Hi, I'm CatSoul! I'm seventeen and reside in the United States of Murrica America.
I've been into anime for six years and the amount I've watched is sad because of the amount of time I spend doing absolutely nothing.
I suffer from chronic "start anime and don't finish them" syndrome. As well as chronic Writer's Block. One day there will be a cure...
I'm also a fan of Western animation, some board/video games, visual novels, and reading in general.
I like to watch particularly bad anime at times because I dunno, I'm a masochist or something, so if you've got any recommendations don't be afraid to share! 2019, new year, new me, only watching good shit.
Top 10 Anime Movies:
10. Kizumonogatari trilogy 9. Kimi no Na wa. (Your Name.) 8. Perfect Blue 7. Tokyo Godfathers 6. Mononoke Hime (Princess Mononoke) 5. Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away) 4. Gake no Ue no Ponyo (Ponyo) 3. Mind Game 2. Tonari no Totoro (My Neighbor Totoro) 1. Summer Wars
Give short series a chance! My personal recommendations: Bananya, Nyanko Days, Nyanpire the Animation, Ojisan to Marshmallow, Pingu in the City, Tonari no Seki-kun, Uchuu Patrol Luluco
Currently airing Western animation you should watch: DuckTales, The Loud House, Rick and Morty, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, We Bare Bears
Holo is best waifu, though I got some funny feelings from Tsuyu in Boku no Hero Academia. Both the girls I'm into are half-animal because I'm trash.
One Punch Man was good, but not amazing.
Pupa is not the worst anime ever made.
I absolutely hate Aniplex of America. Overpriced shit that's magically worth it because postcards, stealing titles from FUNimation who actually is rational with the North American market.
An anime being boring is one of the worst possible things. Bad animation, schlocky storytelling, being sexist/offensive, whatever other issues people have, I consider very miniscule compared to the sin of just being plain boring.
100th completed anime: Bikini Warriors (Not the best choice for my 100th completed anime...) 200th completed anime: FLCL Progressive (my 300th completed better be great...) 1,000th episode: Ro-Kyu-Bu! episode 3 2,000th episode: Aggretsuko (Netflix ONA) episode 9 3,000th episode: Re:Zero episode 3 First TV-MA anime: Oh! Edo Rocket, age 11 First anime rented from a video store: 5 Centimeters Per Second First anime purchased: Ponyo First anime I have memories of watching: One of the Naruto movies on Cartoon Network First anime movie seen in theaters: Kaze Tachinu (The Wind Rises) Best deal I've gotten: Girls und Panzer complete series for $5 (retail price $59.98)
Guilty pleasures: Monster Musume (legitimately interesting concept and great comedy that just so happens to be in a show about sexy monster girls Papi is best girl), fetish-pandering anime (as long as they're my fetishes), HuniePop, Crush Crush, pumpkin spice everything, unboxing videos, stupid online quizzes.
• 100% of anime fans die
• I am the poster child for everything you shouldn't do with your life
• Almost everyone in my life associates me with anime and it makes me mildly uncomfortable
• I've fallen in love with a wolf goddess I'll never actually meet or have an actual conversation with
• Unless you're watching currently airing stuff, anime is the loneliest hobby next to masturbation
• When people in real life ask you what you've watched lately/what you would recommend and spaghetti drops from your pants because all you watch is anime
• The industry is going to be taken over by actual Chinese cartoons at some point
• Pearl Harbor
• Avatar: The Last Airbender isn't anime yet it's better than most anime
• MAL won't put the music video for Break the Ice by Britney Spears in the database
• KyoAni won't do hentai