Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2019 8:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, it picks off from the sports festival last time. It seems Ainz and Tanya are willing to do whatever it takes to win this tournament.

Quite an exciting and intense finale. A nice way to wrap up the show tbh. I'm going to miss this anime.

Edit: season 2 announced!
Stark700Jun 25, 2019 8:25 AM
Jun 25, 2019 8:12 AM

Aug 2017
I didn't like the chibi format but the interactions were a gold mine. Also, it needs more episodes. Shield Hero and Slime for the next season pls. 6/10 for the anime.
NurguburuJun 25, 2019 12:01 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 25, 2019 8:13 AM

Oct 2014
God damn, that was beautiful. The way Tanya swiped the ribbon from that huge ass spider was amazing, probably because I'm terrified of those things. It was a happy ending for all, and it looks like we may be getting another season!! Overall this was an experience, with art, writing, and character, basically like the food pyramid of anime.
Jun 25, 2019 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
Man it's finally over. Honestly unless BSD S3 comes clutch with its final ep this is easily AOTS for me. 9/10
Jun 25, 2019 9:17 AM

Sep 2018
This,this is the show made for the fans! i knew 1 season is not enough for all the character interactions we could possibly get......

cant wait for season 2

Isekai Quartet!!!!
well that's just my opinion.....
Jun 25, 2019 9:17 AM

Aug 2013
So they finished the festival with their class winning.

Looking forward to season 2.

Jun 25, 2019 9:22 AM

Oct 2017
Not quite how I saw the final episode ending but with more "students" coming and a second season I'm pretty excited.
Jun 25, 2019 9:35 AM

Feb 2017
Glad to see at the end was Tanya the one that defeat (in a manner of speaking) the giant spider.

Also... transfer students? season 2? I wonder who they could be? Rimuru? Shield hero?
Jun 25, 2019 9:36 AM

May 2015
It was somewhat stupid and the final battle stretched for two episodes wasn't necessary. But those crossovers can be fun, I ended up shipping Ainz with Tanya, lol.

If there's another season I'll probably watch it too, although they still could explore more situations with these characters. It feels like the jokes are limited within the anime and so they resort to just adding new characters. Well, either way, it's not bad.
5/10
Jun 25, 2019 9:37 AM

Sep 2014
TRANSFER STUDENTSSSSSS

Isekai Quintet, Sextet, Septet, Octet!
AbnerAJun 25, 2019 10:08 AM
Jun 25, 2019 9:43 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great finale episode!

Wonderful cameos by Ainz, Subaru and Kazuma to give Tanya the impetus there! Subaru got to shine for a bit too, really glad to see that! Loved the saddening soundtrack in the background for it, great to see the others a little baffled by that lol. Great usage of soundtracks this episode as a whole, actually. It really stood out this episode! Comedy was on point too, especially loved that segment showing the monster having a hairband xD and Reinhard pushing the trouble to Subaru’s group because his ‘let someone else take the spotlight’ Divine Protection activation. Some pleasing final moments with the cast slowly starting to accept this Isekai world! Tanya and the Konosuba cast in particular was hilarious! Some people just never change. Emilia is the sweetheart as always too ;) But apparently there are transfer students now?! It’s definitely not that Overlord Sub-monster from the Op in the end there, right? More importantly, Season 2 is announced and what a way to go around it! Can’t wait for more of this!

As the whole series in general, there wasn’t a single boring episode for me so enjoyment was prime throughout! Comedy has been the strong point of this show and the occasional action delivered too! Got to say that this finale episode is probably the best though just for the intensity of the episode! I didn’t think I’d acclimatise to the Chibi forms of these Characters, I really enjoyed their character designs oddly enough lol. Animation, as a whole, wasn’t anything special but good enough. Sound Department was rather good for the show too, Op/ED were really nice to keep up with and some of the OSTs really good! Out of the four, three are in my top 5 Isekai shows so it’s been a blast of course! I’d liked to see more on the power levels in this world, more so because of Tanya’s little demonstration some 2-3 episodes earlier, but well maybe next time.

