Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 16, 2017 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, monster girls look great when they dress up.

I thought the episode was okay, cute in the sense that the characters behave very human-like. Seeing Himeno in various type of work clothes is adorable.

I wasn't expecting this episode to have swimsuits though.
Jul 16, 2017 7:11 AM

Apr 2010
Another relaxing episode and the mermaid part was funny.
The class rep didn't like her loss in terms of authority but i guess she learned something.
Hime being a model was nice as well even if she didn't like it that much.
Jul 16, 2017 8:00 AM
Jul 2017
Yep, it's a nice ep. Drawing is nice too.
Jul 16, 2017 8:37 AM

Jan 2015
Every girls HAVE their own secret.
And that visit to 14th High School for Waterfolk, I really hope they doing it again in the future.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 16, 2017 9:15 AM

Jan 2012
No shock Himeno modeled in a magazine considering her big, beautiful tits! Gotta love that yurilicious walking scene of Nozomi and whatsherface clinging to her for warmth! XD Speaking of big, beautiful tits...mermaids! I hope that one becomes a couple with her childhood friend who carries her around. :)
Jul 16, 2017 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
I dont think even fanservice could have saved this anime. I dunno I usually love this kind of stuff but it's not doing anything for me entertainment wise. I didn't even laugh during episode 2. Idk ill give it one more episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 16, 2017 9:41 AM

Jun 2015
So students can get expelled if they work part-time. There were also soldiers guarding the Waterfolk. That is strange. Got to see how they interacted with Mountainfolk. Equality was talked about on TV. The world-building in this episode is quite subtle.
Jul 16, 2017 9:47 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
It bores me so much when this anime tries to deal with society with multiple races
Like, I'm not racist, but recently I've been overthinking
About the concept of society itself
So i'm basically overthinking in a way I can't enjoy the anime's
pictured civilisation

Jul 16, 2017 10:05 AM

Oct 2011
so we finally learn why angels have wings how heartwarming the reason is

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jul 16, 2017 10:17 AM

Jan 2013
Lolsebca said:
It bores me so much when this anime tries to deal with society with multiple races
Like, I'm not racist, but recently I've been overthinking
About the concept of society itself
So i'm basically overthinking in a way I can't enjoy the anime's
pictured civilisation

Oh trust me. We haven't even started with the racism and societies yet.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jul 16, 2017 10:19 AM
Mar 2008
SoraSenpai said:
I dont think even fanservice could have saved this anime. I dunno I usually love this kind of stuff but it's not doing anything for me entertainment wise. I didn't even laugh during episode 2. Idk ill give it one more episode.

I agree 100% . Not sure what this anime is supposed to be; I expected something like demi-chan , but this is neither funny nor "scientific"... Sure the art is kinda nice but that alone isn't enough to keep me watching.
Jul 16, 2017 10:43 AM

Sep 2013
Nice SOL moments, Nozomi the cutest.
Jul 16, 2017 11:04 AM

Mar 2013
I might be the only one here but the music oddly enough reminds me of shiro kuma cafe (well during the beginning). I will admit was not expecting swimsuits this early in the anime. now I have so many questions about these mermaids but I will only ask two maybe some of you can answer.

question 1. how the hell do they put on the bottom half of there swimsuit on?

question 2. why do these mermaids look more like lamias than actual mermaids?

so one thing that I still can't wrap my head around is angelfolk's halo no seriously how do they have halo's? didn't they say that all "monsters" are do to evolution how in the hell do you get a halo through evolution? unless I missed something in which case someone please explain.
Jul 16, 2017 11:05 AM
Sep 2012
I wish this anime would just commit to its stupid setting rather than trying to build in some sort of logical, meaningful world around it. I mean, no one is watching this for serious social commentary, so why bother trying to shoehorn it in? Unless this thing suddenly goes all 180 and becomes really serious, they are just wasting cutesy horse girl screen time. Stuff like Demi and Monster worked because they didn't give a fig about "realism" in their setting, and if anything, it just became part of the humour of the shows.
Jul 16, 2017 11:06 AM
Sep 2012
FallenEntity said:
so one thing that I still can't wrap my head around is angelfolk's halo no seriously how do they have halo's? didn't they say that all "monsters" are do to evolution how in the hell do you get a halo through evolution? unless I missed something in which case someone please explain.

It's just the way their hair looks apparently.
SylverClawJul 16, 2017 10:42 PM
Jul 16, 2017 11:18 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
usually i end up enjoying these monster girls/SOL anime but this one ... its really not doing it for me.

drop.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 16, 2017 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
Better than last episode, but still, everything besides main 'girl' is just bland and foeced. I'm not feeling it at all.
Not mentioning about atrocious art. Next week last chance for this series.

Chartista said:
Drawing is nice too.

Please, don't.

SoraSenpai said:

Basically this.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 16, 2017 11:58 AM

Jul 2008
I would have dropped this by now, but I am going to stick with it for a few more weeks if not for the whole season, only because of the bizarre racial/social commentary element. I don't quite grasp the point of it yet. If things turn on their head and it becomes core to these girls' day-to-day antics, things could get much more interesting very fast. However, as of right now I am getting vibes that it will only exist to spark the hearts and imaginations of an sjw-leaning audience for whatever reason.
Jul 16, 2017 12:20 PM

Jul 2007
Okay episode with yet again below average animation.

