Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Descending Stories
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 19, 2016 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting episode especially about Kiku's progress as a man.

I feel like he and Hatsutaro has a complicated but close relationship especially in this episode.
Miyokichi's relationship with Kiku felt more emotional than I had expected. I love the choice of music they used to make it more melancholic. Kiku's character is really becoming more complicated..
Feb 19, 2016 9:50 AM

Nov 2007
Both guys are charming the audiences, and the teacher heard it through the radio, too. He is happy. Their complaints got heard by the owner and main guy got scolded instead (his friend running away as always). The lady looks different with her hair down. Ear stick to relax the friend is clever. lol @ two people stealing the main guy.

The teacher is inviting the main guy for a long travel this time. The lady is serious about the main guy that she's crying. Thinking about next step: two men show. Wow @ main guy's evil smile (looks like a fox) in this ep...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 19, 2016 1:50 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kiku, you heartless bastard! How dare you make Miyokichi cry? It's understandable that he wants to prioritize Rakugo before anything else, but it couldn't have hurt to comfort her a bit there. >.>

It's possible that he's afraid of getting attached romantically, which may hinder his momentum as a promising performer.

Feb 19, 2016 1:54 PM

Aug 2010
Poor Miyokichi ;_; WTF Bon? :/

That's not nice. I get ur busy and all but at least don't ignore her completely like that.

Her wanting a lap pillow was cute.

But I'm already starting to see why she'll end up with Shin more now. Bon is f***ing it up. How could u ignore such a cute girl. Nxt ep seems like it might start.

Really happy for Bon getting more recognition tho
Feb 19, 2016 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
It was another good episode.

Kiku made Miyokichi cry!
Feb 19, 2016 2:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
When Miyokichi first showed up I thought she was the kind of character who would always have the upper hand. It's interesting to see how the story has progressed into her being head over heels with Kiku and him really not caring too much.

The way its lining up, Kiku will be gone for a while, she'll be lonely and Hatsu will be there to comfort her. And then it will get dramatic.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 19, 2016 2:09 PM

Nov 2012
I am the only one who realizes that Kiku and Miyokichi could never be together? Miyokichi is a geisha. I know it was possible to buy out geishas and marry them, but that is hardly gonna happen. Well, at least Shin could learn what a woman with class looks like. :)
☩☩☩ MALoween 2023 ☩☩☩

x14
Feb 19, 2016 2:58 PM

Aug 2015
Really feel bad for Miyokichi. I can see her falling for Hatsu while Kiku is gone on that tour......
Feb 19, 2016 3:01 PM

Sep 2014
I still don't even find Miyokichi to be that likeable, I don't dislike her, but still.
Feb 19, 2016 3:09 PM

Oct 2012
Everything I expected to happen never did happen in this show.
It was great to see Kiku's development but I really felt bad for Miyokichi in this episode.
Feb 19, 2016 3:18 PM

Nov 2014
Ugh... I hated how cold Kiku was to Miyokichi. If he doesn't have any interest in her, and only cares about his rakugo, he should just break up with her rather than lead her on.

Good episode, but I didn't enjoy it.
Feb 19, 2016 3:18 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Damn I feel really bad for Miyokichi :(
Feb 19, 2016 3:20 PM

Jul 2015
Kiku-san, you fucked up dude.
Feb 19, 2016 3:23 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Poor Miyokichi. Kiku you bastard!

5/5
Feb 19, 2016 3:37 PM

Dec 2014
Kiku was never into Miyokichi to begin with; she just came onto him rather unwelcomed. That said, I understand Kiku's perspective and really felt for Miyokichi for trying so hard yet getting no love in return.
I need sleep.
Feb 19, 2016 4:01 PM

Jan 2015
Love comes before work, remeber these words Kiku.
Feb 19, 2016 4:05 PM
Dec 2013
that was too cold Kiku, I want to like you man but i'm finding it hard to sympathise with you if you don't even let your lady know what's going on, let her go gently if you don't want her or Hatsu's gonna get her
Feb 19, 2016 4:24 PM

Dec 2010
And once again, I sympathize with Kiku. I can see why he wants to prioritize his career and his dreams over a woman. Yeah, he was too cold with her and I'm still not sure if he treated her that way not to get her hopes up, or because he was just too focused on his goal to the point of getting overly egoistic (but I think the second is the correct one), but I can understand his feelings because the whole matter touches me on a personal level. I think one of the reasons I'm liking this anime so much is that I feel Kiku somehow "close" to me.

Anyway, I'm waiting for some developement between Miyokichi and Shin next week.
AnnyFeb 19, 2016 4:28 PM
Feb 19, 2016 5:30 PM
Aug 2012
I'm disgusted at much westerner's inaccurate Japanese information.
Geisha is not prostitutes or call girl.
They are entertainers, and they are trained music and dancing.
Feb 19, 2016 5:35 PM
Mar 2015
Xenocrisi said:
Love comes before work, remeber these words Kiku.

