Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 11, 2020 6:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, out of the characters introduced so far, that Kouno Miyako girl has my attention.

This is an idol show so I did expect a colorful cast. First episode introduced a bunch of them at once. The animation quality looked nice I guess but I think the music is where will make this anime shine the most.

Jan 11, 2020 6:36 AM

Jan 2015
22/7 is already trending in Japan (Twitter), wow
Jan 11, 2020 6:38 AM

Nov 2010
Although I heard that 22/7 are voice actors, the rendering in this show was quite poor.
Jan 11, 2020 6:55 AM
Aug 2018
The first screen and some others were okay, like when they fired her because she couldn't fit into the workplace - that had some reality in it.
But the nonsense scenes just made this look very very stupid. :(
It looked good, but I'm disappointed.
Jan 11, 2020 9:19 AM

Apr 2012
God the voice acting is horrible
@inuvivo on twitter!
Jan 11, 2020 9:38 AM

Aug 2011
For the love of god, that voice acting... it's beyond hilarious.
The episode itself is meh at best.
Jan 11, 2020 9:38 AM

Apr 2012
Xenocrisi said:

Did you expect something else? This is one of the most anticipated shows of the year.

inuvivo said:

They didn't professional seiyuu.
Jan 11, 2020 9:45 AM

Aug 2013
Honestly, it wasn't a bad episode. I'm looking forward to their songs.

Jan 11, 2020 10:02 AM

Feb 2013
RobertBobert said:
Xenocrisi said:

Did you expect something else? This is one of the most anticipated shows of the year.

inuvivo said:

No, they did enter a Seyuu school before, and after they had a teacher as well.
Jan 11, 2020 10:04 AM

Dec 2014
Surprisingly decent, quite intriguing. I've seen a decent amount of idol shows but this definitely felt way different compared to anything else in the genre. At the very least the first episode had a way different atmosphere.

Curious about the door, wonder if the series will actually have some sort of super natural element.

I thought the narration and characterization was quite nice and while it feels grim at times, the little flashes of Miu smiling do feel hopeful.

The meaning of 22/7? It's Pi, just saying. xD
Jan 11, 2020 10:09 AM

Apr 2012
Nemesis16 said:
RobertBobert said:

Then why, like Revue Starlight, their work sound like cameo of non-VA?
Jan 11, 2020 10:32 AM

Mar 2014
i believe this idol project has been developing since 2017 right? damn godly awful performance to some of members and the main's voice fits more to a 30's female character than a JK high schooler. money wasting on seiyuu courses.
Jan 11, 2020 10:40 AM

Feb 2013
RobertBobert said:
Nemesis16 said:

How should I know? Also, Revue Starlight had all of its members being VA as well even before the anime.
Jan 11, 2020 10:51 AM

Dec 2014
well the protagonist girl has it rough
Jan 11, 2020 11:03 AM

Apr 2012
Nemesis16 said:
RobertBobert said:

How should I know? Also, Revue Starlight had all of its members being VA as well even before the anime.

Really? VA's work in RS was pretty raw.
Jan 11, 2020 11:06 AM

Sep 2017
I'm quite disappointed. I probably shouldn't have much expectation for an idol show but this was the animation quality I was expecting. Somehow Cloverworks managed to make a series of KyoAni-like beautiful shorts while A-1 managed to fuck the main show up by having ugly character design, constantly off-model sakuga and garbage background art.

I also don't like the characters. It looks like half of the cast consists of generic anime girls while the another half a bunch of obnoxious teens (the main girl and the overly serious girl.. They're the most unlikeable.) Not to mention the voice acting... utter trash.

The only thing I liked about this is that the main girl determined to become an idol purely out of spite. But we can pretty much predict how she will be softened and converted by "friendship" or "dream" or any other idol show cliche they've got.
CHCJan 11, 2020 11:11 AM
Jan 11, 2020 12:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode but this is so much depressing, I feel really bad for Miu
Jan 11, 2020 12:21 PM

Feb 2013
CHC said:
I'm quite disappointed. I probably shouldn't have much expectation for an idol show but this was the animation quality I was expecting. Somehow Cloverworks managed to make a series of KyoAni-like beautiful shorts while A-1 managed to fuck the main show up by having ugly character design, constantly off-model sakuga and garbage background art.

