Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2009 6:26 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, so many off model moments in this ep, I spent half of it laughing.
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/
Feb 16, 2009 7:15 AM

Jun 2008
Rofl, this episode was hilarious.
Oct 5, 2009 5:19 PM

Feb 2009
Macross can be so dull sometimes, this is one of those episodes xD and it's still entertaining and interesting!
Oct 7, 2009 10:14 AM

Jan 2008
Focker finally has a replacement.

His name is MAX.

Very entertaining episode, both laughing at it and along with it. That knife fight was just an amazing scene, I dont care what anyone says. :D

I dont know how anyone could hate Macross, it's too damn charming.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 23, 2010 12:38 AM

Apr 2008
That was an odd first date, first she tries to kill him and then he marries her. Another hilarious episode.
May 17, 2010 6:09 PM

Sep 2009
SPACE MARRIAGE WITH SPACE FIREWORKS.
Aug 20, 2010 10:30 PM

Apr 2009
Max works fast. I lol'd at the immobile drummer
Jan 16, 2011 12:50 AM

Aug 2008
As ridiculous as this episode was, I think it's my favorite so far. Max tagged it and bagged it in record time. Poor Max, it's gone take awhile to get her used to domestic life though.
Apr 16, 2011 11:05 PM

May 2010
YES FORGET MINMAI!!! SHE NEEDS TO BE ERASED FROM THIS SHOW ALONG WITH KAIFUN
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 18, 2011 12:29 AM

Apr 2009
Wow this episode is too fast (actually it's just Max, LOL) and too much of everything! First interstellar wedding between two sentient humanoid races and Las Vegas style at that, open mutiny on Britai's fleet and Boddole's entire fleet is coming to destroy Macross and the Earth, last I remember that's over a million ships when Hikaru estimated, so yup were totally screwed! I don't know how powerful and fast the U.N. Spacy's Grand Cannon is and yes, it might take tens of thousands of ships if it fired first but Earth will share the same fate as Alderaan long before it can fire it's second shot. X(

Wonder why Kamjin didnt show up on the attack on this episode?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 8, 2011 5:37 AM

May 2008
Omg, this whole episode was priceless, so much happened xD

"You're marrying an alien. That's just great!" I laughed really hard when Hikaru said this~
Though I thought something bad will happen with the newlywed coupe, fortunatelly they managed to pull his out together. I love how the Zentradi trying to figure out the human nature and culture. They even watched the wedding LoL xD
Jul 13, 2011 11:28 AM

Feb 2009
Max and Milia sure are a good couple.They just couldn't fit each other more.

"Dying a glorious death is as fitting a way as any to end our wedding day!"

Like he said,"Dying a glorious death is as fittin a way as..." Wait,what?!

Max really cracks me up.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 24, 2011 2:17 PM

Feb 2010
ChaosLegion said:
Max and Milia sure are a good couple.They just couldn't fit each other more.

"Dying a glorious death is as fitting a way as any to end our wedding day!"

Like he said,"Dying a glorious death is as fittin a way as..." Wait,what?!

Max really cracks me up.

Yea lol funny wedding in my opinion.

This whole episode was insane though going from a knife fight to getting married so quickly was fucking weird...
Sheepshaman.png
Apr 27, 2012 10:51 AM
Apr 2011
HOLY SHIT! ANOTHER ADV DUB WHERE LUCI CHRISTIAN AND CHRIS PATTON ARE LOVE INTEREST.
Aug 12, 2012 5:51 PM

May 2010
Max is the hero of all men.

That's all I have to say after this episode.
“Money can't buy dere”
Nov 5, 2012 6:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Terrible animation be damned...This episode is a classic. Nuff said.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 4, 2013 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
So can we confirm Max for the most badass character in this yet? The macross wedding cake and main theme on guitar were the best parts for me.
May 26, 2013 2:32 AM

Feb 2010
Miria is scary.
Knife fencing lol. Well, if you want to live... :)
This is crazy but so cute and funny.
I like how they get married like in 5 minutes after the start of ep. And with such pomp. Space rainbow and salute - lol.
I'm glad Max didn't have to die.
Hikaru thinking of Misa for a change. So he gave up on Minmay already? Good, Misa needs a good friend with a potential for more. They may not see each other very soon though.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Jun 17, 2013 3:51 PM
May 2013
This episode was great .
Max goes on a first date with Milia ,she tries to kill him and then they get married.

Max sure is a genius ... getting married after first date.
Oct 7, 2013 1:35 PM

Apr 2012
This knife scene immediately followed by this marriage ceremony, I will remember them forever.
Nov 28, 2013 11:09 AM

Sep 2013
Max X Milia, the pairing to rule them all! xD
Mar 2, 2014 1:01 PM

Jun 2011
KyoAni ain't got shit on this.
Mar 31, 2014 9:26 PM

Jan 2011
I guess we have to assume that there was a little time skip or two there. I'm thinking that the meeting with Hikaru was a day after the first date, and the wedding ceremony probably at least a few days up to two weeks after that. It's also nice to see that the three spies and the bridge crew (little Freudian slip there, I originally wrote it as bride crew...) are still getting along very well. I really want to see Misa and Hikaru get back together now since it is obvious that Minmay is out of his life.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 25, 2014 3:54 PM
Oct 2013
Beatnik said:
Focker finally has a replacement.

