Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2017 9:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, of course the old dude survives. He's special too ever since that incident.

I felt bad for the way Inuyashiki got treated but damn, he is a badass for his age.
I'm not bothered by the CG used this episode. Didn't seem distracting and it captured the ability of Inuyashiki quite well. He's such a contrasting character to Hiro tbh. The guy is a hero by saving others.

Hiro on the other hand...can't even get along with his own classmates.
Oct 26, 2017 11:08 AM

Dec 2014
Inuyashiki is still not used to his powers; but at least he is trying to help others with them. He started singing atom's song to start flying lol. He such a good old man. Hiro on the other hand..I like that they gave us two opposite stories, about what people would do if they suddenly got such powers.
Oct 26, 2017 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
I'm assuming Hiro killed the family in the house because the dog's barking pissed him off.

Inuyashiki is starting to use his other powers such as flying and healing and using it for a good cause whereas Hiro is pretty much just killing whoever he doesn't like.
LeoOct 26, 2017 11:28 AM

Oct 26, 2017 11:28 AM

Dec 2015
OMG, this brings back the memory. He sings this song:

I am so glad that Hiro didn't kill those two boys at the last moment. Still no hope. He kills almost 4 people before that including a baby. He is not human anymore.

Inuyashiki is a superhero everyone dreams of. Treating patient, helping others and most important not killing anyone.

Oct 26, 2017 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
Once again, I just love how much of a contrast there is between these two characters and how they're using their powers, and it's gonna be great when they finally have a proper confrontation.
Oct 26, 2017 11:32 AM

Feb 2016
Even though they didn't fight, I find the episode quite good. We learned more about our characters and their powers. I like how the story handles the two opposite views, even though Hiro also knows how to heal, he chooses to kill people instead.. and Inuyashiki rushes to help people as much as possible.

That ending was kinda interesting because Hiro seemed to hesitate, I wonder if these two kids reminded him of his friend?

Lol they even included the "Chaos;Child:Children's Collapse" manga in the background. Really love the product placement here lol.
AquamirrorOct 26, 2017 1:47 PM
Oct 26, 2017 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing Hiro killing a family in episode 2 and not seeing him in this last scene, both were equally terrifying, he can just do that so absurdly easily.

Looks like they have the same powers, but the way they are using them couldn't be more different.

Grandpa kicking ass was absolutely hilarious.
Oct 26, 2017 11:35 AM

Nov 2016
This episode gave me all kind of feels.
We didn't get a fight,but better nothing than starting a lukewarm fight and wasting ,let's say half of the time for nothing.

The scenes where Inuyashiki experimented with his powers and saved lifes again,were so positive and motivating,while Hiros segments on the other hand just made me feel uncomfortable,but in a postive way. Still impressed by the directing and how the voice acting is giving the final touch to make it feel really disturbing.

He even showed some emotions again towards the end,it seemed like he acted out of frustration when killing the dog and the people in the house,interested to see how he may will develop.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 26, 2017 11:36 AM
Sep 2015
This episode continue to confirm that Inuyashiki and Hiro are on the extreme opposite end. It's stupid of me that I kinda expect they'll fight in this episode, I mean, this is only episode 3... Both characters can have his own franchise but it's Gantz creator we're talking about, he gonna mix and mess them so bad
Oct 26, 2017 11:36 AM

Jun 2015
Inuyashiki saving the guy from the gang was cool. He knocked them out with one punch. He struggled to fly, but managed to do it because he sang a song lol. He was happy saving the family from the fire and the cat. He discovered he can do healing. Hiro saved Naoyuki from the bullies and killed them afterwards. Naoyuki doesn't want to be near him again. Hiro killed that family just because the dog was bothering him. What a douchebag. I'm glad he didn't kill the two boys at the end.
Oct 26, 2017 11:37 AM

May 2016
One who gives and one who takes really interesting episode really loved the old man's scenes I got tears every time he cries really amazing. 5/5
Oct 26, 2017 11:42 AM

Mar 2015
This episode was beyond awesome, love the contrast between the two main characters.
Oct 26, 2017 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
The old man saved that cat. It was so sweet that I teared up a bit.

Inuyashiki is my hero! ;)
Oct 26, 2017 11:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The old man is such a lovable character. He's the moral man that we all aspire to be.

