Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 27, 2019 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this turned out into a somewhat more emotional finale. It showed Masaru and Narumi bonding again together.

Then, there's Shirogane and she looked fantastic in her outfit. The battle against Faceless is also finally over too. About time. The final scenes featured a collective regathering of all the characters again. Goodbye Karakuri Circus.
Stark700Jun 27, 2019 7:07 AM
Jun 27, 2019 8:12 AM
Aug 2016
I'm quite confusing on why, even after 6 years, Masaru didn't come back to Narumi and Eleonore, looking like they think he's dead... i don't know..

Guess now i'll just wait for the guys who wanted to keep translating the manga to reach the end and then i'll read it.

Nice story overall, but i really don't know how should i rate it since it literally skipped half things from the manga.
Jun 27, 2019 8:29 AM

Oct 2017
Im so glad they got the happy end they deserved. Masaru's character development was so great. He became such a grown up from a crying baby.Damn seeing Eleonore and Narumi together at the end of the show really made my day and Sayonara gonna miss this anime.
Jun 27, 2019 8:34 AM

Aug 2013
So the cure to Zonapha is Eleonore singing

Diamantina was hiding her all this time.

Masaru's character development was great in this show, though I really didn't like Narumi in the later episodes, especially the way he was treating Eleonore. Though I'm happy for him that he and Eleonore are together.

Well, I'm sure going to miss this show. 7/10.

Jun 27, 2019 9:08 AM

Jun 2014
Masaru survived! It's too bad that he'll never get to see that blue bird again.

Eleonore's singing was the cure for Zonapha all along, and now the world is saved.

This was really good. I'm glad that I watched it, as it was quite exciting, and had many emotional moments as well.

Jun 27, 2019 9:21 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty ‘meh’ finale to me, to be frankly honest.
I don’t know why but I just feel as though the writer was out of ideas for a fitting finale and so decided to go ‘all happy’ in the hopes of satisfying us (assuming that the manga ends this way too).

And to the very bitter end, I just couldn’t get myself to feel for Yin. Even his “I’m wrong, elder brother” didn’t really resound with me, especially considering everything that he’s done. All those ‘good’ acts of this episode, such as helping Masaru on both the occasions just felt so cheap and unrealistic. Also, he is the ‘father’ of Masaru so I don’t get why he would think of himself as an ‘elder brother’. Basically, just so out of place, that whole remorseful scene of Yin. Also, why on Earth can Eleonore’s singing save the world from the ZONAPHA Syndrome? It can, what, change those bug’s modes, are you serious? I get she has the large chunk elixir within her but why exactly singing? Does she need her soothing voice to be heard or something? If so, how’d you connect that around the entire world simultaneously?
Anyway, I was very relieved to see the kids in that institute (in the US) back to life though and those final few minutes after the timeskip were really nice! Narumi’s arm is back even, this was far too happy for an ending of a show of this calibre lol. Eleonore and Narumi seem more lovey-dovey now and that’s wonderful to see! Meanwhile, Masaru is playing the role for those kids that Narumi played for his, really liked the striking similarities between this and the very start of this show. Fine idea to end things off like that, the ride really felt like a circus to me too: Bloody enjoyable to start off with (Episodes 1-8) but boring somewhere along the line from then on (Episode 12 or so onwards); a few cool tricks every now and then (Backstory bit, to be precise) and by the end of it all you just have to clap even if the finale wasn’t to your liking for the effort and whatnot.

As I’ve hinted above, the show started off strong (actually strong would be an understatement, this was actually in my top 3 Fall 2018 shows) but gradually lost its way and never really seemed to make it out of that pit. I’m sure most people will relate to me when I say that this show was simply just far too rushed! It’s sad that such an intriguing show had to receive such a cruel fate but I’m glad that this show got to see daylight nevertheless. As a form of graciousness, I’ll be a little lenient with the over all score (which I’ll mention down soon).