I really hope the we get Isekai Quintuplet for the next season! Lol, whatever the case, highly looking forward to it!

8/10!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 25, 2019 9:48 AM

Jan 2018
what a way to demonstrate everyone's skills and WHAT TRANSFER STUDENTS!?!?!?!?! WOAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
Jun 25, 2019 9:51 AM

Jan 2017
Oh boy this is how a fan service should be made, it was way better than I have expected.

+ S2 already announced with new students! It's getting better and better!
Jun 25, 2019 9:51 AM

Mar 2017
I freaked out when they said transfer students were coming in. I wish we could've seen silhouettes or something in the doorway. I know most people theorize Rimuru and Naofumi for season 2. Shield Hero is a possibility since Kadokawa is a producer on the show, not sure the likelihood of Rimuru though.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 25, 2019 9:56 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty enjoyable. I'll watch anything that involves Overlord tbh.

Slime and Shield Hero students next? Can't wait. It's going to be a crowded classroom
Jun 25, 2019 9:59 AM

Apr 2012
I want Malty to be part of the Shield hero cast for added comic relief next season. Naofumi, Raphtalia, Firo and Melty. Forget the other heroes, they suck ass bigtime.
10/10 for me idcwyt.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 25, 2019 10:00 AM

Aug 2012
So this means the second season will have more crossovers from other series?
Jun 25, 2019 10:02 AM

Jan 2008
While the finale was pretty meh, even for a short, was actually pretty happy to hear more students and a second season.
Jun 25, 2019 10:13 AM

May 2016
PLEASE DONT HAVE THE TRANSFER STUDENTS BE SHIELD HERO CHARACTERS NEXT SEASON
PLEASE
I BEG YOU, I CANT BEAR THEM ANYMORE
NO MORE "I HAVE LITERALLY ONE QUALITY, BEING CRINGE-INDUCINGLY EDGY AND MOODY" NAOFUMI AND "NAOFUMISAMAAA" RALPHTALIA

DONT TARNISH THE ACTUAL DECENT SHOWS AND CHARACTERS HERE WITH THEM ILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES

I'll accept Reincarnated as a Slime characters and the NGNL characters okay. Just not them. And no Wizard's Grandson whatever either, I really don't want to have to watch that show. PLEASE NO SHIELD HERO
Oh god what if it's SAO...
ZaugrJun 25, 2019 10:25 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2019 10:13 AM

Feb 2015
There isn't many more good isekai to add to this... least of all isekai with anime adaptions.

Please for the love of god keep Shield Hero out. That shit show is a nightmare.
Jun 25, 2019 10:14 AM

May 2016
Yautja said:

Exactly 1 second after me. Mah man!
ZaugrJun 25, 2019 10:19 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2019 10:20 AM

Sep 2009
Isekai Quintet next?! cool.
Jun 25, 2019 10:21 AM

Jul 2015
"If you were an imperial i would conscript you on spot"

Really great series,i thoroughly enjoyed every part of it,glad their class won Subaru was cool this episode and also season 2 is coming,i expect Tate No Yuusha to come,after all it is kadokawa's newest franchise to be hyped..Also want Slime to enter.

9/10 series from.I hope the second season comes soon.

Jun 25, 2019 10:28 AM

Oct 2013
Ayyyy S2 let's go. We might be getting more anime into this crossover? Hopefully Shield Hero or something (It's Kadokawa, right?)
Jun 25, 2019 10:39 AM
Mar 2015
Mission accomplished Ready for Season 2
Jun 25, 2019 10:42 AM
Aug 2016
Nice ending. Since it will probably add new cast in the second season, i kinda hope along with other for Shield hero and Slime, at least the last one.

By the way, the guy that appeared during the credits... does it exists or what?
Jun 25, 2019 10:48 AM
Jun 2019
I don't know but when Megumin said "I'll never change" I got major Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions flashbacks. I am clearly not saying anything like they will join the cast of the show, but given Megumin's character and what she said. It might just be a little reference at least.
Jun 25, 2019 10:55 AM

Jul 2015
I'm just wondering what they mean by "soon".

