Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 25, 2020 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They're putting a lot of pressure onto the idols now that there's a set date for their show.

A reality for idols tbh. It shows that being an idol isn't just a hard hard one but once you become an idol, it's even harder to be one. Miu and the others better get used to this.
Jan 25, 2020 6:43 AM

Nov 2010
So, the wall got the icon:

and art saved the day.
Jan 25, 2020 8:04 AM

Aug 2013
Not bad for their debut concert.

Miu was great when she played the piano and saved the concert. She just needs confidence.

Jan 25, 2020 8:15 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They had some issues during their first concert but Miu saved them, it was pretty good to see her more confident than usually.
Jan 25, 2020 8:25 AM

Jul 2009
I felt very emotional when they started singing Boku wa Sonzai shiteinakatta. I love that song so much.
誰も、未来を信じない
Jan 25, 2020 8:56 AM
Nov 2019
I don't normally watch "idol" anime and gave this a chance due to the plot twist of the wall and it's better than I expected. Songs weren't bad either.
Jan 25, 2020 9:05 AM
Apr 2017
WHY iS SHE BREATHING SO LOUD????????????
Jan 25, 2020 9:41 AM

Jan 2015
Who thought it would be a good idea to have a dialogue over a song? Lmao

But, I love Boku wa Sonzai shiteinakatta so... good episode
Jan 25, 2020 9:56 AM

Nov 2015
The CGI in the performance looked nice actually, I expected it to look worse. Also Miu playing the piano made me happy.
Jan 25, 2020 11:07 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, I really liked it.

I wonder if the wall knew that the sound system would go broke. (:

The songs are really nice, I really liked Boku wa Sonzai Shiteinakatta. I'll probably listen to it more now.
The moment where Miu started playing the piano was wonderful. Given that she plays so well, I'm curious if she was a piano player before and then quit.

Miu's words at the end had a lot of heart, made me happy.

What's with that post credit scene? The wall's true identity is a cat? xD
Jan 25, 2020 12:04 PM

Mar 2019
Miu is finally starting to break out of her shell, and that makes me so happy.
The CG was handled pretty well imo, and this week's episode was a great one.
That mini cliffhanger has me on edge with how Miu's mom will react to the whole idol thing, so i'm looking forward to next week's episode.
Jan 25, 2020 1:17 PM

Aug 2013
Their singing voices are freakin awesome. I've even got goosebumps.

Dodokoce said:
The CGI in the performance looked nice actually, I expected it to look worse. Also Miu playing the piano made me happy.

Yeah, because they used 2d on closeups.
rsc-plJan 25, 2020 1:30 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 25, 2020 1:32 PM
Nov 2019
It did seem convenient that there was a piano at the side of the stage when they were discussing the sound system being faulty - almost if the wall had planned it to bring Miu out of her shell and raise her confidence.

Looks like Miu has a few fans in the group.
Jan 25, 2020 2:18 PM

Nov 2012
Miu's inner dialogue makes me wanna kick a kitten or punch a puppy. It's maddening! The thing is that her inner turmoil and extreme insecurities are what makes Nanabun interesting and different.
Jan 25, 2020 2:31 PM

Oct 2010
Legendary episode from the creators of
'My sound system is broken but microphones still work somehow'
Learn to a-capella, girls.
Aoiiiiiii Toriiiii~~~~~~
Jan 25, 2020 2:54 PM

Oct 2010
I guess only the speakers for the backing track broke lol.

Also any other piano players notice how awful that piano was drawn? It had 10 or 11 octaves and the keys on the left were messed up entirely lol.

Anyways, episode was strong.
Jan 25, 2020 2:54 PM
Dec 2019
I felt very emotional when they started singing Boku wa Sonzai shiteinakatta. I love that song so much.
Jan 25, 2020 2:55 PM
Dec 2019
Jan 25, 2020 3:02 PM

Oct 2018
This was actually good!

