Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 9, 2019 12:50 PM

Feb 2017
Tokoya said:
Oh this is gonna be amusing af lol. Wonder how long it'll take the MC's to realize that they're all from the real world xD

Also, that ED is perfection

IIRC I read someone saying that Ainz real world is not like ours, just not sure how different but I'm guessing enough to not have him think to himself this is like his original world unlike Kazuma and Tanya thought to themselves.
Apr 9, 2019 1:06 PM

Feb 2018
It was... OK, I guess? I hope we get more jokes next ep.
Apr 9, 2019 1:16 PM

Jun 2014
Marvel: Infinity War is the most ambitious crossover in history.

Isekai Quartet: *hold my beer*

Lol i dont expect this to be that good but it should be an amusing time-waster.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 9, 2019 1:17 PM

Aug 2018
AND THEY SAID AVENGERS INFINITY WAR WAS THE MOST AMBITIOUS CROSSOVER IN HISTORY ?!

For real this TOTAL fanservice but I love it with no shame, even tho I'm not a big fan of Isekai, seing all these weirdos interacting together is hell of funny while they were berely any jokes in this ep, just memes and exposition.

I want to see more of it, especially because it's so short, I want Subaru and Kazuma being best pals, I want Rie Takahashi Talking to herself, I want Tanya and Ainz beating each other I WANT ANYTHING THAT COULD HAPPEN !

(OP is so dope it justifies the whole watch)
Apr 9, 2019 1:31 PM

Jun 2017
this is like if the school scene from the last episode of evangelion was real
Apr 9, 2019 1:33 PM
Dec 2014
Chibi style, check

Isekai anime, double check

Cross over, 4 checks

Pixelated ed, unexpected but a I give it 100 checks

conclusion, it's gonna be legen....dary.

-Riptide- said:
Emilia is just too fucking pure. Already thinking about making new friends.

Also, would Aqua's Turn Undead work on Ainz? Did Ainz just meet his match

I was waiting for her to yell "TURN UNDEAD" the moment she saw Ainz but I was disappointed.

I know it's supposed to be light hearted comedy slice of life but some action won't hurt, instead it will add to the comedy of the show, like why Megumin didn't use her explosion, it's an ability with 1 day cooldown, such waste not to use it everyday and she can get a sick leave from school by using it, easy way to ditch out classes.
Apr 9, 2019 1:36 PM

Feb 2011
AOTY confirmed bois. Look no further than this.
Apr 9, 2019 1:41 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, i loved it, its is going to be a masterpiece, i trully enjoyed this episode, and it made me laugh a lot of times, specially Konosuba's crew it remembered me how much i miss that anime, and made me laught a lot with their interactions, and its also nice to see all characters from other anime that i liked a lot!

I also miss a lot ReZero crew, was awesome their entrance!

Albedo wanting to slaughter them xD

Ending was really perfect in pixels!
Apr 9, 2019 1:45 PM

Apr 2017
Re_Rem-0 said:
Its really cool how all four authors of their respective franchises linked up and watched the first episode together.

Wait really? How did u know it?
Apr 9, 2019 1:48 PM

Aug 2012
KonoSuba is added for the comical value and i love it.
Apr 9, 2019 1:49 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice to see the cast of Konosuba again after so long. Hmm a crossover between Overlord, Saga of Tanya, Re Zero and Konosuba a excellent recipe for comedy indeed. Now that is quite the class they ended up joining though lol. An excellent first ep that while doing well to reintroduce us to each of the main cast from their respective worlds also did well to show just what will happen if they encounter others from parallel worlds. Looking forward to seeing the kind of hilarity that will ensure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2019 2:05 PM

Aug 2016
So fucking cute. Loved the ED!
Apr 9, 2019 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
So this actually happened. Seeing 3 out of the 4 isekai series I like in here was funnier than I expected. Even the one I dislike was relatively amusing in this. I figured it was gonna be a short so not too upset over the 12 min runtime.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 9, 2019 2:18 PM

Feb 2018
No idea if this show is going to end up being good, but it should at least be mildly entertaining.