Jun 25, 2019 10:58 AM

Aug 2012
Nexxarian said:
I freaked out when they said transfer students were coming in. I wish we could've seen silhouettes or something in the doorway. I know most people theorize Rimuru and Naofumi for season 2. Shield Hero is a possibility since Kadokawa is a producer on the show, not sure the likelihood of Rimuru though.

rimuru seems possibe, naofumi i doubt it mostly cuz he is part of "4 ppl group" (the 4 heroes) and if u gonna bring him you need to bring the rest of them sinece its about the heroes and not just him (i know the story is about him but still)
i think we will see touya, diablo , and mabye arifureta?
Jun 25, 2019 11:00 AM

Oct 2017
Hilarious as always and nice s2 coming soon. Also i guess new students means new crossovers. Can't wait to see which anime they will be from.
MegamiRemJun 25, 2019 11:04 AM
Jun 25, 2019 11:05 AM

Feb 2019
I don't think Reincarnated as a Slime is a Kadowkawa property. The manga is Kondansha, so I don't see characters from it coming into this show.
Jun 25, 2019 11:09 AM
May 2018
Can't wait for S2!!!
Jun 25, 2019 11:13 AM

Jul 2016
Yes! Second season announced!! I will be able to see more of Tanya and Ainz being besties :D

Great show overall. It was definitely way more entertaining than I originally expected it to be.

8/10 - I hope I can watch KonoSuba and Re:Zero before the new season arrives tho.
Jun 25, 2019 11:20 AM

Dec 2016
From watching the show at the start, I thought youjo senki in general was a weird pick for this show and wasn't going to work well. And boy I was wrong.

Anyways for next season, I hope they pick no game no life. They would make a fun addition.
LazyChaserJun 25, 2019 11:32 AM
Jun 25, 2019 11:23 AM

Feb 2013
AngeloidChaos said:
Nexxarian said:

rimuru seems possibe, naofumi i doubt it mostly cuz he is part of "4 ppl group" (the 4 heroes) and if u gonna bring him you need to bring the rest of them sinece its about the heroes and not just him (i know the story is about him but still)

Phosphobos said:
Glad to see at the end was Tanya the one that defeat (in a manner of speaking) the giant spider.

Also... transfer students? season 2? I wonder who they could be? Rimuru? Shield hero?

LeMasta said:

Slime and Shield Hero students next? Can't wait. It's going to be a crowded classroom
Zaugr said:
PLEASE
NO MORE "I HAVE LITERALLY ONE QUALITY, BEING CRINGE-INDUCINGLY EDGY AND MOODY" NAOFUMI AND "NAOFUMISAMAAA" RALPHTALIA

DONT TARNISH THE ACTUAL DECENT SHOWS AND CHARACTERS HERE WITH THEM ILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES

I'll accept Reincarnated as a Slime characters and the NGNL characters okay. Just not them. And no Wizard's Grandson whatever either, I really don't want to have to watch that show. PLEASE NO SHIELD HERO

No, Rimuru and the guy from Arifureta isn't possible. Jesus guys, even if you don't know anything about manga and Light Novel market, you can just find information easily on wikipedia about which company publishes the original source. This is an anime entirely funded by Kadokawa so only Light Novels published by them on their brand be it Media Factory, ASCII Media Works, Fujimi Shobo, Kadokawa Shoten or Enterbrain will be there.

Yautja said:
There isn't many more good isekai to add to this... least of all isekai with anime adaptions.