I just hope they don't flub adapting the social commentary parts because its easily the best part of this work. Can't wait to see bigots get triggered.

Yet again this deserved a better and more talented animation studio as it is one of THE best manga around.
Jul 16, 2017 12:30 PM

Jun 2016
SoraSenpai said:

I don't really care for fanservice, but I kind of agree with you.

Then I saw someone mention that there may be darker themes here, since we saw government officials in ep 1 and army generals guarding the mermaid school. The infomercials also stressed equality and mentioned discrimination, so I'm hoping we get some commentary on this and it's not just what we got so far.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Jul 16, 2017 12:43 PM

Mar 2017
Ooh. A yuri couple and hetero couple.

Nice world-building. The Swimsuit Scene =👌🏽
    have a berry

good day lol
Jul 16, 2017 1:18 PM

Jan 2013
I like how it's focusing on the differences between races. Fairly interesting so far.
Jul 16, 2017 1:39 PM
Sep 2016
This anime is uh weird I guess.

Like we have an official homo couple without them hiding it.
It should be a SOL but deals with diversity and racism a lot in a kinda serious tone.

I think it's not doing a good job at balancing the fun and light-hearted scenes to the more serious ones and overall the dialogues, not much in episode 1, feels kinda jarring.

I love the themes and I'll keep watching this but I also think the execution is pretty lacking, at least for now.
Jul 16, 2017 2:02 PM

Jun 2013
Another fun episode
Shame that its rated so low.
Jul 16, 2017 2:04 PM

Jun 2013
SylverClaw said:
I wish this anime would just commit to its stupid setting rather than trying to build in some sort of logical, meaningful world around it. I mean, no one is watching this for serious social commentary, so why bother trying to shoehorn it in? Unless this thing suddenly goes all 180 and becomes really serious, they are just wasting cutesy horse girl screen time. Stuff like Demi and Monster worked because they didn't give a fig about "realism" in their setting, and if anything, it just became part of the humour of the shows.

Thats the entire point of the series though... Its not typical moe, it deals heavily with social issues.
Jul 16, 2017 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah so far this show is going with yuri-pandering, some moe, and fanservice as opposed to tackling the obvious social issues that are popping up. Someone in this thread said it but basically this show seems to be "failing" because of its method of execution. Like you have points where it draws you in because it gets kinda deep but then the cutesy crap comes in and debunks it. Like if the balance was more like Maid Dragon then it would work out but idk. I'll give it one more shot to see if they change the formula otherwise it's just a drop.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 16, 2017 3:04 PM

Oct 2010
This show is so weird and awkwardly executed. I love it.

From a review by @DaNtHeMaNsHeRe -
So as a manga reader (...) Centaur's Worries is a slow burn for a while, with a lot of "cute girls doing SoL stuff"(which is very well done), but the thing that kept me coming back chapter after chapter was the sheer breadth and depth of the setting - the glimpses of a horrific history and the extreme modern efforts to prevent it repeating itself, the secretive reptilian civilisation in the arctic and the strange otherworldly beings investigating the world.

However this is definitely a cute SoL series at heart, with lots of cuteness, a little drama, comfy family relationships and fun friendships. As for the characters, they gradually do more to stand out from the crowd of "monster girl anime characters" and their backstories all tie back into the setting in a really neat and cohesive way.

That said, as Fai was suggesting above, if you're interested in that concept but don't enjoy the show, then you should probably drop it and plan to read the manga instead.

FallenEntity said:
question 1. how the hell do they put on the bottom half of there swimsuit on?

They have strings that tie at the sides.

SylverClaw said:
FallenEntity said:

It's just the way their looks apparently.

*their hair
Jul 16, 2017 3:20 PM

May 2015
This is a pretty subtle anime. I find the pacing a little jarring with the brief silent pauses between dialogue, but I can look past that. It's good to see how each race reacts to one another in their own perspectives. It's a cute SoL, but it's also different.

I wanna rest on a Centaur's shoulders. It was funny and cute.

And an angel's wings are merely for decoration (and maybe warmth). Can they fly though? Based on this anime's rules, I assume that they cannot...or maybe there's a rule that they're not allowed to fly...

And the three girls at the end. Hehehe. Why hang out with a girl like that?

"Old friend, Pretty, Big Boobs". Yep...That's all you need.
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:52 AM
Jul 16, 2017 4:56 PM

Jul 2016
Not really enjoying this that much, but the last part was pretty cute and there are some good things about the show. Gonna keep watching because it's so calming and there are some cute and interesting monster designs.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Jul 16, 2017 4:59 PM
Jun 2016
I liked the mertaur model idea :>
Jul 16, 2017 6:00 PM

Feb 2016
So, i'm only 7 minutes into the episode, but doesn't the dialogue seem to have a weird pace to it? Like there's too much of a pause between each line? Am i imagining things?
Jul 16, 2017 7:32 PM

Dec 2016
Every kind of creature has their own kind of problems, I like how they try to address them all in this show so we get to know them better.

