Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 21, 2015 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very thrilling episode.

This is why I don't really like flying on an airplane.
The episode features some youkai aerial action. The monster in this particular episode has Ushio and Tora battling not only for a girl but also their own survival. Quite interesting imo. 5/5.

Aug 21, 2015 6:57 AM

Aug 2012
this bakemono is featured in the op. if some people actually noticed.
pretty good episode, though skipping a little bit of scenes..next episode is "Mad Wind"? so no kyoura but we get Kagari though ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )
well the op has lots of spoilers..
maku21Aug 21, 2015 7:44 PM

But you'll still take damage!
Aug 21, 2015 8:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
We finally get to see that creepy ass monster from the opening

This was probably one of the best episodes so far because not only was it really intense, but the atmosphere and the emotions displayed in this episode was really really good

Ushio and Tora's dynamic in this was such a joy to see and man I love how they're growing close to each other but I really enjoyed seeing Tora interact with that girl and honestly, out of every girl so far I think that I ship her with Ushio the most so I hope that we get to see her again

Great episode overall
Aug 21, 2015 8:19 AM

Feb 2014
Important side-note for anime-only viewers here: Next week, they're going to skip some chapters for the first time. Therefore, if you want to experience the full story, I recommend to read "Story 8: The Houriki Heretic" (Vol. 5, Chapter 35~38) before watching next week's episode.

Otherwise, this episode was spot-on again despite some minor cuts here and there. Got to love Tora being overly excited about airplanes etc as well (not to mention him lifting up the plane WAS pretty badass). Couldn't help but to compare it to Stardust Crusader's airplane episode, though (Ushio to Tora did it better, of course.). Imagined Yuu's voice to be a little bit different, though I'm not complaining here. Looking forward to next week's episode anyways, since it's also introducing characters I enjoyed seeing around.
Aug 21, 2015 8:22 AM

Feb 2015

Tora is becoming more and more likable and heroic each ep. I didn't expect him to be that excited for his 1st road trip.
That green monster had an annoying voice but his eyes were kawaii.

SchwingBonerAug 21, 2015 8:25 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2015 8:27 AM

Apr 2007
It's always fun seeing Ushio and Tora work together :3 I love episodes where everyone can see the demon, makes things more interesting.
Aug 21, 2015 8:56 AM
Jun 2014
Boring and cliché to be honest. 2/5
Aug 21, 2015 8:56 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ominous last words of our monster of the week.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 21, 2015 8:58 AM

Jun 2015
Battle was really exciting. Glad they had a safe landing. Tora's reactions on his first time flying on a plane were brilliant!

Aug 21, 2015 9:13 AM
Apr 2014
Back to the monster of the week's train
Tora can throw fire now? well that's new
Green monster of the week is so scared of Hakumen no Mono, he's glad he's dead before his revival, I hope we get to see him soon.
Shame they don't show a preview of the next episode, but it does seem we'll be meeting the scythe couple in the op next episode.
Aug 21, 2015 9:18 AM

Jan 2015
Whoa, a Tomcat.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 21, 2015 9:19 AM

Aug 2010
I thought this Fusuma would be much more of a threat since it's in the OP. Guess not.

Obligatory hyping Hakumen XD

Lol'd at Ushio provoking Tora to carry the plane and land
Aug 21, 2015 9:22 AM

Oct 2014
God damn Ushio's such a pimp.
Aug 21, 2015 9:25 AM

Aug 2015
Gets better and better.
Aug 21, 2015 9:31 AM

Jan 2015
Maybe Ushio was pretty smart for using Reverse-Psychology like that.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 21, 2015 9:35 AM
Jul 2014
Really fun episode, the Fusuma was pretty creepy looking. I knew they were going to start cutting certain story arcs eventually, which is what seems to be happening next week, but I still dislike it. I know this was the mangaka's decision but they could have at least gone for a 4 cour show instead of 3 cour considering how many chapters there are.
Aug 21, 2015 10:04 AM

Feb 2013
Just set out on his journey and Ushio's already making new girls fall for him.
Aug 21, 2015 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
Fusuma finally got defeated.

Ushio provoked Tora to carry the plane to get it landed.
Aug 21, 2015 10:41 AM

Sep 2013
Ushio sure made full use of Tora's simple-mindedness.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 21, 2015 10:47 AM

Sep 2013
SchwingBoner said:

Yeah kinda reminded me of this kawaii titan
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 21, 2015 11:05 AM

Oct 2014
Xynic said:
SchwingBoner said:

Yeah kinda reminded me of this kawaii titan

Schwing go watch Ore Monogatari for cute eyes or something xD
What the hell now I just cannot unsee the cute eyes the monster has >.> lmao

Ushio that damn trickster ! :3 He made Tora a rear landing gear for an aeroplane. The grin on Toras face after successfully landing the plane was priceless :D
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aug 21, 2015 11:07 AM

Jun 2014
Damn is Tora Superman? He can breathe fire, use lightning, and carry planes lol.

