Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2019 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, we got to see some insight from Akira Dojima this episode about the art of koto.

Akira is a complex character in this show. Hopefully the club can get their act together and become even stronger than ever.
Nov 2, 2019 10:45 AM

Nov 2007
That newly joined teacher, who is from the koto girl's house, is emotionless because she cannot see the light after she won koto girl. It seems like the old lady wanting koto girl to have nowhere to go for koto.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 2, 2019 11:03 AM

Apr 2016
They getting power level ups just like in battle shounens.

Also let me guess, the new teacher has some sad backstory that will make us to like her ... get out.
Nov 2, 2019 11:32 AM

Feb 2014
Swagernator said:
They getting power level ups just like in battle shounens.

Also let me guess, the new teacher has some sad backstory that will make us to like her ... get out.
far from it dw bout that lol, the drama isn't too forced in this

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Nov 2, 2019 11:33 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Back to the basics for everyone, they do have to learn the basics since they never really did before.

I think all the anime-only people will grow to like Akira by the end of this season.

Does anyone know when the ED is scheduled to release? I can't even find a youtube link for the TV size version.
Nov 2, 2019 11:37 AM

Aug 2013
Akira's grandmother is a total bitch.

Takinami sensei working hard for the club.
LeoNov 2, 2019 11:45 AM

Nov 2, 2019 11:46 AM

Feb 2019
Akira's got quite a bit of darkness in her. It was clear the lady took the job just to break club's morale.

I liked how chika surprised akira by his basics

Hozuki is adorable as usual.

cythraulNov 2, 2019 12:06 PM
Nov 2, 2019 12:01 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that Akira will be joining their club to teach them though. While Suzu's aim of lightening the burden on Houzuki is admirable bringing in Akira i think will have a unintended affect on her. Despite her own feelings towards Akira Houzuki's determination to use her to the fullest and show her the skill that the club possesses was pretty inspiring. While obedient looks like Akira finds the harassment game that she's in pretty stupid. While having Akira teach them the basics again was quite disheartening to the team it also allowed them to realise just how lacking their skills were and how much more they needed to improve if they want to get to the nationals. Seeing them take Akira's words to heart and show the results to Akira was pretty satisfying. Overall an excellent ep that did well to formally introduce Akira to the club as well as expand upon her personality as well. While her plan to derail the club will cause some tension within the club i think it will also serve as both a potent goal and a tool that can allow the club to improve their skills.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2019 12:49 PM

Apr 2018
Akira is a very sad and lonely person.
Nov 2, 2019 1:17 PM
Jul 2019
Oh so this Akira bitch was surly doing a good job of being a bitch for the club members, so why did the school allowed an outsider do the Koto teaching on them club members in the 1st place?
Nov 2, 2019 1:26 PM
May 2017
More of Kono Oto Tomare greatness! I cried so many tears during the episode. But fuck Akira's Grandma
Nov 2, 2019 1:58 PM

Dec 2014
hmm new teacher and new villain focus...nice
Nov 2, 2019 2:30 PM

Feb 2011
Fall 2019 most hated characters:
Maki's father from Hoshiai no Sora
Akira's grandmother

Nov 2, 2019 3:18 PM

Dec 2015
I think the teacher needs a female romance option. (Maybe Chika's aunt ha ha.) Also that new girl ... maybe Chika's friend who isn't in the Koto club ... he seems interesting and like he is good at understandnig people.
Nov 2, 2019 3:52 PM

Sep 2011
I love the title Houzuki came up with for the piece, and I love how Takinami-sensei made it even better with a "little" tweak. Kurusu has been really cute since she fell in love with the dense Takezou too. Now, about Akira. I like Houzuki's approach to this, to use her as much as they can, and stop her if she isn't really teaching them anything. The worst part of her harsh remarks was that she was right, but I love how Kudou left her speechless with his clean, and beautiful sounds.

The basics are important alright, and only a fool would deny it, but they don't have much time left so she will have to adjust to the way they practice, and not the contrary. Going by what she said she might resent Houzuki for her current position or something, maybe she doesn't even want to be the heir in her place, but time will tell. Well, about the title for the piece again, now I understand all the colors and rainbows in the OP and the ED, and I love them even more.
Nov 2, 2019 6:28 PM

Dec 2016
Akira gives me chills. Don't like grandma neither. They're up to something no good, but hopefully they won't break the club apart...