Story-wise (4/10), this show was a complete train-wreck sadly. Rushed as well as incoherent, to say the least. For one thing, though, the manner in which it unraveled the past dark mysteries as well as some of the info dump was really engaging but sometimes a little overdone.
Characterization-wise (4/10), there were examples of some really good characters but most fell into the ‘meh’ to ‘poor’ categories. Squeezing in little backstories for the minor Characters did give the deaths some meaning but there were far too many of such cases. At the start and throughout the middle, the show didn’t seem to be afraid of killing off characters but, towards the end, it kind of toned down a little so a bit of an inconsistency in this regard too. And then there’s Yin which I mentioned above but the main trio were really good in terms of development and such. Masaru has been a great highlight of this and Narumi has had his ups and downs, while Eleonore always the mid of the two.
Animation-wise (8/10), Character expressions was a big highlight of this show and I’m glad that they did it justice! I’ve seen Ushio to Tora so I’m assuming it’s one of the writers’ trick and I’m glad that they managed to to make the most of it (thoughts as an anime-only, that is). But, that aside, the animation overall was really good! Action choreography was great initially but somewhat repetitive by the end of the show. Quality obviously downgraded every now and then (it’s a 36 episode show, after all) but nothing too much of a biggie.
Sound Department-wise (9/10), some really powerful soundtracks! One of the reasons I was so enthralled by the first episode was in fact thanks to the Sound Department. Yuki Hayashi, thank you loads for this! Sad, hype, happiness - you name it, all of these were delivered in stunning fashion. Op and ED themes were really good too, Gekkou coming back was an awesome treat and Lozareena’s music really nice to keep up with too!
Personal Enjoyment-wise (6/10), a total mixed bag (as you can probably tell by now).

Over all, a fine 6/10. I hope we will get an OVA or something more from this series in the near future! Last but not least, a heartfelt thank you from me to Studio VOLN and Twin Engine for going out of their way to adapting this classic! I’ll try to give the manga a go someday! And I’m looking forward to seeing the other Twin Engine works! Vinland Saga, for sure, will be a treat so I’m ecstatic over that!

Edit: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-06-27/karakuri-circus-stage-play-gets-sequel-in-october/.148343 looks like we’ll be getting something more from this series, though not in animated form.
_MushiRock11_Jun 27, 2019 9:39 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 27, 2019 9:47 AM

Feb 2014
Everyone sheds tears at the end. When every man has played their part, its the flashbacks that follow em. This has been a great journey throughout the seasons. Even Faceless at the end found salvation as he played the role his brother once played. Truly a satisfying end.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 27, 2019 10:00 AM

Mar 2016
It was a really messy show throughout due to the all-too-ubquitious sin of bad pacing of source material.

At least this final episode was alright. I liked the final curtain call presentation at the end where they showed all the key characters involved. That's a nice touch.
Jun 27, 2019 11:12 AM

Jul 2013
I liked the episode, even if Faceless's redemption was a bit awkward, considering he was a murderous manchild who didn't care about anything other than himself, but, well, at that point he didn't had anything more to lose so lets just say he became sentimental in his last moments. It didn't take me by surprise, though, since the author did something similar in Ushio to Tora.

My only big complaint was that I felt the epilogue a bit rushed, but that ending scene where all the important characters appear saying farewell to the audience like a circus after the end of the show was nice, so I will forgive that thing a little.

Gonna miss the show. It wasn't perfect and quite rushed at some points, but it was very fun despite its flaws.
Jun 27, 2019 11:50 AM

Oct 2014
I know and you all know this show has some horrible pacing issues. But I still enjoyed it despite it flaws.
The ending was also fine, the only thing that I really, really disliked was the fact that Masaru was in love with Éléanore. When did that happen? Did I miss some hints? Because throughout the whole series their relationship was a platonic one, like siblings. Until Columbine and Faceless told him 'lol, you're in love with her'. Yeah, because we all know a close platonic guy/girl relationship obviously can't exist. Ever.

btw, I never would have thought that Masaru would be my favorite character at the end of the series, but here I am ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 27, 2019 11:55 AM

Feb 2016
Oh boy, Its the end for Karakuri Circus and I have mixed feelings about it. Midnight Circus arc was terribly handled, but from there this anime went uphill nonstop, this third cour in specific was phenomenal. I never thought Faceless of all things would get his redemption, sure the man did a lot of terrible things but considering the backstory it makes sense. I really felt bad for him when he started remembering how all started and how Yin was always there for him thanks to Masaru. Talking about Masaru, he's the real MVP of this show, his character development was amazing.

