Forum Settings
Forums

⌛ How many of your top-10 fiction is anime?

New
Mar 27, 2022 10:34 AM

Feb 2011
Books, movies, etc. - everything is allowed. In my case, it seems like there are only two of them are anime.

1. Kiseki/Trails series (video game)
2. Muv-Luv (visual novel)
3. Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (anime)
4. Touhou Project (mostly video games for me)
5. Sekiro (video game)
6. Full Metal Daemon: Muramasa (visual novel)
7. G-senjou no Maou (visual novel)
8. Valkyria Chronicles (video game)
9. Grisaia no Kajitsu (visual novel)
10. The iDOLM@STER (video game/anime)

Interested to read your lists guys.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 27, 2022 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
0 of my top 10 fiction is anime sadly.
Mar 27, 2022 10:38 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Really hard to list it since I started watching Anime not too long ago. I'd say that maybe 2 or 3 out of my favorites would find their place in there along with their source material.
The rest would be a mix of GoT, LotR and the Soulsborne franchise

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Mar 27, 2022 10:39 AM
Aug 2021
Won't include movies or video games. There are too many movies to consider and I haven't played games since a long time ago. If i had to include games it would definitely include Batman arkham city. Anyway,

1) Breaking Bad (tv show)
2) Game of thrones s01-4 (or ASoIaF book 1-3) (tv/novel series)
3) Attack on titans s01-3 (anime)
4) Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood (anime)
5) Mother of learning (webnovel)
6) Berserk Golden age and Conviction arc (manga)
7) Chernobyl (mini tv-series)
8) Kaguya sama love is war s01-2 (anime)
9) Hunter x Hunter 2011 (anime)
10) The First law series (novel series)

So there are 4 anime and 1 manga but only one which I liked from beginning to end which is Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood. The rest are incomplete or i didn't enjoy in entirety.
Kot_SchlyopaMar 27, 2022 10:47 AM
Mar 27, 2022 10:49 AM

Mar 2020

It’s not even in the top 20 honestly… you can’t compare anime to real fiction
Mar 27, 2022 11:11 AM

Feb 2016
Tannhauser said:
Books, movies, etc. - everything is allowed. In my case, it seems like there are only two of them are anime.

5. Sekiro (video game)

Oof, that's a tough one...

Let's see

1. Trails in the Sky trylogy (Video Game)
2. Ys franchise (Video Game)
3. Chernobyl (TV Miniseries)
4. Highway Blossoms (Visual Novel)
5. The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1 & 2 (Video Game)
6. Dark Souls (Video Game, ranging from DS1, 2, 3 and Elden Ring)
7. Twin Peaks (TV Series)
8. Golden Sun (Video Game)
9. The Dark Crystal (Both Movie and Series)
10. Perfect Blue (Anime Movie)

Hmmmm, I actually thought I would put more anime, but turns out that wasn't the case. Maybe there would be more in a top 20, lol.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 27, 2022 11:15 AM

Jan 2013
I can't see any reason to make a top 10 out of completely different forms of fiction.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 27, 2022 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
Not sure what a top 10 of mine would look like but I will say that Neon Genesis Evangelion (including EoE) would definitely take my top spot, with Watchmen (the graphic novel, not the film) being a close second.
Take care of yourself

Mar 27, 2022 11:25 AM

Feb 2010
Damn, that's a super weeby list you have there OP. No offense, but broaden your horizon a bit, there's more than just japanese subculture entertainment out there :>
No list should look this one-sided imo, there's so much great stuff out there that people who only stick to one medium (or in OPs case one country) are missing out on.

As for me, I never really thought about it because I inherently dislike comparing works from different mediums to each other. A book and a movie just work so differently that I never really compare them in my mind. I know what I like in each medium relative to the rest of the medium, but even if I try I wouldn't know how to make up my mind on whether I prefer my favorite book, my favorite movie or my favorite anime. No idea how people do it.

