Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2017 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, I found this episode/finale's ideas to be strange. It basically took the idea of fantasy RPG themes and transformed it into a story.

There's obvious fan service with the outfits. Oh wait they added tentacle fan service because why not. It felt like an OVA episode rather than a finale imo. I guess the show tried to do something more different. Rest of the epsiode seemed normal enough with the usual slice of life stuff. We even got an arm wrestling contest!

7/10.
Sep 24, 2017 6:30 AM

Nov 2010
Unpredictable as always. Why arm wrestling? It's ok but the tournament consumed half of the show.
Sep 24, 2017 7:13 AM

Apr 2010
Well the arm wrestling competition was a bit strange especially for an ending but it was funny to watch.
The RPG part was better tho it was funny to watch them fight like that, the magic spells took so long and the dance.
Sep 24, 2017 7:49 AM

Mar 2017
This show is so quirky. 8/10 Mainly for the war history episode and little bits of Shoujo Ai.
OPObsessedSep 25, 2017 7:38 AM
    have a berry

good day lol
Sep 24, 2017 8:20 AM

Jan 2015
Whoa, cloth-breaking slime plus booby-sadistic Class Pres. Even though the last one might be too good to be true. xD
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 24, 2017 8:30 AM

Jun 2017
Mediocre end to a mediocre show...
Sep 24, 2017 8:41 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
lol this show was "different" and i fucking loved it<3

underrated af XD
Sep 24, 2017 8:52 AM

Feb 2011
That was pretty underwhelming. It really did feel like an OVA.
Sep 24, 2017 8:58 AM

Jun 2015
This was an odd finale. A fantasy story in RPG style for the first half and an arm wrestling match for the second half. Hime won of course.
Sep 24, 2017 9:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'll pretend that this episode didn't exist.

This show was one big ball of meh, the strength of the show which is the background lore that it SHOULD have focused on the most felt like it went to the backburner for bland character interactions and bland comedy after all.
Sep 24, 2017 9:08 AM

Mar 2013
nooo it's over I hope this gets another season. ending with fan service and arm wrestling wasn't expecting that. kyouko became my favorite character during the rpg skit she did everything at her own pace it was too funny especially during the slime bit you know she wanted to just stand there and watch. quetzalcoatl trying to help by dancing was funny but very effective with the ghost. mitama as the final boss was interesting to say the least. the arm wrestling bit was pretty much only to see who can beat hime, I'm surprised we didn't get one final history lesson. can I just say I loved hime's twintail look I don't know why but I loved it.

not going to lie I'm going to miss this show I hope it gets another season or at the very least some ova's or specials. the one thing I loved about this anime was the world build up giving us history lessons, ways of life, and conflict. The only thing better than that was the overload of cuteness when this anime tried to do cute it didn't just do it, it perfected it leaving you wanting more and that's one of things I'm disappointed with this episode no cuteness with shino or mitama's sister's.

If this does get another season I hope they continue with the world building, explaining the government spying, mitama's family problems, mixed species, sue chans ghost friend (actually I just want to see more of the ghost), how certain species deal with certain situations (like how centaurs put on swimsuits), what I'm trying to say is I need more.
Sep 24, 2017 9:24 AM

Aug 2016
Definitely a disappointing ending to an otherwise great show. The RPG half was just stupid, with pointless fan-service in a show that definitely doesn't need it. The arm-wrestling half was actually quite funny, but it's an odd way to end the series.

Overall, this was the most surprising anime I've seen in a good long while. I only clicked on it on CR as a lark, thinking it was absolutely not my kind of show. But I got hooked. The slice-of-life vignettes from genuinely likable characters mixed well with the compelling lore of the world, along with discussion of mature topics like same-sex relationships and racism. The biggest complaint I have is that it didn't lean into that lore and discussions more often, but I suppose if it became too serious, that would ruin the show.

