Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2018 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mei and Yuzu's character relationship is really getting more and more noticable in this show.

There's some bath service and more scenes between the two of them getting closer.

Really curious to see how far their relationship will develop. That bed scene got super awkward :o
Stark700Jan 13, 2018 7:20 AM
Jan 13, 2018 7:59 AM
Oct 2017
Hey, not just rapey kisses anymore. It goes beyond even further!!!

Honestly, the drama is kinda chaotic and the chairman's acting really bothers me. Who talks like that? Feels so out of place.
arcsec1Jan 13, 2018 9:09 AM
Jan 13, 2018 8:13 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Been waiting for this all the week!

This episode adapted all of chapter 2 and 90% of chapter 3, as expected the pacing increased, but it shouldnt be a problem... cant wait for subs to come out!

After seeing, I m dropping my expectations. They arent nothing anything bad so far, but with episode 1 you had 1 full chapter so each scene, particularly the most tense, had more impact to it, they were longer, while these on episode 2, with the pacing I described, seemed shorther on impact.
I will like this adaptation, the art feels great but I have came to understand that the manga also relied on the amazing art alot, to give it more impact, thus the anime could never meet this quality being it solely an anime.

Alot of what sells the manga is the impact art like this gives:

No anime art can come this close, so I m just going to buy all the manga and enjoy this good enough adaptation for what it is.
Cant wait till next episode!
PlaycoolJan 13, 2018 1:52 PM
Jan 13, 2018 8:19 AM

Sep 2017
watched it live at AT-X. re-watching again.Yuzu was so funny g8 episode. looking forward to next episode.
MeinokoibitoJan 13, 2018 8:34 AM
Jan 13, 2018 9:07 AM
Feb 2017
It's quite hard to stand for this adaptation. I love Yuri, I love the manga, but everything in this anime seems inconsistent and weird.
Jan 13, 2018 9:08 AM

Dec 2008
Let's go. Waiting for round 2 of the whole 'THIS IS SEXUAL ASSAULT! THIS IS RAPE THE ANIME!' comments. 🙄

We had chapter 2 adapted and 80-85% of chapter 3. Pretty neat. Looking forward to next week.

I love Yuzu as a character overall. She has everything an MC should have.

I find it funny that Harumin comments on Yuzu wearing make up, but over half the shots have her face completely free of make-up. Animators, plz! Overall though, solid adaptation. Makes me want to re-read the manga for the more emotionally intense bits.

I think assuming 2 chapters per episode for now doesn't seem too bad. I just want chapter 24 adapted. But I don't want the anime to feel too rushed. Will see what happens I guess!
sarroushJan 13, 2018 9:23 AM
Jan 13, 2018 9:17 AM

Apr 2016
The melodrama is killing me here, i feel like those two girls are carrying the weight of the whole world lol.
Jan 13, 2018 9:21 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode again.

I'm really liking Yuzu, I'm glad she wants to support Mei and try to help her as much as she can. :)
Harumi is great too.

Bed scene was pretty cute. :3

Yuzu was totally boss with her behavior at school. xD
I'm glad that cheating teacher got what he deserved.

The grandfather does seem a little overly strict, I feel like he might be forcing the whole engagement and other rules upon Mei.

There was some good 'action' in the bathroom. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thought there might be more towards the end in Mei's room. Damn interruptions and it had to happen just when it was getting a little sweet. XDD

Yuzu finally realizing her feelings. :)
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Seemed rushed but i'm fine with the plot developments here being so quick, there's always something happening.

Really not digging Mei but Yuzu is a great character IMO. She has major guts.

Dec 2015
I am enjoying the adaptation atm. Hoping that the melodrama will be bearable and won't get any worse.
Ace_CardJan 13, 2018 9:56 AM

Jan 13, 2018 9:25 AM

Jun 2015
Things are getting heated between Mei and Yuzu. That speech caused a lot of trouble. The melodrama is unbearable to watch. I like the chairman. He's a cool dude.
Jan 13, 2018 9:57 AM
Nov 2015
Tsc... Thought it had some potencial. Aparently I was wrong... Too cringy, and too reliant on fanservice.
Jan 13, 2018 9:59 AM

Oct 2014
This show is so spicy!!! I love the melodrama! The first episode made Mei seem like kind of a bad person, but now I get why she wasn't talking to Yuzu. I wonder how Yuzu will get out of being expelled... she has to right??
Jan 13, 2018 10:08 AM

Sep 2017
So Mei has been 'forced' to move out and Yuzu's been expelled. I didn't expect that from the second episode. Gramps is probably the real antagonist here. He probably has something to do with why Mei can't see her dad. I mean would you really cry in your sleep over him if he was just away for work or something. Gramps also might be the reason that teacher was with Mei. Although I can't really think of why...
Jan 13, 2018 10:25 AM

Apr 2012
Lol, I'm so still unusual to see the real yuri in 2018, that I almost instinctively began to see in it a fake fanservice.

