Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 1 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is pretty interesting.

The setting gives an atmospheric feel and has a lot of potential for world building. We are introduced to Willem and Kutori pretty early in this episode. Kutori is a kind girl imo despite being a little strange.

The Leprechauns seem like characters that can be interesting to know about more.

Technical wise, it has smooth animation but the music is what stands out the most so far. There's is some mild comedy but for most parts, I think the show maintains a melancholic feel for storytelling so far. Good start.

Apr 11, 2017 8:02 AM
Dec 2011
Well episode 1 confirmed LN author actually know how to write anime script, which is good news.

Also there is post credit scene, don't forget it, because it's pretty important.
Apr 11, 2017 8:08 AM

Mar 2016
D-Joe said:
Well episode 1 confirmed LN author actually know how to write anime script, which is good news.

Also there is post credit scene, don't forget it, because it's pretty important.

So Can we safely say AOTS ?
Apr 11, 2017 8:11 AM

Apr 2015
I guess this is a very good example of when the author being included in the anime's production can turn out really great! As a recent reader myself I could see Kareno-sensei's influence on the series composition and script and it seems to mash very well with the director's vision and the storyboard.

Well what can I want more? Fluent character animation, stunning art coupled with a musical chord that gives you a sense of fantasy but yet holds a melancholic tone to it, Willem who is depicted just as great of a male lead as in the novels and a really good pacing. I hope this can hold up but as of now I'm throughly satisfied :)
Apr 11, 2017 9:02 AM

Mar 2009
The first scene, maybe we will go up to that point and get a second season eventually? Now I'm actually hyped.

Other than that, I really like the pacing and the script of the episode, even if I had my fears with Wara Junichi being the director the rest of the staff being more experienced is probably giving him a hand. So far so good, now I just want the next week to come...
Apr 11, 2017 9:05 AM

May 2013
the pace is alright. prolog and ch 1 from I remember.

and quite interesting how in this anime human mc being hated by animal, and in zero the tigerman being hated by human.

the kids are cute and willeam pretty easygoing with them too.
Apr 11, 2017 9:10 AM

Mar 2016
NeverSleep said:
The first scene, maybe we will go up to that point and get a second season eventually? Now I'm actually hyped.

Other than that, I really like the pacing and the script of the episode, even if I had my fears with Wara Junichi being the director the rest of the staff being more experienced is probably giving him a hand. So far so good, now I just want the next week to come...

That first scene ;-;
They had to do it. I literally almost cried .
Apr 11, 2017 9:10 AM

Apr 2013
Oy oy, starting with that scene, those words and that song is completely against the rules, damn it. Is that an attempt to make cry the novel readers in the first 30sec or what~.

Damn, the insert songs are good. So they are using the Scarborough Fair song already, nice.

Gulick the nice guy, I like that character <3.

Panival o/
Hah, everything is written in French in the anime, interesting. There's problem with the spelling/grammar here and there tho :D.

The interaction Naigrat/Wilhelm are nicely done, good job to the seiyuu here.

It's the 4 chibitachi o/. Lol in the anime they're doing it twice? I don't mind at all x).

Compared to the insert song, the ending feels almost disappointing. It's not really, but the direct comparison makes it look almost out of place.
Ah, so the prologue of the novel is put after the ending, all right.

Very nice start of the adaptation overall, 5/5 for me.
you're doing great, Satelight.
Apr 11, 2017 9:25 AM
Aug 2014
Still waiting on seeing this, im hyped.

30 mins later:

Pacing for the introduction sequence until the conversation about getting a job for the military was pretty quick but I get why you'd need to squeeze that it. Everything else felt pretty natural.

I love that we've already gotten a sense of every personality involved not feeling forced or anything of that sort.

Mod Edit: asking for link removed
BrandonApr 11, 2017 11:55 AM
Apr 11, 2017 9:27 AM

Oct 2010
WHOAH

The frog woman on my desk IS NOW AN ANIME FIGURINE!?

Ha. Life is wonderful. Anime is wonderful. SukaSuka is wonderful.

@Natetheegraet CR guest pass incoming
Apr 11, 2017 9:37 AM

Mar 2016
As an LN Reader, I'm satisfied.
Fine pacing and good character interactions. Has a lighthearted vibe, but you can feel the melancholic atmosphere beneath it. Willem's interaction with the Troll are just as I imagined them lol.
The little girls are just as adorable. Pannibal is the best girl after Chtolly (or Kutori).
The opening scene is from volume 3 ending, curious choice they'd go with that. It adds to the non-linearity of the story.
Take care of them well Willem!
Shishou_23Apr 12, 2017 9:44 AM
Apr 11, 2017 9:53 AM

Jul 2014
This was pretty interesting as far as first episodes go, simple enough but also interesting enough to make me wonder what's to come. At least, everything is looking very promising so far, and I'm particularly intrigued to find out more about the context of that very first scene.