I was gonna drop the anime after this episode, if it had followed the pace of the previous ones, but I will give it some more episodes. I might actually complete it, who knows.
Jan 25, 2020 4:15 PM

Jul 2017
still have no sensible idea why Miu was decided to be center but hey, the Wall's Order is absolute amirite

The singing isn't too bad, the CG was pretty bad though
Jan 25, 2020 4:47 PM

Oct 2011
That CGI gave me flashback to first season of Aikatsu... which makes sense but also is jarring with rather nice looking designs.

Oh well, at least music is pretty great so far, Miu stars getting stuff done and it still looks promising.
Jan 25, 2020 8:56 PM

May 2018
Okay I really lvoe the music on this one, and Miu saving the performance by playing the piano was really great!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 25, 2020 9:52 PM

Mar 2019
I dont like Idol series...
I dont have a favorite Idol...
I dont like the CGI or animation they usually use in Idols series while dancing..

But somehow im liking this...

I love the Piano, so i Loved the Piano song... We definitely need more OP/ED Piano songs.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 25, 2020 10:00 PM

Jun 2019
I'm liking this show so far. Only problem I've really had so far is that horrible CGI. They looked like robots dancing lol
Jan 25, 2020 10:08 PM

Jan 2011
yeah my only main grips is the CGI is awful over the point about saying it looks shit but at least bang dream and love live managed to make decent looking models these look like a poor mans low poly render which is strange since they still use the animated close ups so it just looks super jarring when they jump between em.

still somewhat stressful episode as you'd expect it wouldn't be a trainwreck of a first live without something going wrong but everyone even the crowd were quite supportive and miu broke out of her shell just a little bit her mom looked so worried about her
Jan 26, 2020 2:02 AM

Jan 2014
"Horrible cgi" ? ..somehow i didn't notice, so looked good enough to me i guess.
Idol show that is not with girls@school before graduating, is that even possible!? Love it!
Solid 8/10 so far for me, looking forward to next episodes, just hope it doesn't turn dark with some twisted meaning behind that wall thing giving orders.

Questioning the MAL rating at 6.56 currently, this show is easily much better than the mediocre Bang dream 3rd season that is currently highly overrated at 7.80, the scores should have been flipped.
ClickNotJan 26, 2020 2:06 AM
Jan 26, 2020 2:05 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty cliché but it was still fun to watch. Good thing their debut went pretty well and I wonder what the blonde wants to tell Miu.
Jan 26, 2020 2:13 AM

Jul 2016
ClickNot said:
"Horrible cgi" ? ..somehow i didn't notice, so looked good enough to me i guess.
Idol show that is not with girls@school before graduating, is that even possible!? Love it!
Solid 8/10 so far for me, looking forward to next episodes, just hope it doesn't turn dark with some twisted meaning behind that wall thing giving orders.

Questioning the MAL rating at 6.56 currently, this show is easily much better than the mediocre Bang dream 3rd season that is currently highly overrated at 7.80, the scores should have been flipped.

I totally agreed with you. Even though I’m a Bandori fan but the ratings are overrated since second season. In my opinion, 22/7 has better plot and characters so far than Bang Dream.
Jan 26, 2020 3:45 AM

Jan 2016
Was planning to drop this if the 3rd episode was bad, and I was actually planning to not even watch it, but thank god I gave it a chance. I liked the music, and I liked how Miu was able to play the piano for that song with barely any practice (how did she even do that anyway?). Looks like I'll be sticking for more.
Jan 26, 2020 5:06 AM

Feb 2019
Dude, this show is so slept on. I think the main reason for the low score is that the first episode was pretty bad at explaining a lot of the concepts and it seemed sort of rushed, but the last two eps have been absolutely fire. I genuinely felt anxious during the performance with Miu looking out for her mother and becoming discouraged. I absolutely love the girls, the art style and character designs, the music, and most importantly, Miu's voice. This is a hidden gem for sure.
Jan 26, 2020 11:34 AM
Feb 2019
😧😭😲😊🥰
Very very beautiful!!!!😊👍
Wonderful!!!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏....
I loved it, loved it, loved it! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤🥰👍
Jan 26, 2020 1:47 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, like most people i was kind of so so on the first couple but this was a great episode. I started tearing up when Miu was playing the piano.

When Akane chastised Miyako for smacking the wall during the post credits she had a great delivery and it made me laugh.
Jan 26, 2020 3:33 PM

Nov 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode, I really liked it.