But I'd say it's a safe bet for me that at least Cowboy Bebop would be in my overall top 10, as well as at least one Yuasa title. Either Ping Pong or Tatami Galaxy, or both.
There's also be at least 2 movies up there (Birdman and Fight Club). A bunch of novels, a few manga/comics, one Tv series (The Wire) and I would probably have to find a way to include at least one or two stand-up specials as well since it's one of my favorite entertainment mediums. Although I guess technically that might not fully count as 'fiction' anymore. I haven't even thought about stage plays or western animation yet either. And deciding on which books and comics make it to the top 10 would probably be the most difficult part since there are a lot of candidates there.

Bebop, Birdman and The Wire are probably the only 3 I can say would be up there for sure because they're my relatively clear-cut favorites from their respective mediums. The other 7 spots would be hard fought for and at least 3-4 of them would go to books and comics.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 27, 2022 11:27 AM

Mar 2016
Around a half in a good mood probably 6.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Mar 27, 2022 11:39 AM

Nov 2019
It seems I Am The Walrus is my favourite piece of fiction. I don't know what the hell they were doing, but I like it.

Maybe 0, but they tried their best.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 27, 2022 11:58 AM

Feb 2011
@Alcoholicide Hey, I take pride in my weebness! Well, jokes aside, as I've been getting older, I kind of lost interest in most non-Japanese entertainment. It hits closer to home most of the time and not to mention I absolutely love Japanese voice acting.

Also, for comparing works from different mediums, you can rank them based on the emotional impact and lasting impression they left on you.
Mar 27, 2022 11:58 AM

Jan 2009
I'm not into "top 10s" now. I can only say that I tended to enjoy VNs longer than Anime and that most fictional stuff I have ever consumed is stuff that I've already forgotten about
So I actually do not wish to name any titles. You can just look them up in my clubs or on my profile
Mar 27, 2022 12:03 PM

May 2021
1) Star Wars EU
2) Re: Zero LN/WN
3) Monster
4) The Shawshank Redemption
5) The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
6) 3 Idiots
7) Fate VN
8) Forrest Gump
9) Steins;Gate
10) Death Note

So, 3 of them.

Mar 27, 2022 12:12 PM

Jul 2019
Like 5-6 six

Steins;Gate
Made In Abyss
JoJo part 4
Kengan Ashura
Berserk
Golden Kamuy

Mar 27, 2022 12:18 PM

Jul 2021
Maybe 1, Wolf's Rain, in the top 15 or 20

For tv shows: Black Sails, White Collar, House, Last Kingdom, The Following, Breaking bad.
For games: Diablo is the only series I 've played that I liked the lore. Half Life too.
For books: several, but the highlights would probably be Dune, Count of Monte Cristo, Picture of Dorian Gray, the Robots through Foundation series, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. The epic of Gilgamesh is actually really cool (lacks the wine drinking sequence with King Arthur and Alexander the Great though.)
For comics: the Marvel's Annihilation saga was awesome, both Brubaker's and Bendis' runs on Daredevil were crazy good. Batman - Arkham Asylum is a masterpiece.
Mar 27, 2022 12:22 PM

Sep 2018
This is genuinely a cool question, but I can’t categorize or order what I like for the life of me. A fair estimate would be at least half are anime, and a majority are animated in some way.
Mar 27, 2022 12:24 PM

Oct 2018
I'd have to think about it, but Shigatsu, Steins;Gate, Sangatsu and Evangelion are in my top 10.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Mar 27, 2022 12:29 PM
Jul 2021
1. Berserk - anime (well mostly manga)
2. Mushoku Tensei - anime
3. Breaking Bad - tv show
4. Godfather - movie
5. Grand Theft Auto - video game
6. Acca 13 - anime
7. Jagten (The Hunt) - movie
8. Chainsaw Man - anime
9. Pulp Fiction - movie
10. Crusader Kings - video game

4/10 I guess...
Mar 27, 2022 12:48 PM
Feb 2019
1. Monogatari (anime)
2. Mother 3 (video game)
3. Oyasumi Punpun (manga)
4. Mawaru Penguindrum (anime)
5. Love Exposure (movie)
6. Persona 3 (video game)
7. Dark Souls (video game)
8. Sangatsu no Lion (anime)
9. Eureka (movie)
10. Mushishi (anime)

So 4/10
Kamima00Mar 27, 2022 12:54 PM
Mar 27, 2022 12:57 PM

Jan 2013
Maybe not so much anime but A LOT are gonna be Japanese and anime style in nature. I'll put my favorites near the top but this is not a hard ranking by any means:

1. Attack on Titan
2. Usagi Drop
3. Trails of Cold Steel
4. Genshin Impact
5. Madoka Magica
6. Valkyria chronicles
7. Nier:Automata
8. Fire Emblem Fates
9. Fate series
10. Higurashi (???)

