Forum Settings
Forums

when was the last time you truly fell in love with a character and vice versa?

New
May 24, 11:30 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
i havent been feeling the characters, any characters lately but if i look back - the last anime where i truly found a character lovable was probably Himmel from Sousou no Frieren - idk lately the characters arent vibing for me

and last character that got on my nerves or might i say, characters were the ...girls from Hibike Euphonium..esp Asuka and Reina...cant remember when was the last time i hate a female characters..but here we are
i wish you love
May 24, 11:41 PM

May 2020
Tbh, it has been a while. I was expecting Jolyne to assume her throne as the queen of shounen girls but that didn't happen xD It has been a while but maybe I'll go with Arakata Reigen from Mob Psycho. A really human character you just can't help but root for, even if he is a bit of an ass.
May 24, 11:44 PM

Jul 2021
uh what do you mean by vice versa lmao

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 24, 11:45 PM

Aug 2018
Recently, I read and watched Monster, and I must say I love Grimmer.

Initially, I hated Lunge, but in the end, he redeemed himself.
May 24, 11:49 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to TsutanaiFuun
TsutanaiFuun said:
i saw the title and actually laughed out loud
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night

Removes the colours from our sight

Red is grey and yellow white

But we decide which is right

And which is an illusion.
May 24, 11:55 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to cyandaqil
TsutanaiFuun said:
i saw the title and actually laughed out loud
@cyandaqil right? that's what made me open this thread haha

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 24, 11:59 PM

Jun 2011
I like Lily from Spy Kyoushitsu and Yuzaki Nasa from Tonikaku Kawaii a lot, but I wouldn't say I love these characters. I watched those shows like 2 months ago.

Maybe Katagiri Yuuichi from Tomodachi Game, he's pretty cool, I watched the show half a year ago.

To go further back, it's Medusa from Doupo Cangqiong, watched the show a year ago.

I don't think any of these crack my top 10 or 20 characters list though.

As for characters that I don't like, just pick anyone from Mushoku Tensei. I don't think that show has any likeable characters.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 25, 12:20 AM

Feb 2020
Last year. Elda from Edomae Elf. I really like her character.
May 25, 12:39 AM

May 2019
Leina Vance from the Queen's Blade.
May 25, 1:37 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to TsutanaiFuun
@TsutanaiFuun Was about to ask the same, lol. OP might be more delusional than I deemed possible.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 25, 1:45 AM

Feb 2020
Well my waifus absolutely love me, that's a given.
I don't tend to fall in love with characters easily or often, but the last one probably was Valkyrie from Bikini Warriors.

I think reverse would be Elaina from Wandering Witch. I liked her for a hot minute until she turned into a narcissist basically.
May 25, 2:00 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to TsutanaiFuun
@TsutanaiFuun i'm tempted to reply to that vice versa bit just so someone can take op seriously hahaha
May 25, 3:04 AM

Dec 2023
and vice versa?

Just going to assume you meant *et cetera for peace of mind. (•⊙ω⊙•)

Yatora Yaguchi comes to mind as a character I comprehensively appreciate. A long-running position normally held by Taichi Keaton, so it's been a while!
May 25, 3:38 AM

Jan 2008
I guess Mamimi from flcl which would've been last year, but Kirino from Oreimo has been my one and only for 14 years :3
Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes...just be an illusion...
May 25, 4:25 AM

Aug 2019
Jogo from Jujutsu Kaisen for a mix of several reasons. one is that he is such a non-serious character and was funny as hell to watch every time he was on screen (plus his voice was goofy as well). two is that he actually is relatively strong compared to other sorcerers in this series making his fight scenes fun to watch as well. Overall, his character is super entertaining and a character I fell in love with when I started the series.
"The absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence."
May 25, 4:36 AM

Aug 2021
First: Krista Lenz form AOT, though I'd say there are characters with even more charm (Like Kurumi)

Last: Irina Shidou from HSDXD,
She's just very sweet and adorable, puts on the cutest hairstyle ever (Twintails!)
Entity72May 25, 4:41 AM
May 25, 5:00 AM

Mar 2012
Conrad Weller is the last character I fell in love with, I first watched the anime back in 2006. Could never find any other character that I love more him and now I just watch and forget, I just can't seem to get myself deeply involved in any character or anime.