His name is MAX.

Very entertaining episode, both laughing at it and along with it. That knife fight was just an amazing scene, I dont care what anyone says. :D

I dont know how anyone could hate Macross, it's too damn charming.

Zarnaav said:
This episode was great .
Max goes on a first date with Milia ,she tries to kill him and then they get married.

Max sure is a genius ... getting married after first date.

Both are totally correct statements :D
Jan 26, 2015 5:45 AM

Sep 2013
Max, the true MVP genius of all time. Holy balls.

-With reactions so quick he can block a nearby stab attack with a large rock while lying on the ground
-WIth moves so quick he can engage in galactic diplomacy and successfully initiate Cinderella-level marriage with any woman
-With aim so accurate he can disable multiple combatants without causing harm in a 4D environment when he puts his mind to it
Apr 13, 2015 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
Ugh. One strong female character in the show that isn't held back by emotional issues and they had to throw her into a wedding with a man that humiliated her with no real reasoning on either part. What a rushed, technically shitty episode. I guess she's going to be reduced from her former glory to a housewife. They could have at least had her fight alongside Max instead of sit behind him like a submissive weakling because she obviously isn't. It developed the theme of using love to defeat the zentradi, but really poorly handled the characters to do so. The animation was very obviously bad too. The animation quality is totally bipolar lately.
Jun 12, 2015 4:58 PM

Jan 2014
Yup that's it Max is officially the most boss character in this show. He just doesn't hesitate at all.
Aug 30, 2015 3:20 AM

May 2013
bluzz said:
Ugh. One strong female character in the show that isn't held back by emotional issues and they had to throw her into a wedding with a man that humiliated her with no real reasoning on either part. What a rushed, technically shitty episode. I guess she's going to be reduced from her former glory to a housewife. They could have at least had her fight alongside Max instead of sit behind him like a submissive weakling because she obviously isn't. It developed the theme of using love to defeat the zentradi, but really poorly handled the characters to do so. The animation was very obviously bad too. The animation quality is totally bipolar lately.

I agree that Millia's development or lack of could of been handled better but what they did with her and Max moved the plot forward and let's be honest , after watching all these episodes, you knew Millia and Max would have something. Although I didn't expecct that something to be marriage on like day 1 lol.

There's no way Millia could've piloted her own jet as they what little time she had was spent with Max, probably preparing for the wedding. No time at all to learn the controls.

Max and Millia's scenes made this episode! Got a bit scared when Max was going to run off by himself but he successfully avoided the deathflag since Millia came along too.

Loving that more and more Zentradi are defecting and even Britai is willing to defy orders to call for a ceasefire. Wow.

Hikaru and Misa's dream of no more fighting is becoming a reality. The sooner the better, they've got to reunite!
Oct 21, 2015 1:38 AM

Aug 2013
Millia tries to kill Max, then they get married a couple minutes later.

Fastest marriage ever.
Nov 17, 2015 1:56 PM

Jan 2014
lol. this was funny. kind of weird too. I don't know how this might continue... I think she can't know what marriage really is yet. She probably thinks she's some sort of a hostage or something and has to do everything Max says because she lost to him o.O
Apr 6, 2016 3:41 PM

Oct 2010
First time a single episode has ever made me increase my score of an entire show.

I shouldn't but I can't resist. That was the GREATEST.

Now I suppose it's going to go back to Minmay and I'll want to lower it again....
Apr 17, 2016 8:16 AM

Feb 2010
Max is THE MAN, and Millia is also great. Hilarious episode. Best since episode 11, where went into the best infiltration mission ever.

On another note...

Even if we're destined to sink into the depths of hell, I'm not leaving the Misa ship. I'm staying until the very end!

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Apr 24, 2016 8:21 AM

Jan 2015
I really like the way the story is going though the breakneck speed of the marriage is simply poor (but incredibly hilarious) in execution.
Aug 11, 2016 9:54 AM

Jul 2013
jesus was that scene at the beginning between Max and Millian bad.

But the scene where they said that it's okay if they die during the battle was fitting.

But then again....the scene at the end felt like typical "women belong to a kitchen" type of shit.
KuruwinAug 11, 2016 10:14 AM
Nov 30, 2016 8:59 PM
Jan 2015
Wow that was fast. The knife fight was so badly animated that I laughed
Knife fencing ==> Kiss ==> Wedding ( All of that in 10min xD)..

I hope Millia will have her own Vakyrie and not going to end as a housewife.... Minmai should just die.