Work never ends ... but love....

I guess kiku gonna kill his friend because of a argument about this woman ... we shall see ...
Feb 19, 2016 6:30 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, poor Miyokichi.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 19, 2016 7:09 PM

Jun 2012
Aw dammit Bon!

I know you feel regret over being left behind while Shin went on a rakugo tour but that is now how you leave things with Miyokichi!!! Your inferiority complex with Shin-san is going to chase her away to the very person you're trying to catch up to
Feb 19, 2016 7:35 PM

Jan 2012
Kind of a bitter episode this week. We had our usual bromance fluff, which was fine, but also Yakumo's pretty darn harsh rejection and neglect of Miyokichi in the second half. I don't know why he rejected her exactly , but I guess rakugo's his true love. Him not telling her, or even Shin, about that trip until the last minute was pretty darn cold too, but I guess it fits his personality. It was certainly sad to see Miyokichi suffer, begging fruitlessly for Yakumo to take her, and it looks like more suffering on her part next week, as Shin comes in after her. If they don't get together next week, it'll probably be while Yakumo's on that trip. So Yakumo clearly has no one to blame but himself for this lost potential romance. I wonder if he'll regret it after the fact, and how this might influence his also cold treatment of their daughter Konatsu in the present. A present which, by the way, feels less and less necessary/important the longer we stay in this past.
Feb 19, 2016 7:40 PM

Jan 2008
Kiku is somewhat attracted to Miyokichi but he was never into her romantically. That was all her, but for some reason a lot of the viewers just assumed it automatically extended to Kiku feeling the same.

We already saw (twice) how Kiku is when he's romantically interested in someone and he has not been that way with Miyokichi.
Feb 19, 2016 7:40 PM

Dec 2014
Bon is really cruel to women but I get how one can get distracted. It will be selfish of him When she left s and he feels sad
Feb 19, 2016 8:06 PM

Feb 2015
Less focus on performances. More of a buildup episode which makes sense since we're at the middle of the series. The bromance is always good. Miyokichi crying at the end. Kiku's finally found his rhythm in rakugo, so I think he's playing it safe by avoiding a more intimate relationship with Miyokichi.
Feb 19, 2016 8:33 PM

Jun 2014
I don't like how Kiku seems to be giving Miyokichi the cold shoulder but I can understand why he wants to prioritize his work over spending time with her. Still though, take a break just once to spend time with her, even if it's only for a little while. I have a feeling Kiku will regret neglecting Miyokichi in future episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 19, 2016 8:52 PM

Oct 2011
Kiky going off with master for a while. Then Shin and Miyochi will get together while he's gone OMG.
Feb 19, 2016 9:21 PM
Jan 2015
Even without the rakugos, this is a pretty episode in itself.

I don't know what to say at this point since every character in this show is developed to an extent that you understand their sentiments. There's Kiku who is chasing Shin chan's shadow, Shin-chan who knows nothing what to do else great except doing rakugo and that poor Miyokichi who is more or less the third wheel in their bromance.

I am waiting for the dreaded death of Shin-chan and how Miyokichi ultimately ended up with him.
Feb 19, 2016 9:34 PM

Apr 2015
I feel so bad to her..... GODDAMIT kiku stop being cold-hearted towards her! What an asshole
Feb 19, 2016 9:46 PM

Apr 2015
Sad to see her upset. :(

Kind of a depressing episode. Oh well. Excited to see what happens next with him leaving and all.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Feb 19, 2016 9:53 PM

Apr 2009
wasn't it explained that Miyokichi is kind of their Master's mistress considering he paid for all her expense back then and now recommending her to be a geisha apprentice? I could see why Bon avoiding her as of late after his Master asking how's Miyokichi doing and shrug it off as nothing immediately.

Kiku's too PC for his own good
Feb 19, 2016 11:29 PM

Oct 2014
Yeah it's been clear from the start that Kiku and Miyo isn't going to be an item but man how they narrate the story and mix the viewer's feelings is just the best. I just hope for Yotarou getting enough screen time knowing this show only has few episodes left lol.
"Whenever you fail at something, always remember that you won't fail as much as Usagi Drop did."
Feb 19, 2016 11:49 PM
Feb 2016
seems like Kiku-san was ready to accept Miyokichi's feeling but it would hinder his rakugo career. so sad T.T
Feb 20, 2016 12:42 AM

Aug 2008
Poor Miyokichi. Kiku should have spent more time with her.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 20, 2016 12:57 AM

May 2015
Wow! I just marathoned all 7 episodes. This is really good. Even without Rakugo in this episode, it played out very well. I just love how the characters are being developed. Still, why does Kiku have to not accept Miyokichi's love and only think of his career?...
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Feb 20, 2016 2:13 AM