ProofByColor said:
So Mei has been 'forced' to move out and Yuzu's been expelled. I didn't expect that from the second episode. Gramps is probably the real antagonist here. He probably has something to do with why Mei can't see her dad. I mean would you really cry in your sleep over him if he was just away for work or something. Gramps also might be the reason that teacher was with Mei. Although I can't really think of why...

It is possible that the matter is in the problem of inheritance and patriarchal traditions. But on the other hand, if Mei is not interested in this, and Yuzu is not their relative, they could make an heir possible new child to May's father and Yuzu"s mother, if this issue is so important in the series.
Jan 13, 2018 10:37 AM

Apr 2009
...Ok, I get what this show is doing, but I'm just not biting. There's way too much melodrama here for me, and this non-con angle (no matter how accurate) isn't helping. I'll give it one more ep to wow me, rather than making me want to gag, and if it fails it's out the door.
Jan 13, 2018 10:37 AM

Mar 2010
I see, it is the typical Hentai plot. so far I like all the three chicks.
to me it seems that Mei is carrying some deep scars, she poses in front of anyone that she things cant hurt her as someone strong and cold that can stand her ground, but the monent she recognices someone strong she simply submits.

I see two options:
1. the one that made those scars his her grandfather, meaning he assaulted her in some manner at some point.
2.he is the strict grandfather that saved her from her father and now he is over protective.

p.s
those that know already please keep it to yourself
LF2005Jan 13, 2018 10:40 AM
Jan 13, 2018 10:59 AM

Jul 2016
Ugh I hate the Chairman Grandpa....
Jan 13, 2018 11:10 AM

Apr 2012
LF2005 said:
I see, it is the typical Hentai plot.

Virtually any homosexual romance that is written for the audience of the opposite sex is like that. The question is how much the author is interested in a good story, rather than indulging an audience's fetishes.

Therefore, Citrus has its pluses, since author intentionally plays the tropes of standard romance, rather than generic yuri.
Jan 13, 2018 11:11 AM

Feb 2013
I havent seen shoujo-ai before nor have I read the manga, but I like it. Though it seems this is gonna be another rushed manga adaptation that does not give the story a lot of room to breathe, unfortunately.
Jan 13, 2018 11:23 AM
Nov 2015
I really like how it has played out so far. And it doesn't feel overly dramatic for me even though its considered melodramatic for a lot of people. And I really, really like Yuzu. She's a great character
Jan 13, 2018 11:37 AM

Aug 2014
I like how rape is Mei's response to everything Yuzu says. And it worked.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 13, 2018 11:38 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Was it vicious or is naturality? A great episode again, when the feeling was very sad!!!
Jan 13, 2018 11:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yuzu is pretty awesome. Considering the level of drama, she's pretty robust and lets it slide of her more often than not.

I hope Grandpa chairman gets a kick in the gonads before this is over,
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 13, 2018 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
I liked it a lot. They included chapter 2 and most of chapter 3 which seems good so far, hopefully it won't be rushed.
Today I have even re-read the chapters 2-5 and I still don't like Mei's grandfather.
I hope that a lot of people will get a different view of Citrus and don't call it too rapey because it actually isn't (BECAUSE IT'S SABURO UTA WE'RE TALKING ABOUT), it might seem so in the beginning but later on it'll change. I'm looking forward to the Matsuri arc... and... chapter 13 being adapted... *laughs*
Jan 13, 2018 12:37 PM

Dec 2015

The way this show depicts characters' knees bothers me greatly. They literally look like giant mosquito bites/welts wtf.

Anyways, decent episode. I feel like this show is just going to be just dumb fun interspersed with some drama, which is a combination that I don't hate. I am still not completely sold on the Mei and Yuzu as a couple simply because Mei genuinely spoke to Yuzu like a total of 5 times throughout these two episodes. If these characters begin have a more heart-to-heart talk instead of expressing affection through EXTREME physical intimacy (border-lining on sexual assault, wtf Mei), I might start liking these two more. Yuzu is also now confirmed to be a official idiot, like did she REALLY expect that "plan" of her's to work? I don't know how to feel about these type of characters who are so ignorant and unrealistically unaware of social norms and interactions.