Not as good as last week's episode but still pretty good overall. It was funny when Ushio used reverse psychology to convince Tora to help land the plane.

Also, since the front window of the airplane was broken, shouldn't it have sucked them out of the plane? Wait, this is anime, physics and logic don't apply lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 21, 2015 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
That reverse psychology Ushio applied at the end lol. Awesome episode as always!
Aug 21, 2015 12:17 PM

Jan 2015
Great great great
Aug 21, 2015 1:51 PM

Jan 2011
So better to be burned to a crisp than wait around and meet the big bad who is on the way...we get another tidbit of information on where the story is going. Ushio and Tora make a hasty departure so they won't have to answer any questions and continue their journey to Hokkaido. They toned the gore down a bit here as the manga shows more of the decapitated bodies of the pilot and co-pilot and blood spattered cockpit, but that was ok.

I don't mind if they skip the Houriki heretic arc (ch. 35-38) as the character it introduces can either be brought in later or possibly even dispensed with altogether. Instead we'll probably go directly to one of my favourite arcs and get a bigger chunk of important info about the main plot.

I'm also loving the retro character design (very close to the original manga art) and it reminds me just how tired I am of moe.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 21, 2015 2:17 PM

Feb 2013
Is it just me or did the people in that plane seem to disappear?
Aug 21, 2015 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
This episode required some suspension of disbelief.
That youkai was extra creepy looking.
Aug 21, 2015 4:50 PM

Jan 2015
Great fight on the plane and he did avenge his new friends father in a way. But the monster was glad he died before he met someone .. That is an interesting plot line :D
Aug 21, 2015 5:08 PM

Jun 2009
tora as landing gear, so hilarious
Aug 21, 2015 5:21 PM

Jun 2014
Just like some people Ushio Encoutered Fusama talked about Hakumen No Mono too , he better be extremly strong and cool or i'll really be disappointed
Aug 21, 2015 6:13 PM

Dec 2011
Finally that monster from the Opening. Didn't know Tora can breathe fire too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2015 7:24 PM

Mar 2015
Nice battle, glad to see everyone safe again.
Aug 21, 2015 7:25 PM

Jun 2013
holy crap that monster is creepy hey Tora can breath fire?!
Aug 21, 2015 7:43 PM

Feb 2012
gedata said:

Yeah the production in this episode wasn't very good. Neither was this week's story for that matter. Too simplistic for my taste.

Also, minor note, but I'm getting really sick of Ushio bossing Tora around. He doesn't have to put all his trust in him or anything, but I'll never find physical violence and overexaggerated faces funny.
FlawfinderAug 21, 2015 7:51 PM
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Aug 21, 2015 7:47 PM

Jul 2013
Grimmgeta said:
Really fun episode, the Fusuma was pretty creepy looking. I knew they were going to start cutting certain story arcs eventually, which is what seems to be happening next week, but I still dislike it. I know this was the mangaka's decision but they could have at least gone for a 4 cour show instead of 3 cour considering how many chapters there are.

They'd need around 8/9 cour for a complete adaptation so they'll still need to cut out lots of stuff even with 4 cour. It's better to stick only with the important story arcs and make them as good as possible if they're not gonna make a complete adaptation anyway imo.

About people expecting to see Hakumen no Mono, I don't think he will appear anytime soon since he's the final antagonist of the series. Might see him near the end of this season though.

Aug 21, 2015 9:59 PM

Feb 2014
Wow... good episode, but rather illogical - how can they survive several kilometres above the ground?
Aug 21, 2015 11:13 PM

Jul 2011
The whole time I was wondering how they were breathing and not being pulled out of the airplane by air pressure. XD
Aug 21, 2015 11:29 PM

Jan 2008
So that flying a plane with the front windows shattered like that is illogically impossible right?
Aug 22, 2015 1:46 AM

Sep 2013
I loved this bit in the manga and I loved it here, shame about the downplayed gore but at least they trimmed the fight skillfully. I remember Tora's plane-stopping scene being unnecessarily long in the manga, also the fighter jet dudes took forever to get there. It was paced much better now.

Paul said:
So that flying a plane with the front windows shattered like that is illogically impossible right?

