Forum Settings
Forums

Best Seiyuu Ranking Selected by 200 Seiyuu

New
Jan 12, 2017 8:33 AM

Nov 2007
TV Asahi announced the best seiyuu ranking based on the poll of popular seiyuu in celebration of one hundred years of anime history on Monday. TV Asahi asked two hundred seiyuu to nominate seiyuu whom they respect.

*1. Kouichi Yamadera
*2. Masako Nozawa
*3. Keiji Fujiwara
*4. Miyuki Sawashiro
*5. Tomokazu Seki
*6. Mayumi Tanaka
*7. Minami Takayama
*8. Ryuusei Nakao
*9. Toshio Furukawa
10. Akio Ootsuka

11. Megumi Hayashibara
12. Toshiyuki Morikawa
13. Hidekatsu Shibata
14. Junichi Suwabe
15. Kotono Mitsuishi
16. Akiko Yajima
17. Yoshiko Sakakibara
18. Kiyoshi Kobayashi
19. Yoku Shioya
20. Shigeru Chiba

21. Noriko Hidaka
22. Akira Kamiya
23. Kaneta Kimotsuki
24. Yuuji Mitsuya
25. Hiroaki Hirata
25. Sumi Shimamoto

TV Asahi also did the same ranking on 2011 but asked one hundred seiyuus last time, as well as similar ranking three months later.

Source: Nijimen
tsubasaloverJan 12, 2017 9:55 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 12, 2017 8:36 AM
Mar 2011
one of the bestter votes iv seen on this subject
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 12, 2017 8:51 AM
Dec 2012
Nice top by pros. No Hanazawa and other s...uper actors.
Jan 12, 2017 8:53 AM

Dec 2015
Kinda curious if they do such a thing with cartoon voice actors
Well regardless idgas bout this ranking
Jan 12, 2017 9:04 AM

Nov 2007
... Noticing top 2 are the same as last time.
Jan 12, 2017 9:12 AM

Feb 2012
Wow that guy on number 1 spot won during both times. Just checked him he has some impressive roles, so I guess its justified.

Also a lot of current overrated VA's are not on the list, so I guess its a good thing.
Jan 12, 2017 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
I didn't realize Miyuki Sawashiro was so popular, and yet Go Princess Precure didn't do very well (Despite being great series)
Jan 12, 2017 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
I'm really glad that Seki is on the list.

I think it's a good one.
ok :p
Jan 12, 2017 9:49 AM

Dec 2015
Hayashibara lost three places...
At least, the professionals remember the big names, even the ones who started before the "seiyû madness" (like the Dragon Ball women,

Is there a place to consult an extended list? The origin website only gives the 25 first places too. I really wonder how low Ishida "scored".

Seki: I didn't even recognize his voice (Tomash) when I watched Victory Gundam. ^^"

@Ramkec He is (or at least was) also very active in foreign films dubbing, and was "the official voice" for some US actor (forgot who). He even made the japanese Roger Rabbit.
Jan 12, 2017 9:50 AM

Jul 2013
Really good list imo, since all of them are very good in their jobs. I still miss some names like Akira Ishida, Daisuke Namikawa or Jouji Nakata, however.

Also, as a very big fan of Junichi Suwabe, I'm VERY glad of seeing him in that list. That man is great.
Jan 12, 2017 10:03 AM

Nov 2007
Rei366 said:
Is there a place to consult an extended list? The origin website only gives the 25 first places too. I really wonder how low Ishida "scored".
The show only announced top 25 to begin with, unfortunately.
Jan 12, 2017 10:05 AM

Mar 2016
Glad to see Toshiyuki Morikawa listed. He has such a great and versatile, yet still dominant voice, I just love it. Hope to see/hear him voicing more main characters in the future.
Jan 12, 2017 10:09 AM

Jun 2014
The fact that just about every person on that list is an older veteran makes Miyuki Sawashiro's appearance even more amazing, especially with her being in the top 5.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 12, 2017 10:29 AM

Mar 2014
alexrus said:
Outside of Miyuki Sawashiro everyone here is over 50. I think it makes sense the people the popular seiyuus today (i.e. the younger ones) look up to are the older actors.
Jan 12, 2017 10:43 AM

Mar 2015
Happy to see Miyuki Sawashiro & Tomokazu Seki in the top 5. Great list.
Jan 12, 2017 11:17 AM
Mar 2011
Paulo27 said:
alexrus said:
Outside of Miyuki Sawashiro everyone here is over 50. I think it makes sense the people the popular seiyuus today (i.e. the younger ones) look up to are the older actors.