Having non-anime industry actors doing the voices really gives this adaptation of the manga a certain something. It makes more gritty, less over the top and by that more compelling.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 26, 2017 11:55 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This episode did a good job in conveying the contrast between Inuyashiki and Shishigami. And I got to say, the live-action voice cast is really creating a unique mood for the series. Despite the absurdity of the premise, the series feels more grounded, thanks to the more natural voice acting and the themes it presents. Only 4 chapters adapted this time, with the rest of the second volume being cover. I think the next episode will cover one whole volume, plus a bit of the volume after that, and will adapt the entirety of the
GoldenDevilGamerOct 27, 2017 12:59 PM
Oct 26, 2017 12:00 PM
Mar 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
This episode did a good job in conveying the contrast between Inuyashiki and Shishigami. And I got to say, the live-action voice cast is really creating a unique mood for the series. Despite the absurdity of the premise, the series feels more grounded, thanks to the more natural voice acting and the themes it presents. Only 4 chapters adapted this time, with the rest of the second volume being cover. I think the next episode will cover one whole volume, plus a bit of the volume after that, and will adapt the entirety of the "yakuza" arc in one episode.

Totally agree. I've seen many complaints towards the VA, but I found it very fitting. I think it would have been much worse off with a generic and over-acted VA instead.
Oct 26, 2017 12:09 PM

Feb 2013
Inuyashiki is a great man, he really knows what those powers are for.
Oct 26, 2017 12:19 PM

Jul 2016
this is so good. s e r i o u s l y. best anime of the season in my honest opinion. inuyashiki is like death giving life and hiro is like life giving death, if that made any sense. love both of them. rip the friendship, i assume that hiri didn't kill the children because it reminded him of how he and ando were like in their childhood? dunno.
Cazqui-09Oct 27, 2017 4:13 PM
Oct 26, 2017 12:27 PM

Nov 2016
Hiro might be very nice to his friend but I still despise him. Ando was really brave telling him that he didn't want to be friends with a murderer.

I wonder how long will Inuyashiki be able to keep his secret. Flying around and healing all the people in the hospital will certainly draw attention...
Oct 26, 2017 12:34 PM

Oct 2014
Thank god Inuyashiki is so kind, I don't think I could watch this show if it was just Hiro.
Those cats... oh my god I can't believe that happened I was crying ;-;
Oct 26, 2017 12:37 PM

Sep 2013
Old man helping the best he can and Hiro helping his friend but keeps killing.
Oct 26, 2017 12:38 PM

Sep 2016
cat outlives dog once again. cat is the best.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 26, 2017 12:38 PM
Nov 2016
I think at this point the CG only bothers me when it's used during a close up.

This episode was pretty well made, they did a good job of showing the contrasting natures of Hiro and Inuyashiki. Hiro kills people for a rush whenever Inuyashiki saves them, I think in a way they're trying to flesh out the characters but they're also trying to clearly define the role of each character and keep it black and white.

That fight between Inuyashiki and the goons made me laugh tho.
Oct 26, 2017 12:45 PM

Jun 2014
Hiro truly is a psychopath. Killing an entire family and their dog simply because of, I'm assuming, frustration at the dog barking. At least he didn't kill those 2 kids that ran past him, but that isn't realluy much considering he already killed the young kid of that first family plus a crying baby in this episode.

I'm glad Inuyashiki uses these powers in a good way. Saving people from a burning building, healing a dying cat, healing hospital patients. The difference between him and Hiro is crazy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 26, 2017 1:17 PM

Aug 2013
Gotta love the use of contrast in this episode
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 26, 2017 1:32 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That last scene is something, that was fucking eerie how they did that o__O

Everytime Inuyashiki manages to save people, it's very satisfying to watch.
Oct 26, 2017 1:32 PM

Oct 2012
I was wondering what the pacing would be on this episode.

GoldenDevilGamer said:
This episode did a good job in conveying the contrast between Inuyashiki and Shishigami. And I got to say, the live-action voice cast is really creating a unique mood for the series. Despite the absurdity of the premise, the series feels more grounded, thanks to the more natural voice acting and the themes it presents. Only 4 chapters adapted this time, with the rest of the second volume being cover. I think the next episode will cover one whole volume, plus a bit of the volume after that, and will adapt the entirety of the "yakuza" arc in one episode.

I think a full adaption of that arc in a single episode might actually be for the best. I know of at least one spot they could easily cliffhanger, but i'd rather them not do that. It should be interesting to see how faithful they'll be, so far they've been pretty solid.