Correct, as far as I know.
artemis37Aug 22, 2015 2:12 AM
Aug 22, 2015 2:37 AM

Feb 2010
maku21 said:
this bakemono is featured in the op. if some people actually noticed.
pretty good episode, though skipping a little bit of scenes..next episode is "Mad Wind"? so no kyoura but we get Kagari though ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )
well the op has lots of spoilers..

this is why i watch the op once in episode 1 and skip it for the rest of the season till new op begins bc they're all spoilers and im quite observant haha

i like the episode the yokai burning up in the end reminds me of 90s Sailor Moon whenever the bad guys would die haha :D
Aug 22, 2015 3:24 AM
Jun 2015
For anyone interested, this episode reminded me of British Airways flight 5390.

On 10th June 1990 on British Airways flight 5390 a panel of the cockpit windscreen blew off and the captain was partially sucked out of the window due to sudden loss of air pressure, his legs getting caught onto the control panel. With great difficulty some of the flight crew held onto the captain’s legs for the remainder of the flight. The first officer quickly flew to a lower altitude to avoid needing oxygen masks and they also would have had a bit of trouble communicating with each other and with air traffic control because of the noise the wind was making. Miraculously the plane landed safely and everyone including the captain survived, but some of the people in the cockpit suffered from frostbite (among other injuries) due to the strong wind and high altitude. The first officer received an award for his outstanding airmanship in extreme conditions.
Aug 22, 2015 3:26 AM

Aug 2014
I found the part with Yuu wanting to help really stupid. I mean she did literally nothing.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Aug 22, 2015 3:41 AM

Sep 2013
R0LAN said:
so no kyoura but we get Kagari though ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )

Aug 22, 2015 6:44 AM

Jan 2011
I hope they're just moving Kyoura's appearance to a bit later.
Aug 22, 2015 7:15 AM

Sep 2014
Really fun episode. The battle was nicely paced. Good stuff.
Aug 22, 2015 10:14 AM

Feb 2015
i dont know how i feel about this show at the moment, it has a season 2 coming and this season is 26 episodes long, the characters are very like-able, i feel like the main characters ushio and tora are beginning to develop but the other "main" characters Asako and Mayuko barely appear in most of these episodes, i actually really like the relationship between Asako and Ushio but we don't see that too often and Mayuko is alright but has to appear more,i think she is poorest main character of them all, and in episode 8 like wtf just happened he meets a girl, knows nothing about her, starts holding her hand? like what? Are we suppose to feel bad for her bc of her fathers death like im so confused? I love the fighting scenes and the comedy in this show and again most main and supporting (even episode 8 Yū was very like-able) characters are like-able but where I feel like this show really has some flaws is in the writing and pacing, it is also lacking in some story elements too . I don't want to sound like a hater, we still have a lot to go through so we will wait and see.
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Aug 22, 2015 2:11 PM
Feb 2011
well that fight was kinda underwhelming
Aug 22, 2015 2:41 PM

Jan 2010
This episode was quite bad. The girl was calling Ushio's name as if they were familiar with each other. Also the coincidences for plot. Both the girl and the guy suspected of her father's death have to travel on the same flight and it is exactly when the youkai chooses to attack. Too convenient.
Aug 22, 2015 3:21 PM

May 2009
gedata said:

;')))))))

not only did half the passengers disappear, but those who did stay on were not deterred by the least seeing a guy with a spear onboard run amock. LOL. nobody even screamed HIJAACK! everyone accepted Ushio and Tora. :)))

And mann... it's okay for the protagonist to be powerful, but damn, the pilot and the girl are reaaaaalllly powerful too! they can stand such wind pressure! eyy, these guys have awesome lungs pumping in them oh!! not to mention, such an awesome plane to withstand the wind pressure at that height blowing into the cockpit! :)))))))
what a stupid pilot. lol, obsessed with monster. he couldn't even bother saying that the actual pilots were injured. but the jets were like instant coffee. lmao.

such a pathetic story that wants the road, the sea, the sky, and next is what, train? to be places of action. hahahaha. it's just tooo bad it's so funny!

i thought this was an okay time pass for a non-anime day. but this is just too damn good for me now.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 23, 2015 5:28 AM

Dec 2012
The action and the humor are still enjoyable, but there was too many plot convenience in this episode. But for the attack of the plane, it's logical because the spear of the best has the power to attract Yokai.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

63 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Apr 8, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2015

216 by LancelotSB »»
Mar 18, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2015

75 by Maou_heika »»
Mar 11, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2015

144 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 2, 2023 9:09 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2015

48 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Aug 13, 2023 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.