I certainly hope it gets another season. Why not? 8/10
Sep 24, 2017 9:30 AM

Apr 2014
nice RPG and the second half was nice also, though it sucks the little ones wasnt part of this final ep

but with that said watching this final ep just left me with wanting more of this series so am hoping a season 2 will happen someday

love this series

"one step at a time"
Sep 24, 2017 9:30 AM

Jan 2012
And so we end with a rpg video game-esque parody showing off Hime's big, beautiul tits just like in the opening. I have one major takeaway from this series: that it was actually two series. One of the two I expected and enjoyed. The other I did not. Going in I expected a fun, goofy, adorable, slightly yurilicious cgdct series with monster girls. And for the most part, I got that. Telling scary stories/horror movies, eavesdropping on dates, arm wrestling, spending time with the adorable little siblings/cousins, etc... What I wasn't expecting was a big brother-esque somewhat dark government subplot that felt shoehorned in and was never welcomed or interesting. For the most part it was only mentioned in passing or rose to the surface for a few minutes and then vanished. All of one episode was entirely tonally different from the rest, one: The random nazi-esque concentration camp flashback and toad-man visit episode, or maybe he was a frog I forget. I'd ask why this series felt the need to devote as much of its limited run time to this type of stuff as it did, I'd ask what was the point of it, but I honestly don't care. It detracted from what I wanted, enough said. I'll give this a slightly generous 7/10, but don't really ever see myself watching it again. A shame, that might have been different had the series been show A throughout its run.
animefan8800Sep 24, 2017 9:52 AM
Sep 24, 2017 10:27 AM

Jun 2016
That was an okay finale, but I thought it should've a better finale episode because it's just like a usual episode of Centaur no Nayami. Haha. As always, it's so random.

The first half is full of fanservice, maan, with them wearing a bikini or whatever that called, and Himeno's top melted by the amoeba thing. Haha. I really thought they're playing a video game. It was just for a play and it's just their imagination. Pfft.

Himeno asking the question "Why were we arm wrestling?" is pretty much everyone throughout that arm wrestling scene. Haha.

I have no complaints when it comes to this show entirely since I enjoyed every episode of it and I honestly loved all the characters and the quality of its animation, so 8/10. :)

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 24, 2017 10:42 AM

Nov 2015
I actually want to check out the manga because this whole show was a big pile of WTF. I really don't understand why it was popular enough to justify an anime adaptation. The tone of each story just swings around at random, from ecchi to tragedy, with little to justify any of it at all. Plus the titular centaur, Hime, is dull as dirt.

I did get a laugh out of a reference to "getting cozy ekiben style." I had to look that up and the urbandictionary results were suitably entertaining.

Otherwise, this show was mainly a waste of time and talent.
Sep 24, 2017 11:29 AM
Oct 2007
Well that was anticlimactic. Much like home wondering why she was arm wrestling, I wonder why I kept watching. Average in almost every way. 5/10
Sep 24, 2017 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
I thought this show couldn't have gotten any worse but it managed to prove me wrong. Yeah let's end a mediocre series with fanservice and a random contest that had no real point. I'm sorry but this was just a disappointing series in every possible way even for a Slice of Life/"comedy" series. What would have been a 6/10 from me drops to a 3/10. Worst of the season in my eyes.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 24, 2017 12:45 PM

Sep 2013
RPG storytelling and a arms wrestling match for the heroine role :)
It was comfy 8/10
Sep 24, 2017 12:50 PM
Feb 2014
Zantius said:
I thought this show couldn't have gotten any worse but it managed to prove me wrong. Yeah let's end a mediocre series with fanservice and a random contest that had no real point. I'm sorry but this was just a disappointing series in every possible way even for a Slice of Life/"comedy" series. What would have been a 6/10 from me drops to a 3/10. Worst of the season in my eyes.

That's pretty much what I think but for me it was from 6/10 to 4/10. And it's not the worst of the season for me. I wasn't really impressed by any but still enjoyed some of the episodes.
Sep 24, 2017 12:58 PM

Aug 2016
It's one of those series that no one will get and will, unfortunately, fall to the back of MAL rankings quietly. I won't forget this series though.