List is not comprehensive at all. Left a bunch out just because other things came into my head first. Also left out a ton of visual novels and the Pokemon franchise, Touhou, Sonic etc.
As far as Western games go I did love Warcraft 3 and Bioshock so there's that.
Mar 27, 2022 12:58 PM

Apr 2017
If I had to make a list, there wouldn't be an anime in it.
🇮​ 🇼​🇦​🇳​🇹​ 🇹​🇴​ 🇭​🇦​🇻​🇪​ 100000 🇫​🇷​🇮​🇪​🇳​🇩​🇸​ - 🇸​🇪​🇳​🇩​ 🇲​🇪​ 🇾​🇴​🇺​🇷​ 🇷​🇪​🇶​🇺​🇪​🇸​🇹​!
Mar 27, 2022 1:17 PM
Kii_Ibarra

Dec 2020
Thanks for the tag! @Tannhauser

Well, let's see... The Pokémon mainline games are my favorite series of all-time, but IDK if any individual Pokémon game (other than probably Black and White Versions) would cut my top 10 favorite works of fiction...

I've actually been thinking about this question a lot of recent, with me playing another route in the game Fire Emblem Three Houses last week and my favorite individual work of fiction ever written as opposed to a work with multiple installments/episodes which offer an overall better story turning 10 years old earlier this week too

1. The mainline Pokémon series (video-games)
2. Doctor Who (non-anime TV show) my favorite TV show
3. Steven Universe series (non-anime TV show)
4. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series (anime and manga)
5. Kid Icarus series (video-games) Kid Icarus Uprising specifically is my favorite video-game and standalone piece of fiction ever written
6. Fire Emblem series (video-games)
7. Touhou Project (video-games and manga) Wild and Horned Hermit. is my favorite comic book of all-time
8. Phineas & Ferb (non-anime TV show)
9. Gravity Falls (non-anime TV show)
10. Kick-Ass movie series (non-anime movies) the first movie is my favorite film of all-time

This list was pretty hard to make. Other than the first 2 entries, I could see myself swapping around the positions of any of these entries, as well as the following honorable mentions:
R.O.D anime series (anime)
Regular Show (non-anime TV show)
Toy Story series (non-anime movies)
Homestuck (medium-defying webnovel/non-manga webcomic/game/visual novel-hybrid)
Kingsman movie series (non-anime movies)

I wasn't really sure if I should go for my favorite stories overall (adding together every entry, which is what I did), or if I should've gone for my favorite standalone stories (such-as individual releases in long-running game franchises or specific episodes of TV series). If I had gone for the latter, the list would've probably been made up of exclusively video-games and American movies
Kogasa-TataraMar 27, 2022 1:20 PM
My greatest contribution to this website:
Mar 27, 2022 1:28 PM
May 2020
probably like six or five for me. might need to have a deep think of this fr fr
Mar 27, 2022 1:43 PM

Feb 2020
Not in any particular order:

1. World of Warcraft (video game)
2. Diablo II (video game)
3. Star Trek: The Next Generation (TV show)
4. The Exorcist (movie)
5. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (movie)
6. Digimon (anime)
7. Tanoshii Muumin Ikka (anime)
8. Love Live! (anime)
9. Natsume Yuujinchou (anime)
10. Yuru Yuri (anime)
Mar 27, 2022 1:49 PM

Feb 2019
Seems like only 1 sadly. The fav. list kinda goes like:

1. Subarashiki Hibi (VN)
2. Soukou Akki Murasmasa (VN)
3. Malazan Book of the Fallen (Novel Series)
3. Gintama (Anime)
3. Umineko (VN)
6. ASOIAF (Novel Series/TV series S1-4|6)
6. Baldr Sky Dive2 (Gameplay VN)
6. Musicus (VN)
9. Berserk (Manga)
9. Oyasumi Punpun (Manga)
9. Hakomari (LN)
9. Clannad (VN/Anime)
9. Homestuck (Webcomic)

Have a hard time rating vidyas and most of them are too shounen/YA-isc, and I find most movies/novels too short for any real development / clean catharsis. Feels more like having a 400k words mental barrier / bias right now.
As such, classics and short works don't make the list, and I don't find even the top favs in them as cathartic and enjoyable as top favs in other mediums. Still love them tho. And while I quite really liked ones like IJ/GR, I certainly didn't enjoy them as much as my top 3s/5s, and I have no clue how to even place those titles.
Mar 27, 2022 2:37 PM

Aug 2013
None of them are anime, but I do have one manga on my general top 10 (Blame!). In no particular order:
Blame!, Blade Runner, Chungking Express, The Scar, Gormenghast, Snow Crash, Apocalypse Now, Hellboy, The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, Legend of Mana
Mar 27, 2022 2:56 PM

Aug 2016
You sure got a lot out of 1 area lol

As for me,

Difficult to weigh as there is no concrete answer and the rankings are rather fluid other than the #1

If we're talking impactful without regard to quality

1. Doom franchise (video game) //Love is unmatched
2. Super Smash Bros series (video game) //Only a memory glitch caused by the massive total number of KOs and TKOs in the recordbooks hindered my ability to play more
3. Mario Franchise (video games) //Based off my selection, most variety of games that have been replayed
4. Family Guy (TV show) //very quotable for me and a lot of the earlier scenes were memorable
5. Starcraft (video game) //the lore, music, gameplay and story. Even tried to construct own race with different names and buildings.
6. Yu-Gi-Oh (moreso card game, but anime too) //Spent many a hour constructing decks
7. South Park (TV show) //No holding back kind of comedy. Has the best character in any TV show medium
8. Looney Tunes Franchise (TV show) //Memorable variety of characters and moments despite many of the episodes running in 10 minutes or less
9. Spongebob Squarepants (TV show) //Timeless humor
10. Digimon (TV show) //Often kept a list of Digimon in a journal and recently wrote a comparison list between the people I know with Digimon based on personality despite having not watched in a while
HM1: DC Animated Universe (TV shows+movies) //lot of consumption especially in the Batman verse. Focusing on anime throughout has paused my DCAU progress for years
HM2: JoJo (TV show) //This would be in the top 10, but I haven't dedicated to memorizing every single Stand name and character. If I do that, then it will definitely be in top 10

If we're talking impact with quality,
1. Doom franchise (game)
2. Starcraft (game)
3. Super Smash Bros (game)
4. South Park (TV show)
5. Mario franchise (games based off what I have)
6. Donkey Kong franchise (games based off what I have)
7. Looney Tunes (TV show)
8*. Spongebob Squarepants (TV show, although I'm only speaking about first two seasons, so upon a whole watch, this would probably be out of the top 10)
9*. Family Guy (TV show, trending down the more it continues in episodes being made but the first 5 or so seasons still leave a deep mark in my memory)
10. Rick and Morty (TV show, trending up if I keep rewatching. It has yet to have sticking power like the others)
HM. JoJo (TV show) //will cement top 10 if I enjoy Part 6 and further increase if Part 7 and 8 are the same if it will be made

Don't think I have any movie that I would considered high up unless tied with a series I like, but that's more of that I haven't watched an enjoyable movie in years and haven't chosen to go to theaters in at least 20 years so I don't have much of a sample anyways

Books. The closest impactful book was Redwall, but that was when I was really young.

Closest impactful live action show I like is probably Curb your Enthusiasm, but the selection is very few.
MechKingKillbotMar 27, 2022 3:06 PM
Mar 27, 2022 3:11 PM

Jul 2017
First of all, thanks for mentioning me!