Lol @ Aqua immediately pestering an equally confused Ainz-sama
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Apr 9, 2019 2:31 PM

Jun 2014
Well glad it is a short. These kinds of anime do well with a 12-15 minute per episode format. The show is supposed to be for lighthearted fun so can't judge it too harshly... it was watchable.
Apr 9, 2019 2:50 PM

Oct 2013
I knew the Re Zero cast would just be a major turn off but didn't imagine it would feel this incredibly displeasing as it did

but seeing the idea of Overlord vs Konosuba cast is great
Can picture all the S&M stuff between Darkness and Shalltear
Apr 9, 2019 2:55 PM

Sep 2018
Can I watch this if I've only seen the 1st season of each of the four shows? Or will there be things I don't know about?
Apr 9, 2019 2:59 PM

Jul 2012
This was freaking hilarious lmao

Wasn't expecting to laugh this much
Apr 9, 2019 3:16 PM

Jul 2015
They took transfer into a new world and meeting overlord cast surprisingly well.
Apr 9, 2019 3:43 PM

Oct 2011
Best crossover anime I've seen since Carnival Phantasm. This should be fun~

Apr 9, 2019 3:45 PM
Feb 2019
Though I am only really familiar with Konosuba and have only heard of Overlord, I thought this was a really good pilot episode! I actually when the ED came on said to myself, "Really? It's over already?"

Whether or not the show was planning this, I already want to watch not just Overlord, but Re:Zero and Tanya the Evil! I of course also want to watch the rest of this series to see how the other characters play off each other, who brought them the buttons and generally just knowing more about this school!
Apr 9, 2019 4:10 PM

Dec 2015
It's not a masterpiece that will be remembered forever, but it's fun. That was my expectation from the start and I'm not disappointed
Apr 9, 2019 4:14 PM
Feb 2019
Grand Isekai of Isekais!! These shorts are hilarious as hell and the seiyuus are same for all characters so far which makes the series even more likable.

P.S.- Chibi Albedo is kawai! >.<
Apr 9, 2019 4:28 PM

Jun 2015
This looks like it is going to be really fun.
:)
Apr 9, 2019 4:30 PM

Jun 2014
12min is too short.

If I was rich, I'd fund this.
Apr 9, 2019 4:37 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I find this cute and entertaining. xD Cast of Re:Zero were the last ones to show up in the first episode. Now that the entire class is assembled, I look forward to the next episode!

First interaction between Konosuba cast and Overlord cast was pretty funny. I wonder how things would have turned out if they weren't called for class yet.
Apr 9, 2019 4:45 PM

Aug 2018
Oh, rejoice! The most ambitious crossover that already got memed to death is finally here!
I still haven't watched Re:Zero and Overlord. Oh well...

Team Chibi Aqua! <3
Aqua is not useless btw.
It's all Megumin's fault they are in this anime.
Timz0rApr 9, 2019 7:00 PM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Apr 9, 2019 4:51 PM

Sep 2013
Expectations met, sasuga ainz-sama.
Apr 9, 2019 5:00 PM

May 2016
12 minutes ain't enough, I'm getting nostalgic hearing and seeing these characters

Apr 9, 2019 5:00 PM
Jul 2015
1st ep was more fun then funny but It's entertaining so that's good

but the konosuba cast is literally 100x better then the other 3 combined so far lol

Apr 9, 2019 5:02 PM

Feb 2019
The first episode was a lot of fun, it was nice seeing kazuma and his party & tanya looks so freaking adorable in chibi format

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Apr 9, 2019 5:49 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode! Much more fun than I imagined it’d be!
A total relief for me too as this’ll be the only Spring show that I’ll be keeping with while it airs.