As always Chika is a fast learner when he wants to ;) Great episode as always!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 2, 2019 9:31 PM

Apr 2017
MY favorite part was when Akira was "scolding" them for neglecting the basics and Chika just cuts her off just by playing, the guy's amazing!

Nov 2, 2019 9:46 PM

Aug 2018
fuck fuck fuck fuck
this anime starting to be more intense once Miss Dojima started to introduced and became their tutor.

I can sense that she will change as the story progress when she realized the true value of the koto club that satowa talking about and how strong the bond that they have. Thats why sensei is confident enough to accept their offer to teach them that once hes one of the people that doubt satowas koto club and he changed.

Also i think im not only one who can really feel the deep emotions of the characters in this anime, this series is really good in showing the feelings of each character maybe because the author of the manga is a girl xD

Here have some satowa and kurusu's lovely expression xD

B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 2, 2019 10:17 PM

Oct 2012
This is heating up fast! I'm loving it.
Nov 2, 2019 10:39 PM
May 2019
This was actually a really good episode! I like how the members of the koto club are subtly putting Dojima in her place by being mature and focusing on their personal improvement rather than being overly concerned with her sudden involvement in their club.

Kudo's progress is so amazing, Hozuki's maturity is impressive, I love how Kurusu has changed her personality so much that she's actually concerned with the club.
Nov 3, 2019 1:40 AM

Apr 2018
So Akira has the same condition with Hozuki when she was young. I hope that their club could change her
Nov 3, 2019 1:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, this was some episode! Albeit a few odd transitions here and there, this was rock solid!

Gauge out the value of this club, yikes that sounds horrific in many way. It’s still very unclear on what exactly displeases her but I like how we’re slowly but surely getting there by the episode. Amazing how she won the National Competition too with that seemingly crippled state of mind, she’s a definitely a force to be reckoned with.

On another note, I’m just glad she doesn’t seem to be taking her grandmother’s words to heart. I feel like she genuinely wants to help this Club nonetheless, keeping personal interests aside.

I’m sure she’ll propel this inexperienced and clumsy team forward. Chika doing the honours there to shut her up, for instance, was bloody amazing! He really is on another level.

Meanwhile, Kurusu gets the lucky seat behind the Pres, that was seriously too kawaii~ And wow, the Pres seemed to blush there for a second, looks like this ship is good to sail :)

Looking forward to seeing where this is going! Next episode preview promises some more brilliance too so can’t wait to see what’s in store for us next!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 3, 2019 3:33 AM

Jan 2016
Probably my favorite episode of the adaptation so far because it displayed all that I find so amazing about the manga.

Romance but not overdone. Character growth like Hiro getting mad at herself for saying things without thinking it through like Chika just bearing the frustration and trying to improve and Hozuki understanding why Chika told her to mind her own business instead of it leading into drama.

And of course, the satisfaction when Chika showcased the basic on a new level and Akira's shocked face.

They skipped around the chapters a bit unevenly but I guess that's because they want to focus on Akira's backstory in the next episode.
Nov 3, 2019 11:20 AM

Mar 2017
She wants to understand the value of the koto club? She never will because it's not about the music or the awards, it's about the people who accept Hozuki and love her just as she is.... so leave bitch!

Every episode i come to love the Chika, Hozuki and Takezou so much more!

I feel like there was a drop in the animation quality this episode or was that just me?
Nov 3, 2019 2:04 PM

Oct 2008
Looks like Akira is there to just mess-up things on Koto Club!
most awesome part was when Chika played the single note and he said "We're not neglecting them." haha that was badass! and Chika is the most improved and fastest learner!
5/5.