she also a vet of over 20 years
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jan 12, 2017 11:18 AM
Mar 2011
Rei366 said:
Hayashibara lost three places...
At least, the professionals remember the big names, even the ones who started before the "seiyû madness" (like the Dragon Ball women,

Seki: I didn't even recognize his voice (Tomash) when I watched Victory Gundam. ^^"

@Ramkec He is (or at least was) also very active in foreign films dubbing, and was "the official voice" for some US actor (forgot who). He even made the japanese Roger Rabbit.

one person missing is naya goro

Jan 12, 2017 11:43 AM

Nov 2013
i like how i never heard over 80% of them (some of their characters in my language when i was younger) so no idea who they are =D
also i want grandma from aria the animation (yoshiko matsuo)!

also 100 years anime =O
winddevil1Jan 12, 2017 11:49 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 12, 2017 11:46 AM

Jun 2013
Paulo27 said:
alexrus said:
I think you meant over 40. Tomokazu Seki and Junichi Suwabe e.g. are under 50.
Jan 12, 2017 12:06 PM

Jun 2012
These guise are all old af.
Jan 12, 2017 12:32 PM

Nov 2013
Shuhan said:

thankfully

at least it's not an assortment of MAL waifus like hanakana
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jan 12, 2017 12:41 PM

Sep 2013
>no aoi yuuki

Meh.
Jan 12, 2017 12:50 PM

Jun 2008
Only one of my favorites made the list D:
Jan 12, 2017 12:51 PM
Mar 2011
Shuhan said:

someone know nothoing baout anime

Jan 12, 2017 12:52 PM

Jun 2012
Sad said:
Shuhan said:

thankfully

If they polled anime fans Im sure Hanakana/etc. would be at the top. I can understand these results since they polled Voice actors, but if a regular fan agrees with the results I would have to say ur a hipster.

DateYutaka said:
Shuhan said:

Case and point.
Jan 12, 2017 12:54 PM
Mar 2011
Shuhan said:
Sad said:

thankfully

If they polled anime fans Im sure Hanakana/etc. would be at the top. I can understand these results since they polled Voice actors, but if a regular fan agrees with the results I would have to say ur a hipster.

im a fan i thre is few isuues i have with the list but its the bets one ov seen like this

Jan 12, 2017 12:55 PM
Mar 2011
Shuhan said:
Sad said:

thankfully

DateYutaka said:

Case and point.

how is it case and point is it a sin to know things now

Jan 12, 2017 12:58 PM

Jun 2012
DateYutaka said:
Shuhan said:

im a fan i thre is few isuues i have with the list but its the bets one ov seen like this

Yeah thats because ur a hispter elitest Date-chan. You are so out of touch with the common anime fan.
Jan 12, 2017 1:06 PM
Mar 2011
Shuhan said:
DateYutaka said:

Yeah thats because ur a hispter elitest Date-chan. You are so out of touch with the common anime fan.

no im out of touch with the Otaku i garee with the older seiyuu who say moden seiyuu feamle here eapslcly are pick for there look over there skill

the a pole six years ago did thes ame withe older talking about younger ones who came 2nd there Sawashiro [ the agin here first role was when she was 15 role in a big name anime ]

she is a dsipte being in the industy half the time most other people in the list have been

the one person think shoud be on here who is not most famous role isno even in an Anime is was as the voice of the great leader Dai shocker in Kamen rider [ or thats the main one[

the older list is the best vote iv seen on the subject by far

Jan 12, 2017 1:46 PM

Mar 2013
Shuhan said:
Sad said:

thankfully

DateYutaka said:

Case and point.

Actually, Niconico held a poll of their own today/yesterday (depending from where you live). HanaKana is in Top-25, but Yamadera still on the first place, and way ahead of everyone else.
Jan 12, 2017 2:01 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
It seems like old actors are ftw.
Jan 12, 2017 2:57 PM

Jun 2014
*3. Keiji Fujiwara
*4. Miyuki Sawashiro

My 2 favorite voice actors in the top 5. Amazing.
:3
Jan 12, 2017 3:17 PM

Feb 2016
People who watched the "ranking event" on Tv or were on 2ch while it was on air should know about it - but as Japanese TV Asahi always does... they "removed" a lot of Seiyuu that did not work for their channel's anime etc.
So there were quite a few Seiyuu with more points than the 2nd or 3rd place in the roulette as you could see - but they just were removed by the end of the show.

