Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 10, 2019 7:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That lick :o

Damn, this episode was kinda hot lol. A somewhat slower episode but still brings a lot of about the personalities of the cast. I'm rather curious to see how much storytelling we can get out of this but it seems the characters are also having fun in their role as ship fighters.

Enterprise is still such a badass.
Stark700Oct 10, 2019 7:54 AM
Oct 10, 2019 8:56 AM

Apr 2010
Prince Eugen already appearing that was fast.
It was an intense fight but it seems the girls where having a hard time.
Hamman going down fast was funny she is the ultimate tsundere and a good character to laugh at, her behaviour i really funny.

Queen Elizabeth coming to have the day is but a bit predictable.
Oct 10, 2019 9:42 AM

Jan 2016
This show is still meh for me, I definitely don't think it's my kind of anime :<

I'm a lil bit like "what the fuck is going on" all the time
Oct 10, 2019 9:47 AM

Sep 2014
Eugen is so good animated, also my girl Hornet showing some mad dodge skills.
Not as good as episode 1 since less Akagi/Kaga
Oct 10, 2019 9:59 AM

May 2013
Finally Prinz my first wife in the game and still favorite shipfu <3

Liked that episode more than the first, despite all the awesome ships appeared this ep I don't really have to say anything negative about the animations. Also lul dat fanservice at the beginning with Laffey and Javelin, they know how to satisfy us shikikans
Oct 10, 2019 10:22 AM

Jan 2015
Well this has much more fanservice than expected lol

The first episode was definitely better, and there was also a huge drop in animation quality in my opinion. Still an enjoyable episode
Oct 10, 2019 10:25 AM

Jul 2019
Prinz Eugen my shipfu is finally here
Oct 10, 2019 10:40 AM

Sep 2015

EroKing gladly accepts these offerings of loli boobs.
Oct 10, 2019 10:50 AM

Aug 2013
That crab though...

Overall, not a bad episode. Enterprise is quite damaged.

Oct 10, 2019 11:02 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Unfortunately this is really feeling like one of those anime where it's basically expecting the viewers to already be well familar with the source material, and for anyone that isn't, well tough luck
Oct 10, 2019 11:07 AM
May 2017
Was enterprises personality always this stoic?
In the game i thought she was more open
Oct 10, 2019 12:00 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Story and fights are still confusing, the animation was pretty nice this episode and we got a lot of fanservice haha.
Average episode, I still hope this will get better.
Oct 10, 2019 12:05 PM

Sep 2014
Good lord that Prinz and all the fan service, this animation is pushing all the right buttons.
Was nice to see Zuikaku in action, she's got some really sweet moves.
Looking forward to more maid action next week ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 10, 2019 12:16 PM

Jul 2014
Biri biri loli Eldridge <3

OMG the Manjuu. I laughed a bit too much when they "towed" Sandy xD... Poor girl.

Camera angle doing a good job again.

So close... I wanted the front view :'(

Freaking crab!...... Laffey's boobs definitely got bigger on that close-up. xD

Eugen is here and it seems that her rigging is not the only sentient thing. Her outfit did some strange things, at one point we had a complete front view of her panties lol. Not that I don't appreciate it, but it was weird.

Tsundere neko maid Hamman <3.... and they sank her. Someone can help her, please? xD

It was nice to see Helena's radar in action. And damn, Helena! Those aren't the kind of panties one would expect you to wear. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shoukaku and Zuikaku <3. It's so great how good this anime looks.

More voice lines and ofc, THE OWARI DA!

Belfast!!!!!!!!!!

EroKing_AS said:

Thank you very much!

Mod Edit: Disabled image tags. One embedded screenshot per post.
SkyLETVOct 12, 2019 9:58 AM
Oct 10, 2019 12:17 PM

Aug 2016
I hate it when they tease me with ecchi scenes but too shy to show the real thing. Strike Witches had it better.
Oct 10, 2019 12:21 PM

Aug 2016
VanishingKira said:
Crab on nipple, that's all I have to say.

They know their target audience.

Also that Prinz Eugen scene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
https://streamable.com/16ekk

What kind of food is this?
Oct 10, 2019 12:52 PM

Apr 2018
"I'm just a passing by maid"

Henshin!

