Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 15, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those adorable platelets are back again :D

Looks like the episode deals with heat stroke. Not good considering how it affects almost everyone in the body. Heat stroke is scary honestly and it seems the cells in the body has trouble dealng with it.

Pretty thrilling episode if you ask me. It's great they got the water going though in the end!
Sep 15, 2018 9:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Heat stroke being shown as global warming pretty creative. Talk about taking advantage of the terrain though Bacillus sure is crafty. Environments that are hot and dark are perfect for it. WB cell really is at a disadvantage here. The sweat captain praying for rain sure was funny though. But to think that this created a miracle in though. After that heat its nice to see the cells cool off.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2018 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
After seeing that bacterium being a smug asshole through the episode, his death was really satisfying.

That is NOT a face of mercy.

The platelets were adorable as always. Poor things tried too hard. Fortunately, Neutrophil-kun was here to help them! Such a great cell.

Thank God they are going to go with the hypovolemic shock as the season finale. It's the perfect stopping point for this season. Two episodes left... Going to miss this.
Sep 15, 2018 10:52 AM

May 2015
Seems like you can't underestimate a heat stroke.
Sep 15, 2018 11:07 AM

Dec 2014
Heat Stroke this time around.

Was that tube in the air supposed to the equivalent of getting put on IV? xD
Sep 15, 2018 11:20 AM

Jun 2015
When that cell started praying for rain this was the best!

I know I have to cool my body but it's so hard in this hot like hell country and mom keeps turning the ceiling fan speed down. It's the only way to cool down in summer T-T
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 15, 2018 11:52 AM

Dec 2016
The guilty face of that bacteria XD Sorry pal, but you are NOT going to win!

After watching this episode, it made me feel bad and that I've made my cells worry many times before in my childhood... dizziness, fainting... those are the symptoms I experienced the most when I was young and it was not exactly related to Heat Stroke... having diarrea and vomiting are the worst feelings ever and I had one not too long ago... need to stay Hydrated for the sake of my hard working cells º\(>o<)/º

Great episode like always! Those adorable Platelets <3
PurpleGirl203Sep 15, 2018 11:55 AM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 15, 2018 12:13 PM

Mar 2018
Funny episode, cute platelets always made my day
Sep 15, 2018 1:12 PM

Apr 2018
The more I look at this anime, the more I feel guilty to all my cells that works inside of my every single day while I'm an "always ill" person.
I get heatstrokes really easily and seeing how they're suffering (like me) makes me sad... I don't want to hurt you, my cells (੭ ˃̣̣̥ ㅂ˂̣̣̥)੭ु

Sep 15, 2018 1:36 PM

Sep 2011
Oh, this one was good, with all of those RBCs taking off their shirts, I mean, the heatstroke is a fearsome condition indeed, the cells were powerless against it by themselves, so even I was relieved when that cell's prayer reached the "heavens", and someone finally helped the poor owner of this body to cool it down. xD And now the next episode is going to be beginning of the end, and I have a feeling this is going to be good!
Sep 15, 2018 1:47 PM

Sep 2017
When I thought deus ex machina is something all writers must avoide... Hell, it fits so well in this anime.
Sep 15, 2018 2:04 PM

Jan 2018
The episode whas great, so far i am really enjoying this show.
Too bad that there is only 2 episodes left ;-;
Sep 15, 2018 2:05 PM

Jan 2018
This is the most skin we are going to see in this anime
Sep 15, 2018 2:29 PM

Jun 2014
Platelets are life.
Sep 15, 2018 2:38 PM

Jan 2016
I'm so glad the God has answered the moaning of His people and sent water and manna to the Jews in the desert
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Sep 15, 2018 2:59 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Neutrophil/WBC is getting a lot of beatings lately
Poor lad
Oh well at least he got to take out his frustration/anger in the end

Sep 15, 2018 4:52 PM

Nov 2016
Another interesting episode, this show surely knows how to keep one entertained.

Translators made a mistake, tho, it's infusion not transfusion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2018 5:20 PM

Jan 2017
This episode was much more thrilling than ep 10 especially because the platelets were suffering!

Sep 15, 2018 8:13 PM

Apr 2012
They should at least show the host body in relation to what's going to happen or what's happening.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 15, 2018 8:51 PM

Jul 2017
That was a solid episode. Focused on heat stroke this time, and it felt kinda different from its regular formula so I'll take that.
Sep 15, 2018 11:36 PM

Nov 2017
i like how 1146 averting his eyes when he met AE3803 that doesnt wear her red jacket....
Now Loading.....
Sep 15, 2018 11:57 PM

Jan 2013
That was a solid episode.
Platelets were especially adorable this time around.
Sep 16, 2018 12:42 AM

Jul 2017
Illyricus said:
After seeing that bacterium being a smug asshole through the episode, his death was really satisfying.