I wonder if the wall knew that the sound system would go broke. (:

The songs are really nice, I really liked Boku wa Sonzai Shiteinakatta. I'll probably listen to it more now.
The moment where Miu started playing the piano was wonderful. Given that she plays so well, I'm curious if she was a piano player before and then quit.

Miu's words at the end had a lot of heart, made me happy.

What's with that post credit scene? The wall's true identity is a cat? xD

pretty sure she used to play it, she had a kind of piano but sold it on ep1 (?)
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 26, 2020 5:51 PM

Oct 2008
The girls pulled it off!
Nicely done Center Miu Takigawa!
i guess exposure is the only way to improve huh!
5/5.

Jan 26, 2020 9:58 PM

Mar 2008
Miu on the piano was beautiful. Glad their debut concert was successful. I'm lovin this idol anime.
Jan 26, 2020 11:10 PM

Aug 2019
Honestly I feel like Miu is just a tad bit too much of a pushover at times, especially when that blonde girl(can’t remember her name of the top of my head) talks down on her but at the same time i don’t really feel what the blonde girl is saying is too harsh and is mostly just her being blunt. However overall i’m enjoying this show besides the whole concept with the wall being some god type being that the girls have to follow all orders from.
Jan 26, 2020 11:21 PM

Oct 2019
This episode was phenomenal! I sort of predicted the piano would come into play and she would get on it, but that is what I was hoping for. This episode actually made me tear up a little because of how inspirational and amazing it was. I usually don't watch idol animes but this one is probably my favorite so far. The CG does break my immersion at times, but it was handled well.
Jan 27, 2020 12:08 AM

Oct 2013
certified kino episode
Jan 27, 2020 5:00 AM

Mar 2018
sunshine_sakura said:

So much this. The song is beautiful and how they brought it into the anime was great! Really liked it and brought a tear to my eye.
Also the piano part, top-notch feelings!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jan 27, 2020 7:26 AM

Jan 2016
ClickNot said:

I think that's because of Miu's Voice after watching episode 1. They never hear such a unique voice or a new CV. For generic idol fans, they don't like her. For me its new experience to hear something different. This makes me remember actors like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Silvester Stallone or Nicholas Cage. lol.

And for what I understand, Bang Dream is not an idol, they are a band. So I think it's irrelevant to compare. But to compare the story... Maybe people don't like unmotivated depression MC in musical anime from the start. But yeah, Bang Dream is like... just a normal girl but perfect in everything... pretty generic plot for me.

Want to talk about the ships between Miu and Sakura, maybe later. hehe.
Yay!
Jan 27, 2020 11:37 AM

May 2017
Ended up dropping this anime on this episode. The character development for Miyu was nice, but because this is my first idol anime, I was thrown off by the CGI dance performances😂 and some of the early plot points, like the fact that they debuted ONLY AFTER A MONTH, seem a little offensive to the fact that most idols actually train for years before being chosen to debut in a group.
Also, Miyu knowing the piano notes of the song was so silly. Just because you listen to a song on repeat for a month (in order to learn the dance), doesn't mean that you understand the notes that come into play.. but do you I guess.
And the wall is a hilarious idea, and I quite enjoyed it, but the mystery of it is really overlooked in this episode, especially with the placement of a stuffed cat to make it look like it's giving demands rather than a faceless wall. Funny, but not quite my cup of tea. Thought this would be a little more edgy and thoughtful.
Jan 27, 2020 3:41 PM

Jul 2009
demision said:
seem a little offensive to the fact that most idols actually train for years before being chosen to debut in a group.

To be fair, this isn't kpop. What's popular in Japan these days is for idols to be a little bit inexperienced and fans can become their supporter and watch them improve.
誰も、未来を信じない
Jan 28, 2020 1:05 AM

Jul 2017
demision said:
Also, Miyu knowing the piano notes of the song was so silly. Just because you listen to a song on repeat for a month (in order to learn the dance), doesn't mean that you understand the notes that come into play.. but do you I guess.
I think all the idols would have received sheet music. I emphasize in musical theatre, and all our sheet music has the piano accompaniment with it; the best way to really practice singing live is to work with a pianist. That's why it didn't necessarily surprise me that Miu could play by ear, since I assumed she'd already be familiar with the sheet music, as well as having experience with piano prior to being an idol. Idk, that was just my own assumption.

