Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2018 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Narumi always have to deal with the freaks in this show. But still, his dedication to protect children is amazing.

Fighting aboard an an aircraft made the episode even more thrilling. (I actually recall an episode similar in nature from Ushio to Tora) Pretty intense action as I had expected. I feel like Narumi is getting stronger himself every time he is on screen from these episodes.

Nov 29, 2018 8:46 AM

Jun 2015
They almost meet each other much faster than I'd have expected.

Also if the sight of being stabbed with 30 knives from last episode wasn't enough, this week we have 7 twisted fingers.
Nov 29, 2018 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
That was really thrilling.
Nov 29, 2018 9:43 AM

Jul 2017
To think that the relationship between Shirogane and Narumi is that depressing...but all in regards to how much they have went through.

And...back to Narumi, another battle of freaks. So begins this long hard battle between him and the automata. You'd think last episode's 30 knife piercing was tough to swallow, think about Guy's finger snapping.

Lucille on the other hand, does her job too. It seems to me now that both Guy and Lucille have done their homework on the automata, and though their number can't compare to the automata, they certainly have the power to outwit them.

And...finally...reunited...??? Guess not, says Narumi! The change would definitely shock both Masaru and Shirogane, so leave that for a future episode! Another extensive, action-packed episode that continues to hold my breath every step of the way.
Nov 29, 2018 10:02 AM
Aug 2016
Gotta be honest, when the plane crashed near the circus my first reaction was "hey, finally the reunion, can't wait", then i forgot that Narumi had lost his memory lol.
Good episode as always but damn, they're playing hard with the manga. The beast tamer girl wasn't even introducted in the anime aswell as the circus opening.

ps. When the hell are full versions of OP and ED are gonna come out??????
Nov 29, 2018 10:26 AM
Apr 2017
I was so happy when the plane crashed infront of the circus because I thought the reunion is here... nevermind. However, funny how Shirogane changed after meeting Narumi, I hope she will be able to express or at least have more emotions than she had and currently have.
Nov 29, 2018 10:42 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty thrilling episode, but it sucks that the real reunion can't happen yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 29, 2018 10:50 AM

Mar 2016
I have all respects for Guy in this episode.
Hope he's alright, though.
Nov 29, 2018 10:52 AM

Feb 2016
Neat episode, I was hoping for a Reunion but damn, looks like It might not happen anytime soon.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 29, 2018 10:58 AM
Mar 2016
Again all of this was way more exiciting in the manga. The fight between the automaton, the reunion betweent narumi shirogane and masaru the sky fight between guy and automaton and everything else. The problem i can see with this anime is that they are running a lot with his adaptation and they are cutting the best parts of this manga, i mean, come on i know that you need to save time but... dont you think you are overdoing? I just expect that you were not just cutting the exciting parts of this story to later take your time with the most boring parts that are coming next...
MatthappyNov 29, 2018 1:20 PM
Nov 29, 2018 11:22 AM

May 2018
That Knife Girl rock in her bikini, shit shirogane should have wore a bikini instead of a one piece maillot, and don't tell me that Knife Girls is bisexual .....oh fuck narumi just didn't bother to say hello to Shirogane and Masarou.
Nov 29, 2018 12:34 PM

Jun 2009
love guy more and more the fight in the sky and in the plane was great
and
YES Narumi is back :) im soo happy
8/10
Nov 29, 2018 1:14 PM

Sep 2011
Now this was a good episode!

The start of the attack on the plane was a bit awkward and crude, but the suspense, and Olympia's flight were pretty cool! Guy also seems to be older than I thought, I wonder if that elixir retards or stops their aging process too. lol I can't really like Lucille taking into account the way she trained Shirogane, but she was kind of cool too. I'm a bit confused with her puppet though, it seems to be a simple, if valuable, sword, but well.

Shirogane really fell for Narumi, she even teared up thinking about him because she believed she would never be able to see him again, but as soon as she was about to properly start her circus life with Masaru and their new companions, he appeared before them, though it was all pretty fast, but a nice, if brief, reunion nonetheless. At least they will know that he is alive, and search for him even if he just disappears out of nowhere, right? The next episode might be even better.

#The Tiger Wasn't At Fault
Nov 29, 2018 1:19 PM
Mar 2016
oh and you can lose all your hopes of the tiger arc been adapted (the people who read the manga)
Nov 29, 2018 5:47 PM

Aug 2013
wew laddies that was guwd
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 29, 2018 5:57 PM

Apr 2012
I never thought this show would give me more campy atmosphere than Revue Starligt. Damn, I watch the shonen, where the kung fu master with a hand-Swiss knife, Lee Chaolan and an old woman with a sword are fighting against creepy kamikaze puppets on an airplane. And it's not to mention the ending of the episode, which resembles something like Duck Tales.