That is NOT a face of mercy.

The platelets were adorable as always. Poor things tried too hard. Fortunately, Neutrophil-kun was here to help them! Such a great cell.

Thank God they are going to go with the hypovolemic shock as the season finale. It's the perfect stopping point for this season. Two episodes left... Going to miss this.

Fun episode...teaches us not to take heat stroke lightly.

The cell praying for rain and the bacterium cowering in fear are funny and best moments of the episode.
Sep 16, 2018 2:04 AM

Jun 2013
Just earlier this summer, Japan faced an alarming heat wave that was over 40 degrees Celsius or over 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Several people died, including a few kids, I believe. I also suffered from heat stroke twice in my life and I literally fainted. I experienced it once in Anaheim, L.A. when we went to a swap meet and in the Philippines while I was walking outside. I seriously thought I was going to die. I felt immensely better and regained consciousness when they put me in an air-conditioned car and clinic. I can imagine what this body in Hataraku Saibou is going through. It's fucking scary to go through a heat stroke. I sweat a lot though so it rarely happens, I've only experienced it twice after all.

I'm happy to see more cute moments with the Platelets. Honestly, I can go through several episodes with just them, I need cuteness overload ever since Gakuen Babysitters ended.

I laughed so hard when I saw that needle/injection. We rarely see medicine, the last time we saw one was the steroid during allergy season. This wasn't medicine though, more like a supplement or replenishing IV with vitamins. I've had it a couple times before. Some girls in Asia do it to make their skin whiter. The captain dancing for rain was pretty funny too.

I thought these scenes were adorable, especially the two platelets hugging Neutrophil's leg because they were scared:

臭い-
Sep 16, 2018 3:29 AM

Mar 2016
I always wanted to know what externally introduced medication would look like in this world. I finally get to see it. Yay!!

The background RBCs were really funny to watch this episode. One hot one was shirtless, and a random one was stripped down to his boxers. A cute RBC was getting ready t strip off her shirt too.

The end was so satisfying. The bacteria's face was hilarious.

Now, I finally know what happens when humans in this world faint.

I learnt what is exactly happening when I am dizzy.

The rain ritual made me laugh so hard because I knew it was time for a deus ex machina. This is the only anime, I can think of, that can get away with a deus ex machina.
Sep 16, 2018 3:37 AM

Feb 2014
Oh boy, that bacterium was hyper smug, with the body suffering from heat stroke and all of the cells were struggling in the increasing heat, especially our favourite WBC, U1146.

Thankfully, the cells' prayers (including the amusing captain that reverted to tribal water dancing XD) were answered with the infusion of IV's, that helped the body recover. The best part of the episode was when U1146 finally got the chance to take down that smug bastard bacteria once and for all. His face shows NO mercy! =D

Plus, this episode also had a little bit of fanservice with the red blood cells removing their jackets and some going further to remove their t-shirts as well. I think that's as much fanservice as we're going to get with this show and I'm fine with that. =)

Great episode overall and next time looks to be a two-parter for the final two episodes. looking forward to it!
Sep 16, 2018 5:12 AM

Apr 2018
Creative episode but I think it suffered from budget restrains.

I was just waiting for that bacteria to die, so satisfying!
Sep 16, 2018 5:26 AM
Nov 2015
The episode whas great, Every episode was so epic... it is only 2 episodes left ;-; we don't wanna
Sep 16, 2018 6:30 AM

Mar 2018
I wonder if they'll ever show the outside world? Like maybe make an episode about the eye?
Sep 16, 2018 6:51 AM

Dec 2013
I felt hot just watching this episode...
Sep 16, 2018 7:37 AM

Jul 2016
That felt like an end of the world/body episode. Of all the introduced bacteria, that Cereus is one annoying, though that make sense by using the state of the body in his advantage and escape. Glad that WBC showing his no mercy look, and killed him. So satisfying.

So the body world was save from heatstroke global warming with the transfusion of IV fluid miracle rain.