Kadokawa isn't considering your opinion though, but their most successful series. Or successful Isekai for this case, which is their most successful current LN either way.
Jun 25, 2019 11:25 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Guess the destroyer is also part of this crazy game as well. Felt's team sure knows how to force tasks on others lol. Ains and Tanya though really make a good team actually. Having the undead protect the world sure was an interesting idea. Still they sure came in handy for Subaru. If anything the destroyer's arrival only served to show just powerful the team can be when each uses their unique skills to help each other. Though unexpected the destroyer sure made this game much more enjoyable. Though they weren't able to make it home its nice that the bonds that the members of the class have made so far have ensured that each is having fun here. Overall an excellent end to the series that used the bonds and friendship that was forged between the team to score an excellent and satisfying victory.
Jun 25, 2019 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
Episode was pretty meh,

BUT OH MY GOD A SEASON 2 GOT ANNOUNCED
Jun 25, 2019 11:34 AM
Jan 2018
Zaugr said:
PLEASE

my guess it will be series owned by Kadokawa so SAO and NGNL and maybe so what im a spider
Jun 25, 2019 11:36 AM
May 2019
Zaugr said:
PLEASE

This screeching isnt necessary ffs, shield hero has good and bad just like any other isekai, it really isnt that terrible.
Jun 25, 2019 11:36 AM

May 2016
caio_brb said:
No, Rimuru and the guy from Arifureta isn't possible. Jesus guys, even if you don't know anything about manga and Light Novel market, you can just find information easily on wikipedia about which company publishes the original source. This is an anime entirely funded by Kadokawa so only Light Novels published by them on their brand be it Media Factory, ASCII Media Works, Fujimi Shobo, Kadokawa Shoten or Enterbrain will be there.

Yautja said:

Kadokawa isn't considering your opinion though, but their most successful series. Or successful Isekai for this case, which is their most successful current LN either way.

What type of nerd would go wikipedia those entirely uninteresting things when we can just post our worries on the discussion thread and get someone like you to come be a smartass and tell us? Also no way is Shield Hero their most successful series/current LN. Please God tell me that isn't true... Japan's taste isn't THAT bad.

Weebover9000 said:

This screeching isnt necessary ffs, shield hero has good and bad just like any other isekai, it really isnt that terrible.

It is by far and away the worst Isekai I have ever seen. My screeching is 100% justified to me--don't really care if you find it justified or not. Shield Hero is god awful trash. Like 1/10, this writing hurts to think about trash. And the fact that it could continue to cause me such pain after it ends hurts too.
ZaugrJun 25, 2019 11:40 AM
Jun 25, 2019 11:40 AM
Jan 2018
caio_brb said:
AngeloidChaos said:

Phosphobos said:

LeMasta said:

Zaugr said:
PLEASE

Yautja said:

even though it says media factory on shield hero Kadokawa brought them out so its possible

exactly my guess is its either SAO , No Game No life or So what im a spider or even death march heck even log horizon could be included
Jun 25, 2019 11:41 AM
May 2019
Zaugr said:
caio_brb said:

What type of nerd would go wikipedia those entirely uninteresting things when we can just post our worries on the discussion thread and get someone like you to come be a smartass and tell us? Also no way is Shield Hero their most successful series/current LN. Please God tell me that isn't true... Japan's taste isn't THAT bad.

Weebover9000 said:

It is by far and away the worst Isekai I have ever seen. My screeching is 100% warranted to me. Shield Hero is god awful trash. Like 1/10, it hurts to think about trash.

Okay, you're entitled to your opinion, but now its clear you're just over-reacting. However, you shouldnt trash peoples tastes because they dont align with yours. Good day.
Jun 25, 2019 11:49 AM

May 2016
Weebover9000 said:
Okay, you're entitled to your opinion, but now its clear you're just over-reacting. However, you shouldnt trash peoples tastes because they dont align with yours. Good day.

Pretty sure I was trashing the show, but okay. And it's not really surprising you think I'm overreacting... Your standards are way, way lower than mine. The lowest score you've ever given out is a 6/10... There's not anything wrong with that, but yeah, obviously it'd seem like an overreaction to someone like you. Any 1/10 score would.
ZaugrJun 25, 2019 12:00 PM
Jun 25, 2019 11:51 AM

Feb 2013
Zaugr said:
caio_brb said:

Weebover9000 said:

It is by far and away the worst Isekai I have ever seen. My screeching is 100% justified to me--don't really care if you find it justified or not. Shield Hero is god awful trash. Like 1/10, this writing hurts to think about trash. And the fact that it could continue to cause me such pain after it ends hurts too.