ED is great, but the background vocal tracks used throughout the episode were all outstanding as well.
Apr 11, 2017 9:59 AM

Dec 2015
Not only is he over 500 years old, but also the last human? I liked the first song as well, I'm general the first episode has left me curious about almost everything xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 11, 2017 10:01 AM

Oct 2012
That was nice. I really like everything so far - characters, ost, atmosphere. My favorite first ep of this season.
Never read the LN and that first scene was sad already.

Feb 2017
This is interesting, I want to see more about the girls and what exactly happened. Love the atmosphere

Mar 2013
Damn, that Scarborough Fair insert song.

Nice episode indeed.
Apr 11, 2017 10:03 AM

Jun 2015
This was well paced. From the looks of it, this would'n't be a rushed job. I'm completely satisfied.

With luck this would be AOTS (barring sequels)
Apr 11, 2017 10:03 AM
Feb 2008
I guess that first minute was made for one reason, to give LN readers a huge blow.
I really like it. The music is really outstanding.
This is going to be about feelings, I knew it, because of LN, but I didn´t expect that it will be this good anime start. Good job.
Apr 11, 2017 10:10 AM

May 2015
liked the ost hmm nothing piqued my interest to get hyped as for now
Apr 11, 2017 10:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Oh yes, this is definitely my favourite first episode.

I had to rejoice when they actualled played Scarborough Fair from the live action PV, that was amazing. I love the atmosphere of the show, really mellow yet there's just something that is up.

Willem is a nice MC, pretty much confirmed already that he lost his whole family...They'll keep showing flashbacks, i'm pretty certain and it's a good choice.
Kotori is adorable. I'm looking forward to what her story is.

The after-credits scene was a big hit, i knew it already from reading the synopsis but damn. They didn't lay all the cards on the table for Willem which was good, too.

Fantastic start.
Apr 11, 2017 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
That art and animation! Totally unexpected. It looks stunning! And I love the character design. It doesn't look like series from 2017 at all. Beautiful.
I don't know the source material, but it looks interesting. Atmosphere is surely great. Not mentioning about voice acting.
Soundtrack is kinda similar to that one in Nier:Automata. Especially that vocal song.
Probably the best start of the season.
rsc-plApr 11, 2017 10:39 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 11, 2017 10:15 AM

Oct 2012
I was not expecting to hear Scarborough Fair, loved that whole part so much! I've been looking forward to this show for awhile and it did not disappoint.
Apr 11, 2017 10:19 AM

Dec 2014
Good start so far.

Liking the atmosphere and the light-hearted vibe the show gives off and I assume it'll get a family-centric in the future? At least I hope it does. There's also that poignant feel that's present beneath everything which is also really nice.

World is quite interesting and the insert in the beginning was great.

Characters seem really fun so far, Wilem's interactions with the troll were great, Kutori as well. (I wonder why the translations spelled it Chtholly)

The post credit scene was just sad, it's clear that Wilem lost everyone. I think I'll probably tear up when they actually show it.
Apr 11, 2017 10:21 AM

Mar 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Good start so far.

Liking the atmosphere and the light-hearted vibe the show gives off and I assume it'll get a family-centric in the future? At least I hope it does. There's also that poignant feel that's present beneath everything which is also really nice.

World is quite interesting and the insert in the beginning was great.

Characters seem really fun so far, Wilem's interactions with the troll were great, Kutori as well. (I wonder why the translations spelled it Chtholly)

The post credit scene was just sad, it's clear that Wilem lost everyone. I think I'll probably tear up when they actually show it.

It is Chtholly. Most LN readers go by the translations that say Kutori, and the Troll Naigrat.
Apr 11, 2017 10:23 AM

Aug 2013
Definitely will watch this. I'm just too curious about everything. The music is great and the animation is outstanding.

The ending was really sad.

Apr 11, 2017 10:24 AM

Aug 2012
It's not everyday a show stays so true to the atmosphere displayed in its pv, it turned out to be a perfect representation of what the show feels like, which is just downright special. You know it's good when you're not a LN reader and you can tell it's shaping up to be a wonderful adaptation.

Kutori was really fun, her and Willem were very well characterized from the get-go. And the girls are of course adorable.

That opening scene though, ohh boy. This is gonna be good.