Ironically, this episode was what convinced me not to drop the series. I'm glad Miu's gaining confidence, as I don't think I could stand constantly listening to her mentally beating herself up. It wasn't annoying, I just felt really bad for her. I'm glad that the show seems to be going in a direction where she feels more secure and proud of her talents. Good for Miu!
Jan 28, 2020 7:14 AM

Nov 2017
demision said:
they debuted ONLY AFTER A MONTH

--> because the Wall told them to do that, which is why everybody makes something in the show ^^

demision said:
Just because you listen to a song on repeat for a month (in order to learn the dance), doesn't mean that you understand the notes that come into play

Maybe Miu has Absolute pitch, like some musicians have (I don't know the stats though)

Otherwise, this episode confirms that it is one of my favourite this season!
Jan 30, 2020 4:14 AM

Jul 2017
What a change of atmosphere this episode was, thought I was gonna drop this shit but this episode proved me otherwise.

Miu being brought as 22/7's centerpiece seems to be an even harder job for her, as someone who's a shut-in, it's asinine for her to come out of her own comfort zone.

NGL I'm a sucker for emotional songs, and the music was soooo good. Too bad it's the talents of the girls that will bring them through this farce of ONLY debuting AFTER A MONTH.

Well, as expected of idol shows, the CGI is still questionable to other shows, whether idols in singing and/or band form, but it passes here.

To have a concert/performance THIS FAST was absurd, but the girls pulled it off, if not for Miu's continuous stuttering (with the others' support) and the piano-playing improvisation that somehow was "like magic". Regardless, Miu pulled off an "impressive" feat that anyone could've done, but without perfection, and she did it with humility. Even Saito who had a hard time with her in the beginning, now showers her with praise.

Finally a good episode that I can say, it's worth the 3-episode shot.
Jan 31, 2020 4:34 AM

Oct 2007
Jun put a stuffed toy in front of the wall. Easier to take orders from something cute. :D

only thing I didn't like is why director decided to put Miu sad panda monologue while the song is playing? Made the song difficult to listen to. shit move

Also Miu almost wrecked their first concert, but also she is the one who saved it. Hmm, interesting. :)
Feb 1, 2020 4:12 PM

Mar 2013
Miu is starting to piss me off. She can't do social interactions to save her life yet she joined this idol group. That self-deprecating attitude is annoying. Stop embarrassing yourself woman. At least she managed to do something on the piano.
Feb 2, 2020 5:15 AM

Aug 2018
This is what im talking about
A better episode compared to previous 2

Also im so fucking impressed by their voices its really good af its not that pitchy unlike other idol groups which is unique and their voices really blend together so 10/10 on their song.

On their performance its decent though minimal cgi i give the performance 8/10.

Lastly Miu's piano was incredible!
10/10 on that.

On the other hand...
Holy moly Miyako is so talkative and hyper af.... and i love it xD

Great ep for me
Miu is so pretty when she puts the hair clip
I did enjoyed it
4/5 on this episode
SOP-IIFeb 2, 2020 5:56 AM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 2, 2020 7:15 PM

Oct 2010
Good thing there wasnt any assholes in the crowd.

The first half of the episode was kinda cringey ngl. But thank god for Miu for stepping up !
Feb 8, 2020 3:32 PM

Jan 2016
I'm starting to like the show! But I would have preffered to be abble to listen to the damn songs instead of Miu rambling.

I liked her voice in the ending tho.
TeneffyFeb 8, 2020 4:04 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » the best character in the group

NanaPirro - May 2

0 by NanaPirro »»
May 2, 1:10 PM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

51 by bushman66 »»
Aug 21, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2020

128 by anikevin »»
Jun 11, 2023 10:00 PM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

40 by EmiliaHoarfrost »»
Dec 18, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » 22/7 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

26 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Sep 27, 2022 3:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.