I honestly enjoyed the show in its entirety and loved the tonal whiplash. It wanted to convey a lot of messages all at once while trying to keep the interest of the people it was trying to reach as well as the people that were either not looking for lessons or were too unaware of its attempt to convey those lessons. It was a nice, relaxing series for me.

Solid comfy 8/10. It's a shame most won't see this series for what it is.
SaigoKenseiSep 24, 2017 1:04 PM
"To be Great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
SaigoKensei said:
My mistake was assuming they had the same amount of information I had..
Sep 24, 2017 2:18 PM

Jan 2011
One of the very few SoLs I found to be truly unenjoyable.
Sep 24, 2017 3:47 PM

Sep 2010
animefan8800 said:
and toad-man visit episode, or maybe he was a frog I forget.

Uh oh, sounds like someone needs a visit to the correctional facility ;P

Personally I enjoyed the dark bits far more than the rest of the show. The cutesy bits like with Tama's sisters, while adorable, on their own would have made this show another generic moeblob slice of life anime among the 100's of others already out there. But, to each their own I guess lol.

That said, this last episode was a pretty poor way to end the series. Humorous but overly bland for the finale.
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Sep 24, 2017 3:54 PM

Jan 2012
Khaoticsuccubus said:
animefan8800 said:
and toad-man visit episode, or maybe he was a frog I forget.

Uh oh, sounds like someone needs a visit to the correctional facility ;P

Personally I enjoyed the dark bits far more than the rest of the show. The cutesy bits like with Tama's sisters, while adorable, on their own would have made this show another generic moeblob slice of life anime among the 100's of others already out there. But, to each their own I guess lol.

I can never get enough generic moeblob slice of life shows! ;)
Sep 24, 2017 6:04 PM

Aug 2012

Sadistic does fit Manami.
Sep 24, 2017 7:31 PM

Jun 2008
What a crappy end to a good show.
Sep 24, 2017 8:07 PM

Apr 2009
What a silly end to a silly show.
Sep 24, 2017 9:58 PM

May 2015
The first half being an RPG setting with fan service! Why bikini armor? It doesn't suit them! And yes, the truth about casting spells taking forever. And that amoeba giving me Queen's Blade vibes... Manami the dominatrix queen tho...

I liked the second half though. Centaur no Nayami actually was able to fit a full tournament arc in 10 minutes. When Manami won, I guessed "Carrying the kids all day?" and I was right, haha! As for Hime winning, I honestly wasn't surprised. She's a centaur. She's got weight and an extra pair of legs for support. Even if Manami was tough, I doubted that she would have won against Hime. Fun!

An episodic ending to an episodic anime. It had its ups, it had its downs. Some episodes were really intriguing, and some episodes were really dull. Overall, I found it quite enjoyable. Not the best of the season, but certainly not the worst. I'll remember this anime and Manami Mitama as best mom of 2017.
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:56 AM
Sep 24, 2017 11:03 PM
Dec 2015
This should have been a OVA.
Sep 24, 2017 11:06 PM
Dec 2015
IZEROII said:
One of the very few SoLs I found to be truly unenjoyable.
Please tell me other shows which you found unenjoyable.
Sep 24, 2017 11:09 PM
Dec 2015
Zantius said:
If you want r
delta5 said:
I actually want to check out the manga because this whole show was a big pile of WTF. I really don't understand why it was popular enough to justify an anime adaptation. The tone of each story just swings around at random, from ecchi to tragedy, with little to justify any of it at all. Plus the titular centaur, Hime, is dull as dirt.

I did get a laugh out of a reference to "getting cozy ekiben style." I had to look that up and the urbandictionary results were suitably entertaining.

Otherwise, this show was mainly a waste of time and talent.
Don't worry the man gf a is same. It goes all over the place. There is one bit, where centaurs fight for freedom. And another mostly is about shion. The main ladies time is limited in the manga
Sep 24, 2017 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
That was the least impressive ending ive seen in awhile. Not even remotely felt like one. Wanted it to be more serious for the last episode.
Sep 24, 2017 11:42 PM

Mar 2010
This felt so out of place it made me rate it a 6 instead of 7.

