Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 11, 2018 5:08 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So ep 2 has just aired more than 9 hours ago last night but theres no thread yet. Am I the only one who has watched it?

NO light novel spoilers! Or I'm going to get mad ಠ_ಠ
ArdanazOct 12, 2018 7:52 AM
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Oct 12, 2018 6:30 AM

Aug 2013
So this arc is gonna have 3 episodes. While the volume is actually not that long, it still feels a bit rushed.

Also plenty of QUALITY shots. Probably saving the effort for next week.
Oct 12, 2018 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
Styl is back! Same with Itsuwa! Definitely some familiar faces from the past although I would say that Itsuwa's meeting with Touma is kinda awkward.

Tsuchimikado is back too. Glad to see the show focusing a lot more on storytelling now as it even gives an overview of some of the world events. Terra of the Left makes his appearance! One of the strangest looking characters I've seen but very dangerous as a member of the God's Right Seat.

This turned into a pretty eventful episode.
Oct 12, 2018 7:16 AM

Jul 2012
Felt a bit too fast, lots of explanations, was a bit hard to understand even after reading different versions, don't remember lots of stuff.

^ Novel's Terra is still the best, and little bit dissapointed about his voice, i felt like in the end of the second season his VA sounded different, don't really know how to describe it, like he was making accents/emphasizing a lot of words.

Expected 3 episodes for this arc, it was a small one and the main action is in the last episode.
Oct 12, 2018 7:22 AM

Apr 2014
Good 3 episodes for the terra arc, its fine like this. I really hope that they take theyre time with the battle royale arc, the opening gives hoep.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Oct 12, 2018 7:35 AM

Jul 2016
Nice to heard Norio Wakamoto's voice again in Index III lol. Nice way to introduces the God's Right Seat here (Thought why Acqua's sword was so small here compared to the novel and Index PSP game?).

While I still have some issue with the pacing in episode, at least it's wasn't as rushed as the previous episode did (At least the arc doesn't end in this episode like I predict previously).

Kaiser_Senpai said:
Seems like we have a time traveller here xD

Lol that's explains how TC watched the episode way earlier than us.

loli_a_ravioli said:
So this arc is gonna have 3 episodes. While the volume is actually not that long, it still feels a bit rushed.

It's already expected this arc will gonna rushed since they completely skipped C-Document's explanation in previous episode (Luckily the explanation was showed here, though).

It's kinda ridiculous that the anime version of this arc only have 3 episodes when the manga version have 10 chapters in total.
MahiaErebeaNegiOct 13, 2018 2:23 AM
Oct 12, 2018 7:35 AM

Apr 2010
Doesn't Touma realise that his uniform really stands out in France?
Anyway it looks like he got into trouble ones again and with a nasty fellow as well.
And an angry crowd.

Anyway it was an ok episode but they are still building things up.
Oct 12, 2018 8:07 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Itsuwa is very sweet, i already thought so in Index II, great to see her shine with Touma.

First fight hype next episode, let's see if the animation will be fantastic for this.
Oct 12, 2018 8:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Interesting buildup but rushed kind of an episode, to sum it all up.

Itsuwa making her return was nice to see, she really is an interesting and charming character! We even got a bit of Styl, so another nice addition. On another note, though, Touma getting caught because of his uniform though is quite hilarious when you think about it, in all seriousness, if at all that’s the case firstly. Many things have happened and the whole crowd scene and all felt rushed, but st least we got a decent chunk of time spent on explaining things. Even then, a fairly average to good buildup episode. First fight of the show, and I’m looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

Accelerator in the preview of the next epsiode, I wonder if he too is somehow in the Magic world at the moment. Would be interesting Development if Accelerator and Touma meets again.
_MushiRock11_Oct 12, 2018 8:31 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 12, 2018 8:27 AM

Feb 2013
Meh, I know Itsuwa is hot and all but I just can't take her seriously being half naked like that.
Oct 12, 2018 8:30 AM

Jan 2009
damn the animation is bad lol hopefully the fight scenes next episode will be better animated
Oct 12, 2018 8:36 AM

Jun 2010
I'm not usually one to be critical of animation quality, but some of the action shots here were really... Lacking. This is the same studio that did the Minotaur scene from DanMachi. I expect better from you, J.C. Staff.

