Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 4, 2015 5:21 PM

Dec 2007
I am so sad. Of all the things to randomly change I understand Yumiko and Sachi's endings needed to be different but why Amane's? The pain I felt throughout this anime as someone who enjoyed reading the VN is so thick I could almost eat it seasoned with my tears.

Not the worst VN adaptation I have seen but it's in the top 5.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2015 7:37 PM

Jun 2014
Ketuekigami said:
I am so sad. Of all the things to randomly change I understand Yumiko and Sachi's endings needed to be different but why Amane's? The pain I felt throughout this anime as someone who enjoyed reading the VN is so thick I could almost eat it seasoned with my tears.

Not the worst VN adaptation I have seen but it's in the top 5.

oo im curious, what is your top 5 worst VN adaptation?
Feb 12, 2015 1:42 AM

Jun 2012
Considering they had to jam 50+ hours worth of content into 13 episodes, I'd say they did pretty damn well.

People are too picky.
Feb 12, 2015 4:17 AM

Jan 2014
zeldas12 said:
Considering they had to jam 50+ hours worth of content into 13 episodes, I'd say they did pretty damn well.

People are too picky.
Having 50+ingredients is no excuse if you cook a bad meal...
Feb 12, 2015 4:31 AM

Dec 2012
zeldas12 said:

People are too picky.

Yeah, I enjoyed it for the most part, because of I liked the characters and the voice cast and the last story had good pacing.
Feb 12, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2014
zeldas12 said:

People are too picky.

Or they just didn't adapt the thing we liked about it :P
Feb 21, 2015 7:27 AM
May 2012
Nice to see the stories behind the female characters, almost all of them being equally dramatic. Yuuji is still as epic as ever. Overall, pretty good for me. Can't wait for the sequel.

Amane best girl.

7/10
Mar 1, 2015 1:25 AM

Sep 2013
Not bad. Now waiting for the next season..two of them?
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 4, 2015 10:21 PM
Mar 2009
Feels like a more down-to-earth version of Full Metal Panic (main series, not Fumoffu).

Greatly enjoyable and sorta makes me want to play the VNs, if they are any....

8/10 overall for me, although it could easily be a 9.5. The animation and pacing picked up more towards the end, but I can't say it really has much re-watch value for me. Straightforwards and entertaining, though, worth every minute of watching the first time.
Mar 10, 2015 4:22 PM

Aug 2014
The last story about Amane was pretty good! :) Yuuji-kun made a shot 900 meters from that big lighthouse ;) I'm anxious to seeing next episodes will be coming soon on the websites. I just need to wait more one month, omg... X(
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 12, 2015 12:14 PM

Jan 2014
Hi, I have a question: Probably in Grisaya no Rakuen (big spoiler)

so

GlutekMar 12, 2015 12:17 PM
Mar 12, 2015 1:03 PM

Jun 2014
Glutek said:
Hi, I have a question: Probably in Grisaya no Rakuen (big spoiler)

so

Mar 20, 2015 4:57 PM

Oct 2009
Last arc kinda saved this otherwise awful anime for me.
Apr 22, 2015 1:38 PM

Dec 2010
7th stonewall 10/10 for me(at times drop in animation quality)...enjoyed it from first to last episode..amane and yujji are my most fav charecters..
JsmithmimApr 22, 2015 1:47 PM
Mim
Apr 27, 2015 2:00 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, it wasn't bad I guess, they did pretty well. They tried to tie the trilogy together.

While novel shines in its great portrayal of characters, anime at least didn't have any dragging (quite contrary actually). I liked the game better but animation was at least good in its common route and Michiru's/Amane's routes.

7/10

Next stop, Asako and Chizuru :)
Apr 28, 2015 10:45 AM
Oct 2013
just rewatched the whole thing. that yumiko episode was so full of twists lol
May 14, 2015 3:56 AM

Oct 2013
This anime got better and better in every episode, i personally love the Amane's ark, kinda dark but that's how i love it.. Yuuji x Amane yass please !