The only issue i have with this episode going over so little material is that adapting the entire manga will be hard unless they have an episode or two where they ramp up the pace which honestly there might be a few spots they could do that, but i'd rather them not.
Oct 26, 2017 1:39 PM

Nov 2007
Grandpa thanks God for all the abilities that makes him do good for the world.

Kid thinks he has become the God.
Oct 26, 2017 1:47 PM

Aug 2015
FontSize72LOL said:
I was wondering what the pacing would be on this episode.

GoldenDevilGamer said:

I think a full adaption of that arc in a single episode might actually be for the best. I know of at least one spot they could easily cliffhanger, but i'd rather them not do that. It should be interesting to see how faithful they'll be, so far they've been pretty solid.

The only issue i have with this episode going over so little material is that adapting the entire manga will be hard unless they have an episode or two where they ramp up the pace which honestly there might be a few spots they could do that, but i'd rather them not.

The yakuza arc, in terms of actual content, isn't much and can easily be managed in 1 episode. In terms of the series only getting 11 episodes, even if stuff does get cut, I can think of a few moments with no substance that could easily get left out. If I remember right, Ando actually broke off with Hiro after the yakuza arc, they switched the order so they wouldn't need to dip into the yakuza arc and leave it on a cliffhanger.
Oct 26, 2017 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
It's quite cool to see an older character put in a sitiuation where he gets all these powers and see how he uses them. Inuyashiki is best grandpa.
Oct 26, 2017 2:15 PM

Mar 2016
A great contrast of altruism vs egotism this episode.
Cyberpunk and philosophy go hand-in-hand, so far it's being used to (almost) it's full potential.
With an influx with brain dead action shounen 'hero' anime these past few years, it's good to see a show that actually has enough courage in it's premise to make you think.
Oh yea, and Astro Boy reference. Winning.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 26, 2017 2:20 PM
Feb 2016
wow he is a hero boring............
Oct 26, 2017 2:27 PM

Sep 2016
I find it quite impressive how this anime has been managing its over the top factor so far. It's at the same time really funny and endearing thanks to its characterization. Inuyashiki is such a cool character, the way he was singing the astro boy opening when learning to fly was funny but also touching. I like how the characters' relation to manga/anime is used to make them more believable.
Oct 26, 2017 2:42 PM
Apr 2016
JohnTron said:
Cyberpunk and philosophy go hand-in-hand, so far it's being used to (almost) it's full potential.
With an influx with brain dead action shounen 'hero' anime these past few years, it's good to see a show that actually has enough courage in it's premise to make you think.

This is not exactly egotism(egoism?). He is simply insane. Nothing matters to him and he can do whatever he pleases. Even being rejected by his only friend did nothing to him. He does not care, and seemingly never did. This is all so eerie and terryfing because they are both real ( I guess the punk-scum and murderous-adolescents infested Japan is also real, alas), the only thing artificial in this show is the aliens giving away two superpowers. Had this happened in our reality, I am afraid it would go down the same, considering we would not get "Two Hiros".
The other really bad thing were the subtitles. Instead of Astro Boy he was signing Atom, which are close but not the same. This half...baked translation in meaning but not in fact is lacking. They are supposed to translate the stuff and words as they say it, not finishing a whole sentence when he said one word twice. Weakness disgusts me. As a translator twice so. I think I will postpone the viewing until the whole series comes out, just like I did with K-Lost Kings. This is too amazing to be painlessly bearing the existence week after a week.
Baka_Debakar said:

I am so glad that Hiro didn't kill those two boys at the last moment. Still no hope. He kills almost 4 people before that including a baby. He is not human anymore.

Inuyashiki is a superhero everyone dreams of. Treating patient, helping others and most important not killing anyone.

The aliens have basically tipped the balance. The world is real, but their powers are not to us. When one uses them to cure what is known to be incurable, perform miracles, the other refuses all the value and harmony in the world and is merely conducting ruination on that around him. They are both extremes, one is righteous, the other is insane. They would cancel each other and the world returns to its normal state of incurable diseases and mindful murder. Which I think would be the final of the series. But boy, having to wait week after week before Inuyashiki wrecks Hiro... Tormenting.
Daniel_NaumovOct 26, 2017 2:47 PM
Re:formed
Oct 26, 2017 2:46 PM

Apr 2013
Well, our hero is a really slow learner and a really pathetic fighter but at least he's using his powers for good?

Meh, also... he doesn't seem to care all that much about getting exposed or anything like that either. He even went to a random hospital to cure the incurable. Which is nice but it'll end up getting a ton of media coverage.