Ulquiorra said:
Meh, I know Itsuwa is hot and all but I just can't take her seriously being half naked like that.

On the contrary, I can only take her seriously when at least 40% of her body is uncovered.
Oct 12, 2018 8:47 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was mostly build up it seems but it succeeded in getting me hyped to learn and see more of these Right Seat of God guys

The one we got in this episode was super impressive and kinda broken too, so if the rest are equally as strong or even stronger than him, then I'm gonna look forward to seeing them in action (And hopefully against someone else other than Touma)

Other than that, I hope we get a great fight next week, and Itsuwa is really adorable lol, so I hope she sticks around long this time
Oct 12, 2018 8:53 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Touma's first experience with a parachute sure almost ended up being fatal. The document of C sounds like a really troublesome and dangerous document for sure. It sure was fun seeing Touma and Itsuwa use guile to achieve their objectives. The items that Itsuwa needs for her spell sure were cleverly disguised though. Decent episode that revealed just how much trouble the document of C and the members of the right seat of god can be. It was nice to see Itsuwa again and she will be vital in the fight against this new opponent that they are facing.
ShingsterOct 12, 2018 9:11 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2018 8:54 AM

Jul 2013
Itsuwa is a real cutie. I know she appeared in season 2, but she was properly introduced this episode I already like her, lmao.
Love too when Hochu Otsuka voices hammy villains (speaking about VAs, I suddenly remember Norio Wakamoto already participated in Index as soon as I saw Biagio Busoni).

Visuals looked wonky through the episode (especially during the scene of the crowd of protesters), but the scenes of Terra looked acceptable, so I didn't mind them. As soon as they use the top tier visuals for the most exciting scenes, it's all fine.
Oct 12, 2018 9:01 AM

Jul 2016
Tokoya said:
Manga by far tbh.....The LN one is my least favorite
Lol why? I personally think the novel one is the most creepiest (While being look very ugly) out all the three version.
Oct 12, 2018 9:03 AM

Mar 2016
The light-hearted interactions between Touma and Itsuwa were quite enjoyable xD
Oct 12, 2018 9:06 AM

Apr 2014
Ugh, JZB fall back to his old bad habits again. Can we put more time into the action instead of Itsuwa, not like she is going to be relevant past 2 arcs. Seriously, the directing sucks so bad this episode, the time given to different factors are weird as hell, JC really hate this franchise don't they.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Oct 12, 2018 9:09 AM

Feb 2010
Shingster said:
Touma's first experience with a parachute sure almost ended up fatal. The document of C sounds like a really troublesome and dangerous document for sure. It sure was fun seeing Touma and Itsuwa use guile to achieve their objectives. The items that Itsuwa needs for her spell sure were cleverly disguised though. Decent episode that revealed just how trouble the document of C and the members of the right seat of god can be. It was nice to see Itsuwa again and she will be vital in the fight against this new opponent that they are facing.

in the LN he was thrown out of the plane without instruction on how to use said parachute.
ya it would be near fatal
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 12, 2018 9:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Tokoya said:
Manga by far tbh.....The LN one is my least favorite
Lol why? I personally think the novel one is the most creepiest (While being look very ugly) out all the three version.
It just looks plain to me
Oct 12, 2018 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
I knew Itsuwa was adorable way back in II but jesus she really shined here, she is one hell of a charming gal, why did it take this long for her to get a focus like this? I can't wait for more interactions with her and Touma.

Things are heating up! cant wait till HE arrives on the party, this is gonna be a hell of a ride!
Oct 12, 2018 9:31 AM

Feb 2010
ap1001 said:
Ugh, JZB fall back to his old bad habits again. Can we put more time into the action instead of Itsuwa, not like she is going to be relevant past 2 arcs. Seriously, the directing sucks so bad this episode, the time given to different factors are weird as hell, JC really hate this franchise don't they.

what you talking about? there was nothing in this episode that wasn't in the novel.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 12, 2018 9:47 AM

Oct 2014
Feels like the animation quality is not as good as the previous season, and also they change imagine breaker sound effect
Oct 12, 2018 10:04 AM

Oct 2017
Itsuwa might have been handing out hot towels before but now, she's gonna use that spear of hers like a true Amakusa Church member. Out of all the characters from the magic side, she's definitely up there for me.