KAMEN RIDER B-B-B-BELFAST
Oct 10, 2019 1:06 PM

Mar 2016
ZuiZui and Enterprise fighting was nice. Forgot how cute and hot the 5th carrier division sisters are lol
Ayanami starting to have second thoughts, and laffey sleeping in the middle of the battle was just lol.
Also, any hammann bulling is welcomed.
Belfast appearing at the end was hype. Best and hottest maid.
Eugen appeared, and of course she loves teasing others.
Also, anime should cease Akagi-Kaga yuri undertones. It’s out of character. Cease. Akagi values Kaga but not to the point that she’s glued to her face and touches her intimately.
Oct 10, 2019 1:06 PM

Feb 2019
this anime has the same problem of series like kancolle and strike witches, lack of focus and ambition, the direction its a complete nonsense collapsing under the weight of having a billion characters but not wanting any one to take the role of a protagonist. Which could work in an ensemble-cast type situation, but ensembles still have individual stories that play out week to week even before moving to the next character(s). We're at two episodes it is not known what drives these girls to fight even though they repeat the same of -"I have to do my best, but I'm slightly hurt so may not be able to do my best, but that's okay because we'll all do our best." so what is supposed to be driving things here? it has the budget to make a decent, how brainless action show... or at the very least to the level of something like Infinite Stratos, but the 'fun' part of the episode is impossible-to-follow nonsense.
Oct 10, 2019 1:27 PM

Apr 2018
Lol, that episode. I honestly didn't expect to find this content :o

Now the cast is more extensive, although I'm worried about that since I've never played the game. Therefore, it is difficult to feel familiar with them.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Oct 10, 2019 1:27 PM

Dec 2017
Wow! That was an AWESOME episode!

-A lot of new characters were introduced
-Finally I could see Hornet fighting
-Entreprise showing that she's not overpowered
-That scene of the katana using planes to increase it's own power was very creative
I can't wait to see Belfast in action
I enjoy lightskyblue

Oct 10, 2019 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
Chikenfrieds said:
this anime has the same problem of series like kancolle and strike witches, lack of focus and ambition, the direction its a complete nonsense collapsing under the weight of having a billion characters but not wanting any one to take the role of a protagonist. Which could work in an ensemble-cast type situation, but ensembles still have individual stories that play out week to week even before moving to the next character(s). We're at two episodes it is not known what drives these girls to fight even though they repeat the same of -"I have to do my best, but I'm slightly hurt so may not be able to do my best, but that's okay because we'll all do our best." so what is supposed to be driving things here? it has the budget to make a decent, how brainless action show... or at the very least to the level of something like Infinite Stratos, but the 'fun' part of the episode is impossible-to-follow nonsense.

So you didnt watch the episode, they said, they fight because they exist to fight, which is true because they are ships from history that were created to fight. They DONT need another reason because this is an adaption from a game about battles between ships that like I said, EXIST TO FIGHT.
They have fights between the factions and vs the sirens, which are the biggest threat and they most likely will team up at the end to defeat them.
And I disagree with you that this show needs a main character, AL has in total like 350+ ships by now, I am happy enough to see them all in action fighting each other, beside Enterprise is kinda the main character of this since a lot of the show is focused on her.

But I have to agree with people in this thread, it must be incredible hard to follow and confusing if you dont know anything about azur lane. This show seems like it was made for fans of the show and not to get new fans into it.
removed-userOct 10, 2019 1:36 PM
Oct 10, 2019 1:41 PM

Nov 2014
Nice to see crane sisters getting attention, I want more Shoukaku! On the other hand I'm a bit disappointed it's Belfast from RN that had a special entrance - I really wished for some Warspite badassery. Hamman and Sandy moments were nice, but only players will appreciate those. Same with Manjuus.
I'm surprised with quality of animation. Not gonna lie, I consider this anime (and it seems some people here agree) as a fanservice for AL players. Stuff like this usually is low budget.
And I'm happy with fanservice scenes obviously :) I actually wish for more of those, especially with Prinz already being here.
JustAnotherShiroOct 10, 2019 1:48 PM
Oct 10, 2019 1:47 PM

Jun 2017
Nice to see that Enterprise is actually beatable when she is not at full strenght. Also lmao at Laffey quitting before the fight even started lol. I hope we get to see her get very serious at least once.
Oct 10, 2019 1:49 PM

Dec 2018
Another fun day at waifu land .The lesbians was playing around!! lewd girls everywhere and no males to be seen!! ,, Exactly how I want it

Love to see my lesbian unicorns happy and excited reaction over seeing the other girls breast ,,, Next time honey try to grab them!! She will love that!!

Great stuff,,Love all the hoot Yuri, and lewd waifus so far as the eye could see ,,You have 9/10 ,,Next week I want more!!!