A top 10 list to fit all of my favorite stories is not easy, I enjoy many series pretty much equally, so I'm compromising here and omitting some out. It's a fun question though all things considered. Now for my not so fixed top 10:

1- Witcher 3 - (video game)
2- Breaking Bad - (TV show)
3- Trails of Cold Steel series - (video games)
4- Hunter x Hunter (2011) - (anime)
5- Mass Effect trilogy - (video games)
6- The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - (anime movie)
7- Mushoku Tensei S1 - (anime)
8- The Dark Knight trilogy - (movies)
9- Supernatural - (TV show)
10- One Piece - (anime)
CrimsunreaperMar 27, 2022 3:43 PM
Mar 27, 2022 3:24 PM

Mar 2019
Maybe only 3 at most.

I don't consume various media much, so it'd be awkward if my top fiction is all-anime, hahaha. So yeah i just say 3 at most.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Mar 27, 2022 3:47 PM

Feb 2020
#1 Pro Wrestling
#2 Dune (Book series)
#3 Godzilla (Movies)
#4 Battle Royale (Book & Movies)
#5 Streets of Rage (Games)
#6 Command & Conquer Series (Games)
#7 Akiba's Trip 2 (Game)
#8 Danganronpa (Anime/Manga/LN)
#9 Senran Kagura (Games)
#10 Railway Detective Series (Book series)

1 I guess?
Mar 27, 2022 3:59 PM

Feb 2015
Only Night on the Galactic Railroad I think.

Here's my top 10, not in order:
1. Night on the Galactic railroad (anime)
2. Long arm of the law (movie)
3. Crazy thunder road (movie)
4. Throw down (movie)
5. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (game)
6. Taste of Tea (movie)
7. Stalker (movie)
8. 20th Century boys (manga)
9. Heart of Darkness (novel)
10. Book of Job
JomsMar 27, 2022 4:03 PM
Mar 27, 2022 4:03 PM

Aug 2019
not sure, maybe half of it? I know a lot of video games would take spots on my list
Mar 27, 2022 4:04 PM

Jun 2019
lord knows I won't be able to properly rank these, so don't pay too much mind to the order beyond the top four, but I'd say 2 - 3 if you're counting manga, and to be fair the anime might've made it (lower down) if I couldn't use the manga, I just like the manga more.

1. Oldboy (movie)
2. No Country for Old Men (movie)
3. The Road (novel)
4. Girls' Last Tour (manga)
5. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (anime)
6. The Departed (movie)
7. Shoplifters (movie)
8. Prisoners (movie)
9. A Silent Voice (anime/movie)
10. Children of Men (movie)

been watching movies longer than anything else, so they kinda dominate.
Mar 27, 2022 4:04 PM

Feb 2020
I dont believe in mixing two seperate media to create top 10 (it like comparing apple vs orange). So kind of invalid question tbh
I would say their are quite a lot of things i like from other medium. So creating top 10 out of that enormous no would be very difficult fathom or account. This is something which i have never though of trying tbh.

Probably if i have been actively using some site like mal (i do uses other movie and drama listing sites, but they are at a ridiculously premature level compared to my mal account) to compare and evaluate my top 10, then answering may be easier.
AdampkMar 27, 2022 4:11 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Mar 27, 2022 9:15 PM

Aug 2012
0/10. I read a LOT and the only good thing is one of my favorite series was made into a Netflix series (Bridgerton), but I have yet to watch it because the first book was one of my least liked in the series (and the second season based on book 2 was JUST released and so I have yet to sit down and watch it lol). Book 2 and Book 4 were the best in the series imo, while Book 1 was meh, Book 3 was crap, Book 5 was good, Book 6 was meh, Book 7 was good, and Book 8 was just okay (with the weirdest end. I mean who would have thought that Gregory was the one who- well that would be a spoiler, but it was weird). Anyway, yeah. None of my favorite fiction is anime, but 1 is a Netflix show...
Mar 27, 2022 10:02 PM

Aug 2016
Anime: 3/10 - Logh, steins gate, ashita no joe

1. Battle Toyale (manga)
2. Onanie master kurosawa (manga)
3. Strongest legend Kurosawa (manga)
4. Joker (film)
5. Muv Luv Alternative (videogame/visual novel)
6. Slam Dunk (manga)
7. Skies of Arcadia (videogame)
8. Steins gate (anime)
9. LoGH (anime)
10. Ashita no Joe (anime)
MichaelJacksonNov 29, 2022 7:55 PM
:v
Mar 27, 2022 10:11 PM

Apr 2018
My top 10 fiction would all be movies so none.