And look who makes his appearance. Terra of the Left. Ugly may be his appearance, but he's definitely not someone who you want to be messing with. I hope the fight next episode will deliver.

Overall, it's a great episode. I didn't think it was that rushed but that might just be because I had really low expectations for this season.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Oct 12, 2018 10:36 AM

Jan 2013
Lidvia's voice does not match her appearance. She sounded like a dying old woman.
Oct 12, 2018 10:38 AM

Nov 2013
Oh hey, they actually didn't end the arc this week. Kinda surprised.

Things are still moving a bit too fast for my liking, though. And they also managed to make Terra more ugly somehow.
Oct 12, 2018 10:53 AM

Jul 2017
It was paced too quickly for my liking. It was alright but still, a bit uninspiring to me. I've definitely seen better buildup episodes from other shows.
Oct 12, 2018 11:08 AM
Oct 2018
JC rush it, but certainly not really rushed. This season has better explanation rather than previous season. Kinda dissapointed that battle isnt really impressive and they didnt censor any god right seat member xD.

Overall, they focus on explanation rather than put all LN stuff into one episode but battle isnt too impressive. If my guess is right, this arc probably will be 4 eps since I saw accel scene in next episode preview (I thought they will delete it). And if that true, I can understand why JC kinda rushed since 5 episode for intro arc and not so popular arc is too much.

For anyone who think why index kinda so rushed, it because mostly, one volume = one arc, different than other LN.

Next episode is aldnoah like episode, I hope JC animated that academy city "toy" not only in short scene since they decided to include accel scene in next eps.
Hatsune_InoriOct 12, 2018 11:16 AM
Oct 12, 2018 12:04 PM
Jan 2016
Wow Itsuwa is really cute and pretty! She is shining, and is being able to pass time with Touma!
Oct 12, 2018 12:44 PM

Mar 2017
Great episode. Itsuwa is back with her towel service lol. Damn Terra is strong.
Oct 12, 2018 12:45 PM

Jul 2014
I mean we knew it going to be rushed.... Not many are fans of this arc anyway

As long they save their money and budgets for Battel royal I am satisfied
Oct 12, 2018 1:41 PM

Feb 2014
Touma got really lucky. His first taste of using a parachute nearly killed him when he landed in the river, but Itsuwa was at hand to rescue him. Honestly, her interactions with Touma was really sweet and amusing, even when he pointed out that her bra was easily visible from her soaking wet shirt.

Art quality and animation is inconsistent, though. Some parts were great, with some nice background visuals as well as the fight with the odd-looking Terra near the end of the episodes, but other times, it looked low budget, with the protesting crowd bearing the force of low quality drawing. Still, it's nowhere near as bad as season two's quality issues, but I hope that JC isn't trying to rush their production too much to get the episodes done in time.

Either way, I'm expecting JC to up the quality next week, as Accelerator makes his appearance in the preview. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing him and Last Order again. =)
Oct 12, 2018 3:14 PM

Feb 2015
One thing that I always find strange about this series is that the main character Index is hardly ever in it. She's constantly upstaged and surpassed by every other female character in the show. I get the impression the author had second thoughts and sidelined her making Mikasa best girl intentionally.
Oct 12, 2018 3:40 PM

Apr 2013
action was okay once it started
also

ACCELERATOR NEXT EPISODE
DelusionalUzumeOct 12, 2018 3:50 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Oct 12, 2018 3:56 PM

Apr 2015
Touma skydiving like a pro... Itsuwa to his rescue. Poor girl wasn't aware of her bra being visible. Atleast she didn't slap Touma when he pointed it out. Her disguise clothes are sexy as hell though!