I hope that Kazuki still alive somewhere because there's no sign of her death

Overall score 8/10, now onto the 2nd season
Jun 3, 2015 3:48 PM
Feb 2015
In the end we don't know what happened to yuuji' sister.
Man that old guy was really up to something... Good thing no one got hurt. 10 millimeters wow and his master must have been that good. I wonder if she really is dead.

Wow that was smart of yuuji. Destroying the right urinal and bring in the water.

We get some more bad guys, must be yuuji's enemies or something.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 10, 2015 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, what a cute little marine! Up to report!
Of course, it had to be one of the girls dad. In fact, it was the dad of the most fucked up of the girls, so I guess crazy genes run in the family.

That was a fine shot. He didn't even need a correction! Like a pro.

The ending was setting up for sequels. I admit, I completed the serie because I saw the current season was doing well, so up to Meikyuu!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 9, 2015 6:20 AM

Dec 2008
eeh........it was okay...onto next season...6/10..
Nov 16, 2015 12:24 AM

Aug 2009
watched through the whole angelic howl arc in one go... must say im speechless

felt like i watched a survival movie...

having no knowledge of the vn, i really hope kazuki survived somehow

the random fan obviously turns out to be a criminal... destined to fail cuz hes dealing with a real badass lol

time for sp woot
Dec 1, 2015 3:01 PM

Oct 2014
Last arc was the best one.
Dec 6, 2015 12:08 PM

Nov 2009
What is up with this anime and girls pissing themselves? LMAO
OP Yuuji, as always (but that's my guilty pleasure hehehe)
And Makina calling him "papa" continues to be so damn cringey
Man, I can't lie, this got me entertained. 6/10 for me, cause of the excessive randomness
The animation/graphics(?) were very good *thumbs up*

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Dec 19, 2015 8:21 PM

Sep 2014
last 4 eps were the good eps!

Also does someone want to tell me how one boat is taking on the coast guard? Like the fuck.
Dec 29, 2015 9:25 AM

May 2013
I really hate when villain that tries to rape girls but in the end the bad dude got detained so I'm ok with it

I watch the entire anime in one sitting i rate this 8/10
Dec 30, 2015 1:01 PM

Jul 2014
So much fucked up stuff in this anime but can't say that I didn't enjoy it.
Dec 31, 2015 11:51 PM

Dec 2012
Damn, Dad was about to become one of the GOATs. Amane should have told Dad that her daughter was getting banged by her Sensei.

Yuuji was a BOSS as usual.

Dat ending was EPIC!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 10, 2016 8:02 AM

Mar 2015
Uhh.... the ending with Amane sucks. This ending for anime sucks. Not enough Michiru.

Though the Michiru route was done with some justice. I can say that's a BIG PLUS. Michiru's route is probably the best route here, the other girls just sucked big time especially the whore bitch boring girl. Did they really waste my fucking time with 3 episodes focusing on her instead of doing Sakaki or Sachi's route? Wow. Not even interested in that stupid faking relationship they're doing now.

Michiru > Sachi > Sakaki > Makina > Anyone Else > bitch girl (Amane)

Gonna pick up the Visual Novel for Michiru's route only. Probably Sakaki's too since she's interesting.

Really. Seriously. Can't enjoy this. 7/10 ONLY for Michiru. would've been 5/10 because this all felt stupid after episode 6.

Apr 8, 2016 1:55 PM

Aug 2014
Well this was one hell of an intense final episode, lol. Papa Sakashita got rekt in the toilet xD

Well having read the VN, this left a bad taste in my mouth, but atleast Amane's route was sorta done well I suppose. 4/10, looking forward Meikyuu and Rakuen tho.
May 17, 2016 11:51 PM

Mar 2012
Hmm....this last arc saved an otherwise very average anime to me and made the other 9 episodes worth sitting through.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 18, 2016 7:59 AM

Jul 2013
Did they really have to show that stupid perv growing a boner? haha damn shit was nasty.

Anyway I like this show. I got pissed off sometimes but it was entertaining to say the least.
Jun 15, 2016 8:43 AM

Feb 2016
Dat gungale online mode at the end though.
Jun 22, 2016 5:47 PM
Apr 2013
God, that was amazing. Love the amount of Action, comedy, cast of characters, and romance that was present in the season.