I'm glad that you admit that you're just a stupid person which knows absolutely nothing, because it's showing on every one of your posts that you never made any research in your life about any of this, even on the most simple sphere which would be wikipedia.
Jun 25, 2019 11:52 AM
May 2019
Zaugr said:
Weebover9000 said:

Pretty sure I was trashing the show, but okay. And it's not really surprising you think I'm overreacting... Your standards are way, way lower than mine. The lowest score you've ever given out is a 6/10... There's not anything wrong with that, but yeah, obviously it'd seem like an overreaction to someone like you. Any 1/10 would.

Yeah, its really hard for me to hate an anime so bad Id rate it lower than a six, there has to be pigs flying for that to happen cause at the end of the day im just in this genre for entertainment. Also could of sworn I saw you saying japan has shit taste if they enjoy shield hero.
Jun 25, 2019 11:54 AM

Jul 2014
Great finale to a funny and entertaining, albeit very busy show. I can't wait for Season 2 and to see who the "transfer students" are. Just please don't let one of them be Rimuru, AKA the dullest anime protagonist of all time from the show with the dullest yet most irritating cast of all time.

8/10
Jun 25, 2019 11:55 AM

May 2016
caio_brb said:

I'm glad that you admit that you're just a stupid person which knows absolutely nothing, because it's showing on every one of your posts that you never made any research in your life about any of this, even on the most simple sphere which would be wikipedia.

Oh man, this is REALLY making you feel smart isn't it. I originally felt like I was maybe being a bit harsh calling you a smartass (even in some degree of jest), but nope lol, you really did come here to be one. Keep milking it buddy, I bet it feels good. To know you, caio_brb, knew the animes/mangas/LNs Kadokawa and it's subsidiaries are and are not involved in, when no one else did. You truly are smart and I (we) truly do know nothing.
Tell me, how will I ever make it in life with such ignorance? Is there any chance I could have you teach me more about... the Kadokawa Corporation and it's Isekai LN/manga publishing history? I beg you.
ZaugrJun 25, 2019 11:59 AM
Jun 25, 2019 11:59 AM

Feb 2015
caio_brb said:

Yautja said:

No shit Sherlock. That's not my point. I was just saying, I hope this shit series doesn't get added to a relatively good and funny parody show filled with good shows. And I highly, highly doubt that fucking Shield Hero is their most successful series. It's a mediocre fad that will die in the next couple of years. The readers of this show's source material, myself included, know just how bad it gets. Visiting place where the readers are is exactly where that POS gets the most shit.
Jun 25, 2019 12:03 PM
May 2019
Yautja said:
caio_brb said:

No shit Sherlock. That's not my point. I was just saying, I hope this shit series doesn't get added to a relatively good and funny parody show filled with good shows. And I highly, highly doubt that fucking Shield Hero is their most successful series. It's a mediocre fad that will die in the next couple of years. The readers of this show's source material, myself included, know just how bad it gets. Visiting place where the readers are is exactly where that POS gets the most shit.

Thank you for at least trying the source, its a bit refreshing seeing someone who doesnt like the content that has.
Jun 25, 2019 12:07 PM

May 2016
Weebover9000 said:
Yeah, its really hard for me to hate an anime so bad Id rate it lower than a six, there has to be pigs flying for that to happen cause at the end of the day im just in this genre for entertainment. Also could of sworn I saw you saying japan has shit taste if they enjoy shield hero.

Hey I'm here for entertainment too. Just value different things more/less than you I guess.
And aw shit you got me there. Though in my defense I didn't DIRECTLY call them or anyone else as having bad taste--it was indirect if anything... And saying someone has "bad taste" is hardly "trashing", it's more just saying "yours don't align with mine"... right? Of course tastes that don't align whatsoever with mine are gonna seem bad to me. Right? Right?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

80 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:28 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

127 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2019

109 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:24 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

76 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:23 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2019

71 by nanajp »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.