I also don't like the characters. It looks like half of the cast consists of generic anime girls while the another half a bunch of obnoxious teens (the main girl and the overly serious girl.. They're the most unlikeable.) Not to mention the voice acting... utter trash.

The only thing I liked about this is that the main girl determined to become an idol purely out of spite. But we can pretty much predict how she will be softened and converted by "friendship" or "dream" or any other idol show cliche they've got.

A series of "kyo-ani" like happened because Yoriguchi was the animation director and character design but in the anime they aren't. It has nothing to do with A-1.
Jan 11, 2020 12:28 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
RobertBobert said:
Xenocrisi said:

inuvivo said:

I disagree, the group was formed in 2017, and they have been training voice and acting since then. also, they have for near a half a year a program in Tokyo MX were they need to voice acting the entire show so saying that they are not professionals is an error since they are getting paid for that labor

Jan 11, 2020 12:31 PM

Apr 2012
Pipe said:
RobertBobert said:

I disagree, the group was formed in 2017, and they have been training voice and acting since then. also, they have for near a half a year a program in Tokyo MX were they need to voice acting the entire show so saying that they are not professionals is an error since they are getting paid for that labor

In this case, I meant that this is not their full work, so their recording may not sound too perfect compared to the usual AAA anime. However, I have not watched the episode yet, so the comments simply could give me the wrong impression.
Jan 11, 2020 12:39 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
ButtSlapper said:
i believe this idol project has been developing since 2017 right? damn godly awful performance to some of members and the main's voice fits more to a 30's female character than a JK high schooler. money wasting on seiyuu courses.

I thought I was the only one that noticed. I watched it live with all the boom and the trends and it was very disappointing. The main character voices' do not fit the design of the characters. So far a very average show

Jan 11, 2020 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
All girls are cute except the annoyingly loud ones (Jun, Miyako) and that rude bish Nicole (her looks are 10/10 though).
Miu is the best girl so far, she really had it hard. Her coworkers are real pos - can't keep their f-g hands to themselves and then have the audacity to complain to the manager they are afraid? Whaat
Jan 11, 2020 12:53 PM
Apr 2017
Plot is out there but I still see potential in this anime. Characters are meh beside Miu but I guess she is the main character so she will get development first.
Jan 11, 2020 12:53 PM
Apr 2018
Idk if I'm weird but voice acting wasn't really problem for me. It wasn't the best but it didn't make me wanna close it. I'm not CGI fan but if they limit it as in Zombieland I can bear it. Visual was good. Also the thing with "Wall" was a bit of surprise but let's see what it brings. Confused feelings atm. High hopes for next episode.
Jan 11, 2020 1:10 PM

Jul 2017
So a show about an Idol group, starring the idol group, one of the members of said idol group is leaving the group and it has some supernatural element attached to it?

not sure how this is gonna play out, Miu seems like a good protagonist though, not about the whole "nakama power" jazz that almost every idol show has, I like that not giving a shit attitude.

VA performance was bad as expected. About as much expectation as what you'd find in films

RobertBobert said:
Pipe said:

In this case, I meant that this is not their full work, so their recording may not sound too perfect compared to the usual AAA anime. However, I have not watched the episode yet, so the comments simply could give me the wrong impression.

It's the same level of performance you'd find in movies tbh (although slightly better I'll say)
Jan 11, 2020 1:11 PM

Aug 2013
I guess I got too hyped up for this episode/anime, and it ended up just disappointing me.
Can't complain about animation, it was pretty good.
Voice acting was okay-ish, Miu being, shall I say, emotionless in speaking (especially at the end) was something that surely pushed me away from taking her even remotely seriously. Others are, well, also less fitting to how you'd imagine their voices to be.

