Forum Settings
Forums

'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

New
Mar 23, 10:53 AM
News Team
Jun 2017
The 24th and final episode of the Kusuriya no Hitorigoto (The Apothecary Diaries) television anime announced a second season on Sunday, revealing a teaser visual (pictured) and a teaser promotional video. The second season is set to air in 2025.

The first season produced by OLM and TOHO animation Studio premiered in Fall 2023. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime with subtitles worldwide, excluding Asia. Netflix is streaming it in East and Southeast Asia countries, excluding China.

The anime series adapts Natsu Hyuuga's medical mystery novel, which they originally began on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in October 2011. Shufunotomo published it in a single novel volume in September 2012. The publisher began reprinting it as a light novel through its Hero Bunko label with illustrations by Touko Shino in August 2014. The 14th volume was released last September, with the 15th volume scheduled for a March 29 release.

Itsuki Nanao began writing a manga adaptation in Monthly Big Gangan in May 2017, featuring illustrations by Nekokurage. Square Enix published the 12th volume last September, with the 13th volume scheduled to be released on March 25.

Sunday Gene-X began serializing a second manga adaptation by Minoji Kurata in August 2017. The 17th volume shipped on September 29.

J-Novel Club licensed the light novel in English in November 2020 for digital release and published the tenth volume on January 18. Square Enix Manga & Books licensed Nanao and Nekokurage's manga adaptation in English in November 2019 and shipped the 11th volume on March 5. The 12th volume is planned to be released on September 3.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://kusuriyanohitorigoto.jp/
Official X (Twitter): @kusuriya_PR

Source: Comic Natalie

Kusuriya no Hitorigoto 2nd Season on MAL
VindstotMar 23, 4:53 PM
Mar 23, 11:05 AM
Feb 2023
Whooooo!!! Loved the first season. Can't wait for second season. :3
Mar 23, 11:14 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It's a weekend full of sequels and this is right up there among the best, if not the ultimate ~

So very pleased with this instant relief of more to come!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 23, 11:14 AM

Feb 2021
Great news! It was inevitable. Hope that it will also have 24 episodes or more!
Mar 23, 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
Great. Now we just have to wait for Signs of Love, Sasaki to Pii-chan, Frieren and Shangri-La to announce their sequels. These are the shows that were the main discoveries for me during these seasons.
Mar 23, 11:27 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
Great. Now we just have to wait for Signs of Love, Sasaki to Pii-chan, Frieren and Shangri-La to announce their sequels. These are the shows that were the main discoveries for me during these seasons.
@RobertBobert, I hope for Frieren to get an announcement soon! I like it so much!!
Mar 23, 11:54 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
let's go!!!

maomao will return.
Mar 23, 12:23 PM

Sep 2009
Thank god they did not stop here. Now I just hope it is another 20+ eps because next two LN volumes will adapt the remeining part of a big story arc we got teased here with Suireis machinations.
Mar 23, 12:33 PM
Feb 2024
I'm so glad, excited and anxious, at the same time. I love Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - it's in my top 3 ever.

Also hope there will be more high quality anime like this one relased.
Mar 23, 1:01 PM
Night Owl

Sep 2022
I'm so hyped and I can't wait for more Maomao! This show has been amazing so far and it definitely deserves the 2nd season!
Mar 23, 9:09 PM
Feb 2023
Straight to my ptw list. Let's goo!!!
Mar 24, 12:34 AM

Oct 2017
Gonna have to wait till next year but really happy.
Mar 24, 1:11 AM

Oct 2013
Brilliant. Great news. :) The first season was fantastic in every aspect. I can't wait to see the second season.
Mar 24, 6:02 PM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
I haven’t watched the first season yet but I’m definitely going to have to watch it soon. It looks great
Mar 24, 11:50 PM
Oct 2019
Let's go!!

Maomao SLAY!!
Mar 25, 2:21 PM

Apr 2013
Fantastic news. Is it being greedy to hope that we will get several more so that the other important characters get introduced properly ? I want to see Enen, Chue and Yao, among others.
Mar 25, 4:04 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to Zefyris
Fantastic news. Is it being greedy to hope that we will get several more so that the other important characters get introduced properly ? I want to see Enen, Chue and Yao, among others.
@Zefyris me to but it is indeed greedy to hope for now as they will need at least 3 more seasons for it. I am glad that we at least see Shisui in action and the ending of this story arc.
Mar 26, 1:10 PM

May 2020
Of course, and why not. Been such a great adaptation after all.

Though if they'll go with 2 volumes per season again, there's plenty to wait for a LOT of things lol.
Mar 28, 5:41 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Softhenic03
Of course, and why not. Been such a great adaptation after all.

Though if they'll go with 2 volumes per season again, there's plenty to wait for a LOT of things lol.
Softhenic03 said:
While I'm not familiar with the LNs this show is based on, I couldn't resist checking out how many volumes had been released by the time the first season of this anime reached its final episode, and how many of them were adapted. I was really surprised that 24 episodes adapted only the two first volumes. I mean, I'm not complaining, of course. Faithful and polished anime adaptation is always welcome to see; and the more source material to adapt, the better. It's just, I didn't expect so many volumes to be waiting for an anime adaptation, haha.
Mar 28, 10:37 PM

Oct 2017
If the next adaptations are gonna be engaging and great as this first season I can't wait for more! The main characters are lovable ones, the main story is intriguing and the mysteries are catching you up each time after another. Also the quality of the animation, the music set, the top charming openings and endings,the good work of the seiyuus chosen and the fact that everything is set around nobility, historic age and poisonous threatening, can we ask for more? Because we even get fanservice and comedy with lighthearted moments too. Sincerely one of the best I saw in a while, I pray for this masterpiece kind of content every year, now that we received it, please continue delivering it, entertainment drugs are real, lol.
-¡Give yourself to me!

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by DarkDooM2 »»
46 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.