As far as I've seen there hasn't been any confirmation or bd listings for one cour, has there? Is a full adaptation not a good possibility? Especially considering the opening scene.
Apr 11, 2017 10:29 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Not sure where it'll actually end up going story-wise but at least the setting is interesting. Love the music too. Not sold on the characters yet though but hopefully that'll change
Apr 11, 2017 10:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That post credits scene raised a lot of questions for me....How is this guy still alive?!?!? And that really fucking sucks how humans got wiped out and he never fulfilled his promise to that girl :(

The lighthearted yet melancholic tone of this series is GREAT and its showcased from beginning to end (I loved that insert song in the beginning too, it was VERY fitting) in such a distinct way....And when you realize why this is the case, it makes things so sad :(

It's gonna take me a LONG TIME to remember these character names but I will say that so far I love what I saw from them all and I can't wait to get to know everyone better as well as see what direction this show will go in as well as learning more about the world and the past

The beginning of this episode scares me though.....I just know that this series will make me cry like a bitch lol
Apr 11, 2017 10:35 AM

Jun 2013
Very nice start so far in my opinion
I have a feeling that this is going to be incredibly sad though.
Apr 11, 2017 10:37 AM

May 2015
Someone asked me to watch this show for him and give my thoughts
To be honest I had not infos on the story, just saw the MAL cover who gave me as expectations a Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi like
Like the blue haired girl will grab all these cute lolis on her journey in some post apocalyptic world.

Well in fact it seems that story isn't really about that at all...

The introduction scene was great, learnt that furries seems to have and rules humans (well it's kinda stated in the synopsis but didn't read it before), both character tag along pretty naturally and the upcoming sequence offer us a nice insert song and some nice wallpapers material.

After that I thought she was going to the death row but seems not, hope we got to know what happend there later.
I'll pass on the part with the job proposal, find that the pace is satisfying nothing more to say.

I guess that the red haired girl will to eat the MC gonna be a sort of running gag, I hope it won't get sprayed everywhere, else it'll just become like Darkness masochism, pointless and not funny anymore.

The lolis were well introduced, all seems to be curious and each have its own mindset, sure it'll bring some joy and rhythm in the next episodes.
I expected that the blue haired girl would've bring back " I asked you to forget me " at least one time but it seems not, maybe later.

There is an important scene after the ending, found out the girl to be cake-zoned after her proposal was kind of funny, I hope we get to know what happend in this final battle and how this guy survived 500 years

Tokoya said:
That post credits scene raised a lot of questions for me....How is this guy still alive?!?!?

Same question as yours, synopsis mention that " he awaken from an 500 years icy slump " so idk, kind of cryogenics maybe

It'll surely being answered later tho
ImbalancedApr 11, 2017 10:41 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2017 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
dat after credit
>526years ago
WAT
but how.. he looks like a young man..

anyway, great 1st episode
I always like these kind of fantasy setting
Apr 11, 2017 10:54 AM

Sep 2012
I was kind of expecting something different... The start made me think it'd be a good drama, but then the guy is living with a bunch of lolis, what?
I really hope the anime gets again the melancholic feel it had its first 5 minutes.

I guess I'll just go by "the green haired child" and stuff, I won't even bother to try memorize their names, except for the protagonists.
Apr 11, 2017 10:58 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty good first episode. The opening scene was epic. Music sounds nice. It's interesting humans were wiped out and Willem is the sole survivor. It's sad he didn't fulfill his promise to the girl. The furry people don't like humans. Characters are lovely. Willem is now the caretaker for the girls. The post-credit scene was sad.
Apr 11, 2017 10:58 AM

Nov 2013
What a great first episode... Probably my favourite one so far in this season.
They stayed really faithfull to the novel, despite some minor rearrangements and context left out, and the atmosphere and pacing portrayed were spot on. The OST was amazing too, but that was almost a given, since the PVs have hinted at that.
Needless to say that the first minute almost got me in the feels, even if I am not yet aware of the importance of those events. Anyway, I am looking forward to more! ^^
KaitonApr 11, 2017 11:02 AM

Apr 11, 2017 11:01 AM

May 2012
Well, I pretty much love it so far. Setting's nice, the characters are interesting, music is pleasant, and the story has gotten my interest so far.

This season has been pretty great to me with my love of fantasies or fantasy-like elements

Apr 11, 2017 11:01 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, why was this so enjoyable? I don't really get it either...

The Troll is my fav character so far

AlexTheRiot said:

As far as I've seen there hasn't been any confirmation or bd listings for one cour, has there? Is a full adaptation not a good possibility? Especially considering the opening scene.