That's five down, none to go.

Glad that we were able to find out about all of their pasts and what were the main causes underlying their behaviors and personalities.

Very interesting.

Interesting backstory to Amane's situation, she doesn't just want to get into his pants, but at the same time, she really does. YUUJI, YOU LUCKY APSDSAPDIOJASDA.

Yuuji strikes again though, aiding when he needs to, and he's where he needs to be. That's what makes him an amazing MC, one of the, if not, the best.

Great animating from 8bit, we had those shaft headtilts too. ;^)

11/10 Can't wait to watch the specials and the second season.
Jul 9, 2016 12:23 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm i liked the serie overall. Sure it had plotholes and sillyness here and there but it caught me. I mean I watched it all in one go (ok 1 night of sleep inbetween) whereas many animes are ok and just that.. So I take breaks inbetween.
Im interested in the VN now eventho i barely play them.

Great characters 8/10 overall
Jul 29, 2016 3:43 AM

Mar 2015
Not the best last episode.

Sniping 10 cm was awesome as hell. Felt like watching Golgo 13.

3.7/5

Overall: 9/10
Aug 23, 2016 7:31 AM

Apr 2013
The first episodes were enjoyable, but then the drama kicked it and it got boring and predictable. Amane was best girl but she didn't nearly get enough fanservice scenes. 4/10
Aug 27, 2016 10:55 AM

Feb 2015
This series, completely blew my mind away. each episode was keep blowing my mind. cause i thought it was gonna be the normal harem like what i have seen various times. well, i watched this cause it got me interested a bit but, it was just a bit. nothing more than that. and when i keep watching this, each, and each epsiode. it was just getting more interesting that i can't even stop watching it. thus i binge watch it and finished it today xD just in a day. it's been a long time since i finished an anime in just a day tbh xD

so, overall thoughts from what i have watched; It looks real. from what i have watched since Michiru's problem, yes, it looks real in my eyes. probably, one of the main reason why i think so, is because of the dark atmosphere and story/backstory they put, especially that ending. didn't even expect or see that coming at all. and at how they executed that, at how they handle the character, voice acting, and how the events went....it was well executed imo. although the soundtrack was a bit meh tho....just if they add more eerie song in the soundtrack for the ending, it would me awsome xD but seriously, again, that ending caught me off guard. A mold growing on a girl's back skin. Maggot's appearing on some girls injury. Everyone eating a girl's dog. Teacher went crazy. The president went crazy and had a sex with the teacher. they all became canibal. Happy end

and btw, it's been a whil since i watch something mature like this xD somehow it made me happy xD

as for the characterization and development. i don't see anything wrong in the character development but! some of the characterization was rushed. for example that maid girl and the girl in the blue long hair. that was so rushed imo. well, i can still feel some sadness from it but if they took more time to make it, i think they would added more sadness to the story and the atmosphere of the show. a bit shame but well, i still enjoyed it anyway.

and, if you asked me which characterization i like the more, obviously the last one. that's so obvious. the second one would be michiru and the third one would be Makina. Why the last one A.K.A the ending ? i just think the way they made it, it was just too thrilling and terrifiying in that kind of situation. i like it not because it was well made from any other characterization, i like it cause i enjoy it. that's the main reason why i like it xD yeah...i enjoy it a lot.

The Michiru's one what a bit cruel tho for the conclusion but somehow i got emotional xD that's maybe the reason why i like it.

and, glad to know that Yuuji's sister is actually still alive. that's obvious. there is now way she died. she's still alive for sure. she's not the type of character that will give up on her life like it ain't nothing.

overall, it was a pretty enjoyable ride for me. for the most reason why i enjoyed this anime, it's because, it has a pretty mature story imo which i really like and that is the part which got me interested the most too.

looking foward for the second season.
9/10
YizelTroAug 27, 2016 10:59 AM
Nov 3, 2016 9:47 AM