I am looking for the next episode, and hoping for more character development. I would also like to point out that I appreciate this show for having some "quiet" moments between the drama and comedy to balance the tone out. I am impressed by how the it handles melancholy and the personal space of its characters by giving them time to reflect, instead of blindly accepting and moving forward.
HibikaseJan 13, 2018 1:08 PM
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Jan 13, 2018 12:45 PM

Sep 2014
I like Yuzu, and I really like Harumin, but even after the development this episode I still can't stand Mei. 2 episodes in, I give up.
Jan 13, 2018 1:18 PM

Oct 2017
Yeeeeeeah, I'm dropping this. I was uncomfortable with the first episode but I thought it was a means to an end, to further some discussion about abuse or something. But this is pretty wank bait and rapey so yeah. Not my cup of tea. I thought maybe this was going to be the yuri of the season but this is just. No.
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Jan 13, 2018 1:38 PM

Mar 2013
Another great episode. Despite the fact that it adapted almost 2 full chapters, it didn't felt rushed in my opinion. Hopefully the rest of the anime maintains this kind of pacing. I also really liked Yuzu in this episode. She definitely feels like a mc that isn't afraid to take action, even if those actions may seem reckless at first.

Jan 13, 2018 1:49 PM

Oct 2014
We all know we all are here for serious sexual innuendos, in the first place
So, please, people, stop acting like you're actually going to drop this.
Jan 13, 2018 1:50 PM
Aug 2016
I really want to like this adaption but I honestly like the manga a lot more. The pacing feels weird and the bath scene had way more impact in the manga. Mei has a lot of issues and in the original I definitely had some issues with how she seems to disregard consent at first but the anime makes her like extra rapey. I'm hoping it'll find it's stride but right now everything feels really forced. Mei is a really broken person and uses her sexuality to deal with problems which is not at all healthy but the anime seems to have lost a lot of that nuance. And at this point it feels ridiculous for Yuzu to say she's in love. She's just horny tbh.
Sage17Jan 13, 2018 1:55 PM
Jan 13, 2018 1:50 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Zera said:
I like Yuzu, and I really like Harumin, but even after the development this episode I still can't stand Mei. 2 episodes in, I give up.

Mei will get alot better, more daring, she is still too closed to herself.
Just dont expect her to be as open with her feelings as Yuzu.

My reccomendation is, let some episodes air, and give them all a tried later on.
Jan 13, 2018 1:51 PM

Jan 2017
Although it doesn't do the best job of conveying it, this anime is really relevant to the sexual confusion faced by the younger people.

I just hope that further developments dont become too sexually intense (although, I did feel kinda let down at the bed scene; I was expecting full-on Yuri 😅😅)

Revvie-chan said:

😂😂😂😂 Y'know, you're my favourite type of person... The refreshing "in her face" kind, 'cause low key people gonna hide under the covers and watch it but still hate on it in public

All in all, it comes across to be an interesting anime
tidoesstuffJan 13, 2018 1:59 PM
Jan 13, 2018 2:24 PM

Nov 2017
So far it's good but I felt as though the Sibling Rivalry Drama was enough. No need to throw things in every direction.
Jan 13, 2018 2:26 PM

May 2015
Pacing went up a little bit by adapting two chapters, but still a decent adaptation. I'm really loving Yuzu, the girl has guts, lol. But ugh, the grandpa is such a damn stuck-up.

Great episode.

Jan 13, 2018 2:54 PM

Nov 2014
Mei, donning her "pretty hair" and "pale skin" (wut), sexually assaults Yuzu some more. Yuzu starts a hilarious fight with the superintendent. While sneaking into the school, Yuzu overhears Amamiya-sensei, the teacher Mei was making out with, scheming on the phone—apparently with his real girlfriend—about marring Mei for money. In a brilliant move, Yuzu calls out Amamiya-sensei at an assembly, mercifully kicking him out of the picture—thank goodness! I'm glad we didn't have to deal with him too long. It's too bad best-girl Yuzu got expelled, though.

This episode was a solid 4/5. I'm not into the sexual assault, but the story developments and comedy redeemed it.
Jan 13, 2018 3:10 PM

Mar 2017
Drama's driving major interest but the shitload amount of service really annoys me.. well obviously I haven't read the manga but is this really what the show's hard milking on? One can sell yuri but this feels cheap :/

EDIT: Maybe it's just the adaptation. There's just something that makes it feel a bit.. off. Maybe the bright and flashy color of the animation that clash with the melodramatic atmosphere wanted to be conveyed? Drawing lines are bold. And those knees tho. I feel this anime could be better.
nr101Jan 13, 2018 3:45 PM
Jan 13, 2018 3:40 PM

Dec 2016
I really enjoyed the more character driven direction this episode took rather than just being non-stop yuri. In the end it helps in make the interactions between them mean so much more, rather than just being softcore hentai
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 13, 2018 4:24 PM

Aug 2013
Revvie-chan said:

Actually I'm here to see what is all the hype about when it comes to a yuri based anime. So far I'm not even remotely impressed in the slightest.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 13, 2018 4:28 PM

Apr 2015
ProofByColor said:

You're half right in the first but wrong in the last one.