Also reminds me of AKB0048, which wouldn't be a bad thing if not horribly executed...
RavenSinnerJan 13, 2020 4:03 PM
Jan 11, 2020 1:29 PM

Dec 2018
I don't really understand? I feel like this was paced way too quickly, and what even is that supernatural event?
Jan 11, 2020 1:36 PM

Mar 2019
Really like their music, the OP and ED was great. Looking forward to see and learn more about the characters
22/7 > π
Jan 11, 2020 1:42 PM

Mar 2019
The first episode definitely caught me off guard.
I didn't expect to like this as much as i do, but the art is amazing, and despite the amateur-ish sounding voice acting, the characters are good and especially Miu.
Her VA fits her character extremely well, with the shy tone fitting Miu's shy and cold attitude perfectly.
i'm definitely looking forward to more episodes.
Jan 11, 2020 1:44 PM

Apr 2015
I am not feeling this atm, I will give it a few more episodes and then I will see...

The 'humorous' scene at the zoo was just cringe.

Aside from that, the animation is decent but both OP and ED are pretty solid.

3/5
Jan 11, 2020 2:33 PM

Nov 2012
Miu is one depressed ass idol.
Jan 11, 2020 2:34 PM

Apr 2015
You know the voice acting's terrible when even a western thread has problems with it.
Jan 11, 2020 3:10 PM

Feb 2014
mostly watched cuz 22/7 is my bday. but seems interesting too
Jan 11, 2020 3:16 PM

Sep 2012
Man I wished that would turn into a death survival thing now given the last scene... too bad it won't happen
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Jan 11, 2020 3:27 PM

Dec 2017
i lost my job at the warehouse, so instead of searching for a new one, i decided to become an idol! i do it for my fam!

looks like something i would drop after 3 episodes. will stay a little longer because of the weird supernatural mumbo-jumbo
Jan 11, 2020 3:46 PM

Nov 2017
One of the most entertaining first episode of this season. And after seeing other people reviews I'm starting to question my tastes, like serisouly I hated id:invaded and hanako-san's first episodes that everyone seemed to love.

(btw did not notice the bad voice acting)
Jan 11, 2020 3:56 PM
Apr 2019
Wow, this is the most depressing opening song I've ever heard for an idol anime. Let's talk about that, shall we?

ねぇどうして 生きていかなきゃいけないの
命って何のためにあるの?
Why do I have to live
What is life for?
Jan 11, 2020 4:17 PM

Mar 2019
I love when idol-series are more about the characters, their minds, and their problems... and not just acting and performances...

I hope this continues like this... i dont reallky like idol-series... but i liked Miu and her situation.

The others ares just dust in the ground.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 11, 2020 4:28 PM

Aug 2013
HiddenOne said:
Idk if I'm weird but voice acting wasn't really problem for me. It wasn't the best but it didn't make me wanna close it. I'm not CGI fan but if they limit it as in Zombieland I can bear it. Visual was good. Also the thing with "Wall" was a bit of surprise but let's see what it brings. Confused feelings atm. High hopes for next episode.

I value A1 Pictures way, way more than (if I remember correctly) Mappa. In the end, A1 Pictures was responsible for the best Idol series all time (Idolm@ster).
Myorave said:
For the love of god, that voice acting... it's beyond hilarious.
The episode itself is meh at best.

I didn't have any problem with VA except the main girl. But I'm not sure if it was intended or not. I heard similar voicing for characters like this done by pro seiyuu in the past, so it might be done on the purpose by director.
rsc-plJan 11, 2020 4:35 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 11, 2020 5:06 PM

Jul 2015
That voice doesn't fit the MC at all other than that it was alright I guess
Jan 11, 2020 5:46 PM
Sep 2019
I don't mind that this anime is trying to set itself apart from the stereotypical idol anime, but wow this plot is lame. Here's a wall it told us to do things so we're gonna do it. The wall told us to make an idol group so guess we're gonna do that? Idk why it just said so.