I'm really going to miss this show. I'll forgive it for its sins on the midnight circus arc.
8/10

That last scene was really touching.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 27, 2019 12:19 PM
Jan 2018
As weird as the pacing and storytelling was, this was quite a fun and emotional show. The soundtrack really helped.
Jun 27, 2019 12:22 PM

Feb 2013
It had a happy ending, good.
Jun 27, 2019 12:40 PM

Jun 2015
I actually enjoyed Karakuri Circus. It had its flows but it was way more original than everything we get these days in the shounen department. It had nice plot twists as well but it felt rushed. For now I'll give it 7/10, I'll probably downgrade it later but it was really nice
Fortune favours the bold!

Jun 27, 2019 1:10 PM

Oct 2010
A lot of ups and downs with show, animation quality, story quality...in every way. But it was fun overall. In that post-finale bit, Columbine showed up twice lol - once in each form.
Jun 27, 2019 5:57 PM
Mar 2016
damn, i did not like this ending, So stupid. And i heard the manga ending is worse...
Jun 27, 2019 7:18 PM

Nov 2013
I think the around the start of 2nd cour is the worst part of this show, but it managed to pull back and present some strong emotional scenes in 3rd cour. I was gonna give this show a 7 but I guess I'll give it 8 for now, cause even with all of its flaws I kinda enjoyed it. Might rethink later. Will read the manga for sure, after the translation is complete.

Faceless change of attitude indeed felt too sudden this episode. But maybe he saw Masaru as himself. He was probably most shocked by Masaru's act of giving up Eleonore to Narumi, and begin to question himself more.
Jun 27, 2019 7:26 PM

Oct 2015
I really thought it was emotional what Faceless did and said to Masaru, I was really touched. I liked that he did his "tongue out" signature pose before blazing out, I thought that was cool! Masaru giving up his love for Shirogane was actually noble, I actually commend him as most people would've been selfish in that situation. I'm glad Narumi's arm got fixed, but I felt him as a character and Shirogane were sidelined pretty badly for this last episode. I'm disappointed that the cure for the Zonapha syndrome was her singing, it was petty and lacked sentiment. Grown Masaru was a nice touch.

Overall I enjoyed it and will miss it. Most People who rated this low probably didn't grasp the complex of the plot, in fact it was simple enough if you had just concentrated. This was really intriguing, and I liked how everything unraveled as the story went on. People who watched this expected just a simple battle action shounen and not a plot. As I always say to these kind of situations, wrong audience for the wrong kind of anime they were expecting.

7/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 27, 2019 10:15 PM

Aug 2017
Well that was weird.
I don't buy the Faceless redemption and helping Masaru, unfortunately. It was just too plot convenient. Masaru suddenly being in love with Éléonore??????? Not really buying that one either. Also the Naraumi flip flop attitude towards her was just confusing and way too harsh for what Narumi "intended" to do.

The final curtain call is probably one of the weirdest ways I've seen to conclude an anime, but it's actually very fitting with the circus motif. There's even different actors for the different forms that characters take.

The show was fun to watch, I looked forward to it every week. I dropped it halfway through to only pick it back up again and finish the thing. I question some of the motives in here and the morality that characters flip flopped between. Flawed, but it's not a ruined experience.

This show might've desperately needed another few more episodes to manage to fully flesh out the details needed to get a concrete understanding of what has happened. Or at least, that's the vibe I'm getting from the manga readers commenting on here.
I'm tired -_-
Jun 28, 2019 2:35 AM
Feb 2017
I will miss that show. Masaru turned to a great main
Jun 28, 2019 3:33 AM

Sep 2015
_MushiRock11_ said:
Pretty ‘meh’ finale to me, to be frankly honest.
I don’t know why but I just feel as though the writer was out of ideas for a fitting finale and so decided to go ‘all happy’ in the hopes of satisfying us (assuming that the manga ends this way too).