Zentradi => best antagonist ever
Aug 13, 2017 11:02 AM

Dec 2015
Another really ugly episode (those faces...).
Maximilian's achievement was also utterly ridiculous, but it's not like it's unusual for this series so it was kinda fitting. Let's hope Milia doesn't get promoted from ace pilot/spy to japanese housewife stucked in four walls (though, the brief scene was funny).

Hayase und Hikaru yearning for each other -_- (but it's well done, I guess)

3/5 The seeds of culture finally blossom!

I want this wedding cake!!

@St0rmblade The a sound stands for the "a" letter's typical english pronounciation (the "reversed e" in phonetic, I think). It's fairly common when japanese try to represent something written according to english conventions (as they think of them) and then pronounce them.
So "Za--" is for "zer". (from a foreigner point of view, it's actually close to how I see english, just amplified: we barely/don't notice final "r")
Rei_IIIJul 14, 2020 2:50 AM
Oct 20, 2017 3:12 PM

Nov 2016
Well, that escalated quickly, Max and Milia are quite the couple xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 24, 2017 5:28 AM

Feb 2014
Holy shit that was quick lol. I thought they would spend at least a couple of episodes dealing bureaucratic and political red tapes. But next thing you know, they're already walking down the aisle with those derpy faces and choppy animation.
Jan 14, 2018 8:27 PM

Sep 2013
That wedding procession was so over the top and ridiculous in the best way possible lmao
I hope Milia will be allowed to pilot alone at some point. This show's had a disappointing lack of female pilots so far, and it'd be cool if we got to see Milia, herself, deploy her unique tactic of disabling enemies instead of killing them. But that last scene, though cute, doesn't leave me very hopeful....
Mar 14, 2019 9:59 PM

Sep 2010
Max: I know you tried to kill me two minutes ago, but...Milia will you marry me?

Milia: sure why not lul

Seriously this the best pairing in the show.

As for the animation quality this is probably the worst one yet where did they outsource the animation to? A elementary school?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 25, 2019 9:26 PM

Jun 2014
Enemies to a husband and wife real quick!
What a hilariously dumb episode, really made me laugh for how bad it is.
The knife fight was ugly as the animation is getting shittier. Seriously did they fired half of their staff? Milia turned 360 and it made me cringey.
It seems like they just keep progressing the plot without being logical. Yeah that ugly animation was bugging me.
Mar 3, 2020 9:08 AM

Feb 2017
I knew Max was strong but this... this is too much. He is outright overpowered. True heir of Focker.
This over the top development coupled with some terrible animation and art quality made the episode unintentionally hilarious over all.
May 9, 2020 9:38 AM
Sep 2019
bluzz said:

To be fair the whole show has had an air of misogyny, just look at the way Hikaru was talking to Hayase in the beginning. That said it's early 80's Japan so you can't expect too much on the equality front.

Really annoying how Max seemed to almost get angry that Milia couldn't make him a cup of coffee though, like what the hell was he expecting when he married a literal alien who's never known anything but war? I never liked Max to begin with, he's just way too good at everything for a character who's had no real development.
Jul 14, 2020 2:15 AM

Aug 2017
"Kill me..."
"So cute" - proceeds to kissing xD Max is such a Romeo

They jumped to the marriage so fast that I wasn't even sure that the whole thing was not a dream, it was extremely fun to watch. Milia surely got used to human customs fast, didn't she? Regarding her piloting - I doubt that Captain Global would've allowed her to take a personal jet. There're other pilots, too, so there might not have been a spare one to pilot in the first place.

Looks like there's a hope for peace! Boddole Zar (is it his name?) and the UN top brass are going to ruin it for certain though. But let's hope for the better. I like the whole idea of love defeating war, cool concept. Though it's obvious that there were some animation issues and the whole marriage thing came a bit too fast, but hey, it's a great and fun experience overall.
St0rmbladeJul 14, 2020 2:25 AM
Feb 3, 2022 11:09 PM

Jan 2020
Lmao our friends at Anime Friend and Star Pro are back at it again.
Feb 3, 2022 11:23 PM

Jan 2020
Roloko said:
As for the animation quality this is probably the worst one yet where did they outsource the animation to? A elementary school?

IIRC, in order to meet deadlines, Tatsunoko Pro had to outsource animation work to Anime Friend, who then outsourced to our wonderful friends in Korea, Star Pro. Whenever there was a drop in animation quality, just think Anime Friend/Star Pro.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross Episode 4 Discussion

kiririnshi - Sep 15, 2009

36 by giannis85 »»
Mar 6, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starseeker - Feb 15, 2009

71 by Daze_Daze_Yare »»
Dec 20, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 24 Discussion

JuicyBuddha - Jan 8, 2010

31 by YingZhe »»
Sep 30, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Macross Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Jun 9, 2008

116 by kanata44 »»
Jul 3, 2023 2:29 AM

Poll: » Macross Episode 35 Discussion

Veethorn - Oct 7, 2009

41 by kanata44 »»
Jul 3, 2023 1:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.