Battle at the end was interesting!

Accelerator in the preview, now that's something to look forward to!
Oct 12, 2018 4:10 PM

Nov 2013
Crashmatt said:
One thing that I always find strange about this series is that the main character Index is hardly ever in it. She's constantly upstaged and surpassed by every other female character in the show. I get the impression the author had second thoughts and sidelined her making Mikasa best girl intentionally.
The thing is, Index is NOT a main character. Not even close.

Just because her name is in the title doesn't mean she's THE main character. This series was originally meant to end after the first volume which was Index's story, but Kamachi was given a chance to expand it. He wanted to give each volume a different name but that's a pretty risky idea so his editors talked him out of it and the series got stuck with Index.
Oct 12, 2018 4:53 PM

Dec 2015
The episode was good , not rushed so much but the animation is bad ._. i hope it gets better in the later episodes
Oct 12, 2018 5:22 PM

Jun 2012
I still ain't used to this new sound effect of imagine breaker, its sounds like a whistling explosion to me.
Oct 12, 2018 5:46 PM

Nov 2016
Let's hope that J.C put some heart into the fight next episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 12, 2018 6:08 PM

Jun 2012
Ah ah ah, towel girl appears I suppose she's gonna up her game now. I think the animation was below average, hope they improve it, it's a wanted sequel of 7 years it totally deserves it.
By the way, didn't Lidvia Lorenzetti died in season 2, trying to save the big ass cross?
Oct 12, 2018 8:48 PM
Jan 2017
god right seat hype. cant wait to next week beacause acceleratorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr greatness
Oct 12, 2018 9:51 PM

Dec 2013
Itsuwa is looking amazing with those clothes.

Terra appears and I’m not a big fan of his voice...
Oct 12, 2018 10:00 PM

Nov 2017
- Terra voice... i know he was take a lot of role... but you know? to hear jiraiya become a bad guy.. it hurts me..
- its been long time but.. did you guys realize that tsuchimikado was so familiar with a guy on dagashi kashi?
- so, her name is Itsuwa... i dont recognize it since index II.
Now Loading.....
Oct 12, 2018 10:29 PM

Dec 2014
Some good Itsuwa service. ;)
That said, I can't seem to remember Itsuwa at all. I don't recall when she was introduced nor what she did. Hmm, I really need to read a summary or something I guess.

The fight next episode should be interesting.
Oct 13, 2018 2:04 AM

May 2012
The backdrops of Avignon looked really nice and it was cool to see Terra's powers animated. The animation was a bit inconsistent during the episode, but the overall pacing was pretty good and I'm glad they went back to explain more about the C-document. Looks like it will be over next week.
Oct 13, 2018 4:11 AM
Aug 2018
Felt like I got hit by a speeding info dump truck while watching this episode. The pacing felt really fast, so I hope they'll tone it down a bit next week.

Best girl finally properly introduced, and she's as wonderful as ever.

Also, I'm unsure if I can get used to the new Imagine Breaker SFX... But that's just small details. Good episode overall.
Oct 13, 2018 4:18 AM

Aug 2011
Boy is it going to take a while to get used to that new Imagine Breaker sound.

The pacing was a bit slower than I thought. I was thinking this episode would end at the end of the Terra fight, not the middle. I get really enjoy seeing Terra's magic animated.

I am a bit sad the gag of Touma struggling to place his order in English was cut.
Oct 13, 2018 4:29 AM

Jan 2016
Damn, was Index always this good? I mean it was always good but a tad boring at times. But this is great!

Even though we have a new singer for this opening, I think it suits Index really well
Oct 13, 2018 5:06 AM

Jul 2016
Such revealing clothes of Itsuwa, and ofcourse she's cute.

Aqua's guillotine powers looks badass, seems like Touma will fight more Right Seat of God later.

Glad to see Styl and Agnese again, I wonder if they'll show a fight later in this series.
Oct 13, 2018 7:20 AM

Mar 2012
I loved the old sfx of Imagine Breaker... I already miss it. I don't know if I'm biased but it feels like it suits it more than this racing F1 sound. =3=
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.