And to the very bitter end, I just couldn’t get myself to feel for Yin. Even his “I’m wrong, elder brother” didn’t really resound with me, especially considering everything that he’s done. All those ‘good’ acts of this episode, such as helping Masaru on both the occasions just felt so cheap and unrealistic. Also, he is the ‘father’ of Masaru so I don’t get why he would think of himself as an ‘elder brother’. Basically, just so out of place, that whole remorseful scene of Yin. Also, why on Earth can Eleonore’s singing save the world from the ZONAPHA Syndrome? It can, what, change those bug’s modes, are you serious? I get she has the large chunk elixir within her but why exactly singing? Does she need her soothing voice to be heard or something? If so, how’d you connect that around the entire world simultaneously?
Anyway, I was very relieved to see the kids in that institute (in the US) back to life though and those final few minutes after the timeskip were really nice! Narumi’s arm is back even, this was far too happy for an ending of a show of this calibre lol. Eleonore and Narumi seem more lovey-dovey now and that’s wonderful to see! Meanwhile, Masaru is playing the role for those kids that Narumi played for his, really liked the striking similarities between this and the very start of this show. Fine idea to end things off like that, the ride really felt like a circus to me too: Bloody enjoyable to start off with (Episodes 1-8) but boring somewhere along the line from then on (Episode 12 or so onwards); a few cool tricks every now and then (Backstory bit, to be precise) and by the end of it all you just have to clap even if the finale wasn’t to your liking for the effort and whatnot.

As I’ve hinted above, the show started off strong (actually strong would be an understatement, this was actually in my top 3 Fall 2018 shows) but gradually lost its way and never really seemed to make it out of that pit. I’m sure most people will relate to me when I say that this show was simply just far too rushed! It’s sad that such an intriguing show had to receive such a cruel fate but I’m glad that this show got to see daylight nevertheless. As a form of graciousness, I’ll be a little lenient with the over all score (which I’ll mention down soon).

Story-wise (4/10), this show was a complete train-wreck sadly. Rushed as well as incoherent, to say the least. For one thing, though, the manner in which it unraveled the past dark mysteries as well as some of the info dump was really engaging but sometimes a little overdone.
Characterization-wise (4/10), there were examples of some really good characters but most fell into the ‘meh’ to ‘poor’ categories. Squeezing in little backstories for the minor Characters did give the deaths some meaning but there were far too many of such cases. At the start and throughout the middle, the show didn’t seem to be afraid of killing off characters but, towards the end, it kind of toned down a little so a bit of an inconsistency in this regard too. And then there’s Yin which I mentioned above but the main trio were really good in terms of development and such. Masaru has been a great highlight of this and Narumi has had his ups and downs, while Eleonore always the mid of the two.
Animation-wise (8/10), Character expressions was a big highlight of this show and I’m glad that they did it justice! I’ve seen Ushio to Tora so I’m assuming it’s one of the writers’ trick and I’m glad that they managed to to make the most of it (thoughts as an anime-only, that is). But, that aside, the animation overall was really good! Action choreography was great initially but somewhat repetitive by the end of the show. Quality obviously downgraded every now and then (it’s a 36 episode show, after all) but nothing too much of a biggie.
Sound Department-wise (9/10), some really powerful soundtracks! One of the reasons I was so enthralled by the first episode was in fact thanks to the Sound Department. Yuki Hayashi, thank you loads for this! Sad, hype, happiness - you name it, all of these were delivered in stunning fashion. Op and ED themes were really good too, Gekkou coming back was an awesome treat and Lozareena’s music really nice to keep up with too!
Personal Enjoyment-wise (6/10), a total mixed bag (as you can probably tell by now).