It was ok and enjoyable i guess but nothing really stood out aside from the more serious eps
Sep 25, 2017 3:50 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I think they did the arm wrestling to determine who will be the heroine for the play, the reason for the fantasy RPG story proposal in part A.

The only SoL anime this season that I enjoyed. B part was better than A part.

8/10
AntagonizedSep 25, 2017 4:19 AM
Sep 25, 2017 4:06 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, random on random.
Khaoticsuccubus said:
Was more distracted by Himeno's apparent Herculean strength lol.

Now you know.
Antagonized said:
the reason for the RPG game story proposal in part A

For the first episode, where Hime catches "Prince".
Also, is it melted and changed color to Hime's "fur" or what?
Titan of 20+ virgins club.
Sep 25, 2017 7:53 AM
Sep 2010
This didn't feel like a last episode at all... and imo it was the most boring one so far too.

I liked the show tho, especially the sweet characters and world building (like how everything was controlled so that there isn't any discrimination to the point where it was freaking creepy). They also touched the subject of homosexuality, which was cool. Overall a cute anime series, but quite forgettable for me.
Sep 25, 2017 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
Liked this show a lot. It kinda became my dark horse of the season. It did some quite unusual things you don't see too often in anime. If they went a bit further with that and if it would have gotten a somewhat better adaption, it could have been even better.
Sep 25, 2017 2:25 PM

Jul 2009
The last episode should have been different, end it with a arm wrestling was weird...but I enjoyed it, we even got some yuri couples and it was fun to watch. 7/10
Sep 25, 2017 6:32 PM

Jun 2016
I didn't even realize that this was the final episode until the end card. Hmmm, I really liked some of the themes discussed on the show and the characters, especially the French Frog guy, were great, but the regular elements were just okay. I remember someone mentioning that the manga gets really dark for some of their story arcs, so I might check it out eventually.

But the ending was kind of weak.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Sep 26, 2017 12:01 AM

Nov 2009
Not one, but two climatic battles against the class president! Fitting for a final episode. :D
Yes, this anime did a pretty good job translating the manga's atmosphere of randomness. Except it had a big preference for fanservice. Not that I'm complaining.

SaigoKensei said:
It's one of those series that no one will get and will, unfortunately, fall to the back of MAL rankings quietly. I won't forget this series though.

I honestly enjoyed the show in its entirety and loved the tonal whiplash. It wanted to convey a lot of messages all at once while trying to keep the interest of the people it was trying to reach as well as the people that were either not looking for lessons or were too unaware of its attempt to convey those lessons. It was a nice, relaxing series for me.

Solid comfy 8/10. It's a shame most won't see this series for what it is.

Very much agreed.

delta5 said:

I assure you, the manga provides even more delicious WTF moments. Since you have YKK and Nichijou in your favorites, I expect you to like it.
Why is it popular enough?
1) After Life with Monster Girls, shows about not-quite-humans became popular. Like Demi-chan in spring. And this one is one of the best.
2) Because it is very much seinen. It talks about difficult topics, and allows the reader to make his/her own conclusions.
3) Cute catgirls and sexy centauresses don't hurt.

Tarotist said:
The first half being an RPG setting with fan service! Why bikini armor? It doesn't suit them!

Because it's Akechi the class pervert who wrote the scene. Even though she is supposed to be a clothes enthusiast.

Xasthur said:
Also, is it melted and changed color to Hime's "fur" or what?

Looks like just different lighting to me. The corridors are lit by orange torchlight, but the throne room seems to be lit by "daylight" lamps.

Antagonized said:
I think they did the arm wrestling to determine who will be the heroine for the play

There is something wrong with determining the heroine of the play with arm wrestling.

animefan8800 said:
toad-man visit episode, or maybe he was a frog

He is an "amphibian". His kind used to be called "frogfolk" in the past, but according to "scientific" article in the manga, they are not part of the order Anura, to which frogs and toads belong to, and have split from amphibians we know quite early on.
Sep 26, 2017 2:07 AM

Aug 2015
Really good episode!
But... why were they arm wrestling?