Well, that's how Japanese Tv works - so this is actually a ranking voted by Asahi TV instead of a ranking voted by 200 Seiyuu.
cure_potatoJan 12, 2017 4:49 PM
Jan 12, 2017 3:41 PM

Jan 2014
cure_potato said:
People who watched the "ranking event" on Tv or were on 2ch while it was on air should know about it - but as Japanese TV Ahashi always does... they "removed" a lot of Seiyuu that did not work for their channel's anime etc.
So there were quite a few Seiyuu with more points than the 2nd or 3rd place in the roulette as you could see - but they just were removed by the end of the show.

Well, that's how Japanese Tv works - so this is actually a ranking voted by Asahi TV instead of a ranking voted by 200 Seiyuu.
if true its sad af o_O
Jan 12, 2017 5:39 PM

Nov 2013
It's very impressive to see Miyukichi in the top 5.

I'm also glad to see that Fujiwara Keiji and Seki Tomokazu ranked so highly, but the lack of Nakata Jouji is a bit disappointing...
Jan 12, 2017 7:10 PM
Jan 2016
I don't know even a single one who made it to the list lol

A shame though.. Nana Mizuki is not included in the list; the first voice actress who can perform solo in Tokyo Dome
Jan 12, 2017 8:41 PM

Mar 2008
cure_potato said:
People who watched the "ranking event" on Tv or were on 2ch while it was on air should know about it - but as Japanese TV Asahi always does... they "removed" a lot of Seiyuu that did not work for their channel's anime etc.

The roulette went way too fast to see any points at all. I could only see series titles. Do you have any specific examples?
They had several people from DB and One Piece (those roles were really put forward) and none of those 2 series air on TV Asahi.
Now I agree that the contents they chose to put forward for the winning seiyuu could be oriented towards TV Asahi shows, Doraemon being the prime example. That's quite understandable though.

Shuhan said:
I can understand these results since they polled Voice actors, but if a regular fan agrees with the results I would have to say ur a hipster.

It's not about being a hipster but about age demographic of the respondents. I'm in my late 30s and am quite satisfied with this ranking. A teenager is more likely to pick someone closer to their own age. Same goes for music tastes. But not all anime fans are in their teens or early 20s. It's a very wide public these days, even if the older folks may not post on MAL forums or similar so much.

I was a little shocked that Inoue Kazuhiko and Koyasu Takehito didn't make this list. I can think of a few others but the lack of those two really struck me.
Jan 12, 2017 9:08 PM

Feb 2016
[quote=pandora18 message=49309210]
cure_potato said:

The roulette went way too fast to see any points at all. I could only see series titles. Do you have any specific examples?
They had several people from DB and One Piece (those roles were really put forward) and none of those 2 series air on TV Asahi.
Now I agree that the contents they chose to put forward for the winning seiyuu could be oriented towards TV Asahi shows, Doraemon being the prime example. That's quite understandable though.

I'm not sure where you watched it - and if you watched it live. But on the "first running" you sure could see the names/titles of series/voiced characters & the points on the roulette pretty good I'd say.
There were people selected into the ranking with 300-400 points while people with 500-600 points weren't even named in the show - but you could see those when the show was live in TV.

As for example you could see series like Monogatari Series, Nisekoi, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto etc. and their seiyuus in the roulette with more points - but they weren't ranked so yeah. I don't have any "screenshots" etc. since I was watching live and din't care about it in the end anymore since -that's Japanese TV. [you just gotta deal with these facts since they keep happening]
You might find a lot of info in the 2 channel threads where people are still complaining about the "cheated" results - also the twitter hashtag with the show's title should show a few things.
Jan 12, 2017 9:17 PM

Feb 2013
Megumi will always be #1 to me.

Nice to see Junichi Suwabe getting recognition though. That man certainly has a sexy voice.

