PM
Oct 2023
The series sadly ends on a bit of a dud. Nothing too wrong with it, its just after so many solid episodes, an average finale kinda feels like a letdown. Some things in the finale felt awkward or forced, other things I thought went well. I just thought it was the quintessential average episode. Not much more I can say about it My official rating for Anima Yell! is a dead even 8/10. It hit that exact rating after like half the episodes in this series! It's only poetic it finishes there!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2018

29 by wildhood »»
Apr 20, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2018

23 by Deazu »»
Jan 17, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2018

41 by Deazu »»
Jan 13, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

32 by Deazu »»
Jan 10, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

79 by Deazu »»
Jan 7, 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.