Miu should come off as someone who resents the world because of the position she's in and the things she's forced to do to make it in the adult world as a kid. Instead she reads like shes a 12 year old edgelord that really figured out the whole 'adult' thing. Every monolouge of hers is trying to be so philosophical it's hilarious. It's incredible how poorly written she is.

Introducing all eight of the girls at once was a bad idea. I don't remember any of them well enough and don't really have a reason to care that I don't. Also all of their personalities are pretty cookie cutter anime idol girls for a show that wants to be different: Serious girl who wants to be the best, silly girl for comic relief, overly optimistic girl, mature girl, quiet girl, etc.

All in all pretty disappointing how lame and cookie cutter this was. I know their music is good but this story is just a poor attempt to get more money. 22/7's animated shorts characterized the girls better in one minute than this.
Jan 11, 2020 6:22 PM
Sep 2019
The voice actor just mehh
Jan 11, 2020 7:04 PM

Feb 2017
LOL almost everyone is hating on this anime...
I LOVED IT <3
Jan 11, 2020 7:23 PM

Jul 2009
I don't really notice what people are saying about "bad voice acting" but maybe it's just that I'm used to their voices from watching them as Vtubers for a while now. Well, except Nicole's since her original VA got sick and had to be replaced. I hope Uta Kawase can be the cute Nicole too and not just serious Nicole, though, because she's cute doing the "niconicorunrun nicorunrun" thing.

TheUnknownKnown said:
Wow, this is the most depressing opening song I've ever heard for an idol anime. Let's talk about that, shall we?

ねぇどうして 生きていかなきゃいけないの
命って何のためにあるの?
Why do I have to live
What is life for?

Most of their songs are little melancholy. This has been something of a trend with Akimoto-produced groups lately (Keyakizaka, Last Idol, etc), but I like it for some reason.

誰も、未来を信じない
Jan 11, 2020 7:36 PM

Sep 2017
Nemesis16 said:
CHC said:

A series of "kyo-ani" like happened because Yoriguchi was the animation director and character design but in the anime they aren't. It has nothing to do with A-1.

I believe studios are going to be ultimately responsible for what people they put on what position. TV anime is commercial production after all, not purely an individual artistic creation.
Jan 11, 2020 7:54 PM

Apr 2013
Interesting start for sure ... The song is very AKB-ish just as expected. Story is a bit darker which I didn't expect.
Jan 11, 2020 8:15 PM
Oct 2019
i think they tried to do waaay too much in one episode. i get that this is the set up episode but it just feels all over the place. I think instead of trying to cram everything in all at once, they could have just picked a few important threads and fleshed them out more, which would fix the rushed pacing. i mean it's only the first episode and they've already introduced 8+ characters???? which i mean if you've followed the project prior to the show you already know the girls, but if you haven't then that's a lot to take in. anyways i was looking forward to this but now i'm worried.
Jan 11, 2020 8:16 PM

May 2010
Hm...Miu character design and voice kinda like Mikoto Urabe. Other than nicole everyone is ok.
Jan 11, 2020 8:53 PM

May 2018
Wait, an underground base AND some kind of weird statue thing that spits out orders?

Huh

alright, lets roll with that
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 11, 2020 9:00 PM
Oct 2017
The animation looks fine, but the voice acting sounds awkward... really awkward (except for Fujima Sakura's voice acting, that one sounds fine to me)

edited:

IM@S CG producer choose their idol based on their smile
22/7 producer choose their idol based on a freaking wall decision
Arif1999Jan 11, 2020 9:27 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » the best character in the group

NanaPirro - May 2

1 by Yinkie66 »»
May 7, 11:37 PM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

51 by bushman66 »»
Aug 21, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2020

60 by Nurguburu »»
Apr 26, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

40 by EmiliaHoarfrost »»
Dec 18, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

25 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Sep 27, 2022 3:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.