Edit: I just noticed Wakamoto DIDN'T make the list this time. A part of me has become sad.
NTADJan 12, 2017 9:26 PM
Jan 12, 2017 9:19 PM
Mar 2011
i still ifnd it irosme that there no love ofr naya goro

Jan 12, 2017 9:27 PM

Dec 2009
Aw come on ... Masako Nozawa #2!? She's fucking overrated. Super limited and sounds like an old grandma on steroids for the voice of Goku.
Jan 12, 2017 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
Sad that Ishida Akira got taken off.
Jan 12, 2017 11:22 PM

Mar 2008
cure_potato said:

I'm not sure where you watched it - and if you watched it live. But on the "first running" you sure could see the names/titles of series/voiced characters & the points on the roulette pretty good I'd say.
There were people selected into the ranking with 300-400 points while people with 500-600 points weren't even named in the show - but you could see those when the show was live in TV.

As for example you could see series like Monogatari Series, Nisekoi, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto etc. and their seiyuus in the roulette with more points - but they weren't ranked so yeah. I don't have any "screenshots" etc. since I was watching live and din't care about it in the end anymore since -that's Japanese TV. [you just gotta deal with these facts since they keep happening]
You might find a lot of info in the 2 channel threads where people are still complaining about the "cheated" results - also the twitter hashtag with the show's title should show a few things.

Yeah I did watch it live. I saw the names of those series you mentioned but it was too fast to see any corresponding points. They might have been seiyuu who ranked lower than 25th? Hunter x Hunter was most likely for Sawashiro Miyuki though, since they showed bits of that.
I re-watched bits on Youtube and can't see those names anymore. The points displayed on the left of the roulette seem to correspond to the rank in question.
I'll try to see if anyone made screenshots of that 1st version.

Edit : I rewatched more of the video on Youtube, paused it several times and you were right ! Some people with high scores who clearly were not ranked judging from the displayed series. Someone was up there in the 700s !! Someone featured in Gundam and Dragon Ball Z, hmmm....
pandora18Jan 12, 2017 11:52 PM
Jan 13, 2017 1:06 AM

Jan 2016
waalex11 said:
Aw come on ... Masako Nozawa #2!? She's fucking overrated. Super limited and sounds like an old grandma on steroids for the voice of Goku.

She is 81 years old.

Jan 13, 2017 3:17 AM
Mar 2016
I'm amazed she got here, and not only that, it's top 4. I think she's too young for seiyuus to adore.
Younger seiyuus tend to biased toward older seiyuus. When these younger seiyuus are still not seiyuus, they loved the seiyuus voicing the anime (most likely favorite anime) they watched, and thus inspiring them to pursue voice acting. When they are already a seiyuu, I don't think they lost their respect to the seiyuus they adored when they are still young.
waalex11 said:
Fellow seiyuus loved her. What can we do about that?
AntonKutovoi said:
Shuhan said:

Case and point.

Actually, Niconico held a poll of their own today/yesterday (depending from where you live). HanaKana is in Top-25, but Yamadera still on the first place, and way ahead of everyone else.
Who are their respondents? Seiyuus or anime fans?
@Shuhan It's more like "someone who doesn't know about the voice acting industry"
crx07Jan 13, 2017 3:21 AM
Jan 13, 2017 3:59 AM

Mar 2013
crx07 said:
Who are their respondents? Seiyuus or anime fans?

Fans. Koichi Yamadera is on the top with 5,1% of votes, Akira Ishida is second with 3,3% of votes and Miyuki Sawashiro is the third with 2,1% of votes. (There was about 1000 names available for voting)
Jan 13, 2017 4:29 AM

Feb 2009
Wow... no Park Romi?
Jan 13, 2017 8:47 AM

Mar 2008
crx07 said:
I'm amazed she got here, and not only that, it's top 4. I think she's too young for seiyuus to adore.

That is true, but you should keep in mind that she's been around for almost 20 years already since she started out so young. She can almost qualify as a veteran already.
Jan 13, 2017 9:03 AM

Jan 2012
Damn the only 1 I know is Miyuki Sawashiro and others is clueless for me

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jan 15, 2017 5:08 AM

Dec 2015
After reading the Anime-now article about it, I want to watch this 3hours long show!

After reading more commentaries here, I wonder how "anime-fans" can ignore who Hayashibara is (her roles, the fact she was kind of a prototype for the "seiyûs craze" of today).

A little picture the Slayers illustrator posted to celebrate her heroin's voice: pic.twitter.com/4I1quDWWkP
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

2 by wildhood »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

21 by andragosha »»
7 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by ST63LTH »»
Today, 7:09 AM

» Undead Unluck Unveiled: Let's Talk Muscles with Yoshifumi Tozuka

Kineta - Mar 19

4 by Anime_Luv »»
Today, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.