I don't think he's that great with technology though. He definitely can't use it as well as the asshole.

Oct 26, 2017 3:03 PM

Sep 2010
Those two are like definition of. Given power, this is what one should be doing and what one shouldn't.

Looking at it again however, both are little bit too extreme. For the old man it works out, like how in this episode he decided to start saving people from cancer because he himself had sickness... still he is a little bit too good. I get it that he gains happiness from helping others but how much of a saint is he that he is yet to use this power for his own good.

Flying around, awesome, dream of humanity ever since ancient time... still while Old man has the taste of it in this ep, it's still motivated by his wish to save some other guys rather than simply flying around for the sake of enjoying himself.

As for antagonist... a kid drunk on power. In last episode he seemed to want to kill others because it was the only thing that made him have feelings and confirm that he is a human but this time... dog barks at him -> kills the dog -> kills rest of family -> walks out.

It's not the first time I see a character like him but so far he is quite lacking in backstory. I get that he doesn't care much about the humanity at all and stranger's death doesn't affect him much... but I need some clarification where we go from that to starting killing people left and right and there is need for a backstory that made him like this in the first place. Family issues, bullying... it can be anything... I will take even "because one piece flashbacks are sad".

Oct 26, 2017 3:11 PM
Oct 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
JohnTron said:

This is not exactly egotism(egoism?). He is simply insane. Nothing matters to him and he can do whatever he pleases. Even being rejected by his only friend did nothing to him. He does not care, and seemingly never did. This is all so eerie and terryfing because they are both real ( I guess the punk-scum and murderous-adolescents infested Japan is also real, alas), the only thing artificial in this show is the aliens giving away two superpowers. Had this happened in our reality, I am afraid it would go down the same, considering we would not get "Two Hiros".
The other really bad thing were the subtitles. Instead of Astro Boy he was signing Atom, which are close but not the same. This half...baked translation in meaning but not in fact is lacking. They are supposed to translate the stuff and words as they say it, not finishing a whole sentence when he said one word twice. Weakness disgusts me. As a translator twice so. I think I will postpone the viewing until the whole series comes out, just like I did with K-Lost Kings. This is too amazing to be painlessly bearing the existence week after a week.
Baka_Debakar said:

The aliens have basically tipped the balance. The world is real, but their powers are not to us. When one uses them to cure what is known to be incurable, perform miracles, the other refuses all the value and harmony in the world and is merely conducting ruination on that around him. They are both extremes, one is righteous, the other is insane. They would cancel each other and the world returns to its normal state of incurable diseases and mindful murder. Which I think would be the final of the series. But boy, having to wait week after week before Inuyashiki wrecks Hiro... Tormenting.

I don't think the translation is bad. If you heard the real song then you know they only sing "Atomu" which is correctly translated as "Astro Boy" as the sentence ends there. Astro Boy's name is Tetsuwan Atomu in japanese. I don't know how good your japanese is, but solely based on this scene you can't say the translation is bad.
Oct 26, 2017 3:17 PM
Apr 2016
eso18 said:
Those two are like definition of. Given power, this is what one should be doing and what one shouldn't.

Looking at it again however, both are little bit too extreme. For the old man it works out, like how in this episode he decided to start saving people from cancer because he himself had sickness... still he is a little bit too good. I get it that he gains happiness from helping others but how much of a saint is he that he is yet to use this power for his own good.

Flying around, awesome, dream of humanity ever since ancient time... still while Old man has the taste of it in this ep, it's still motivated by his wish to save some other guys rather than simply flying around for the sake of enjoying himself.

As for antagonist... a kid drunk on power. In last episode he seemed to want to kill others because it was the only thing that made him have feelings and confirm that he is a human but this time... dog barks at him -> kills the dog -> kills rest of family -> walks out.

It's not the first time I see a character like him but so far he is quite lacking in backstory. I get that he doesn't care much about the humanity at all and stranger's death doesn't affect him much... but I need some clarification where we go from that to starting killing people left and right and there is need for a backstory that made him like this in the first place. Family issues, bullying... it can be anything... I will take even "because one piece flashbacks are sad".