Hasn't someone mentioned that the opening scene is from the 3rd volume of the LN? It's probably gonna end right there, so 3 volumes = 12 episodes
XenocrisiApr 11, 2017 11:12 AM
Apr 11, 2017 11:12 AM

Sep 2013
this looks promising. the soundtrack from the first half of this episode (an OP perhaps?) was great in my opinion.

got a feeling it's going to be a feel trip style story (i hope it's wrong)

also male MC was called "Otōsan" or Pops/Father in the translation. it seems he was a "Father" of an orphanage based on his little flashback + the last few minute scene.
or maybe he's a Father at a church which also has an orphanage
CaltsioApr 11, 2017 11:21 AM
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Apr 11, 2017 11:14 AM

Apr 2015
This blue haired girl is soo cute.

HNGG

I really loved the OP. Please link me the OP if you can find it.

Also this Loli is amazing XD
Purple-ish haired one
Apr 11, 2017 11:15 AM

Sep 2013
Comfy start to fool you for the tragedy and feels :(
Apr 11, 2017 11:17 AM
Jul 2015
lol X-men school except not really xmen
Apr 11, 2017 11:18 AM

Aug 2012
Xenocrisi said:

AlexTheRiot said:

Hasn't someone mentioned that the opening scene is from the 3rd volume of the LN? It's probably gonna end right there, so 3 volumes = 12 episodes
Yeah that would make more sense in theory, but I wouldn't count out the possibility of that scene being the first cour finale. And the talk about one cour had started before the episode aired, which is why I ask.
Apr 11, 2017 11:20 AM

Jul 2007
This feels like they are covering first three novels, going by pacing here. Hopefully it sells well enough to cover the last two.

Great adaptation so far. I just hope this show will get the exposure it deserves and does not become another Rokka - where it is hella popular in the west and ignored in japan.
Apr 11, 2017 11:24 AM

Mar 2016
AlexTheRiot said:
Xenocrisi said:

Yeah that would make more sense in theory, but I wouldn't count out the possibility of that scene being the first cour finale. And the talk about one cour had started before the episode aired, which is why I ask.

If the that scene is the finale, then they might be adapting the first 3 volumes only (which fits well in one cour). Still, Can't say for sure if they want to end there or not. Adapting 5 volumes seems to make it a little rushed. This episode in itself was a bit fast in some places, but overall quite a fine pacing I'd say. They knew which stuff to go over quickly.
Shishou_23Apr 11, 2017 11:29 AM
Apr 11, 2017 11:25 AM

Dec 2013
The premise seems pretty good, and with the lack of other humans, I'm somehow getting an LOTR vibe from this show, specially with all that lack of tension (I discount the opening scene because that was probably end game, and all the girls looked much much older by then...)

The characters were quite intriguing. I'm looking forward to seeing that dragon-headed dude from the ED.

Definitely has that tragic undertone to it. Plus, to start off with Scarborough Fair. Hauntingly beautiful.
Sign me up! I'm a fan already.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 11, 2017 11:28 AM

Jan 2014
Welp I'm ready for the feel...Bring it on!!!
Apr 11, 2017 11:29 AM

Jul 2007
DragonSlayer_19 said:
This episode in itself was a bit fast in some places, but overall quite a fine pacing I'd say. They knew which stuff to go over quickly.

Unless they REALLY speed up by next episode they can't cover 5 volumes with this pacing.
Apr 11, 2017 11:30 AM

Nov 2013
I see many LN Readers here.
As someone who watch this without read it first, can I assume that the first scene of the episode is the climax of the story?

------
I just realized that the author is also the writer in this show. What a total living in the dream of every LN Author's mind.
GethemalotApr 11, 2017 11:33 AM
Apr 11, 2017 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
I'm looking forward to seeing that dragon-headed dude from the ED.

Look back at the scene when several peoples comes for Kutori (when they are on the top of the tower with the beautiful scenery). You technically already met him :).
Apr 11, 2017 11:34 AM

Oct 2015
DragonSlayer_19 said:
D-Joe said:

So Can we safely say AOTS ?
AOTS for me ATM is Sakura Quest, but this seems promising as well. To me it's Sakura Quest cuz I know the team working on it will do a great job right off the bat, but idk anything about this series so I'll just have to go with the flow :)
Apr 11, 2017 11:35 AM

Apr 2013
Nexxkinn said:
I see many LN Readers here.
As someone who watch this without read it first, can I assume that the first scene of the episode is the climax of the story?

------
I just realized that the author is also the writer in this show. What a total living in the dream of every LN Author's mind.

Yeah, that's very rare. That first scene is a climax scene, yes. Wouldn't say "the", because it's not the only one.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

459 by Zefyris »»
Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.