Pretty good anime so far, looking forward to the next episode.

Jul 16, 2017 8:11 PM

Sep 2016
I found this gap between legs pretty weird for a mermaid. Nice episode tho.

EDIT: Just noticed, isn't that 1 girl at the back, topless? D:
Jul 16, 2017 8:43 PM

Sep 2015
When the anime you thought you were going to avoid at all costs might end up being one of your favorites for the season.
Jul 16, 2017 10:31 PM

Aug 2016

Safe space: the anime
:v
Jul 16, 2017 10:53 PM

Jun 2013
that was kinda nice
Jul 16, 2017 11:09 PM

Jan 2017
Kinda relaxed story feel to this. Can't say I'm enjoying this like Flying Witch but the stories are short and cute.

Puzzles me that the opening and ending theme... do they have any connection to the show?
Jul 16, 2017 11:36 PM

Apr 2016
Wow, this is going much better than I expected. I'm starting to think this might be pretty good after all! I'm a big fan of slower-paced, relaxing shows, as well as believable well executed fantasy themes and settings, so it's a perfect match for me.

SenpieX said:
I found this gap between legs pretty weird for a mermaid. Nice episode tho.

EDIT: Just noticed, isn't that 1 girl at the back, topless? D:

I'm pretty sure that's a guy, based on the previous scene.
Jul 17, 2017 12:26 AM

May 2017
Vulpix said:
SoraSenpai said:

I agree 100% . Not sure what this anime is supposed to be; I expected something like demi-chan , but this is neither funny nor "scientific"... Sure the art is kinda nice but that alone isn't enough to keep me watching.

Both of you should at least try reading chapter 1 and 2 coz they didn't adapt chapter 1 and 2

It's much more lewder and funnier in the manga

Heard it'll go political beyond chapter 100 and there's some aliens lol
Jul 17, 2017 1:01 AM

Jun 2017
I enjoyed this more than the previous episode. Seeing the centaur soldiers guarding the merfolk school makes me curious if there's going to be any big racial conflicts in the show.
Jul 17, 2017 2:37 AM

Feb 2016
SoraSenpai said:

This is exactly how i feel.

In Monster Musume and Demi-chan wa Kataritai there was a bit of tension because the monster girls were a minority in the human world. When everyone is half-human that is completely lost, and the only subtext still seems to be that weird anti equality bs in the background.

What's even weirder is that these people, who's lived in this world their whole life, acts almost as if they been dropped into it. Nothing feels natural. Everyone constantly comments about the various non-human traits of others, and themselves.
Jul 17, 2017 2:41 AM

Feb 2016
Tarotist said:
I find the pacing a little jarring with the brief silent pauses between dialogue

Phew, i thought i was imagining things.
Jul 17, 2017 4:14 AM

Jan 2016
So demi can still cosplay huh? lol
There's so many character introduction though and it's really confusing. Didn't expect the new girls to be dating wtf..
Jul 17, 2017 7:24 AM

Oct 2008
What a perfectly laid-back episode!
3/5.

Jul 17, 2017 7:36 AM

Jan 2015
HecticLeo said:
When the anime you thought you were going to avoid at all costs might end up being one of your favorites for the season.

i wasnt trying to avoid it, but yeah weirdly enough its one of my favorites this season.
Jul 17, 2017 7:49 AM

Jul 2007
seconds_to_dere said:

Nice buzzword.

There's nothing "political" about social commentary and there's plenty of it from the start. Its literally the main point of the story.
Jul 17, 2017 8:14 AM

May 2017
Fai said:
seconds_to_dere said:

Nice buzzword.

There's nothing "political" about social commentary and there's plenty of it from the start. Its literally the main point of the story.

But that's what I read in the comment section in mangahere, it'll be political and there's gonna be aliens involve
Jul 17, 2017 10:15 AM

Dec 2014
What?! Girl love in this episode? so this is confirm that female in this anime are lesbian?

Only guy is slightly normal. WTF.

Also, Centaur married to a bear-man?! Why female MC is not hybrid?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jul 17, 2017 6:32 PM

Apr 2016
aLotQuestion said:
What?! Girl love in this episode? so this is confirm that female in this anime are lesbian?

Only guy is slightly normal. WTF.

Also, Centaur married to a bear-man?! Why female MC is not hybrid?

He is not a bear, but rather a very hairy centaur, thus the nickname. We should probably see him in the next episode.
Jul 17, 2017 7:59 PM

Jul 2015
It really is a shame this anime didn't take the Demi-chan route, would have been way more interesting had it, but this is still pretty okay as a slice-of-life. Also GAY. And a couple of straight ones here and there but still got some good GAY in there. They should touch on the racist stereotypes and such of their species more.

Only true flaw to this episode... that gap in the mermaid people's leg area..
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2017

69 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

87 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:57 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

126 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:52 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2017

91 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 27, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2017

88 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 24, 2023 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.