You... you honestly think he did it because he... wanted to know if he is a... human??? HE DID IT BECAUSE HE ALWAYS WANTED TO. The feeling of sheer power and his dominance over others IS WHAT MADE HIM FEEL ALIVE. NOT THE KIND OF ALIVE DECENT PEOPLE WANT TO FEEL.
Honestly some people scare me. In a bad way.
Oct 26, 2017 3:18 PM
Apr 2016
Daywalkerxy said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

I don't think the translation is bad. If you heard the real song then you know they only sing "Atomu" which is correctly translated as "Astro Boy" as the sentence ends there. Astro Boy's name is Tetsuwan Atomu in japanese. I don't know how good your japanese is, but solely based on this scene you can't say the translation is bad.

I was more startled by a whole sentence when he said "yokatta" twice. And then his "God" conversations. They are not doing good work on it.
Oct 26, 2017 3:35 PM
Nov 2010
Daniel_Naumov said:
JohnTron said:

The other really bad thing were the subtitles.

I think the contrast between the 2 characters is best described by empathy vs apathy. After their transformation into machines, Inuyashiki feels alive or human by feeling empathy towards other ppl. On the other hand, Hiro only cares about his entertainment. He cares about Ando only because it's boring without him and feels alive after killing ppl.
Oct 26, 2017 3:40 PM

Feb 2016
Hiro is getting on my nerves, he is no longer a villain, he is just a Psycho Killer he doesn't have an "objective" by killing whoever he wants, he just do. on the other Hand, Inuyashiki is really something, glad he is able to control his powers a bit more, hope he can outrun Hiro soon.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 26, 2017 3:45 PM
Jun 2016
So many great things, I especially love, though I forgot to mention it I think last week, I love how when the old guy comes out of the house it sounds like the terminator theme :> The contrast between the two chars is so wonderful, I just want to learn more, though I really hope the MC gets his comupance, though I do symphasize with ihm about the bullies, though he should have been more like the other char, and just left it at the broken arm.
Oct 26, 2017 3:45 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
FontSize72LOL said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

GoldenDevilGamerOct 27, 2017 12:59 PM
Oct 26, 2017 3:50 PM
Jun 2016
This was just great....I'm again torn to leap ahead but I kinda want to finish the anime first as I don't want to spoil anything.

The cat one hurt me...as I've been there feeling hopless finding a cat hurt.
Oct 26, 2017 3:51 PM

May 2015
These two are literally two opposites. For that, I can't wait to see these two in a proper confrontation, and of course hoping to see Hiro wiped out.

Great episode.

Oct 26, 2017 3:58 PM

Oct 2017
Raichi_ said:
Hiro might be very nice to his friend but I still despise him. Ando was really brave telling him that he didn't want to be friends with a murderer.

Honestly I half expected him to kill his friend Ando for that. I guess Ando is the only person Hiro feels any sort of emotion towards.

I love the contrast in how each of them use their powers. I just want a confrontation tomorrow. I want to see how these two will interact.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NexuOct 30, 2017 5:56 AM
Oct 26, 2017 4:14 PM

Oct 2016
Oh geez is this the best anime of the season? Year? Do I have to kick something off my Top 10 of all time?
Oct 26, 2017 4:19 PM

Mar 2013
The only positive thing I ca say about Hiro is at least he isn't raping people.
Oct 26, 2017 4:25 PM

Mar 2015
quite a bummer they didn't really have an actual confrontation at the start of the episode and the bad guy doesn't even know Inuyashiki is like him but the episode was still great. i loved how they kept showing both characters using the same abilities but for polar opposite reasons. i still feel sad for all these characters he ends up killing
Oct 26, 2017 4:59 PM

Feb 2017
Dayum this is so so so good.

I loved the juxtaposition of watching two individuals deal with an absurd amount of power in completely different ways.

Hiro is batshit cray. There is literally nothing redeeming about him, but I love hating him :')

Inuyashiki is the best. He is so selfless. I teared up at the fire and cat scene, and I loved it when he thanked God for his powers, which was beautifully contrasted with Hiro killing people on a whim and saying shit like 'Even the army can't beat me'.

Also, Hiro's killing of that house of people was really well done. I liked how it went into a dead eerie silence when it was done. I wonder why he hesitated killing the children? Perhaps he is feeling down after his friend has told him he wants nothing to do with him.

Only questions are: a group of boys get shot down, and no one instantly thinks to check the roof for snipers? and the damn hospital security- I hope walking willy nilly into wards and hovering over patients isn't a reality in Japan :P
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

396 by omorashi »»
Jun 17, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2017

184 by auXcy »»
May 25, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2017

382 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 1, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

159 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2017

330 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.