Nov 3, 2019 3:24 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Regardless of how cold Akira is to the club, she is teaching them the basics that they have neglected. It's definitely harsh that Akira used the word "sloppy" when talking about Hoozuki's guidance to the club, but she's right about teaching. Just because you can do something well, or be an expertise on something, doesn't mean you can teach effectively. Hoozuki was able to teach them, but not down to the details Akira can. Think of professors. They are knowledgeable in their fields, yet some of them downright don't know how to teach and/or are disorganized. Of course a good teacher shouldn't make them feel terrible. It still doesn't change the fact that Akira will be of more help to them than a detriment. Also, they are still amateurs at playing the koto, and being angry at her saying that they are at a lower level than she thought they were should motivate them to improve. It worked on Chika (and Takezou), and I'm glad Chika stating his thoughts triggered the rest to get over it.
Nov 3, 2019 7:55 PM

Jul 2017
Another female bitch enters the fray, wonder how long it'll take before her redemption story

for realz though her reaction when Chika mastered the basics was priceless
Nov 3, 2019 9:51 PM
Mar 2015
The bitch is there to show Hozuki that she has no place to play by destroying the club Chika kicks her ass
Nov 4, 2019 10:18 PM

Jul 2016
Man, I almost feel bad for this Doujima girl. With such bitch as grandmother, I'm sure anyone would develop an "emo" mindset. She's just a lonely person and it's actually kind of sad to see her having such depressing/pessimistic thoughts.

Good episode this week. At first, I was worried they used Doujima for cheap drama but I'm so glad that Chika and co. decided (to my surprise) to act maturely and accept her guidance. As I said during the first season, I really love the sense of unity this group has developed. The club's morale is safe for now.
Nov 5, 2019 3:49 PM

Jul 2017
The moment when Akira Dojima entered the Koto Club, it was literally ”a demon in sheep's clothing" tasked to infiltrate and spy on nothing more than how Hozuki trains the others. And Takminami-sensei gave her the piece, and by no doubt, declared a (cunning) challenge of sorts.

Despite Akira and Hozuki's difference in skill, it is best that Akira has got the basics handled while Hozuki is no longer multitasking, thereby saving her time for practice.

By technique alone, Akira wins this by a landslide, but that's in part of the entire club playing it wrongly all this while still maintaining their current skill levels. And with a change of heart, instead of retaliation like he always does, Chika follows and improves, which is a BIG PLUS to his characterization.

But deep down, while Akira is tormented by the fate of the past between her and Hozuki, she wants to see the light, of how Hozuki holds everything dear. Next episode is sure to bring that light onto her.
Nov 6, 2019 2:18 AM

May 2018
Yep, a villain has appeared. Looks like Akira will be one of the obstacles for the koto club, and I want to see how they will change her personality.

Nov 28, 2019 11:26 AM

May 2016
Dojima's past is really dark even darker than her eyes... there is still hope for her

I would love to see her as a teacher of our club, she would make a big supporting asset.
Dec 27, 2019 7:43 AM

Nov 2016
Inb4 Akira backstory + redemption.

I see black for her grandma, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 29, 2020 5:20 PM

Apr 2012
The ending of the first season was pretty much a club of shounen protags powered by love and friendship playing Kuon like pros, but it's a great to make the back to reality into the tangible form of a strict teacher.

Traditional arts are always demanding, and the club is already in the correct mindset to grow from discipline. Looking forward to see how Akira will grow too.
Feb 4, 2020 10:31 PM

Aug 2017
Wow, Akira is really submerged in the darkness while her grandmother is evil. Chika tries to do what he can to improve so the rest must follow him.

I will see how it continues in the next episode but I have good expectations for this new arc.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 7, 2020 1:32 AM

Jul 2015
This anime is really good at introducing infuriating characters

"Neglecting the basics" Chika while playing some clear notes: "I don't think so"

May 18, 2020 11:12 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah obviously she has a backstory but I still hate Akira xD
Aug 23, 2020 2:34 PM
Oct 2019
I guess Japanese are no different than any other people. But geez I had no idea they could be so petty and vengeful. Didn't realize.
Jan 14, 2021 9:32 PM

Apr 2009
Ah so that was the meaning of the rainbow at the OP and ED huh?

Let's use her, she's doing it without pay and for God knows whatever she and her grandmother are up to but I sill don't get her and her dead fish eyes so sue me! XP
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 5, 2021 2:54 AM

May 2020
Backstory incoming, but still I can't see myself suddenly liking Akira.
Jun 15, 2022 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
Kudo is really good at Koto instruments. AMAZING LAD
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Mar 2019
Akira definitely isn't a simple character, but the opening showed a lot that she's like the past Houzuki so interested to see what happens.

Chika showing her the improvement was great. Kurusu is controlled too much by her emotions.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

117 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

142 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

49 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

49 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 18, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2019

43 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 16, 5:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.