Oct 10, 2019 2:02 PM

Aug 2018
Güten tag. ARA ARA! Heavy Cruiser Prins Eigen is one of my favorites now.

I-I don't think I have to explain why, right? But still, look at all these shipfu's!
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 10, 2019 2:20 PM
Oct 2019
Great episode, better than ep 01.
Awesome seeing the manjuus, none game fans will really be going WTF.
Poor Sandy and Hamman, I laughed too much.
Not a big prinz fan, but she has some great animation/voice/personality.

Anyway, I got to see the Queen and Warspite, two of my favorites.
Belfast as wonder woman, hahaha wow.

This is definitely a show for the fans. 10/10
Oct 10, 2019 2:21 PM

Mar 2010
Woah was there that many fanservice in previous episode(I only remembered that bob grab)? Didnt notice it before lol.
I liked previous episode more due to more Unicorn time but this was nice too
Oct 10, 2019 2:27 PM

Mar 2019
Animation is pretty good but the story is still confused and boring
There are way too much characters imo I didn't play the game (gfl is way better) so I'm a bit lost
Thats fanservice was nice tho
Oct 10, 2019 2:40 PM

Dec 2016
So I guess Akagi and Kaga's siscon relationship is explained by the fact that there is no commander in the anime, which is why Akagi went even further insane than she already is and is now directing her pent-up yandere autism onto her sister. Poor Kaga...

I enjoyed the action scenes this episode. I inevitably have to compare this to Kancolle, and so far, I think it's better. Ship girls fighting ship girls is way more interesting than ship girls vs mindless Abyssals, and in general I think Azur Lane has a more compelling and diverse cast of characters than the IJN-only Kancolle series did. Enterprise is also a better MC than Fubuki, and I like how she is portrayed as a serious, battle-hardened girl who has underlying issues beneath her tough exterior (as she is in the game too).

I also liked seeing Prinz Eugen and Belfast animated. Hopefully Bismarck soon...

What's the difference?
Oct 10, 2019 2:55 PM

Nov 2016
Needs more Laffey and yuri fanservice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2019 3:20 PM

Dec 2009
It's best to watch this show as a "AL Fanservice" and nothing more. It think the episode was pretty good, good fight scenes.

The main "issue" tho, is that the game has what, 250+ ships? It's not possible to show them all, much less in a show that only 12 eps long.

Oct 10, 2019 3:20 PM

Jun 2016

LOL XD I love her, Laffey is too funny.
Oct 10, 2019 3:28 PM

Apr 2015
The fanservice is top notch, that crab though XD

Still seems a lot of fun to me, just so many characters still, it's kinda hard to grasp all the names... It will come in due time I am sure.

Action was really nice.. Enterprise really is pushing herself to the max.
Oct 10, 2019 3:29 PM

Apr 2013
They sure like to show off Laffey or let Laffey expose offers, not that i mind

Also i like her sleepy attitude, can relate, sleep is more important than the enemy in front of you anyway
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Oct 10, 2019 3:41 PM

Feb 2015
Seems like Sandy is going to be a running gag... I'm okay with this, as long as she graces us with 'watashi wa numbah wan' every once in a while.

J_B said:
It's best to watch this show as a "AL Fanservice" and nothing more. It think the episode was pretty good, good fight scenes.

The main "issue" tho, is that the game has what, 250+ ships? It's not possible to show them all, much less in a show that only 12 eps long.

Agreed, there are waay too many ships, I stopped counting when we reached 300 so you're right, I'm pretty sure we'll only be seeing the popular or meme ships... even then they'll some will probably be reduced to background shots.

Honestly, I just want my girl Deutschland then I can die in peace.

Oct 10, 2019 4:09 PM
Apr 2013
I just don't know... first off, the concept, or rather, the way they implemented said concept of girls transforming into ships is just retarded. If they had just used the girls high School Fleet style, it would've been 100 times better. Apart from that, if you just completely log out of the whole ship fiasko and just watch it as a random battle anime with girls, it is pretty enjoyable.
Oct 10, 2019 4:33 PM

Jan 2009
meh might as well continue watching just for the fanservice lol

that Eugen woman and Hornet girl (sister of Enterprise) are sexy hot
Oct 10, 2019 4:42 PM

Oct 2007
Laffey might be sleepy, but she's good at noticing things. Funny, they have birds as the rescue squad.. not a gamer, so it's the first time to see them.

Poor San Diego got wrecked. Well, she can still sing even without her ship. :)

Kaga is the type that get easily angered. :p
Oct 10, 2019 4:46 PM

Dec 2014
This is absolutely fantastic, they know exactly what they want to get out of it.