PS. At first, Vilma openly flirts with Shirogane, and now starts a conversation about love as if girl's EX = ex-boyfriend. Was the scene at the end of the last episode just a joke?
RobertBobertNov 29, 2018 6:02 PM
Nov 29, 2018 6:52 PM

Jan 2011
lordy lord this was a pretty intense episode

didn't think they'd encounter each other so soon let alone like that but now it made sense why they were cutting to their circus act in the middle of all that chaos
Nov 29, 2018 7:25 PM
Mar 2017
This episode was incredible, The fight on the plane was very good, Narumi could defeat all the automatons inside the plane, but the bastards did not surrender so easily and Guy and Olympia had to get rid of them.
On the other hand, Shirogane demonstrated her incredible body and flexibility in a contest to win money for the opening of the circus, also Vilma seeks to know more about Shirogane, when they talk about men and love, Vilma manages to get some of the feelings that Shirogane had to Narumi.
Masaru also tries to know more about Liese, the animal tamer, she tells her tragic past and how she can no longer tame wild beasts, but Masaru encourages her to keep going.
It was a shame that the opening of the circus was canceled by the plane crash, but on the other hand our three protagonists were about to meet, but it was disappointing that Narumi left.
salbery755Nov 29, 2018 7:29 PM
Nov 29, 2018 8:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Glad to see that Shirogane does pretty much love Narumi but please don't let Guy be dead :(
Nov 29, 2018 10:34 PM

Dec 2014
Such a great eisode...they were so close in meeting Narumi...hmmm yepp so glad
Nov 30, 2018 12:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Really good episode, but probably under par compared to the previous seven episodes.

Everything about this episode just felt a little too hasty and rushed, particularly the transition changes between Narumi’s part and Masaru and Shirogane’s part and the somewhat inconclusive fight scenes.
Still, it managed to keep up with its intense atmosphere and moody feel. Shirogane winning an award for her incredible physique was to be expected and it was nice to see her then advertise her ‘family’. Masaru’s and Liese’s little conversation was a nice addition too, it’s nice to see Masaru rekindling some of her lost affections for her profession. Following this, Vilma seeking out the truth from Shirogane regarding Narumi and just the whole scene as a whole got really emotional instantly.
Meanwhile, Narumi, Guy and Lucille encountered some freaky automatas. I didn’t think they’d be willing to commit suicide like that but maybe that’s just how they’re programmed to be. It was weird in the beginning, no doubt but the intensity of the fight was a pleasure. Mad props to Guy there, he really played the ‘bad guy’ role but everything was for a heartfelt reason. I hope he makes it out alive though, things aren’t looking too great for him. The last scene where Narumi runs off, I’m guessing he’s running off to look for Guy. Speaking of Narumi, another great episode of Narumi special! He totally wrecked those nine challengers effortlessly. A lot of conflicting emotions as a whole between these two but I’m glad they were in the same page eventually. On the other hand, I’m not too fond of Lucille yet but this was a nice episode featuring her this time. Shirogane’s teacher being Guy though, what’s that all about? Are we going to see Lucille and Shirogane reunite?
Speaking of reunion, it was sad to see Shirogane rush over to the plane only to realise that she might have just seen things. When I saw the plane crash right in front of the circus, I was sure a reunion was awaiting. The following scene where Narumi saved both Shirogane and Masaru and then ran off was depressing. I’m sure we will see Narumi regain some of his important memories upon catching a glimpse of them and the following struggles. Shirogane throwing herself there to protect Masaru from the ‘hungry’ automata there was courageous though, I must say. Didn’t Masaru already somehow get the Aqua Vitae powers or is that not really how this mysterious liquid works? Well, I’d love to see some answers to this Qs as soon as possible.

Overall, aplenty of events occurred in this episode.
Perhaps, a little too many if you ask me. I’d preferred to see more of the intense fights during the plane journey and a slow approach to it all.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 30, 2018 3:29 AM

Oct 2011
this episode just made me love guy even more
Nov 30, 2018 7:49 AM

May 2012
Even though this episode felt rushed I enjoyed it a lot.
Nov 30, 2018 9:20 AM

Aug 2013
Nice episode. Pretty intense

Guy is probably not dead.