Over all, a fine 6/10. I hope we will get an OVA or something more from this series in the near future! Last but not least, a heartfelt thank you from me to Studio VOLN and Twin Engine for going out of their way to adapting this classic! I’ll try to give the manga a go someday! And I’m looking forward to seeing the other Twin Engine works! Vinland Saga, for sure, will be a treat so I’m ecstatic over that!

Edit: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-06-27/karakuri-circus-stage-play-gets-sequel-in-october/.148343 looks like we’ll be getting something more from this series, though not in animated form.

That is a really nice review, you summarised my thoughts about this show almost exactly. During the first couple of episodes I thought this was going to be one of my favourite Anime ever, never expected such a drop in quality.

I gave it 6/10 just because I enjoyed the first third of it a lot, but I completely lost interest afterwards especially during the last 10 or so episodes. Characters were dying left and right and didn't feel anything at all.

the falshbacks and infodumb episodes was interesting. some of the backstories were nice and some were just rediculous.
Jun 28, 2019 3:44 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
AhmedJafar1 said:
That is a really nice review, you summarised my thoughts about this show almost exactly. During the first couple of episodes I thought this was going to be one of my favourite Anime ever, never expected such a drop in quality.

I gave it 6/10 just because I enjoyed the first third of it a lot, but I completely lost interest afterwards especially during the last 10 or so episodes. Characters were dying left and right and didn't feel anything at all.

the falshbacks and infodumb episodes was interesting. some of the backstories were nice and some were just rediculous.

Oh, thanks! It's good to know that we have alike thoughts at the end of the show and pretty much throughout the show!

I wouldn’t say I completely lost interestduring the last 10 episodes or so though, it was more like a part of me had accepted that things were going to be below par so I didn’t have much expectations.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 28, 2019 3:57 AM

Feb 2015
All ended well minus all the people that died for that to happen. Was a good ending.
Jun 28, 2019 4:35 AM

Jul 2017
So the final episode...all the pieces of the puzzle are FINALLY PUT TOGETHER.

Stemming from the times of Bai Yin (Narumi) and Bai Jin (Faceless) from the 2nd cour, the philosophy of Jin doesn't change. Even when Diamantina shows up, he doesn't waver in his love (THAT subsequently died).

But through it all, the cure to ZONAPHA...was Shirogane's singing all long. Just like a lullaby. WOW er...was it the arduous journey to find this cure really worth it?

As with everyone here, can agree totally that the atmosphere was lacking punch @papsoshea sorry I borrow your words, very fitting.

We've reached the end of a long journey.
Karakuri Circus, the series with lots of flaws that power-punched in the beginning and the endgame.

6/10.
Jun 28, 2019 11:13 AM

Dec 2014
the montage of everyone in the end was unexpected....hmmmm
Jun 28, 2019 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
First, computer says it will take three hours to out on a suit.
Later Masarou put it on in about s minute.
Yhym...

Jun 28, 2019 12:07 PM
Aug 2016
such a decent story, for me at least, well the whole thing i wanna see from the very beginning of the show is there... the awkward kato and eleonore together, masaru did a great job and save everyone. and last but not least bai jin aka faceless finally understand of his stupid sin, well it's not easy when you get rejected from all of the three generation francine angelina and eleonore though
Jun 28, 2019 12:31 PM

May 2018
So you mean to tell me that the cure for ZONAPIA was just for Eleanor to SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 28, 2019 3:08 PM

Jun 2011
Great anime, definitly my favorite this year.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2019 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
Well that was a really poor resolution. "Faceless gets bored and just gives up."

Most disappointing show in a while. It started so good in the first arc but everything after just kept getting worse.
Jun 28, 2019 5:30 PM

May 2018
Great ending. Overall it's alright shows.
Jun 30, 2019 5:35 AM

Mar 2009
Eleonore's singing was the cure all along? Lmao. I just can't with this show. So silly.