Mar 27, 2022 10:36 PM

Feb 2019
I find it hard to put other media into a combined ranked list so this is just off the top of my head.

1. Omniscient Reader (Web Novel)
2. Gurren Lagann (Anime)
3. Tower of God (Manhwa)
4. Assassination Classroom (Anime)
5. Houseki no Kuni (Manga)
6. Hunter x Hunter (Anime)
7. Mr. Robot (TV Show)
8. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (Anime)
9. Shouwa Genroku (Anime)
10. Steins; Gate (Anime)
11. Blue Period (Manga)
12. Sora Yori (Anime)
13. Bojack Horseman (TV Show)

I find it very hard to put any movies in this list
humantwigNov 29, 2022 5:56 PM

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Mar 27, 2022 10:39 PM

May 2018
Hmm...

1. Front Mission III (Game)
2. Densha Otoko (J-Dorama)
3. Interstellar (Movie)
4. Shirobako (Anime)
5. Inception (Movie)
6. Aldnoah.Zero (Anime)
7. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel series (Game)
8. Fault Milestone Series (Visual Novel)
9. Yagate Kimi ni Naru (Anime)
10. Ace Combat 7 (Game)
Mar 27, 2022 11:17 PM

Jan 2020
A clean 10/10.

Maybe it'll change when I get further into the Umineko vn

Mar 27, 2022 11:22 PM
Oct 2021
Tannhauser said:

5. Sekiro (video game)

My Top 10 Fictions are:

10. South Park (American Animated Show)
09. Prison Playbook (Korean Drama)
08. JoJo's Bizzare Adventure (Anime)
09. 3 Idiots (Indian Movie)
08. PK (Indian Movie)
07. JoJo's Bizzare Adventure (Manga)
06. Oshiete! Galko-chan (Anime)
05. Hinamatsuri (Anime)
04. School Rumble (Anime)
03. Squid Game (Korean Drama)
02. Mitsudomoe (Anime) (Hands Down The Best Comedy in Any Format)
01. Naruto + Naruto Shippuden (Anime) (Hands Down The Best Fiction in Any Format)

Therefore 6/10 (7/10 if Manga is not counted seperately) in my top 10 Fictions.
But Mostly I like to enjoy watching Anime Only.
Mar 27, 2022 11:29 PM

Apr 2016
MonkeeDan said:
Really hard to list it since I started watching Anime not too long ago. I'd say that maybe 2 or 3 out of my favorites would find their place in there along with their source material.
The rest would be a mix of GoT, LotR and the Soulsborne franchise

> started anime not too long ago
holy shit! I have been watching anime since i was kid and you have seen like 3-4x what i have, have you binged anime all day for the past 2years? :v
Mar 27, 2022 11:31 PM

May 2018
"How many of your top-10 fiction is anime?"

Having Top 10 fiction is even more unpractical and impossible than having Top 10 anime.
For example how do you compare sculpture to music or radio theater to paintings?
Do people constantly keep track and compare all the fictions which they encounter? (Unless this is their job or something.)
alshuMar 27, 2022 11:36 PM
Mar 27, 2022 11:55 PM

Oct 2019
1. Dark Souls [Video Game]
2. Attack On Titan [Anime] I
3. Hunter x Hunter [Anime] II
4. The Last of Us [Video Game]
5. Spider-Man [Movies]
6. Stranger Things [TV Series]
7. One Piece [Anime] III
8. Violet Evergarden [Anime] IV
9. Heavy Rain [Video Game]
10. Metal Gear Solid [Video Game]

4 out of 10. This list is based on the details of their lore and the setting that happened, also heavily considering their story, nuance, and rewatchability/replayability.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2022 11:57 PM