Feb 2014
I think the last 3-4 episodes made this a lot higher of a rating than I was thinking of putting beforehand, especially the last episode; so awesome. I'm excited to check out season 2 after that last scene.
"So wave goodbye to the hope we were born with, and say farewell to the chance of surviving this holocaust of love, this age of lost souls, but I'm holding on with both hands and I'm never letting go."
Aug 17, 2017 7:29 AM

Jan 2017
so the last arc was the best arc
i really liked this anime and all its characters ,but sadly there was too many plot hole lol

so best girl is Sachi period
the loli take the second place

worst arc was the suicide bombing arc even tho i really liked watching the ep but at the same time it was very stupid .

so if season 2 is a little bit better than this one i may put it in my fav list .

and I liked the op and endings of the anime the opening gave me euphoria vibes for some reason lol

and before watching the anime I though it would be something like wrerite ,but darker and with more psyclogical effect but I think I was wrong .lol
Oct 24, 2017 3:07 PM

Oct 2015
I never expected this harem anime to be good, but it surprised me by not be a typical harem anime. But they never needed those panty shots in the first place the anime plots in the series were a good slice of even better than clannad. The background story of Kazuki and Amane was a highlight for me, all those sad and gruesome moments it carried were awesome. I wonder did she survive or not and what were those guys in the ship who were carrying that bazooka, mhm now I am curious for season 2. 7/10 is the highest I will give this harem anime
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 18, 2018 5:32 AM
Feb 2018
Fuck Chiaki's Dad. He's such a dick.

I hope he goes into fictional Japanese Hell.
Aug 13, 2018 9:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Started off very poorly but managed to slightly redeem itself with the last route. Still an average show, though imo. 5/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 3, 2018 9:53 AM

May 2015
Yeah so this anime was pretty bad, but somehow I managed to get through it. 4/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 8, 2018 2:40 AM
May 2008
Perhaps this was commented on the previous episode discussion.. Anyways plot was an illogical mess. Everyone said enough about the sniper episode. But the whole bus accident annoyed the hell out of me, they were 3 hours from the freaking road. Was the teacher just going around in circles?

It just all felt so stupid and frustrating. I read that they were far off course and the trees were thick and dark and too damp to make a fire, but it still sounds so retarded forced drama. Would have been better if they just made it an airplane accident and just copied the andes mountains disaster or something. But a whole bus full of students 3 hours from the road unable to be found by anyone and unable to get out in a 1st world nation? Ugh come on.

I really hope this doesn't happen in modern day japan. Like people just decide to sit still and die/kill each other, and search parties just give up. I understand they could have been mentally trapped so they figured they should stay still and give up/die.. but to me it just sounds absurd.

done venting.
Nov 26, 2018 9:11 AM

May 2016
Can't get enough if this show I wanna re-watch it again lol.
Dec 5, 2018 1:26 PM

Dec 2016
Yuuji is indeed a fucking badass
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 19, 2019 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
Glad I'm finally done with this mess of an adaptation. I originally dropped it when it was airing, but somehow I've endured it this time.
Jan 31, 2019 5:26 PM

Nov 2016
To end the first season with a rapist dad that wants to take revenge is also a possibility. This was definitely SAO level of edge xD

But oh well. Actually really liked this overall, despite some questionable parts.

Looking forward to the next installments.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 26, 2019 1:51 AM

Sep 2010
Not bad I guess. Probably gonna pick up the VN to get the full experience
Aug 19, 2019 7:01 PM

Dec 2012
Man, that last scene has me hyped for the sequels. While all of the girls had interesting circumstances, I'm most interested in Yuuji's background and the darker reaches of the underworld he lives in. The first episode gave the impression that Yuuji was involved in some shady business and that each of the girls was in on it in some way. As this show unfolded, however, my expectations were redirected to a dramatic anthology of tragic backstories & girls who were plunged into shadows of their own. It certainly crescendo'd from mildly depressing to outright maddening & morbid. I can only imagine what depths of depravity Eden is willing to go.

7.5/10
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

amasj1414 - Dec 21, 2014

273 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 10, 2023 4:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.