Nov 30, 2018 10:44 AM

Nov 2018
foi muito bom a luta. eu tinha visto a cena que só sobrava o braço dele em um amv. quando eu vi no anime, fiquei torcendo para ele voltar, porque é uma personagem muito dez. agora conforme ta trabalhando mais ele, ta aumentando.
eu espero que o outro de cabelo branco também volte vivo. rs. por mais que em parte é como se tirasse um pouco do senso de risco os personagens voltar, em outra parte seria legal desenvolver mais os personagens antes.
porque o os caras se machucando de verdade, e os riscos de morte causam uma tensão muito boa.
é disso que mais gostos em histórias. heróis que estão dispostos a se sacrificar de verdade pelo o que é certo, sem pensar nas consequências. herois que lutam contra o mal. rs
Nov 30, 2018 5:14 PM

Aug 2011
This episode, it seems a bit too rushed to me. Like they skipped at least a dozen of the manga chapter with just this one episode.

I was honestly glad that there wasn't a reunion.

If Masaru or Shirogane clearly made him out, that would be interesting for the upcoming episodes but still even with the blurred figure make out, base on my experience with anime and manga, I can still imagine how next and maybe, maybe, the following episode will go.

All in all, this was indeed an intense episode.

I seem that when they show Narumi, you can expect great things, scenes and or moments. Yep, great moments.
Dec 1, 2018 6:28 PM

Oct 2015
I'm glad they didn't meet, it would've been too soon for me. I kept on wishing they wouldn't while the episode was airing, my wish came through.

Guy was cool in this episode, I see hi. in a different light from now on. Too bad for Lucille on the side I really like that Shirogane.

Good episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 2, 2018 1:27 AM

Jun 2013
Vilma making Shirogane acknowledge her feelings for Narumi, YAAAS, she's supports my OTP.

I hope Guy isn't dead, I think he also drank the Acqua Vitae which makes him, Narumi and Shirogane (Éléonore) immortal I think. That is why in the flash back he looks like he was holding Shirogane's hand while she was still a kid. He doesn't age. I think the same would ring true for both Narumi and Shirogane.

I was NOT expecting the plane to crash in front of the Nakamachi circus. What a reunion but that cliffhanger! Narumi even patted Masaru's head after saving him from that automaton!!!
臭い-
Dec 4, 2018 1:11 PM
Oct 2007
Hebi_op said:
Gotta be honest, when the plane crashed near the circus my first reaction was "hey, finally the reunion, can't wait", then i forgot that Narumi had lost his memory lol.
Good episode as always but damn, they're playing hard with the manga. The beast tamer girl wasn't even introducted in the anime aswell as the circus opening.

Ending is already out (https://open.spotify.com/album/48OnfjeNhBsh8FFKZrELG9?si=NwWcm5UVRvWBz7o7rh9LCA or spotify:album:48OnfjeNhBsh8FFKZrELG9)
http://lozareena.com/disco_2nd_Single

You can also find it on Youtube(https://youtu.be/IsMdfU0awSw) too.
Dec 4, 2018 1:36 PM
Aug 2016
mageshino said:
Hebi_op said:

Ending is already out (https://open.spotify.com/album/48OnfjeNhBsh8FFKZrELG9?si=NwWcm5UVRvWBz7o7rh9LCA or spotify:album:48OnfjeNhBsh8FFKZrELG9)
http://lozareena.com/disco_2nd_Single

You can also find it on Youtube(https://youtu.be/IsMdfU0awSw) too.

I realized yesterday Lozareena's song came out almost a week ago lol. Still waiting for the opening.
Thank you anyway :)
Dec 6, 2018 9:13 PM

Dec 2016
The Shirogane Narumi reunion episode is gonna be great, I cannot wait

Also man does the mangaka who made this love having episodes based on airplanes because Ushio and Tora had one too lol, but hey they're always pretty entertaining so I can't blame them
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 20, 2018 12:53 PM

Oct 2008
This series is so intense i'm totally hooked! I should be sleepy because of sleep deprived but this show is the complete opposite of the word called "boring"!
5/5!

Jan 18, 2019 11:47 AM

Feb 2013
Intense, too intense!
It's hard to watch the Shirogane though, all those injuries are too horrible!
Lol, don't tell me Narumi will leave again.
May 22, 2019 8:45 AM

Jun 2014
The people on that plane are lucky to be alive!

Narumi saves Masaru and Shirogane, but he doesn't recognize them, and he disappears before they can speak to him.

Jun 29, 2019 12:54 PM

Aug 2015
I didn't even read the manga but I still can tell that they are rushing the shit out of this it's pretty sad cuz I like the story and the characters, and I feel like they are ruining this show with this ridiculously fast pacing!
Jul 17, 2019 6:14 AM

Jul 2015
The finger thing was painfull to watch
Lucille and Guy were really impressive

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2019

51 by ohnaur »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:19 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2019

26 by ohnaur »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:34 AM

» Was it well received in japan?

SinDrake - Nov 15, 2023

3 by SinDrake »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2019

20 by DANIELLL224 »»
Oct 16, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2019

22 by Dawizz »»
Aug 17, 2023 12:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.