I was really looking forward to more of this show after the first couple of episodes. They were so good. Unfortunately, the series turned into forced plot twists, needless and pointless deaths that barely had any effect on me(except for Columbine's), Narumi being an unlikable ass for most of the series, and plot points that were confusing or never explained fully. I don't know how the manga is, but this was clearly a rushed mess. Oh, well. Worth watching for Megumi Hayashibara.

Ushio and Tora is far superior.

Edit: 43 volumes adapted into 36 episodes?! What the hell were they thinking?
MormegilJun 30, 2019 5:40 AM
Jul 1, 2019 5:48 AM

Jan 2011
It was incredibly obvious they were rushing through the manga, but it was still remarkably coherent, which you can't say about a lot of rush jobs. It was one hell of a ride, even with a few bumps in the road.
Jul 2, 2019 6:27 PM
Jan 2019
I must admit, I did not dislike the end at all. If I'm honest, I was about to cry. Since for someone who followed this anime week after week, that this came to an end, is something sad and emotional. I liked this ending. He lived who had to live and died who had to die. I am satisfied. After so many tragedies, this story of love, revenge, justice and redemption ... had a happy ending. It was a great pleasure to follow this anime with all of you.

I hope someday to see a remake of this anime and that the studio that does it overcomes the great work, but something hurried, that the Studio Voln did. If taken calmly, this would be one of the best anime.
At least I keep the openings and endings of this anime to remember it 🎶 😁.

PS: The mini stories (memories of the past) will always be my favorite of this anime.
That final scene with all the characters, it was a great detail 👏.

I am left with this phrase "He was just a little gear in my great master plan ... And he destroyed everything."
Jul 5, 2019 2:15 AM
Jun 2011
That curtain call at the end got to me. Seeing the characters I grew attached to, together & smiling for one last time, made me tear up a bit.

I hope Doll Francine, Pantalon, Arlequino & Columbine are reunited & happy together in silicon heaven.
MagusPrimeJul 5, 2019 2:33 AM
Jul 15, 2019 2:12 PM

Oct 2008
Unfortunately this series has been a downhill ride ever since the kidnapping arc where the main cast has been separated.

I couldn't understand Narumi at all, he just completely fell apart after his memory loss. Lost all of his ideals and became a brainless brute that wouldn't listen to logic.

All the sub character deaths were empty due to lack of any building up. Couldn't care less when a random silverhaired member x died. Kind of ironic that the most touching deaths of the series were the 3 main midnight circus villains who have went through the most development.

Then the countless plot holes and inconsistencies. Can't tell if it was due to skipping of content or just straight up bad writing by the author. Some of the bigger ones that really bothered me were:

1. The whole Saiga family structure and their relationship to the Kuroga clan of puppeteers didn't make sense after the first arc. Initial story introduced them as a big family of puppet makers and puppeteers. Grandpa Shouji said to Masaru that all the men in Saiga family line have an unusual interest/attachment to puppets. Yet Shouji himself was a doctor disciple of Bai Yin and only made his first puppet then. Having only one child Eleonore -- there was no family or clans to speak of.

2. Narumi consumed Aqua Vitae and started transforming into Shirogane, silver hair and everything. BUT mid series he just transformed back? Somehow getting unexplainably strong and stronger till the very end.

3. Where did ZONAPHA virus came from? Where did the countless puppets come from? Original were shown to be made by Bai Jin through the use of Aqua Vitae. Later in the timeline I made the assumption that they came from the Midnight Circus. But then there were still countless puppets showing up to raid good guys despite the circus being destroyed.

4. Why did Faceless go to such lengths to try to steal the last soft crystal when he knew how to make it?

5. Why did Masaru had to beg Faceless for a cure when he downloaded his memories and supposedly knew everything?

6. It wasn't clear until the very end if Aqua Vitae and ZONAHPA virus granted immortality or not. In some cases fatal wounds closed while in others characters died of from paper cut amount of damage.
Jul 19, 2019 9:16 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty good series, bit rushed at some parts

Even though it wasn't a beating at least Faceless realised he was wrong, although it took a few hundred years and probably a couple million people dying....