Konosuba’s crew, => Aqua is the most useless god ever xD and it’s great to see the others the same as always, is the most intriguing so far but I can’t wait to see the Re:Zero, => that Godly Emilia chibi form was a treat to see, crew leading soon. Meanwhile, the Overlord crew and Youjo Senki crew are really awesome to have around too! Chibi forms of these Characters are super hilarious! Loved the moment when Aqua was asking the Overlord crew only to get shut down like that by Ainz-sama. And then three were off proclaiming to poor Kazuma about their fantasies, xD. Looks like the principal(?) and school life for these Characters are almost underway, very curious to see how it goes from here onwards.

Great Op and ED themes too! Op visuals are just amazing xD, loved that scene of Tanya and Subaru running to school in particular and that little introduction of the four main characters, lmao.
_MushiRock11_Apr 9, 2019 5:54 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 9, 2019 6:08 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Now that all the introductions are out of the way hopefully they can start cracking jokes in the second episode. The OP was pretty entertaining and it's nice to see all these characters again.

I didn't really find Overlord Ple Ple Pleiades especially funny and Re:Zero Break Time even less so, this Director in general just isn't all that strong of a comedic writer, but I think despite this the show still has two good shots at actually being pretty funny. The first shot being I think if the comedic genius who created Konosuba (as well as to a lesser extent the other three creators of the series in this show) were given a lot of input on the show then it could actually turn out to be pretty funny (given Konosuba's creator could really go to town on the script and the creators of the other three series obviously know their own characters better than anyone). All four show creators were actually friends with one another before this crossover was conceived which if they actually got to work together with the director would be a great sign that they could collaborate well. But even if they didn't have much of a hand in the show's creation (which unfortunately is probably the case given how anime production normally goes) I think there's still a decent second shot in the characters / voice actors carrying the show instead. These four series are known for having some fantastic characters as well as fantastic voice actors behind said characters that really make said characters all the more lovable. And given this show's nature it might actually be the type of show that offers a lot of opportunities for the voice actors to adlib jokes plus I could see cramming all these voice actors together in one room creating a very fun work environment incredibly conducive to these voice actors being able to play off one another really well and being able to give their best performances. Admittedly my hopes aren't too high for this series, it'll probably be pretty average, but I do think there's still a chance the deck could align in a way that this show ends up being really funny.
KyotosomoApr 9, 2019 6:54 PM
Apr 9, 2019 6:16 PM

Jan 2008
Hoping to see more interactions between Megumin and Emilia. Always funny seeing 2 different characters voiced by the same person interact. Hope we get some voice actor jokes and references.

Surprised Aqua didn't go spamming Turn Undead on Ainz the second she saw him.
Apr 9, 2019 6:41 PM

Nov 2018
Sane what happened to other anime that consume only for 12-13 mins. Like Senryuu girl, Teacher gal, strike witches and this anime that only one production...

Anyways forget that...
About this anime that was a very good show, 4 anime in one particular place because they can't followed the say " DON'T TOUCH THE RED BUTTOM " and did not followed... What will be happened this four anime if they united as one or not, and whose character will become useless, an idiot, and a cute waifu character in this anime..
PersiaJuliet23Apr 9, 2019 7:13 PM
Apr 9, 2019 7:06 PM

Oct 2015
HaXXspetten said:
You know this is what fanservice really ought to be like. In other words just pure easter egg content for any long-standing fans of already existing franchises. Except here it's been done to the quadruple by combining so many popular shows into one ^^

plz extra fanservice cause re:zero fans
cause its the last time they'll see rem :> :> :> :>
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Apr 9, 2019 7:08 PM

Aug 2015
could've been better but it's a sad time when this is one of the most watchable anime this season. hopefully future episodes are better now that the setup is done.
Apr 9, 2019 7:12 PM

Mar 2014
As someone who's seen all 4 series, this is gonna be fun. Really cute first start so far
Apr 9, 2019 7:15 PM
Oct 2018
wouldnt mind if they had a battle shounen for this. it seems like a really good idea,
Apr 9, 2019 8:01 PM

Jan 2018
It's been long since i've last heard Kazuma desu. Well that aside it was a really funny episode also it'll be fun if we ever get to see Aqua vs Ains so that we can finally knew if that useless Goddess can do anything worth mentioning lol.
Apr 9, 2019 8:21 PM

Sep 2017
Haha ! can't believe i'd see the day two of my favorite show/characters would be together KonoSubas - Kazuma and Overlords - Ains Gown ※\(^o^)/※
Apr 9, 2019 8:32 PM
Nov 2018
Decent start!

