I'm an anime enthusiast who enjoys a wide range of genres. I particularly enjoy drama, romance, thriller, comedy, and slice-of-life. On the other hand, I dislike most ecchi/harem and long running shounen shows due to how incredibly predictable they usually are, although there are a few notable exceptions. I also read manga, visual novels and light novels, but not nearly as much as I watch anime. Feel free to make any anime/manga/VN/LN recommendations that you think I will be able to enjoy.
I'm fairly open regarding friend requests; however, I will not accept random requests from strangers I have never talked to before. This means you should try to start a conversation first before sending an invitation. I encourage friendly discussions and debates, so drop me a comment or two if you have something to talk about. If you have any questions about my ratings or anything else on my page, then feel free to ask. Constructive criticism is appreciated; trolling, however, is not.
Probably my favorite medium in terms of overall immersion and emotional impact. I would encourage any anime fan to give visual novels a try. Some of the highly acclaimed titles may be time-consuming, but the payoff is definitely worth the time investment. Trust me, you won't regret investing your time on this niche medium.
Last Completed: Baldr Sky Dive2 “Recordare”
Time Spent: 85 hours
Comment: Simply one of the most addicting games I've ever played in my life. BSD2 delivers one hell of an awesome ride with its fantastic storytelling, a very likable character cast, and amazing gameplay. It's consistently engaging and rarely has a dull moment. Suffice to say that it has become one of my top VN’s to date. Sora's best girl, by the way.
1) Muv-Luv Alternative - 10/10
2) G-senjou no Maou - 9/10
3) Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai - 9/10
4) Baldr Sky Dive2 “Recordare” - 9/10
5) Ever17 -The Out of Infinity- - 9/10
6) Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~ - 8/10
7) Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - 8/10
8) Rewrite - 8/10
9) Grisaia no Kajitsu -Le Fruit de la Grisaia- - 8/10
10) Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo - 8/10
Top 50 Favorite Works
1) Muv-Luv Alternative (Visual Novel) - (10/10)
2) Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria (Light Novel) - (10/10)
3) Steins;Gate (Anime) - (10/10)
4) Clannad: After Story (Anime) - (10/10)
5) G-senjou no Maou (Visual Novel) - (9/10)
6) Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai (Visual Novel) - (9/10)
7) Baldr Sky Dive2 “Recordare” (Visual Novel) - (9/10)
8) Ever17 -The Out of Infinity- (Visual Novel) - (9/10)
9) Fate/Zero (Light Novel) - (9/10)
10) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Anime) - (9/10)
11) Monster (Anime) - (9/10)
12) Oyasumi Punpun (Manga) - (9/10)
13) Hunter x Hunter (2011) (Anime) - (9/10)
14) Something About Us (Manhwa) - (9/10)
15) Fate/Zero (Anime) - (9/10)
16) Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~ (Visual Novel) - (8/10)
17) Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru (Visual Novel) - (8/10)
18) Rewrite (Visual Novel) - (8/10)
19) 20th Century Boys (Manga) - (8/10)
20) Seishun Buta Yarou wa Yumemiru Shoujo no Yume wo Minai (Anime) - (8/10)
21) Chikan Otoko (Manga) - (8/10)
22) Onanie Master Kurosawa (Manga) - (8/10)
23) Bastard (Manhwa) - (8/10)
24) Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu (Anime) - (8/10)
25) Chihayafuru 3 (Anime) - (8/10)
26) Toradora! (Anime) - (8/10)
27) NHK ni Youkoso! (Anime) - (8/10)
28) Sakamichi no Apollon (Anime) - (8/10)
29) Cross Game (Anime) - (8/10)
30) Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (Anime) - (8/10)
31) Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou (Anime) - (8/10)
32) Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu (Anime) - (8/10)
33) My Girl (Manga) - (8/10)
34) The Friendly Winter (Manhwa) - (8/10)
35) Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan (Manga) - (8/10)
36) Grisaia no Kajitsu -Le Fruit de la Grisaia- (Visual Novel) - (8/10)
37) Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo (Visual Novel) - (8/10)
38) Hoshi no Samidare (Manga) - (8/10)
39) Monogatari Series: Second Season (Anime) - (8/10)
40) Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. (Anime) - (8/10)
41) Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 (Anime) - (8/10)
42) Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (Anime) - (8/10)
43) Death Note (Anime) - (8/10)
44) Fate/Stay Night (Visual Novel) - (8/10)
45) Steins;Gate 0 (Anime) - (8/10)
46) Aria the Origination (Anime) - (8/10)
47) White Album 2 (Anime) - (8/10)
48) Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Anime) - (8/10)
49) Made in Abyss (Anime) - (8/10)
50) Vinland Saga (Anime) - (8/10)
I don't think I'll be active on this site anymore, due to work life getting busier than ever before. I'll probably only be around to update the shows I watch/read until I find more time for online activities. Until then, I won't be replying to comments regularly. Hope you guys understand.
Re:Zero and Oregairu in the same anime season? Hell yeah! :)
How I Rate Stuff
My rating system takes account of four main categories (Story, Character, Enjoyment, and Significance), and uses them to calculate a cumulative average. I put more weight on the Story and Character sections because I deem them to be the most important aspects in evaluating a work, while Enjoyment and Significance are given less weight since they're more personal and subjective. Note that this system is far from objective, as every score is ultimately influenced by my own subjective take on the subject, and is primarily there to give me a more balanced approach of doing ratings. For the sake of consistency, I use the same guidelines for anime, manga, light novels, and visual novels.
Story (Presentation, Theme, and Pacing) - 30%
Character (Development, Interaction, and Characterization) - 30%
Enjoyment (Consistency, Anticipation, and Impact) - 20%
Significance (Memorability, Value, and Nostalgia) - 20%
1/10 = Atrocious: An utter waste of time. Something that is so bad, that its very existence is a joke. Hilarious for all the wrong reasons.
2/10 = Awful: Terrible show with countless flaws that is difficult to like or appreciate in any manner, save for perhaps a few occasional moments.
3/10 = Bad: A poor show that is riddled with questionable writing and cliches, but can still be amusing to watch at times. Nonetheless, it is far from a worthwhile experience.
4/10 = Subpar: A mediocre series which may have more negatives than positives, but thankfully has some redeeming qualities that makes it worth watching to the end. A guilty pleasure.
5/10 = Average: An enjoyable series with plenty of good points, but is hindered by an equal amount of bad points. Typically a work that is subjectively entertaining, but lacks any real significance that makes it stand out from the rest of its peers.
6/10 = Decent: A solid work that is not only consistently enjoyable to watch, but also offers something unique to the viewer. It is not without its own share of flaws, although the overall experience should be considered as a success.
7/10 = Good: A very strong work that provides both quality writing and impact. Something to be praised and respected.
8/10 = Great: An excellent work in all categories that easily stands out from the rest of its peers. Whether it's in the story or characters, the show brilliantly nails them down, and presents a thoroughly engaging experience that will be remembered for a long time.
9/10 = Amazing: An absolutely fantastic ride that delivers impeccable writing, presentation, significance, and enjoyment. Virtually impossible to forget, and leaves a huge void upon completion. Truly an extraordinary experience to behold.
10/10 = Masterpiece: What I regard as the pinnacle of the medium. This is a work with an unforgettable story and an exemplary character cast. And, most of all, this is a work that speaks to me on a personal level - a feat that simply cannot be replicated in other titles. Masterful writing agglomerated with sentimental fulfillment, make it the closest thing to perfection. Simply awe-inspiring.