That montage of everyone appearing was quite nice to see

I wished they did more with the concept of having a seizure if you didn't make anyone laugh, that was a pretty interesting idea that only appeared in the first couple of episodes

Jul 31, 2019 4:34 PM

Apr 2011
Meh ending to disappointing show.

6/10

Also is it me or all the stuff about Masaru loving Shirogane was cringeworthy?
IKKIsamaJul 31, 2019 4:45 PM
Aug 1, 2019 8:40 PM

Dec 2015
Well this was an okay ride for me at least i get to see a classic manga adaptation in 2019 despite the rush 6/10
Sep 28, 2019 6:37 PM

May 2018
Not the ending that I expected, it would be more awesome if they added more scene after the space part. I loved the history in this anime, the history is the reason why I am enjoying this. But I wished this was longer, my only problem here is the characters I guess, almost all of them are the same because they are a reincarnations. The closing part at the end, it scares me, considering it shows all the characters that are alive and dead. Overall this is a nice anime, would be nice if this was longer so it can get better, and I will miss this show.

Nov 9, 2019 9:20 PM

May 2018
Even the shirogane dog stepped in to save Masaru.

Does anyone know how well this anime followed the manga? I've never read the manga.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Feb 2, 2020 2:36 PM

Nov 2018
Despite the rush. I'm just satisfied to see Shirogane and Narumi together in the end and a grow up Masaru with a big smile. I like how they showed the empty circus after showing everybody. I Guess the Circus is finally closed.
Mar 6, 2020 8:25 PM

Apr 2013
the ending was a big "You got pranked!" to the face.
Mar 13, 2020 3:34 PM

Mar 2013
Ah I wanted a proper conclusion on Jin's end. It'd been great to see him getting over Francine and giving some thoughts about her happiness, given how madly he was in love with her.

I'm happy the villain turned ally puppet trio had a happy end.

Anime was rushed. I believe it could've been a lot better, but oh well. I came to love the characters. It's sad how most of them met their ends tho.
Sep 3, 2020 2:52 AM
Nov 2014
This anime is hands down one of the best shonen anime I've watched. The story was insane and a lot of characters were really complex. Overall I will give it an 8/10 would have been 9 or even 10 if not for the obvious pacing and that it didn't get more episodes.
Jan 29, 2021 1:43 PM

Nov 2009
Honestly for all the content thats been cut to squeeze this into 36 episodes this still turned out very good imo, the characters were the real strength of the show and watching Masaru grow from start to finish was quite entertaining.

a very solid 7, I think the potential was absolutely there for a stronger score mind you but hey it was pretty good and thats enough for me most of the time!
Feb 26, 2021 11:25 AM

Jul 2007
I loved it finished in a happy and perfect way. The images of everyone in the circus made my heart jump and adult Masaru almost made me cry. I'm gonna miss this show
Apr 29, 2021 11:01 AM

Jan 2021
I liked the ending sene where they had all the characters good and bad all together in front of the curtains celebrating and waving kinda implying that this hole thing was a performance for our entertainment this was very good
Feb 4, 2023 11:28 PM

May 2019
The show had many flaws,so had the mamga too, plenty of weird nonsense scenes and even arcs,  that was correctly cut or adapted in the anime.

But overall it was the great anime tribute to the art of Circus, man this was amazing.

A pretty unique show. I'm glad for discovering this.
Aug 18, 2023 1:51 AM
Jul 2021
So basically the entire anime was nothing more than a Circus performance/show? 

That's the take I have after watching the very ending of the last episode, when everyone, the good guys and the baddies are all together on a stage? Smiling and waving and what not.

This show should have had much mora Masaru than it did, great character development all in all he truly became like Narumi/became strong(er). 
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2019

26 by ohnaur »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:34 AM

» Was it well received in japan?

SinDrake - Nov 15, 2023

3 by SinDrake »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2019

20 by DANIELLL224 »»
Oct 16, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2019

22 by Dawizz »»
Aug 17, 2023 12:01 AM

» Why so low score?

Laxus07 - May 3, 2019

38 by wolfwing »»
Jul 17, 2023 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.