Mar 2015
What I find the most pleasing about the show is that conflicts arise not from some fundamental good vs evil confrontation but just because different people have different personalities, goals and wishes that just happen not to be compatible between them.
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Feb 20, 2016 2:55 AM

Jan 2011
Darn it, I felt so bad seeing Miyokichi crying over Kiku pushing away her affection/feelings for him. Both of them are pretty busy which also sucks and it's even worse that Kiku is a very high demand rakugo performer now. The last scene with Miyokichi just waiting all night for Kiku and he never showed up was pretty sad. I really like the whole drama aspect of this show though.
5/5
Feb 20, 2016 3:03 AM

Aug 2015
This is why u still single , fck u kiku
Feb 20, 2016 4:07 AM
Jan 2015
Darn it. I just want to add that episode was really hard to watch. It felt like you are watching your one of your friend trying (and failing) to make her advances and be neglected. I have seen it in White Album 2 but the effect is amplified here since the characters are just that well developed.

... and no one's at fault in this case, well, if you vindicate Kukihiko's actions that is.
Feb 20, 2016 8:33 AM

Jul 2013
Well, that's a shitty situation to be in. For both sides.
Feb 20, 2016 10:32 AM

Feb 2012
Durarara said:
I still don't even find Miyokichi to be that likeable, I don't dislike her, but still.

I agree. Though I pity her situation, it doesn't bother me too with everything going on and Kiku's career.
Feb 20, 2016 12:33 PM

Oct 2008
Kiku is really cold with her, that has been bothering me for a while. I think he's an interesting character but really cold when it's not necessary.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Feb 20, 2016 12:48 PM

Apr 2014
ooh kiku ignoring her....:( i don´t like his behaviour
i see closer the triangle but maybe is not a triangle but yes a side change....
this is exciting
will kiku jealous if shin gets her??? or not...what about her frindship...well they seems a couple really
kiku has his charm but shin is interesting too
well kiku...i like men dressed as women XDXD like it<3 hahaha
Sunakko-ch4nFeb 20, 2016 12:55 PM
Feb 20, 2016 1:11 PM

Jun 2013
bitch don't come between two bros like that -_- and maybe he has no feeling for her and just wanna concentrate on his career
Feb 20, 2016 2:08 PM

Apr 2011
I think, I am the only one here who doesn't feel sad for her. Probably that's because I don't like her and know what happens next. I think Bon was cold to her but that's it. He is not a good person either, none in this flashback is, but at least Shin is entertaining.

Most of the episode was anime original. Next we gonna see what will happen with Shin and Miyo.

aikaflip said:
Ugh... I hated how cold Kiku was to Miyokichi. If he doesn't have any interest in her, and only cares about his rakugo, he should just break up with her rather than lead her on.

Good episode, but I didn't enjoy it.

They were never together to begin with, so there is no need of break up.
But I agree, he should have stopped her advances if he didn't want to. I guess he found comfort in someone to talk about his fears and insecurities about rakugo and she seemed eager to listen to him.

abecyo said:
I'm disgusted at much westerner's inaccurate Japanese information.
Geisha is not prostitutes or call girl.
They are entertainers, and they are trained music and dancing.

??? This is produced by Japan, where is Western element here?
And some geisha in the past, were prostitutes. But not all of them, just a minority and the lower 'class' of the geisha.

Kazuboredlife said:
This is why u still single , fck u kiku

What? He is the one with two confirmed relationships thus far. Shin spends his time in brothels. He's the one with no relationship (yet).
Feb 20, 2016 7:09 PM

Jan 2014
I really can't help but feel like there was something in that conversation with his Master that gave him all the more reason to avoid Miyokichi.

Anyway, brilliant episode, as usual.

AotS has been decided. Sorry BokuMachi fans.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2016 8:00 PM
Jan 2015
Fun fact: this episode is anime original. I didn't notice. Wow.
Feb 21, 2016 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
I feel sorry for Miyokichi... Kikuhiko can be so cold with her. I think he likes her, but it seems he avoids her a decent amount. I wonder if it's because he's scared of feeling something really strong for someone? Saying that he keeps his love for different women inside to the point of being lovesick... he just tries to avoid it? It's hurting Miyokichi, though... :(

Anyway, I'm really excited to see what happens on the tour.
Feb 21, 2016 11:14 AM

Jul 2010
Wtf Kiku? that's not the right way to treat a lady. Well interested to see where the story is going even more now he's going on tour too.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2016

262 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
Feb 14, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

110 by itsagibbousmoon »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:15 PM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

196 by Abdullla_aah »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

203 by Shikkakku »»
May 2, 2023 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

134 by Shikkakku »»
May 1, 2023 7:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.