To be honest, I think this show has already succeeded cause it made me start the game. xD

The fan service is glorious, mega points for it! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Too many Shipfu's to name, I don't know everyone yet but I'm sure I will soon.

Battle sequences are surprisingly good, the seen where Zuikaku augments her sword was too damn cool.
Great job so far, can't wait for more. Hopefully I'm more familiar with the source by then as well.
Oct 10, 2019 5:10 PM

Dec 2009
Loli Loli Loli Loli Loli Loli Loli Loli Loli Loli Loli Loli yummy
OMAGAD ELDRIDGE
She better be part of the actual show and not just cameo.

Man this whole ep had me lickin my lips and squeeing and having a blast of a time. The plot is still a mess, but the service is AAA+, so i don't even care. I don't even play the game and this shit has me hype as hell lmao! And my god they're trying to jizz all over my ears too, that sound design. Dis show is just a feast of QUALITY CONTENT... they goin all out.
...now just to wait and see if they actually do go MLG shades Prinz Eugen.

Anyone still thinking Azur Lane is anything like KanColle should just give up lol.

SkyLETV said:
Biri biri loli Eldridge <3

OMG the Manjuu. I laughed a bit too much when they "towed" Sandy xD... Poor girl.

Camera angle doing a good job again.

So close... I wanted the front view :'(

Freaking crab!...... Laffey's boobs definitely got bigger on that close-up. xD

Eugen is here and it seems that her rigging is not the only sentient thing. Her outfit did some strange things, at one point we had a complete front view of her panties lol. Not that I don't appreciate it, but it was weird.

Tsundere neko maid Hamman <3.... and they sank her. Someone can help her, please? xD

It was nice to see Helena's radar in action. And damn, Helena! Those aren't the kind of panties one would expect you to wear. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shoukaku and Zuikaku <3. It's so great how good this anime looks.

More voice lines and ofc, THE OWARI DA!

Belfast!!!!!!!!!!

EroKing_AS said:

Thank you very much!

Gochisousama.

(they made the loli chests a tad big)

Mod Edit: Modified quote of an edited post.
TenshoOct 11, 2019 11:34 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 10, 2019 5:26 PM

Jan 2008
Oh my, those Javelin and Laffey lewds. Also Laffey pulling out drinks like it's nothing.

Prinz Eugen finally makes an appearance and also lewd! Iron Blood ships definitely have my favorite designs.

Nice to see they brought Z23 into the fray. Now we have all the starter girls. Hoping we get to see at least one of them retrofit, though I don't think it'll fit into the story.

Helena also finally appears. Probably my #2 under Enterprise.

So many new appearances and they all put a smile on my face. Showing off Queen by showing her fangs first, lol, along side Hood and the maidships.

Great service this show has been.
Oct 10, 2019 6:09 PM

Jul 2014
GenesisAria said:

Laffey's boobs got bigger on that close-up xD.
Oct 10, 2019 6:19 PM

Jun 2013
the fight was good but still not sold on the whole premise
Oct 10, 2019 6:20 PM

Dec 2009
SkyLETV said:
GenesisAria said:
Laffey's boobs got bigger on that close-up xD.

As a lolicon, that is blasphemous to me. lol.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 10, 2019 6:28 PM

Oct 2007
Forgot to say. It seems Laffey does not want Javelin to tell the others about meeting Ayanami before the battle on episide 1 -- so she took off Javelin's clothes when she is about to say something about that. :p
Oct 10, 2019 7:03 PM

Apr 2009
This episode put the Jet Girls temporarily in shame :D
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 10, 2019 7:19 PM

Jul 2019
Was a good eps, the cliffhanger just kills me. I can't wait till the next eps, and to see more Belfast.
Oct 10, 2019 7:22 PM

Mar 2018
This is loaded with action, not that I expected anything different.

Laffey is too good xD

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 10, 2019 7:49 PM

Dec 2015
I really liked the action, really looking forward to the next episode. I'm not really a fan of the extreme fan-service but knowing the target demographic it was expected.

Leave your limits.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2019

133 by Lillie482311 »»
May 5, 7:22 AM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

106 by KOningNoviPoes »»
Dec 28, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

83 by wildhood »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Azur Lane Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2019

96 by Heanworld »»
Nov 22, 2023 6:51 PM

» Character Arizona's voice actress Shirakabe Sawako doing Gravure Modeling

zxcvb321 - Aug 10, 2023

1 by Morty_NL »»
Aug 10, 2023 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.