As for hated character, I hate Lum from Urusei Yatsura which is currently airing.
May 25, 5:09 AM
May 2021
-The last character with that I fall in love was the Detective Conan casting,and specially Conan,Ran,Hattori and Kogoro.I started this sublime piece the last week of december 2023.
-So my last waifu was and is also Ran since this time.
-And the last character that I truly don't like🤢🤮😡was ALL Hibike Euphonium casting, especially KUMIKO,and the blonde girl (except my Queen ASUKA💙, and Taki sensei). I saw this anime the last july.
May 25, 1:45 PM

Jul 2016
Smile and Peco, Ping Pong the Animation.
May 26, 9:49 AM
Feb 2024
<Keep in mind that I'm watching anime only since autumn 2023.>

About 5 months ago, I guess. Ace from One Piece, and he is still in my heart. I watched plenty of anime after it. And only once I had a kinda similar, but less intensive, feeling. For Ash Lynx from Banana Fish, last month. Recently I can't find such engaging shows, not to mention touching characters.
May 26, 11:49 AM

May 2021
yujiro ig. Recently Toji also awakened something in me, as I never really cared about him before.
May 26, 12:22 PM

Feb 2011
vice versa

The last time a character truly fell in love with me was in Fall 2022.
May 26, 12:41 PM
Apr 2024
I don't think I've ever truly been in love with a character. I might have liked them, but not to the point of infatuation. If I had to pick someone, it would be Kyouhei Takano from Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge. I recently rewatched the anime and found myself really liking him again.
May 26, 3:14 PM

Oct 2013
Vice versa? So fictional anime characters can fall in love with real people? o_0

Anyway, to answer the main question, I never fell in love with any anime character.
May 26, 3:15 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is what made Asakura my favourite character.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 26, 4:03 PM
May 2021
2017 to current.

Alicetaria February

From then till now she's been my #1
May 27, 1:56 PM
Nov 2023
The term 'loveable' can be portrayed as a single character with sweet and endearing qualities. However, the question would change if we were to look at 'loveable dynamics' between characters. The relationships and interactions between various characters is the essence of anime itself, not only to keeps plots moving forward, but to see the emotional depts and growth from these characters. It's through these connections that we understand a character on a human level. We've seen many main leads find their tribe and in this process their own qualities, strengths and weaknesses are highlighted, all at once. These are common troupes for anime such as: Fairy Tail, One Piece, and most recently, Wind Breaker. Interesting characters alone, but exciting warriors that draw strength from their colleagues.

An example of this 'loveable dynamic' would be Tanjirou Kamado and Genya Shinazugawa's friendship during 'Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen' (Demon Slayer: Sword-smith Village Arc).

- SPOILERS AHEAD - PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

At first we see only Genya as an unapproachable and angry character, while Tanjirou is continuously polite, overly positive (at times socially dense) and selfless. The two could not be more different, and yet, through their hilarious conversations, we see Tanjirou work hard to ease pass Genya's exterior.

During the Demon's attack on the Swordsmith Village, Genya is frustrated and in a display of dominance, he takes Tanjirou by the throat and shouts his motivations in becoming a Hashira. Only for Tanjirou to wholeheartedly respond that both he and Nezuko would be there to support him. This leaves Genya dumbfounded, yet Tanjirou continues to focus on the demons before them and entrusts Genya to find the main body as Tanjirou and Nezuko protect him. Paying no mind to Genya's sudden 'Demon-like' appearance, his confidence in Genya never weavers. Even as Genya is about to be beheaded by the 'Anger-Demon', he all but accepts his death, but Tanjirou protects his friend and beckons him not to give up. This one act rekindles his resolve to fight (Episode 6).

Genya hadn't experienced such an encouraging presence since he was a child. After the traumatic events of loosing his Mother and five younger siblings, then being abandoned by his elder bother, Genya's only drive fell under gaining power and proving himself to Sanemi Shinazugawa. Ever longing for the brotherly bond they once had. Which was why Tanjirou's influence was so impactful, he was speechless towards Tanjirou's sudden and radical acceptance.