Two episodes left and its about Hemorrhagic shock. And this one looks deadly.
Sep 16, 2018 9:18 AM
Apr 2018
So, I looked up "hypovolemic shock" and it basically means "loss of blood". Something terrible will happen to our heroes... Please, don't make me cry
Sep 16, 2018 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
Though episode! I laughed so much when that needle appeared xD
I don't like the name of the next episode... But i hope they will always find a way to solve the problem.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 16, 2018 11:07 AM

Aug 2018
Stay hydrated, folks. Dehydration is no joke. That's for sure.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 16, 2018 11:23 AM

Apr 2015
Mom: *knocks on door* CatSoul you haven't been outside in two weeks
Me: *rubbing ice on body with fan blasting* I HAVE TO PROTECT MY LOLI PLATELETS FROM HEAT STROKE
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 16, 2018 2:03 PM
May 2018
Very Funny. Lmao.
Sep 16, 2018 3:44 PM

Sep 2014
Dehydration sure is scary wew.
Can never have enough of cute platelets.

WBC getting revenge in the end on that germ was great hah.
Hemorrhagic shock next week eh...this can't be good...
Sep 16, 2018 4:32 PM

Oct 2015
Heat stroke is real people, you gotta cool down as much as possible or else.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 16, 2018 8:34 PM

Sep 2015
Man this episode really brutalized the white blood cell. Really like this episode, while informative, there might be a bit too much exposition this episode.
First time in the series where the body doesn't overcome the problem by itself.
Sep 17, 2018 3:15 AM

Apr 2012
This episode missed an opportunity for some light fanservice. After the arrival of needed fluids through the syringe and everything was cooling down they should've made everyone change into their swimwear and started enjoying the water all around them like they would going to the beach.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Sep 17, 2018 7:43 AM

Apr 2017
Really nice episode, and we got to see many platelets again, which made me very happy. It was much needed after such platelet-less episodes. Heat stroke sure is scary though. Fortunately it is usually not that hard to prevent, at least where I live. Bacteria's face at the end was really funny though. He got his deserved ending after WBC recovered.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Sep 17, 2018 9:40 AM

Mar 2017
lmao after watching this episode.
I suddenly got motivated to drink 8 glasses of water everyday lmao

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Sep 17, 2018 8:10 PM

Jul 2016
I don't want to see any other Platelet suffering anymore >.<

Excellent episode, quite informative and since I've never suffered from heat stroke, this episode showed me that it's indeed a serious problem.

So the finale will be divided in two episodes and it'll basically be focused on "blood loss"... I don't know what to think, I hope it's not so dramatic... RBC may have a hard time next week.
Sep 17, 2018 9:18 PM

Nov 2014
I remember getting an IV drip once for having a pretty bad fever and vomiting. The flow of cool saline water into my fevered burning arm was the most amazing feeling ever.The best was when it was set to max flow when my fever subsided, right before I was discharged.

Seeing the cells feeling absolutely refreshed when the tube from the sky started releasing water kinda reminded me of that feeling.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Sep 19, 2018 3:37 AM
Jun 2017
Another BEAUTIFUL AND GREAT EPISODE- this time it deals about how the body responds to excessive temperature.

This time RBC, WBC and those cute paltelets are involved. I just love they have shown how the body reacts to such condition plus some signs and symptoms... hahaha... and that IV Fluid (or PNSS)... hahaha...

Just look at those cells when the IV fluid runs through their body. Hahaha...

Ohh 2 more CUTE AND INFORMATIVE EPISODE remaining and this time its all about hemorrhagic shock... im so excited about this one...
Sep 19, 2018 8:05 AM

Dec 2014
well a heatstroke this time... to think our everyday occurrence cause his much chaos for cells at work
Sep 19, 2018 8:11 AM

Dec 2016
The antigen in this episode was annoying as fuck!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 20, 2018 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
thankfully this episode was better than the last episode(which felt original content and must be skip!) and this time had some interesting amusing moments. I think they could have handle the villain more edgy and the situation more chaotic. But still anyway, never did experienced this heat stroke but watching this episode could make me imagine how it affects our body.. must drink more H2O!
Sep 21, 2018 10:50 PM

May 2015
Heat stroke? Man what happened to this person to have to get a transfusion? I guess he/she was getting sent to the hospital or something because of dehydration...

And there sure was a lot of "blood" coming out of Bacillus Cereus. WBC chopped him up good.
Sep 25, 2018 11:49 AM

Sep 2018
Interesting this excursus on problems related to excessive heat, a very frequent event given the superficiality with which it is often treated. Funny characters too this time. The best scene of the whole episode is when the Leukocyte manages to catch the germ. X°°D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 16, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2018

81 by Seraschi »»
Apr 16, 1:57 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

82 by Mario_M_001 »»
Apr 14, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

91 by Seraschi »»
Apr 8, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2018

88 by Seraschi »»
Apr 7, 3:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.