Nov 2019
Well here goes (In Alphabetical Order):

Casshern Sins (Cartoonimeeshon)
Clay Pigeons (Movie)
Fallout 3 (Video Game)
Fight Club (Movie)
Gargoyles (Cartoonimeeshon)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Cartoonimeeshon/Comga)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Video Game)
Steins;Gate (Cartoonimeeshon)
Vagabond (Comga)
Xavier: Renegade Angel (Peak)
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Mar 28, 2022 12:02 AM
Mar 2011
1. Umineko (VN)
2. Bleach
3. Higurashi (VN)
4. HxH
5. Gintama
6. Detective Conan
7. JoJo
8. Ciconia (VN)
9. Mushishi
10. Lupin III

So it's 70%.
Mar 28, 2022 12:18 AM

Mar 2018
Tannhauser said:
Hey, I take pride in my weebness!
Pfffttt, you still have one title (Sekiro) in your list that's debatable it's not anime-related so you're still not weeby enough, OP.

Jokes aside, thanks for going out of your way to @ me but sorry I can't make a proper list. I mean, I'm pretty sure even if I can make it, all of them would be anime-related stuff cuz that's the only medium I consume the most but even so, if you ask me to mishmash all kinds of categories (anime, movie, game, manga, VN, etc) it's really difficult to rank them.

All I can say is Persona series and Devil May Cry series are the best I've ever played in JRPG and Action genre respectively that I hold in very high regard, so much that to play their sequels, I won't hesitate to buy PlayStation 5, 6 or whatever console they're held hostage to.

So if I have to make a very loose list:

1) Persona series (game)
(4 > 5 > 3: In this order for main games. Never played 1 and 2. And money-milking spin-offs like fighting games, rhythm games, and beat-em'ups don't count altho I've played them all. Their anime versions don't count either.)

2) Devil May Cry series (game)
(3 > 5 > 4 > 1. DMC2 and DmC reboot don't exist. Its anime doesn't count either.)

And slap my current favorites from top 1 to 5 that are locked in my list and that I consider personal masterpieces here:

3) Puella Magi Madoka Magica (main season and Rebellion movie)
4) Code Geass (S1 & 2)
5) Fate/Zero
6) Steins;Gate
7) Digimon Adventure (S1 only)

As for the rest, you can slap whatever anime/manga I gave 10s or 9s in my list or names of the franchises I mentioned in my profile. I won't mind.

Sorry if this is not the specific answer you're looking for and for giving such a loose list >.<

Mar 28, 2022 12:49 AM

Oct 2008
10.Spider-Man 1994 (animated series)
9.Dead Zone (TV series)
8.Van Hellsing (movie)
7.Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! (cartoon series)
6.Utawarerumono (anime/RPG game)
5.Witch Spring 3 (game)
4.Honkai Impact 3rd (game)
3.Nana to Kaoru (manga)
2.That creepy reading (YouTube channel)
1.Mahoutsukai no Yome (manga/anime)
Mar 28, 2022 2:03 AM

Sep 2014
I would probably only put Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Monster in a hypothetical list.

But honestly, I cannot bring myself to make comparisons between live-action, animated (both western and anime), VNs, books, manga/manhwa and video games.

The experience and the criteria to judge them are just too different for me(live-action acting, voice acting only, animation, gameplay, graphics, reading, viewing panels etc) to make a list that includes everything in there and be consistent.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do you put any self-imposed restrictions onto yourself when making your favorites lists?

JKKH - Apr 13

30 by Anjuro »»
6 minutes ago

» Eiichiro Oda and Toei Animation have been keeping a huge secret.

Gashadokur0 - 52 minutes ago

3 by Catalano »»
10 minutes ago

» What's a scene from an anime that you wish you could re-experience for the first time?

bucciest - 6 hours ago

11 by FZREMAKE »»
11 minutes ago

» So we gotta talk about Ono Kensho...

ZeroMajor12 - 19 minutes ago

0 by ZeroMajor12 »»
19 minutes ago

» when was the last time you truly fell in love with a character and vice versa?

ame - 4 hours ago

13 by kagamiiin »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.