After this, the audience sees Tanjirou, Nezuko and Genya fighting side by side, as a proper unit. Acknowledging each other's strength, protecting and openly worrying for one another. Genya even takes it a step further on two accounts in risking his life to save Tanjirou's.

First, when Genya had been saved by Tanjirou, only for him to be left open to the 'Sad-Demon's' attack. Without hesitation, Genya leapt in the way and was punctured repeatedly, leaving gapping holes throughout his body. His ability allowed him to gain demonic regeneration (excluding the nape of his neck) and increased his muscular strength after eating their flesh. Genya was physically able to take the blow, and out of respect for Tanjirou, he acknowledged that he was the only one with the strength to take down the 'Main-Body Demon' (Epsidoe 6).

Second, when Tanjirou was being suffocated by the enlarged 'Main-Body Demon'. Genya tried desperately to remove the Demon's hands from Tajirou's throat and head, he even braced a close range sound attack, but never let go. He refused to leave his friend behind to die. Simultaneously, Nezuko set the demon ablaze and Genya was able to remove one of the Demon's arms. Now on fire, Genya still calls out to Tanjirou, who continued his assault on the 'Main-Body Demon' (Episode 11).

These heroic sentiments were unthinkable for the self-centred and hostile Genya Shinazugawa, that cared for no one. After such a short time with Tanjirou, his true nature came to light from his actions, not his words.

In the end, Genya was truly happy and smiling for his friends that had both survived. Genya was unable to protect his younger siblings in the same way, however, he held no resentment towards Tanjirou and Nezuko for still having family. This impressive character development only came about, because of the positive influence Tanjirou had on Genya, and from Genya overcoming his self-doubt and providing the crucial support Tanjirou needed.

This (to me anyways) is a 'loveable dynamic', where two different characters can bring out the best in one another.
May 27, 7:01 PM
☆RetroRice☆

Oct 2023
Ngl when I watched Lodoss war for the first time a few months ago I had a small crush on deedlit. Also what does vice versa mean???

“OH BOY BOTAN FROM THE HIT ANIME SERIES YU YU HAKUSHO JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH ME”
May 27, 7:27 PM

Oct 2013
Everyone asking about the vice versa thing..I'm going with the assumption they meant a character that you really hated from the context of the actual post.

I don't think I've had a character that I "loved" rather than lusted over. I suppose the female characters in my favorites are the closest to that. I liked the new girl in Persona 5 Royal, but I mostly chose her route because it was necessary for the new content.

Last character that annoyed me would be the slime in Ragna Crimson. I don't often drop something because of a single character, but I couldn't listen to that anymore. I might pick it back up at some point though.
FanofActionMay 27, 7:34 PM
May 27, 7:29 PM

Jul 2021
I think last time I got in love with a character was with tadaima okaeri! hikari is the best kid, he is so cute and genuine, I can't help but smile and wish I could have a kid like him (even tho I don't want to have kids lmao)...

Now, hating a character is kinda hard for me... I can't remember any other than Excalibur, from soul eater, and I watched that back in 2020 if I'm not wrong...
May 27, 7:30 PM

Jun 2020
I have been binge reading Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle lately and part of that is because it is so heartwarming to see the captive princess Syalis slowly grow close to all of the demons.
May 28, 3:53 AM
May 2024
The first time I watched Howl's Moving Castle and From Up On Poppy Hill, I instantly fell in love with Howl and Shun. ♥

More topics from this board

» Do you guys like any of the 4kids openings

HattoriSoul - Sep 13

29 by RareAnimeHunter »»
3 seconds ago

» Do you dislike low-resolution anime shows? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

65 by ColourWheel »»
28 minutes ago

» Underrated villains

JoeChip - 10 hours ago

17 by Quadruple_Oi »»
34 minutes ago

» Isekais that you think are actually good and why

IpreferEcchi - Sep 16

48 by MogKnight »»
46 minutes ago

» Anime with best sound tracks!? ( 1 2 )

l_Photon_l - Yesterday

50 by Syrian187 »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.