Her gramp do have something to do with her parent not being there, but the teacher thing is not because of him. Is really 'common' for families with high class, ex: owners of schools, clinics, CEOs, etc to make their children to have a chosen partner to not get their last name lose the importance or something like that, (of course the children can reject this but in this case Mei was raised to think their family name is important ) so it's mostly Mei's dad fault for not being there to avoid that, specially to make her daughter charge his responsibilities as the main heir. But you will see more of this in a few episodes later.
Jan 13, 2018 4:42 PM

Apr 2015
sarroush said:
Let's go. Waiting for round 2 of the whole 'THIS IS SEXUAL ASSAULT! THIS IS RAPE THE ANIME!' comments. 🙄

We had chapter 2 adapted and 80-85% of chapter 3. Pretty neat. Looking forward to next week.

I find it funny that Harumin comments on Yuzu wearing make up, but over half the shots have her face completely free of make-up. Animators, plz! Overall though, solid adaptation. Makes me want to re-read the manga for the more emotionally intense bits.

I think assuming 2 chapters per episode for now doesn't seem too bad. I just want chapter 24 adapted. But I don't want the anime to feel too rushed. Will see what happens I guess!

Thank you Mod, for being a mature human being.

Yeah, I think they should had half of the chapter 4 adapted, it just seems off that they cut one of the most important part of those three chapters.

I hope they adapt to chapter 24 too, that chapter was one of the best chapters so far in the manga.

I'm guessing they wanted to introduce better the characters in the ep 1, but still it didn't feel slow paced. I think they're doing a good job adapting it.
Jan 13, 2018 4:56 PM

Nov 2017
DedPanda said:
Revvie-chan said:

Actually I'm here to see what is all the hype about when it comes to a yuri based anime. So far I'm not even remotely impressed in the slightest.

Then Watch Shoujo Sect, Sakura Trick, Strawberry Panic, and/or Kannazuki no Miko. Those are all proven good Yuris.
Jan 13, 2018 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
Mei is assertive as fuck. Its actually scary how much she'll just go for it. Yuzu also decided that it was love pretty fast, but it seems like its just a novel experience for her.
Jan 13, 2018 5:13 PM
May 2016
These "rapey" scenes are weird.
These scenes in the manga were emotional and dramatic but really well done. However, seeing them animated, they lost a lot of the emotion and became more rapey and awkward.
Still enjoying the romance building though.
Jan 13, 2018 5:28 PM

Sep 2015
hibadaddy said:
Mei is assertive as fuck. Its actually scary how much she'll just go for it. Yuzu also decided that it was love pretty fast, but it seems like its just a novel experience for her.

I've had those before. It's not hard to figure out if your constantly obsessing over them and their body.
Jan 13, 2018 5:32 PM

Sep 2017
i liked this episode much more than the first one, but i'm finding myself kind of annoyed at the chairman and at mei.

the chairman is a total dick and mei is still weird and rapey as ever. the realization at the end that yuzu is in love with her is interesting, i hope the next episode is like this one as well. im now intrigued to see what their character development will be like as the story progresses.
Jan 13, 2018 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
Yuzu is so cute and funny, best grill. I'm happy that teacher left the school.

I don't really like Mei so much. But that can change.
Jan 13, 2018 5:35 PM

Sep 2015
sarroush said:

They're going to adapt up to Chapter 16 this season, which is volume 4, and I guess it depends on how well it sells for it to get another season. Hopefully the animation errors will be fixed in the blu-rays. Btw, I think you meant Chapter 25, and I really hope it gets adapted too.
Jan 13, 2018 5:59 PM

Oct 2014
DedPanda said:
Revvie-chan said:

... good job on wasting minutes of your life just to try to find out about the obvious.
Jan 13, 2018 6:03 PM

Jan 2008
Loving how fashionable Yuzu is, changing hairstyles and wearing something different every time she's not wearing her uniform. Honestly, just her in general I enjoy.

The part where she went to greet the chairman was hard to watch, despite already knowing what would happen, it being fully voiced and animated was just one of those moments you can't help but shake your head against in embarrassment.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.