I feel like this show was really difficult to get into at first. But the second half of the season really hit a good stride, and felt like they were really just having fun with everything. I liked it.
Sep 26, 2017 9:41 PM

Jul 2015
Wait wait wait wait... that's what they think humans look like? Also that victory dance was just perfect. The whole sequence was in a way, perfect. Especially the slime... THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING THE ENTIRE SEASON FOR. The arm wrestling bit while pretty okay felt... slow... like, everyone's responses took a while to come out, and I'm not sure if this is a problem that has plagued this anime for a while or not, but I feel like it has.

Anyway, with that this anime has... I guess ended... I guess this is what could be considered a finale... I think... whatever, anime was good, I enjoyed it, Hime is great. 7/10. LONG LIVE THE THICK CENTAUR PRINCESS.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 26, 2017 10:23 PM

Nov 2016
MonoJuMal said:
I didn't even realize that this was the final episode until the end card. Hmmm, I really liked some of the themes discussed on the show and the characters, especially the French Frog guy, were great, but the regular elements were just okay. I remember someone mentioning that the manga gets really dark for some of their story arcs, so I might check it out eventually.

But the ending was kind of weak.

(Bursts into the room) DID SOMEBODY MENTION THE MANGA!?!?!?

I totally recommend you check out the manga. The general flow is better, the world building is a bit more in-depth, there's greater focus on the social themes, and there's some cool darker, conspiracy elements involved in some arcs. I don't blame the anime for its weaknesses, television adaptations have time limitations and need to try appealing to a wider audience. Personally, I prefer the manga.

All in all, a decent adaptation. This was a bit of a weird note to end the series on, I would have preferred something a bit more heart-warming/cute, but in a way it worked. The animation could have been better at times, but I guess it's no big deal. 6/10
Sep 27, 2017 2:19 AM

Mar 2009
LN3000 said:
Really good episode!
But... why were they arm wrestling?

Being the last episode, they needed to show who the real main heroine of the show was, of course! And it's Hime!

Definitely an odd duck, as far as "monster girl" anime are concerned. You'd have fanservice, cute moments, slice-of-life stuff...and then you'd have the holocaust. I liked it for being different from the usual. But I'm still a little mixed on it, overall. Doesn't help that the final episode didn't feel like much of a final episode. Guess they're leaving it open for people who want to dive into the manga.

So, hey, can we get a little spinoff series about the misadventures of the Chi-chans and Sue-chan? That'd be swell.
Sep 27, 2017 2:22 AM

Aug 2015
Mormegil said:
Being the last episode, they needed to show who the real main heroine of the show was, of course! And it's Hime!

But really, why were they arm wrestling?
Sep 27, 2017 2:30 AM

Mar 2009
@LN3000 I'm being serious. That was totally the reason. It's meta, I guess. Hime and Manami had the most screentime in the series. They're the last two to go up against each other. Hime won, therefore she's the main heroine.

Sep 27, 2017 2:32 AM

Aug 2015
Mormegil said:
@LN3000 I'm being serious.

Yes, I get it. I was following through with the repetitive nature of the joke from the episode. lol
Sep 27, 2017 2:35 AM

Mar 2009
@LN3000
Whoops. Duh. I just killed the joke, huh? :D
Sep 27, 2017 2:37 AM

Aug 2015
Mormegil said:
Whoops. Duh. I just killed the joke, huh? :D

Nah, you're good. lol
Sep 27, 2017 6:56 AM

Apr 2016
It wan't much as an finale. But overall this anime was fantastic! Incredible world-building. I especially like the casual throw-in of ghosts and spirits.
Man, I have to stop falling in love with fictitious high school girls'...moms!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2017

69 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

87 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:57 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

94 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:54 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

126 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:52 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2017

88 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 24, 2023 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.