Though now I am just sad I am missing more kono suba.

You can see how much fun they had putting this together. The voice actors all sound like they're having a blast.
Apr 9, 2019 8:48 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great start imo.

I dont mind it being 12 mins short although it would be nice to have em spread out to 23 mins if it was just a bunch of segments stitched together.

The OP and ED are catchy too, love it.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 9, 2019 8:55 PM
Dec 2016
SOME PEOPLE ARE TAKING THIS SHOW WAAAY TOO SERIOUSLY.

DUDES.

IT'S A CHIBI-CROSSOVER-HIGH-SCHOOL-COMEDY!!! YOU CAN'T EXPECT ANYTHING GOOD TO COME OUT OF IT!!!

Anyways, this just cured my cancer. 11/10
Apr 9, 2019 9:15 PM

Jul 2016
Uhm... Is it ok if I watch this when I have only completed Youjo Senki and Overlord?... Oh well.

Pretty absurd first episode but enjoyable nevertheless.

Man, I didn't know I was missing Tanya's voice this bad. I literally can't wait for the moment she goes full psycho mode with one of her speeches xD
Apr 9, 2019 9:52 PM

Mar 2009
All these big personalities together in one anime...and they put them in a school setting. How unfortunate.
Apr 9, 2019 10:16 PM
Mar 2017
This anime will undoubtedly make me laugh a lot every episode, it's a pleasure to see so many different characters in one place.
Aqua is still the useless goddess that makes me laugh so much and Kazuma will undoubtedly be a plus in the laughter, Megumin killed me with laughter when she pressed the button and that face of satisfaction before being transported is priceless, Darkness is still with her taste for being sullied and her voice is a pleasure for the ears.
Ainz is tricked into pressing the button, since he already suspected that it was a trap, he was easily made to press the button with his butt, it is also pleasant to hear the lovely and soft voice of the spectacular Albedo.
Tanya also fell into the trap, having two buttons to press is difficult to choose, although she pressed the two buttons, even though I laughed a lot as she associates this incident with a plan of Being X, this also made me laugh a lot about how Youjo Senki's epic music does not match the animation.
And the group that I most expected to join the class was of Re: Zero, it's a pleasure to listen to Inori Minase and Rie Takahashi give life to Rem and Emilia again (this cute and charming girls that caused a massacre among the fans ) I was so happy to listen to the sweet Rem and Emilia and her lovely personality, it was also a pleasure to hear the classic phrase of Subaru, EMT: Emilia-tan Maji Tenshi and Ram sacrificing Subaru for the good of the group is priceless.

The Opening is very funny, I like to see so many memorable characters of different anime Isekai together to make us laugh and without a doubt it made me laugh a lot that the protagonists of each anime sing the OP, besides that it is fun as such disparate characters share such funny moments. The Ending also has its charm, is in 8-bit style and the girls who sing are Emilia, Albedo, Tanya and Aqua.
Undoubtedly I expect moments of much laughter from this anime, I also want to see a scene with Emilia and Megumin interacting, I also want to see what reaction Ainz and Tanya will have when they know that Aqua is a goddess (even though she is an useless goddess)
Apr 9, 2019 10:30 PM
Dec 2018
Re_Rem-0 said:
Its really cool how all four authors of their respective franchises linked up and watched the first episode together.

So, did anyone got new profile images for Discord yet?
where you see it ? can you give me the link
Apr 9, 2019 10:35 PM

Jul 2016
Decent start, I'm mostly here for the memes.

I guess this will finally push me to finish Re:Zero as well.
Apr 10, 2019 12:13 AM
Sep 2012
I need emilia and megumin talk each other and my life is completed :D
It was fun start tho, just a bit random
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2019

162 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

80 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:28 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

127 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2019

109 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:24 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

76 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.